Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV (14104 Views)

Benefits Of Professional Courses To Your CV / This Is Urgent, Send Your CV IF Qualified / How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Benjom(m): 6:33am On Feb 24, 2016
If you have been sending out your CV and have not been getting positive responses, this may be the right time to look deeply into your document which represents your connection to the job world. The following are the four signs it may be time to get help for your CV if any of them affects you:

1. Your CV is not getting the responses you envisaged at all. Some job screenings every week can be seen as a good sign. About three to four interviews per month means your CV is definitely getting the attention of the recruiters and all you just need is a bit of patience and perseverance. But on the reverse, a silent phone (calls or SMS) and an empty mail inbox – day by day and week by week – may mean something is wrong somewhere.

[img]http://.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/surprised-1184889_640.png[/img]

2. Recruiters are contacting you only to clarify confusing issues on your CV. If recruiters are calling you just to ask for your salary requirements or to double-check an aspect of your work experience, that’s fine. But not when they end the conversation and you’re never contacted again. Find out what areas in your CV are raising questions. You need to get these confusing aspects resolved before you continue your CV submissions.

3. Recruiters are looking for information about you via online searches but they are not achieving any meaningful success in their secret ‘escapades’. You’ve got every right in the world to stay quiet on social media platforms if you choose to. Contrary to common beliefs, you don’t need a LinkedIn profile, Facebook profile, Twitter feed, or a viable blog with daily updates to survive in this modern world. Notwithstanding, if the popular Google search offers recruiters zero information about you, and other aforementioned platforms reveals nothing but a blurry profile photograph that makes you look like someone who just arrived from ‘Umuhu Village’ and tight privacy settings, you may as well be missing ample opportunities to impress the employers.

4. You have not subjected your CV and Cover Letter to any outside help for constructive criticism. Writing effectively requires soliciting inputs and feedback from esteemed readers. The same rule applies to any professional layout and presentation. You may have assumed that your CV is written beautifully and formatted flawlessly. My advice? Get a second opinion before moving forward.

If any of the above situations rings a bell to you, it may be high time you sought after some CV help from your mentors, career counselors, friends, or professional writers. if you’re not quite ready to accentuate your employment status from roof-tops, you may sit calmly otherwise get help very fast to keep your search on track because time waits for no man; every passing day makes you an older person. Make sure your CV is structured according to the demands of your industry.

http://.com/four-signs-it-may-be-time-to-get-help-for-your-cv/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Benjom(m): 6:35am On Feb 24, 2016
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Benjom(m): 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
Your input will be appreciated.

Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Prodigee: 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
Very helpful tips. Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Benjom(m): 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
Prodigee:
You're welcome... and thanks too for taking your time to read through.
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Benjom(m): 11:47am On Feb 26, 2016
Prodigee:

Do visit my site to learn more.
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by bolt000(m): 1:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
hmm
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Kriztovar13(m): 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
In 400level and my CV is very much intac
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Hysmady(m): 1:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ok
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by LMAyedun(m): 1:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
Pls! I'm a fresh graduate and a PCM.. Can anybody help with a good CV format?
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Ipheyemmy01(m): 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
Learning Mode activated.
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by fattbabakay(m): 2:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
[url=eduregard.com/tag/cv/][size=15pt]Nice post. Read More About CV's Here[/size][/url]

1 Like

Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by kunlesufyan(m): 2:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
This is good ...when sending a CV,is it necessary to send along a copy of ones certificate?
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by phraimzy: 2:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Pls who have idea that ecobank is the worst servicing banks in nigeria
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by EduRegard: 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
fattbabakay:
[url=eduregard.com/tag/cv/][size=15pt]Nice post. Read More About CV's Here[/size][/url]
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by MisterGrace: 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
Why did you have to steal the content in my CV/resume @ http://.com/cv-samples?

You couldn't even take time to modify it well. This is bad.
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Bigtoto(f): 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
LMAyedun:
Pls! I'm a fresh graduate and a PCM.. Can anybody help with a good CV format?
yeah!
Check online, UK standard.
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by nenergy(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
There is more to a CV than the format. Your CV must pass ATS screening and must appeal to the human eye also.

Let me give you that. PM me or see signature. Only N999. See evidence!

Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by nenergy(m): 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kriztovar13:
Who verified it? Many have said that, but when I checked...not intact.
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by shepherd77: 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
Good

Dragnet, SHL, Workforce PQ & Answers are available on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2685888/myjob-mobile-app-android
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by nenergy(m): 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
kunlesufyan:
This is good ...when sending a CV,is it necessary to send along a copy of ones certificate?
No, unless expressly requested. Even putting referees on CV is outdated.

1 Like

Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by RotrEmmanuel: 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kriztovar13:
Once u graduate u will know the true meaning of INTACT cv!!! Kip ranting online

2 Likes

Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Temmytea70(m): 3:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
Wats all these yeye cv self....Companies will hire you if they want to hire you jawe...u really tink it's by cv?.... Com and ask me
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by nenergy(m): 4:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
Temmytea70:
Wats all these yeye cv self....Companies will hire you if they want to hire you jawe...u really tink it's by cv?.... Com and ask me
My guy, some CVs out there are abysmally ugly. I'm seen a signboard looking CV, it wasn't funny. CVs are not meant to get jobs, but gets you interview.

2 Likes

Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by Benjom(m): 4:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
MisterGrace:
Why did you have to steal the content in my CV/resume @ http://.com/cv-samples?

You couldn't even take time to modify it well. This is bad.

Who are you? Post the CV here and let the world see what you're trying to claim. In fact, you'll hear from my lawyer soon not only for battery and assault but also for theft of intellectual property... You'll be served 'sopono' soon. I mean, subpoena.
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by fleps(m): 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hmmm. Good write up
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by bamite(m): 4:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
The best CV is connection and God jare. All this plenty things na wash. Infact all the people i know that are doing cool jobs now,didn't get those jobs by any CV or even blasting any interview. Some got theirs through people they know or just by mere luck. When it's your time ,it's your time jare
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by bodeoni: 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
nenergy:
There is more to a CV than the format. Your CV must pass ATS screening and must appeal to the human eye also.

Let me give you that. PM me or see signature. Only N999. See evidence!

If it's all the same to you. Post this excellent CV here cos that mail seems to me like an automated response.
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by loomer: 5:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nigerian employers/recruiters too de lay emphasis on how person CV look like self.
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by gungab(m): 6:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
I wholeheartedly agreed with the op concerning the last point..
it happen to me, I receive low invite not until I sent my resume to friend who discover mistake... thanks to d guy... damola
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by afolakemi: 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
phraimzy:
Pls who have idea that ecobank is the worst servicing banks in nigeria

Abeg, help me with my CV, I be security guard before. Now I want to apply for job in a bank and another company. Should I include my security job experience or I should just write my CV clean?
Re: Four Signs It May Be Time To Get Help For Your CV by nenergy(m): 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
bodeoni:

If it's all the same to you. Post this excellent CV here cos that mail seems to me like an automated response.
Its more than the format my guy. Goodluck!

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Recruit 17,000 Youths For Road Maintenance / Keystone Bank Entry Level Interview 2018 / Over 500,000 Applicants Jostle For 3,200 Vacancies In Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.