Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador (27899 Views)

"We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Alake Is A Junior King In Yorubaland – Awujale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by sambisamana: 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
The Cuban Ambassador to Nigeria, Carlos Sosa, has said that the Ooni of Ife is the spiritual father of most Cubans all over the world.

Mr. Sosa spoke Tuesday while hosting Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife, at the embassy of the Republic of Cuba in Abuja.

“‎Ooni is the Spiritual father of most of us Cubans all over the world because 90 percent of Cubans are black Africans and a very large portion of us originated from Yorubaland which is spiritually headed by Ooni of Ife,” said Mr. Sosa.

Mr. Sosa said the Cubans originated from Ile-Ife, a town they call their ancestral home and which they cannot wish away.

The High Commissioner spoke of the tourism potentials of Nigeria, particularly in Ile Ife, describing the ancient town as home to numerous tourist attractions, which he said if developed to international standards, would help Nigeria economically.

‎The coordinator of the event and Chief Executive Officer of La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Lagos, Wale Akinboboye, called on Nigerian investors to join hands with the federal government in developing tourism potentials as a way of attracting more foreigners to the country.

Sally Mbanefo,‎ the Director General of the Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation, said the Nigerian government would give credence to tourism business in the country, adding that tourism was Nigeria’s untapped goldmine.

“The first thing is to diversify the economy, then the Public Private Participation be encouraged; we need to fight for domestic tourism, we have the population as our greatest strength,” Mrs. Mbanefo said.

“If 20 million out of 170 million Nigerians travel to explore tourism activities, will that not translate to huge revenue generation because you can’t stop Nigerians from traveling.”

“What about private organization such as telecomm companies, they make so much money but are they giving back to the society? Government cannot do it alone, they need to come in.

“Though some of these states are ready like Lagos, Ogun, Nassarawa, Abia, even Kaduna state are all ready to go. Collaboration is all we need; collaboration with other government agencies success.”

: http://www.sambisanews.com/most-cubans-originated-from-yorubaland-ambassador#sthash.U6HyBc3G.dpuf

4 Likes

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by elkonS: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
well Its not directly ....I guess it was due to d cross Atlantic slave trade.... d same wit d existence of Yoruba culture in parts of brazil

8 Likes

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by tafabaloo(m): 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
Kk now
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by cybertyrant(m): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
elkonS:
well Its not directly ....I guess it was due to d cross Atlantic slave trade.... d same wit d existence of Yoruba culture in parts of brazil
i hope this makes waste side happy,and nt jealous when,we speak of ours,and yes,jamaica are at least 80% descendents of igbos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by elkonS: 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
cybertyrant:
i hope this makes waste side happy,and nt jealous when,we speak of ours,and yes,jamaica are at least 80% descendents of igbos
bruh ....I'm from dat "waste side"....i was stating d obvious ...there is no need for tribal bigotry in ds na...
haba..... u see y d black man is where he is today....
for or info no tribe is superior to d other.. and it shows ur inferiority complex to keep comparing....thanks

156 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by tpiah2: 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
The ambassador should not be causing fight between the Alaafin and the Ooni.

Just my two cents.
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by cybertyrant(m): 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
elkonS:

bruh ....I'm from dat "waste side"....i was stating d obvious ...there is no need for tribal bigotry in ds na...
haba..... u see y d black man is where he is today....
for or info no tribe is superior to d other.. and it shows ur inferiority complex to keep comparing....thanks
****cubans no dey smile,bravery is something i love about them,u might want to read usa/cuba war,nt cowards(majority of ur people)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by elkonS: 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
cybertyrant:
i knew u were 4rm d waste side,thats why,u are a gentle fellow nt a bigot,i was expecting a crude reply,but no offense,stick to ur people,the big difference is that,cubans got some guts,i dnt knw were they got it but certainly not 4rm ur people,bcoz ur people to us got no guts,kwara is example,cubans no dey smile,bravery is something i love about them,u might want to read usa/cuba war,nt cowards(majority of ur people)
Lol....u really av me laffing here.... NY ways I'll take dat as a compliment on behalf of "my pple"...
yeeahh I wld read bout d war.... I read it some tym ago but can't really remember much of d details now buh I'll check it up.... I kinda love history alot
since we are talking abt our pple now ....I guess u re Igbo ryt

7 Likes

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Tunami(m): 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
cybertyrant:
ipob man what do you gain from tribalism and ethnicity?

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Tunami(m): 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
cybertyrant:
ipob man, what do you gain from ethnicity and tribalism?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Tunami(m): 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
to some of my yoruba brothers who always argue that the alaafin is the most respected traditional ruler in yorubaland have you guys learn from this statement from the cuban ambassador?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by cybertyrant(m): 8:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
elkonS:

Lol....u really av me laffing here.... NY ways I'll take dat as a compliment on behalf of "my pple"...
yeeahh I wld read bout d war.... I read it some tym ago but can't really remember much of d details now buh I'll check it up.... I kinda love history alot
since we are talking abt our pple now ....I guess u re Igbo ryt
a definitely a typical one,dnt mind the insult,it just here on nairaland your people attack us like hell but i like cool guys like you,unlike ur majority quoting me above

2 Likes

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by babyfaceafrica: 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
Nice one
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by HugoChavezJr(m): 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
I've always connected Cubans with Yorubas.

8 Likes

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by elkonS: 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
cybertyrant:
a definitely a typical one,dnt mind the insult,it just here on nairaland your people attack us like hell but i like cool guys like you,unlike ur majority quoting me above
kikiki....dey are really calling for ur head oo...lolzz..
oya na u sef fire back.... *winks *..make me dey watch d drama
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by cybertyrant(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
Harfter1one:
[s][/s]

Typical loudmouthed Yibhoe from the sad beast, you are brave yet ojuku of cursed memory ran away to Abidjan after wasting 3million flattties. You are not brave but just noisemakers. Gerrahere
*yawns* u don talk finish?

2 Likes

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by cybertyrant(m): 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
elkonS:
kikiki....dey are really calling for ur head oo...lolzz.. oya na u sef fire back.... *winks *..make me dey watch d drama
lolzzz,
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Tunami(m): 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
cybertyrant:
ur people are the founders,so we learn and follow of the both,i wasnt like that untill i came to nairaland,it just changed me entirely to the outside,that i even despise ur people and co in d outside
point of correction ''some of your people, not ur people''. Please modify ur quote.
Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Harfter1one: 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tunami:
point of correction ''some of your people, not ur people''. Please modify ur quote.

Bro, no dey allow those hateful being bully you. Its there own way to throw insult around for any little thing, they have no shame at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Tunami(m): 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
Harfter1one:

Bro, no dey allow those hateful being bully you. Its there own way to throw insult around for any little thing, they have no shame at all.
lafs, we are one nigeria no matter what, the earlier we learn how to tolerate ourselves the better for us.

2 Likes

Re: Most Cubans Originated From Yorubaland – Ambassador by Harfter1one: 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tunami:
lafs, we are one nigeria no matter what, the earlier we learn how to tolerate ourselves the better for us.

Ok

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghanaian Stunt Man Rises After An Epic Shameful Fall / African American Tourists Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) / Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.