Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest (32702 Views)

LIVE! Biafrexit: We’ll Tell Our Men To Take Up Arms If… – Rivers Women Conferenc / Rivers Women Excited To See Osinbajo As He Visits State (Photos) / Rivers Women Met With Rimamde Shawulu-Kwewum (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by truthspeaks: 1:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
Rili? A whole bunch of market women bn misinformed? Pls read d post again
Mynd44:
I dont believe this. Nah……I'd like to think the women are misinformed
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by omolola15(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
melodyirish:
APC never sleep until they get one oil producing state. Chaiii I fear una

This is not political. This is the case of some greedy folks extorting market women. And the best help they can get is from the government. Enter market anywhere na so you go dey see different ticket. I once saw someone giving ticket to wheelbarrow pushers. They have to pay a levy of 100 naira daily. Where's that money going to.

1 Like

Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by owumzy(m): 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Speaking in his office, the Chairman of the Port Harcourt City Council, Mr. Sunny Sam-Ejekwu, said he was not aware of any extortion in Mile 3 market.

Sam-Ejekwu described the allegation of intimidation and extortion by the market women as blackmail and added that the claims by the market women were politically motivated.

When reached, the Chairman of Port Harcourt City Local Government Area of Rivers State, Mr. Sunny Sam-Ejekwu denied knowledge of the said extortion and intimidations.

He, however, promised to investigate the matter to find out the actual reason behind the market women’s protest at the Government House in Port Harcourt.

He called the protest "POLITICALLY MOTIVATED" when he has not even investigated, it only goes to show how much he is culpable.

1 Like

Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by nakamora: 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
The Aba made Governor's perfume is available here just #1000,elsewhere is #2000.Get yours today at #419 wike street opposite wicked junction.

1 Like

Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by meforyou1(m): 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
JayJohnson:
This Rivers governor is just starting with you, by the time he finishes with Rivers people, ok
did u read the story?
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
Those tax collectors must be lying to the women.... Governors perfume ke
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by dorisdiva(f): 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
undecidedAnd to think that this is a state where Corpers who served since 2012 are yet to be paid . Surely the Governor could think of better priorities than the purchase of perfume.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Bgorgeous: 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
What have you pple seen
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by ajebuter(f): 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
Shuo??

Our politicians have gone mad again...

Nonsense ...

1 Like

Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by abagoro(m): 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
adonbilivit:
so u actually think wike authorized them to levy them for his(wike') perfume? fact is, they may have been paying for that, but it is definitely not a directive from the office of the governor.

cc mynd44

Wike can never do that and no Governor will try it. The revenue collectors are fraudsters thinking the market women are illiterates. Market women are infact one of if not the strongest force in politics.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
Oz4realsss:

The headline is as useless as a tissue of lies. There is no correlation between it and the body of the report. Op, try to use your common sense next time.

The women protested yesterday , the issues are real, the touts inthe market are simply exploiting these women in the name of the gov.

His silence makes him suspect, maybe you dont live in ph.

1 Like

Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by PrinceEvolution(m): 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
nna checkout oooo...educated illiterates just yakpa for dis obodo nja...wetin dey sup naaa
iamodenigbo1:
sensational headline
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by scarffield(m): 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
Puhahahahahahahahaha!....he no 1 qet body odour like bubu!
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by HARTN: 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
That's not true, all these sponsored news from APC will not stand. I live in PH, nothing of such. If these is taken in PH, then its sponsored. One thing is certain, we ve decided that APC doesn't ve a place in Rivers state n South South in general and we ar resolute on it. Let them keep trying, it won't work!
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by billyG(m): 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
No b wike(d) them go hear am,shebi them vote 4 am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by danbrowndmf(m): 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
Mynd44:
You simply don't stay in Porthacourt if you dunno the way Porthacourt tax force behaves. 10years ago,Tax force in this same porthacourt collect money for waste bin inside your bus/car,Then wike was obia akpor chairman.What you read up their is the truth...The Previous Government was the one who tried a bit to slow down the power of the tax force in Porthacourt & Rivers state as a whole.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by eLcastro(m): 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
...I cn c d prodigy son dat said he's an orphan nd his gang has started.,dey cn evn wait 4 2019...no wahala.,wen we will start treatin dey lyk thieves nw...zombies will arise
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by eLcastro(m): 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
danbrowndmf:
You simply don't stay in Porthacourt if you dunno the way Porthacourt tax force behaves. 10years ago,Tax force in this same porthacourt collect money for waste bin inside your bus/car,Then wike was obia akpor chairman.What you read up their is the truth...The Previous Government was the one who tried a bit to slow down the power of the tax force in Porthacourt & Rivers state as a whole.
which previous govt.,d one dat tax force pipo killed a woman at rumigbo.?..y u such a bleepin liar.? If u wanna hate dis govt.,u will c every reason to...meanwhile i advice u pack 2 daura.,if ph is nt 7 "normal" 4 u....b4 d acidic nature of diz govt against haters melt u
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by funlord(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
grin

Even if dey buy a fragrance by "hugo boss featuring ck, tom ford and versace" mixed together for wike? He and his administration will still stink worse than a raw sewage plant!
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by ronaldbecky(m): 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Op well done...no b my force to blog
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by mercenary: 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
Mynd44:
This guy don surprise me 2day... So u gree say the women are misinformed?... Hmmm end time agreement... Look well oh its Wike oh
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Ebrusjoe: 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
JingoOAU:

That day He will the true nature of the woman. Any way falsehood loaded story

It was written by Punch newspaper and not the Nation Newspaper....

Or APC has taken ownership of Punch?

By the way, it's too early for these women to protest naa...afterall, it's just perfume....he will soon tax them to fund his children's marriages
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by danbrowndmf(m): 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
eLcastro:
which previous govt.,d one dat tax force pipo killed a woman at rumigbo.?..y u such a bleepin liar.? If u wanna hate dis govt.,u will c every reason to...meanwhile i advice u pack 2 daura.,if ph is nt 7 "normal" 4 u....b4 d acidic nature of diz govt against haters melt u
Brother i'm not PDP neither i'm i APC,my statement is not in anyway to tarnish this government...When Wike was the obiakpor local government chairman tax force collect money for even waste bin inside bus,before you build your house,you pay tax force like you wan't to build a mansion...we had two bus on the road when wike was obiakpor chairman,do u know how much we pay out almost every week? My dad got a land then you know how much we pay? When ameachi came in we pay less than what we use to pay because then wike left the position for another position.This simply does not mean Ameachi government was a better government nor a bad one either..i don't have business with you APC or PDP. I'm talking for my self brother.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Elinob(m): 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Topic of the day .
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Oz4realsss: 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2016
9jatriot:
Look at the bolded.

HUNDREDS of women from Mile Three Market in Diobu, Port Harcourt marched to the Government House in Port Harcourt in protest against an alleged multiple taxation, which includes a tax for governor’s perfume.
The emboldened stated above is the summary of the entire report by the reporter. To you, an alleged "Governor’s perfume" has become an established case. This is really pathetic and goes a long way to underscore your level of comprehension. The report never established the existence of any "Governor's perfume" that the headline mischievously tried to paint. It only alleged. I hope this will help.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Oz4realsss: 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
9jatriot:
Look at the bolded.

HUNDREDS of women from Mile Three Market in Diobu, Port Harcourt marched to the Government House in Port Harcourt in protest against an alleged multiple taxation, which includes a tax for governor’s perfume.
The emboldened stated above is the summary of the entire report by the reporter. To you, an alleged "Governor’s perfume" has become an established case. This is really pathetic and goes a long way to underscore your poor level of comprehension. The report never established the existence of any "Governor's perfume" that the headline mischievously tried to paint. It only alleged. I hope this will help.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by alaskido(m): 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
Governors Perfume my ass
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Oz4realsss: 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
kaeforum:

The women protested yesterday , the issues are real, the touts inthe market are simply exploiting these women in the name of the gov.

His silence makes him suspect, maybe you dont live in ph.

It may be true that some women in Port Harcourt protested over multiple taxation but the report never established the existence of any "Governor’s perfume" that the headline want us to believe. The report only alleged.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by 9jatriot(m): 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
Journalist everywhere decide what aspect of the story to focus on and make news out of it. continue displaying your comprehension problem.
Oz4realsss:

The emboldened stated above is the summary of the entire report by the reporter. To you, an alleged "Governor’s perfume" has become an established case. This is really pathetic and goes a long way to underscore your poor level of comprehension. The report never established the existence of any "Governor's perfume" that the headline mischievously tried to paint. It only alleged. I hope this will help.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Oz4realsss: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
9jatriot:
Look at the bolded.

What is wrong with the emboldened if it is not a statement by one Gift?

The emboldened above is the summary of the entire report by the reporter. It never established the existence of any "Governor’s perfume". It only alleged it.

I hope this helps so that you will not easily be deceived by mischievous headlines like this one
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Oz4realsss: 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
9jatriot:
Journalist everywhere decide what aspect of the story to focus on and make news out of it. continue displaying your comprehension problem.

In this case, you are the one that is deceived by your poor reading and comprehension skills. The reporter clearly stated his findings in his summary. It is your cup of tea to accept whatever you like including this headline that does not in anyway reflect the submission of the reporter. An alleged case can never be an established fact.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Ayatullah(m): 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
WIKE GO SMELL DIE!
Let it be known to Wike that if all the perfumes from Paris are mixed with the ones in Arabia and given to him it will not stop wicked Wike from emitting foul odour! The blood of those he killed to become governor will make him emit foul odour forever and ever.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos As PDP Campaigns In Kano Municipal / Gumi: I Feel Pity For The Next President, We Could Face A Greater Insurgency / Rivers Lawmakers Whose Seats Were Declared Vacant Lack Sound Legal Advice–falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.