Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest (32704 Views)

LIVE! Biafrexit: We’ll Tell Our Men To Take Up Arms If… – Rivers Women Conferenc / Rivers Women Excited To See Osinbajo As He Visits State (Photos) / Rivers Women Met With Rimamde Shawulu-Kwewum (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by 9jatriot(m): 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
On what basis are you laying ur fake accusation? As d journalist dat created d story ornas the OP. kindly explain.
Oz4realsss:

In this case, you are the one that is deceived by your poor reading and comprehension skills. The reporter clearly stated his findings in his summary. It is your cup of tea to accept whatever you like including this headline that does not in anyway reflect the submission of the reporter. An alleged case can never be an established fact.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Ayatullah(m): 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
kaeforum:

The women protested yesterday , the issues are real, the touts in the market are simply exploiting these women in the name of the gov.

His silence makes him suspect, maybe you dont live in ph.

Anything will definitely play out in a state governed by a cultist.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Oz4realsss: 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
9jatriot:
On what basis are you laying ur fake accusation? As d journalist dat created d story ornas the OP. kindly explain.

Find below the summary of the report by the reporter:

HUNDREDS of women from Mile Three Market in Diobu, Port Harcourt marched to the Government House in Port Harcourt in protest against an alleged multiple taxation, which includes a tax for governor’s perfume.

What do you make out of this or they were written by me?
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by 9jatriot(m): 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hmmm. Comprehension problem at play. kind refer the passage to the originating journalist or the OP and suggest your own title to them. you never can tell, they may be open to use a title that will make u happy.
Oz4realsss:

Find below the summary of the report by the reporter:

HUNDREDS of women from Mile Three Market in Diobu, Port Harcourt marched to the Government House in Port Harcourt in protest against an alleged multiple taxation, which includes a tax for governor’s perfume.

What do you make out of this or they were written by me?
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Oz4realsss: 5:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
JingoOAU:

It was written by Punch newspaper and not the Nation Newspaper....

Or APC has taken ownership of Punch?

By the way, it's too early for these women to protest naa...afterall, it's just perfume....he will soon tax them to fund his children's marriages

The headline is different from the submission of the reporter. Below is the summary of the report by the reporter which is clearly stated in the the first paragraph.

The report only alleged which is different from what the headline painted. I hope you can now see why the headline is fallacious?
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by tulus(f): 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
Governor perfume indeed. What of Governor loiloi? Dats how dis so called task force keep harassing people any how. undecided
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by Oz4realsss: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
9jatriot:
Hmmm. Comprehension problem at play. kind refer the passage to the originating journalist or the OP and suggest your own title to them. you never can tell, they may be open to use a title that will make u happy.

Yes, there is a very big comprehension problem at play here and whether the title makes me happy or not is inconsequential.

I will like you to follow these lines of thought logically. Did the report establish whether there was a protest? Yes, it did. Can same be said about the existence of the "Governor's perfume" levy? No, it only alleged. Mind you, I am referring to the submission of the reporter and not the opinions expressed by some of the protesters.

What you should fear for is the poor level of Reading Comprehension.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
PrinceEvolution:
nna checkout oooo...educated illiterates just yakpa for dis obodo nja...wetin dey sup naaa
hapu ndi Ara
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by ElCapone(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
Mynd44:
I dont believe this. Nah……I'd like to think the women are misinformed
hw wld u, if na bubu nw nko, then itz apc zombies
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by ItuExchange(m): 9:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
Is this true?
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by CioAngels(f): 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
What kind of nonsense is that? Governor's perfume, is he feeding you people? Women, make una go naked and swear for them all, wicked leaders Lagos there they come. Mr ejekwu the liar, are you not a council worker? After mobilizing your tugs to steal money for you, you denying it, thives. The women wants market chairman, very soon you will be levied to buy a car for the market chaiman. You had better fight your issue yourselves. Better still, choose representatives amongst yourselves.
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by PrinceEvolution(m): 12:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
nnna hapu unu meri gi fa??
iamodenigbo1:
hapu ndi Ara
Re: Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest by mikolo80: 6:23am On Feb 27, 2016
demarc001:

Mumu, shey u no read say the extortion is not from the governor's office?
ehn ehn dem go write am for there say na from gwamna office

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Lawmakers Whose Seats Were Declared Vacant Lack Sound Legal Advice–falana / Gumi: I Feel Pity For The Next President, We Could Face A Greater Insurgency / CCT Chairman ‘rules In Favour’ Of Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.