Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You (95452 Views)

Black People Have Super Powers #UNDERGROUNDRISEUP / Ooni Cannot Marry The Single Mother, Emmanuella, It’s A Taboo – Palace Source / Inheritance In Ishan Land First Son Takes All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Tkini(f): 9:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

As i earlier said, sorry about that and i wish u success in ur stay in UROMI my beloveth town.
Tnks dear....
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tkini:
Tnks dear....
Cool!
Why no pic?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by bokohalal(m): 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
jeff1607:

inasmuch as I don't usee hateful words on anyone on this forum, I really don't know what to say to you.

but congrats bro, you are the first to say this since I joined dis forum.

if you want your trophy come and get it.

Do you realize that you insulted all Bini women, and by extension, all Bini people because we have mothers and sisters and nieces etc?
Beaf the person you have a problem with. This is an Esan thread inasmuch as the taboos mentioned relate to all Edos and others, completely. Kudos to the OP for bringing an aspect of our tradition to limelight. You ,on the other hand, should not turn it into a d.ick measurement affair .

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Tkini(f): 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
Cool!
Why no pic?
coded things.......
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tkini:
coded things.......
Lol. you hv a fiance or husband u re hidding frm here?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Tkini(f): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Lol. you hv a fiance or husband u re hidding frm here?
lolz........i think i like d privacy it gives......i don't av to be scared if someone recognises me. U can spew rubbish without repercussions.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 10:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tkini:

lolz........i think i like d privacy it gives......i don't av to be scared if someone recognises me. U can spew rubbish without repercussions.
Yeah, you re kinda right. but bcus there isnt a repacaution shudnt mean we shud spill one.

You re new on nairaland? you hv frnds here?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Tkini(f): 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Yeah, you re kinda right. but bcus there isnt a repacaution shudnt mean we shud spill one.

You re new on nairaland? you hv frnds here?
i actually dont spew rubbish...........just sayin............av actually bin around awhile...........very few
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 10:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tkini:

i actually dont spew rubbish...........just sayin............av actually bin around awhile...........very few
Good to know.

Very few? thats ok. you mind adding a special frnd to ur frnd list? but, i really would love to catch a glance at ur pic first.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by 1miccza: 11:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
jeff1607:

am speechless but one thing you should know DARISGOD ooooooooooooooooooo

That was why i was surprised too after reading this thread
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by 1miccza: 11:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
martha89:
Well you are Yoruba which adultery is not a taboo in your land. After your tribal women carry the offence your men till carry them. if an Esan woman does that and the marriage can no longer hold on till she confess her sins.

Can you imagine? Now you are not just wrong but doubly wrong
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by jeff1607(m): 12:18am On Feb 26, 2016
bokohalal:

Do you realize that you insulted all Bini women, and by extension, all Bini people because we have mothers and sisters and nieces etc?
Beaf the person you have a problem with. This is an Esan thread inasmuch as the taboos mentioned relate to all Edos and others, completely. Kudos to the OP for bringing an aspect of our tradition to limelight. You ,on the other hand, should not turn it into a d.ick measurement affair .

I don't know where you are from and if you really know tradition especially between the feud between tje Esan and the binis and since you agree with all of what the OP said in bringing an aspect of tradition into lime light, the binis and the Esan have noticeable patterns attributed to them, that some people to this day still think it's like a curse to them,take for example the ANGER and PRIDE most not all ooo Esan women possess and how they sometimes prefer taking the role of head of the family(most are industrious) I have no beef with any tribe,even among individuals of intellect take for example in uniben,how your tribe takes you higher or places you among the minority.

if u really r from edo state you would always hear this statement,i might not say it well but if residee in edo state you must have heard it "Esan language is Bini that is not correct"

even within the royalty it still happens there,the trabilsm is so bad here that people are discouraged not to marry from any of the tribe I. Bini and Esan, saying such union won't last, but I doubt it because I have seen them work. I just hope I ain't derailing here.if one person says a story, another story is said to explain the very same old story.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 2:05am On Feb 26, 2016
[quote author=1miccza post=43257309]
Can you imagine? Now you are not just wrong but doubly wrong[/quote Why are you scared to tell us?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 2:53am On Feb 26, 2016
1miccza:

Bros i know this people well dem nor dey obey even half sef??
You are not Esan and you don't know what this topic means. If according to your tales by moon light here this so called women are no longer married then that should tell you it was a taboo that is why it end. This topic was not about how Esan women are the most perfect angel but our culture when such things happen. Read before you derail the topic. Esan men won't accept cheating wife'etc.This topic is not meant for you and you are not Esan.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Tkini(f): 7:45am On Feb 26, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Good to know.

Very few? thats ok. you mind adding a special frnd to ur frnd list? but, i really would love to catch a glance at ur pic first.
y not..........just dt am not ready to upload my pics on nairaland now
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 8:52am On Feb 26, 2016
Tkini:

y not..........just dt am not ready to upload my pics on nairaland now
Hmmm, good to knw.

@emboldened, What about we make it happen with an alternative?

Gracious morning mir lady!
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by 1miccza: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2016
[quote author=martha89 post=43258499][/quote]
You did not ask and of course i am not Esan
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2016
1miccza:

You did not ask and of course i am not Esan
OK where are you from? Haters can talk and try to run down a tribe but they hide their tribes from getting the same treatment they dish out to others. Hypocrisy at his best. Yoruba land has no taboo in marriage and the same apply to most tribes i know.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by 1miccza: 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
martha89:
OK where are you from? Haters can talk and try to run down a tribe but they hide their tribes from getting the same treatment they dish out to others. Hypocrisy at his best. Yoruba land has no taboo in marriage and the same apply to most tribes i know.

You sure are spoiling for a showdown but sorry to burst your bubble,i ain't giving you any. Peace...
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
1miccza:

You sure are spoiling for a showdown but sorry to burst your bubble,i ain't giving you any. Peace...
Bye and next time mind your business! You are not proud to tell us your perfect tribe.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 10:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
UnknownT:
ok...... i hear say dem get "aeroplanes"pass their Bini neighbors
You must be one to know this.Don't worry the ones in your village pass them.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 10:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ekehwinz:
Have heard and seen many things bout esan people. I fear who no fear them.
Yes na next time don't bring your stupid self to any topic about us. cool
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 10:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
prettymina:
Proudly edo repping Auchi...I no be esan o grin
We thank God we are not Etsakor wa Mo people.

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
jtjohn:
It does not work again.......that's why u see most Esan women flirting and very very troublesome..........
Same as your women!
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 10:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
kuuljay:
I have an esan babe wey I dey call knack for hot afternoon if am bored in the office,am I in trouble
Some Igbo s don't always think before they talk so i am not surprise at your statement.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
holluville:
Ishan Airways in partnership with Ethiad Airways now flies Ekpoma to Dubai non stop.. book your flight today
lol the ones in your village fly to Malaysia right?.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by 1miccza: 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
martha89:
Bye and next time mind your business! You are not proud to tell us your perfect tribe.

Who be dis one abeg?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
1miccza:

Who be dis one abeg?
Martha89 a proud Esan! cool
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Ekehwinz: 6:34am On Feb 27, 2016
martha89:
Yes na next time don't bring your stupid self to any topic about us. cool

Okay
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by jeff1607(m): 9:10am On Feb 27, 2016
1miccza:

Who be dis one abeg?
bro,just state the name of your tribe, just curious tho
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
nefertitiram:
These taboos only relate to you when you marry an Ishan man!

As an Ishan woman when you marry another tribe, you are free from this bondage! angry angry angry angry

Yes, the taboos are real. I heard em all from my Ishan parents when growing up, and as a matter of fact, my cousins died one after the other because their mum committed adultery. My uncle is still alive because he chased her away, but the children continued visiting their mother and died strange deaths.

I knew I was never gonna marry ishan man sha! Their wahala sef too plenty. Arrogant bunch! They believe that a woman was created to serve them. angry

And also, I thought Esan men were stereotyped as humble and self-effacing.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by macuwon(m): 4:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
Well I heard about it, but it didn't stop me from enjoying their girls in the afternoon. During my youth service year, I did it just about 600 times wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. / Ikwerre Names & Their Meanings / Yoruba Incantations. . . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.