Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (24696 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Christians/muslims - Define "Idol Worship" - By Pagans / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2009
Former Pope worships statue of Mary, He says, ""Membership in the Militia means complete dedication to the Kingdom of God and to the salvation of souls through Mary Immaculate." - Pope John Paul II

Members worship statue of Mary,

[img]http://reformationnation.files./2007/12/mary-worship.jpg[/img]

Notice carefully the Illuminati pyramid in gold.

The Word of God condemns bowing to all idols and images! "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, " (Exodus 20:4,5).

[img]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Russian_Orthodox/mary_worship-demonic.jpg
[/img]

"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." - Isaiah 42:8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2009
mumu na were u dey since?I thought u disapeared from nairaland.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2009
I am not glued to this forum am I? grin
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2009
I thought you would have been more interested in educating your fellow "true" christians on the dangers of not observing the sabath,Since most christians appear to "guilty" of it.

Abi is the sin of "idol worship" more than that of non-observance of the "sabath"
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2009
I have in the past discussed sabbath issues before, but if you have something to say start a thread on the topic.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by jagunlabi(m): 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2009
This is a funny accusation because all christians(and i mean every single one of them) are idol worshippers.To now stand up and accuse the major subsect within christiandom of idol worshipping by another christian is a big joke.
BOBBYAF,YOU AND THE REST OF THE CHRISTIANDOM ARE ALL IDOL WORSHIPPERS!Get used to that fact and learn to live with it.And,bobbyaf, stop judging others on what you yourself is guilty of.Judge not lest you be judged.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by jagunlabi(m): 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2009
Ofcourse the catholic subsect is about idol worshipping,afterall christianity was formed through the syncretizing of various existing and much more established pagan religions of the time.The ancient pagan gods simply became the saints,and the various ancient pagan godmen archetypes became Jesus christ whom all christians worship today,anyway.So what is the big deal?
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2009
@bobbyaff
It is better to discuss the sabath since a greater percentage of christians are involved ,do you realise that the seventh day adventist represent less than 4 percent of the christian poipulation,which means that the remaining 96 percent that don't observe the sabath are doomed. I would prefer we discuss the sabath since a greater number of christians are involved.

In your hypocritical hatred for the RCC you always pick on them because they are the largest branch of christendom.

But I have bad news for you

The RCC will outlive you
The RCC will outlive your children,grand children and great great, grand children(that is if you will have any)

1 Like

Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Tudor6(f): 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2009
chukwudi44:

@bobbyaff
It is better to discuss the sabath since a greater percentage of christians are involved ,do you realise that the seventh day adventist represent less than 4 percent of the christian poipulation,which means that the remaining 96 percent that don't observe the sabath are doomed. I would prefer we discuss the sabath since a greater number of christians are involved.

In your hypocritical hatred for the RCC you always pick on them because they are the largest branch of christendom.

But I have bad news for you

The RCC will outlive you
The RCC will outlive your children,grand children and great great,  grand children(that is if you will have any)
What kind of a god condemns me to damnation coz i didn't sleep all through my saturday

1 Like

Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 5:15am On Jul 12, 2009
@ jagunlabi

This is a funny accusation because all christians(and i mean every single one of them) are idol worshippers.To now stand up and accuse the major subsect within christiandom of idol worshipping by another christian is a big joke.
BOBBYAF,YOU AND THE REST OF THE CHRISTIANDOM ARE ALL IDOL WORSHIPPERS!Get used to that fact and learn to live with it.And,bobbyaf, stop judging others on what you yourself is guilty of.Judge not lest you be judged.

Prove your argument. Right this minute what you're saying doesn't even make any sense. You're wasting my time. I need serious posters in this thread.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 5:26am On Jul 12, 2009
@ chukwudi44

@bobbyaff
It is better to discuss the sabath since a greater percentage of christians are involved ,do you realise that the seventh day adventist represent less than 4 percent of the christian poipulation,which means that the remaining 96 percent that don't observe the sabath are doomed.

You said it not me! grin

I would prefer we discuss the sabath since a greater number of christians are involved.

This thread is not about the sabbath.

"broad is the road that leads to destruction and many there be that find it, and narrow is the road that leads to eternal life and few there be that find it" Jesus said.

Besides, if I hated Catholics I wouldn't be here warning them to leave this deceitful and pagan infested organization, would I? There are large amounts of innocent Catholics that have been deceived, and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.

But I have bad news for you, The RCC will outlive you, The RCC will outlive your children,grand children and great great, grand children(that is if you will have any)

Well, I have good news for you. Jesus is coming again and when He comes I pray that you will be ready. I pray that God will remove the scales from your eyes that you will find freedom in Christ, instead of looking to a man-made religion.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 5:29am On Jul 12, 2009
@ tudor

What kind of a god condemns me to damnation coz i didn't sleep all through my saturday

That is a catholic concept. God holds those responsible based on what they know, and how they apply such knowledge. If you're serious about God in due season you will see the light.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Lady2(f): 6:41am On Jul 12, 2009
@ Chukwudi

Why are you entertaining Bobbyaf?
Don't you know foolishness when u see one?
According to Bobby, God himself promotes idolatry when he commanded the Israelites to make graven images to be used in worship.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by bawomolo(m): 6:55am On Jul 12, 2009
~Lady~:

@ Chukwudi

According to Bobby, God himself promotes idolatry when he commanded the Israelites to make graven images to be used in worship.

which is technically idol worshiping.

The God of the bible is only worried when the idol worshiped is not him.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by jookco(m): 9:36am On Jul 12, 2009
Hello Bobbyaf

What you just raised here is a very important issue, but the man can not see what you are saying here, this is a very very clear massage.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 7:18pm On Jul 12, 2009
@ Lady

@ Chukwudi

Age-old strategy by Catholics when they are confronted with truth is to question the very God of the bible, grin

Besides, your ignorance of things of this nature doesn't surprise me anyway. How can you compare God's motives for an action that He commanded, with man's motives for an action that suits such a motive?

The symbolism in Moses' brazen serpent must not be mistaken for idolatry as compared to a deliberate attempt on the part of humans to disobey a direct command of God. Moses in no way made anyone kiss that serpent on a pole, or encouraged anyone to bow down to it.

Like Adam that accused God of providing a woman that lured him into sin, you are now accusing God of encouraging idolatry, because you fail to understand the import of why God told Moses to build a pole with a brazen serpent on it.

Stop looking for excuse, and stop blaming God.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by PastorAIO: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2009
Bobbyaf:

@ Lady

Age-old strategy by Catholics when they are confronted with truth is to question the very God of the bible, grin

Besides, your ignorance of things of this nature doesn't surprise me anyway. How can you compare God's motives for an action that He commanded, with man's motives for an action that suits such a motive?

The symbolism in Moses' brazen serpent must not be mistaken for idolatry as compared to a deliberate attempt on the part of humans to disobey a direct command of God. Moses in no way made anyone kiss that serpent on a pole, or encouraged anyone to bow down to it.

Like Adam that accused God of providing a woman that lured him into sin, you are now accusing God of encouraging idolatry, because you fail to understand the import of why God told Moses to build a pole with a brazen serpent on it.

Stop looking for excuse, and stop blaming God.

@BobbyAf
Why did God tell moses to build a pole with a brazen serpent on it?
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2009
@ jookco

Hello Bobbyaf

What you just raised here is a very important issue, but the man can not see what you are saying here, this is a very very clear massage.

Very important indeed because people need to know that the foundation of Roman Catholicism is paganism. When Constantine a Roman Emperor merged paganism with Christianity in the 4th century, it paved the way for the development of an apostate religio-political system, now known as Roman Catholicism, posing as a voice on moral issues.

Ladies and gentlemen of this fora listen to me carefully. The freedom that you seemingly enjoy now will be something of the past very soon. Rome as we speak is subtly gaining power and control with key nations, including the US. Her objective is to gain supreme control in matters of religion and state matters, and when she does hell will break loose.

Revelation 13:7 predicts, "And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations."

15 And he(the USA) had power to give life unto the image of the beast, (Revived Roman Catholicism) that the image of the beast should both speak (cause to legislate) and cause (enforce legislation) that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

The lamb-like beast in verse 11 represents the new nation of the USA that was in the process of forming its own identity just prior to the French Revolution in which Roman Catholicism received its deadly wound in 1798. It will be this same America that will create an image to the first beast that arose from the sea. Why is it called the image of the beast? Because the same principle of operation that existed in Europe will once again thrive in the US, in which the RCC will seek a union of church and state. The RCC has no real power until she gets the state to back her ideals and dogmas. Only then can she persecute God's people. Se wants to get rid of all those who oppose her, and the only way to do that is to get the state to pass religious laws that favour her.

My friends if you are prepared for a serious study on time-line prophecy feel free to request one. I will be more than happy to send you a video link.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Recognise: 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2009
@OP

This isn't news that isnt already in public domain . . . grin
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2009
@BobbyAf

Jesus said "as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness even so must the Son of man be lifted up so that whoever believes on him shall have eternal life"

They are several reasons why God told Moses to place a brazen serpent on a pole for all to see.

1. It was a reminder to them. Upon seeing the serpent they would remember what led to some of them dying from excruciating pain in the wilderness, grin (forgive my finding it amusing)

2. Its medically strange that the very venom of snakes that kill, is the very venom that saves life. Is it any wonder why God said life is found in the blood. The serpent on the pole represents both death and salvation, hence it symbolizes Jesus on the cross. The bible says "He became sin for us, " On the cross Jesus bore the sin of the entire world from all dispensations both from the past until the very last person to be born.

by looking in faith they would be healed. it wasn't the look so much on the serpent that healed them but their faith. It is only as we look at Calvary can we really and truly experience salvation.

1 Like

Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Lady2(f): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2009
bawomolo:

which is technically idol worshiping.

The God of the bible is only worried when the idol worshiped is not him.

No actually it is not technically Idol worship.
The problem arises when people do not know the meaning of the term worship.
Worship does not pertain to God alone, it can also pertain to man.
Hence the reason why in Britain today they address their judges and such as 'Your Worship'

To understand the actual meaning of Idolatry one has to look at the root words. Particularly the latry part of the word. Latry is the english variation of the latin word Latria, which is the highest form of worship. That form of worship is due to God alone. It doesn't matter if u were to use pictures to focus your mind on God, if you do not consider that picture your God, and you do not put the foucs on that picture as the Supreme Being then that picture is not God. And hence you are not worshipping the picture as God. But rather instead using the picture to focus on God.

The other confusion comes in with the word Pray. Unfortunately most people are not aware of what the word prayer means.
To pray is to ask, it is to petition, plain and simple. When we look back at shakespear time  we see that the characters in his plays when speaking to other human characters use the word pray in referring to them. The most notable one being "I pray thee"
They are not regarding the person they're speaking to as God. They are simply petitioning the person.

So it all comes down to context and intention of the person.

What those who always find pleasure in attacking the Catholic church fail to realise is that they are actually the ones guilty of idolatry or are even doing the same thing.

While praying in their homes they have pictures of their family members and of themselves. They even have T.Vs, tables, chairs, beds and such in their rooms. They even get down on their knees in front of their beds to pray or their chairs to pray and if one looks at their gesture they are bowing in front of the bed.
According to them, if one bows in front of an object or bows in front of the object to pray that person is guilty of worshipping that object. Therefore they too are guilty of worshipping their chairs or beds or pictures in their rooms as they get on their knees and bow to pray in their room.
Unless they wish to somehow logically explain how those objects are not images.

They even go so far as to worship a book, the Bible. They worship the ink used in writing it, and worship the paper it is written on. They worship a book. By asserting that it is by Bible alone, they worship the Bible and elevate the Bible above all else.
The actual Word of God (the logos) is a Person and not a book or an object.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Lady2(f): 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2009
Bobbyaf:

Jesus said "as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness even so must the Son of man be lifted up so that whoever believes on him shall have eternal life"

They are several reasons why God told Moses to place a brazen serpent on a pole for all to see.

1. It was a reminder to them. Upon seeing the serpent they would remember what led to some of them dying from excruciating pain in the wilderness, grin (forgive my finding it amusing)

2. Its medically strange that the very venom of snakes that kill, is the very venom that saves life. Is it any wonder why God said life is found in the blood. The serpent on the pole represents both death and salvation, hence it symbolizes Jesus on the cross. The bible says "He became sin for us, " On the cross Jesus bore the sin of the entire world from all dispensations both from the past until the very last person to be born.

by looking in faith they would be healed. it wasn't the look so much on the serpent that healed them but their faith. It is only as we look at Calvary can we really and truly experience salvation.

But that doesn't make any sense when we look at your reasoning. God is contradicting himself here according to your interpretation of the commandment.
Your interpretation says any making of a graven image and use of it in worship means that the image is being worshipped.
So why would God command that a graven image be made that will be used in worship?
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2009
So it all comes down to context and intention of the person.

And since you don't know the heart of man as God does, its best to simply obey rather than conjure up excuses for plain idolatry. In other words God doesn't want a representation when it comes to worship. He prefers a direct approach. He desires that all of His children come to Him directly. Jesus didn't teach us to pray through saints. He simply said to pray to our father which is in heaven. So we don't need Mary, or dead saints through whom to pray since they are dead and gone.

The RCC removed the 2nd commandment which forbids image carving and worship. It plainly says "thou shall not make unto thee any graven images", of anything, be it Mary, Jesus, or anyone else. What is it about that plain commandment you are failing to comprehend?
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2009
But that doesn't make any sense when we look at your reasoning. God is contradicting himself here according to your interpretation of the commandment.
Your interpretation says any making of a graven image and use of it in worship means that the image is being worshipped.
So why would God command that a graven image be made that will be used in worship?

Its simple. God's motives are different than men's. As was explained God had His reasons which incidentally had nothing to do with anyone bowing down in worship. All that was required was for them to look in faith at the serpent on the pole. It was a one-time act.

Today what we see are images of Jesus and Mary all over the RCC. Today what we see are people kissing and bowing down to these lifeless forms rather than take their cases to Jesus, the greatest physician.

1 Like

Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Recognise: 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2009
Pastor AIO:

@BobbyAf

@Pastor AIO

- Pastor AIO

Why?

Simple. The brazen serpent among other significances was a step short of an idol . . . smiley

BobbyAf's already trying to do a good job highlighting the significances  wink

Notice that it was looked up to (i.e. beheld) and not bowed down to (i.e. it was not worshipped)

The distinction can be noticed when reading Exodus chapter 20 verses 4-5

There is a whole world wide difference between a graven image and an idol

Moreover the brazen serpent wasn't a subject of worship . . .

The brazen serpent was a graven image and not an idol

Pictures or paintings of ancestors or effigies of any other human beings for that matter cant assist in worshipping the true God.

Neither are and/or were such effigies (i.e. these Virgin Mary figurines) commanded to be made by Him anyway smiley

Remember when the Israelites burnt incense and made drink offerings to the queen of heaven,”

God was angry with them because they were serving other gods

Read Jeremiah chapter 44 verses 14-30 for the exact details wink
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2009
wait until i start a thread on the pentecostals . . . they are no better than the catholics at all.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2009
~Lady~:

this is the usual subtle twisting of the scripture to justify catholic nonsense. Read that portion of the bible again -

Num 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Where was the serpent WORSHIPPED like you dishonestly claimed? Why was this serpent NEVER mentioned again after verse 9 except to use it as a symbol of Christ's own crucifiction on the cross? If this was indeed a graven image that God meant for worship then why didnt the jews take it along with them and even install it in the temple when solomon finally built one?
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Lady2(f): 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2009
davidylan:

this is the usual subtle twisting of the scripture to justify catholic nonsense. Read that portion of the bible again -

Num 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Where was the serpent WORSHIPPED like you dishonestly claimed? Why was this serpent NEVER mentioned again after verse 9 except to use it as a symbol of Christ's own crucifiction on the cross? If this was indeed a graven image that God meant for worship then why didnt the jews take it along with them and even install it in the temple when solomon finally built one?

Where did I say that the serpent is worshipped?
Read my post well again before you give yourself hypertension.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2009
~Lady~:

Where did I say that the serpent is worshipped?
Read my post well again before you give yourself hypertension.

Read here:

~Lady~:

[size=18pt]So why would God command that a graven image be made that will be used in worship?[/size]

Again:

~Lady~:

@ Chukwudi

According to Bobby, [size=18pt]God himself promotes idolatry when he commanded the Israelites to make graven images to be used in worship.[/size]
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Lady2(f): 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2009
Bobbyaf:

And since you don't know the heart of man as God does, its best to simply obey rather than conjure up excuses for plain idolatry. In other words God doesn't want a representation when it comes to worship. He prefers a direct approach. He desires that all of His children come to Him directly. Jesus didn't teach us to pray through saints. He simply said to pray to our father which is in heaven. So we don't need Mary, or dead saints through whom to pray since they are dead and gone.

The RCC removed the 2nd commandment which forbids image carving and worship. It plainly says "thou shall not make unto thee any graven images", of anything, be it Mary, Jesus, or anyone else. What is it about that plain commandment you are failing to comprehend?

And I guess you're the one that knows the heart of man because you're the one that's telling people that Catholics worship Mary. Do you know my heart and the heart of every Catholic?

How do you know God's heart? How do you know he doesn't want representatives? How do you know he wants a direct approach?
Did he use the Priests in the OT and didn't he use prophets to speak to the people?
Why didn't he speak to each individual?
I specifically remember the Israelites rising up against Moses and they said they too wanted to see and hear God, and when they heard the thunder claps they became afraid and begged Moses to speak to God on their behalf.
Why would God be inconsistent in what he wants?

If the 2nd commandment forbids image carving why did God command the carving of images in the ark of the covenant and the bronze serpent and the specific things he requested to be used to build his temple from Solomon.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Recognise: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2009
Davidylan:

Wait until I start a thread on the pentecostals . . .

they are no better than the catholics at all.

@Davidylan

- Davidylan

The penterascals indeed . . . grin Coining KunleOshob's phrase

BTW in fairness ~Lady~ didnt say the serpent was worshipped

but did insinuate that others do inadvertently and/or subtly worship graven images of some sort . . .
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Lady2(f): 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2009
Read here:

One more time where did I say the serpent IS worshipped?
David read my post very well, and show me which one says the Serpent IS worshipped?

It is always good to conveniently miss things in others posts.

You forgot the part about [size=16pt]ACCORDING TO BOBBYAF[/size]

[size=17pt]According to Bobby[/size], God himself promotes idolatry when he commanded the Israelites to make graven images to be used in worship.

Seriously it wouldn't hurt to actually read before you pop a blood vessel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can I Overcome The Urge For Pornography? / Kumuyi Takes Hope & Restoration Message To Yola Amidst Boko Haram Crisis (Photos / Serious About Your Spiritual Life? Then You Need To Read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.