Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You (95506 Views)

Black People Have Super Powers #UNDERGROUNDRISEUP / Ooni Cannot Marry The Single Mother, Emmanuella, It’s A Taboo – Palace Source / Inheritance In Ishan Land First Son Takes All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by erunz(m): 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Ohhh. we re even frm same state!

*singing in koredo bello voice* I DON SEE MY WIFE, GODWIN!

Proudly Esan

na for my thread una wan do introduction?

lolzz
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by prettymina(f): 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
Wife ke grin u never see o keep searching esan ke I no sabi una culture all this na writeup cheesy
KINGinVAHALA:

Ohhh. we re even frm same state!

*singing in koredo bello voice* I DON SEE MY WIFE, GODWIN!

Proudly Esan
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Ekakamba: 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
No. 8 sums up everything. Which is? These guidelines were created by men to have unlimited access over women i.e their wives are just like zombie or doormat to 'em. Full control kawai kaman TV da remote control!

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by holluville: 2:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ishan Airways in partnership with Ethiad Airways now flies Ekpoma to Dubai non stop.. book your flight today

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by tickles2luv2016(m): 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
Na wah o dis one na error o esan girls na no go area.

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Malawian(m): 2:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
erunz:

http://www..com/talk/topic,283699.0.html
all these rubbish above is just what it is.
do you even know the way the organiza their family units?
let me tell you.
they are mostly polygamous, each wife has her room where she raises her children. (mind you, just one room)
the man has his own room, which also doubles as his sitting room, with bed, chair and tv all in the same space.
if the chair is not enough, others sit on the bed, i had done that times without number while there.
so, which of the beds is considered the matrimonal bed?
and kpekus dey flow morning, afternoon, night.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by holluville: 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
prettymina:
Proudly edo repping Auchi...I no be esan o grin

Amina... abe e?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by alhabie(m): 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
ChappyChase:
What a taboo!
This things are just to keep the people in check not that it has any effect!
For example why should a man be having sex in the afternoon when he supposed to be in his farm working!
*modified*
Am FTC again and still waiting for my alert!!!!
Felling really jobless today!

What if I(the husband) is on leave??
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
PrinceEvolution:
my people say na dog wey death don crown nor dey hear d sound of a car honking...ignorance nor be excuse wen u see poison for ground call am vegetable come eat am..
lol... Them just de put fear for una babes body abeg...
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Chukazu: 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
na number 8 sure pass.. if the woman spits on her husband, she go bring fowl...

mek she continue dey spit...with enough fowl, na for me to open chicken Republic undecided
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by justicejay(m): 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
introvertious:
The issue of purnishment wen a married woman commits adultery takes effect only if the ritual of dat purnishment was carried out on d woman after their marriage I.e There r things they do to married women after marriage(if ur husband accepts) b4 dat curse can come upon u.

....The husband of a woman who just gave birth must stay away from her sexually for three months as she’s considered unclean because of the after delivery blood she discharges...
Dis is so not true as a colleague of mine who is igbo but married to an esan man went on maternity leave(3mths) and resumed wit 1mth pregnancy though it was only her friends dat knew till d stomach bcame obvious.

Lastly, d 2nd highest number of womanizers in Nigeria are d Esan men..
who has the largest number of womanizer
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by PrinceEvolution(m): 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
bro nor be so am not from there ooo i be confirm yoruba man ooo..but i schooled there so i can attest to dis facts..
TonyeBarcanista:
lol... Them just de put fear for una babes body abeg...
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by oluwaseaun(m): 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
keeturah:
African traditions; always given men freedom to commit adultery.....
Thats true.. What happens if the esan man commits adultery?.. Thank God am a guy sha
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by lawydewy(m): 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
Indirect sharia!

All what they do is prevent adultery/fornication.

Maintain pedigree/integrity/respect.

How are these different from sharia?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Flourish89: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
erunz:
BY BROTHER NO BE SUPERSTITION OOOO, IT STILL HAPPENS. JUST THAT I THINK THE PUNISHMENT HAS BEEN MODERNIZED. AND IF THE WOMAN DOES NOT CONFESS OR GOES FOR CLEANSING SHE STARTS LOSING HER CHILDREN AT THAT POINT THE HUSBAND IS NOT SAFE ANYMORE.

ESAN OYEEEE
obhiaba oyeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
If you feel not absolutely ready to be faithful and submissive to a man, don't marry. Better yet, don't marry an edo man. However, you don't know what love is until you've been loved by an edo man. proudly Esan!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Cutehector(m): 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
Mchew

Jesus Christ is Lord forever and ever..
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by fortunechy(m): 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
trash
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by odepacy: 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:
Looking at the laws, you would think it's only women who exist in the world.A lot of oppression and hatred towards women.

Thank God for feminism and education that has been teaching women that this treatment is wrong and should not be tolerated.

Everyone should be held to the same standards and should be treated equally regardless of their genders!
my dear if you want to know if all this rule are real or not please come and marry real esan man, you are talking of gender equality, those that make you to comment adultry bcuz u wnt equal rite wit ur husband, all this still happened in were I came frm in Edo state the rule this pason laid or gave out hia is just the tip of the iceberg. There mor to dis in my place, you do anyhow you see anyhow, you hardly hear divorce or adultry d chance of it is 3%
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by prettymina(f): 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
Am fine
holluville:

Amina... abe e?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
All this beautiful /handsome faces i do see on this forum...are they real? If yes add me on twitter @jidejamez .... i'll sure follow back
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by PresVA: 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
davide470:

All i see is hfdjofbdjobdovbdo..
Are you from Esan abi na ishan? shocked shocked
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Raphael007(m): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
introvertious:
The issue of purnishment wen a married woman commits adultery takes effect only if the ritual of dat purnishment was carried out on d woman after their marriage I.e There r things they do to married women after marriage(if ur husband accepts) b4 dat curse can come upon u.

....The husband of a woman who just gave birth must stay away from her sexually for three months as she’s considered unclean because of the after delivery blood she discharges...
Dis is so not true as a colleague of mine who is igbo but married to an esan man went on maternity leave(3mths) and resumed wit 1mth pregnancy though it was only her friends dat knew till d stomach bcame obvious.

Lastly, d 2nd highest number of womanizers in Nigeria are d Esan men..

Please go through what the op said, when an esan man marries and esan woman not another tribe I am an Esan man, and I have been married for two years now I have never cheated on my wife cheating is a thing of the mind.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
benedictac:

Bro it's not superstition oh. It's very true. That's why you hardly see an a woman married to an Ishan man or an ishan woman cheat.
Abegi... Na today ni? Only traditionalists will be afraid and not non-traditionalists.

Though I'm not encouraging cheating but I hate caging
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by raayah(f): 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
odepacy:
my dear if you want to know if all this rule are real or not please come and marry real esan man, you are talking of gender equality, those that make you to comment adultry bcuz u wnt equal rite wit ur husband, all this still happened in were I came frm in Edo state the rule this pason laid or gave out hia is just the tip of the iceberg. There mor to dis in my place, you do anyhow you see anyhow, you hardly hear divorce or adultry d chance of it is 3%

Gender equality means that both adult men and women are treated equally regardless of gender.

I have no problem if these rules apply to both MEN and WOMEN.

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by PresVA: 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
Azil:
If you feel not absolutely ready to be faithful and submissive to a man, don't marry. Better yet, don't marry an edo man. However, you don't know what love is until you've been loved by an edo man. proudly Esan!
My dear, wish you can tell same to the men... why are all the rules about women? They're just giving liberty to the men to cheat while having a lot of evil lined up for woman who a man touches as small as her wrapper. ..

A woman can't spit on her husband but her husband can bath her with spit...wetin person no go hear grin grin

You educated Esan women should stand up against those barbaric cultures. You ain't anybody's doormat. ..

If they can't get rid of the rules, then it should be adjusted to suit both men and women. . Faithfulness in marriage is for both genders!

2 Likes

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by introvertious: 2:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
justicejay:

who has the largest number of womanizer

The Ibibios and the Yorubas are at the 1st spot.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Onegai(f): 2:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
Slimzjoe:
3 and 4 Is very Similar to The Anioma People Tradition in Delta State.

But that 4 Bloody....What if the Woman get bad mind and Refuses to Say? Na So Husband and Pikin Go waste like that
cry

Almost all of them are similar to a lot of traditions of Anioma tribes in Delta state.

Hilarious story: no. 9 was used by a friend to be mischievous to his wife. He solemnly bought a bucket home one day and placed it in reverent care in their bathroom... where they have a posh bathtub. He refused to answer and waited till weekend when he saw her soaking some clothes in the bucket (she did it deliberately). He then started "raking" and vexing and saying the gods must be appeased by her letting him control the remote control all weekend grin the tout had lost a bet earlier before and she was going to make him miss all EPL matches as punishment. So he used this to get back at her. Those 2 are agbayas eh....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by FreeBoss: 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
"Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow...," says the Lord.(Isaiah 1:18)
If God can forgive murder cases, the tradition of innocent children dying by adultery committed by their
mother must be looked into and reversed by this generation. I am convinced it is the witches and wizards
in Ishan land in the old days that must have come into that abominable covenant so that they can give
dog a bad name in order to hang it.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
No her marriage is not stable because she snatched him

Well I am Esan and I have never heard of this superstition called taboo, all thanks to Christianity

erunz:

http://www..com/talk/topic,283699.0.html
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Raphael007(m): 3:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
You people that are so particular about the men ,let me simply it affect the men the eyes that sees and refuses to talk goes down as well. You see a married woman with another man in a compromising way and you refuse to talk when you had the chance you will die within seven days without being able to say a word.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Raphael007(m): 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
You people that are so particular about the men ,let me simply it affect the men the eyes that sees and refuses to talk goes down as well. You see a married woman with another man in a compromising way and you refuse to talk when you had the chance you will die within seven days without being able to say a word. Proudly an Esan man Ekpoma to be precise.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. / Ikwerre Names & Their Meanings / Yoruba Incantations. . . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.