Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 (51922 Views)

Shehu Shagari Having Meeting With Buhari In 1983 Before He Was Overthrown / Buhari A Terrorist Who Committed Treasonable Felony In 1983 - Kanu, Co-Defendant / 19-Year-Old Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
The sad thing is.

Today, Ghana is Economically stable than Nigeria, and what did they do to Nigerians trooping every 10 Minutes in their Country? they showed us love.

We should emulate how Ghana shows everybody love into our lives.

Its funny how nigerians always think their counties economy is the worst
As someone who has stayed in ghana, i can tell you that place is shit, despite being just 23mill in population compared to nigeria
About 5years ago, 100naira = 1cedis, sometimes 105 = 1cedis, 3years ago its like 60naira = 1cedis, and keeps droping.

But trust typical Nigerians, they just can't wait to advertises how shiitty their ecomomy is.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by eyesofgod: 8:09am On Feb 25, 2016
SirJeffry:
But I can't see any "Ghana-must-go" bag so where did the name emanate from?

Chai, but Pa Bubu wicked oo.

Abeg, who don be adult in '83 mek he gist us well on this?

The Ghanaians were in Nigeria illegaly hence their deportation. As citizens of a Commonwealth country they didn't need visa but majority had no Ghanaian passport.They emigrated here in droves because of hard times induced by corrupt civilian rule in their country.
They provided useful services, though, and we're, generally, law abiding. However, their population was overwhelming. At that time Nigeria had fallen into economic recession so the authority decided not to play the big brother role.
It will be wrong to place Nigeria in the bad book of history solely by this issue. Though it was a regrettable act but was unavoidable.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by iamord(m): 8:16am On Feb 25, 2016
ifyalways:
Hahahaha.
Asem o
lol
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by iamord(m): 8:18am On Feb 25, 2016
tpiar:
Evidence the pictures are what the op is saying they are?

And where are the photos of the Nigerians deported from Ghana back in the day.
Those are accurate pictures
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by iamord(m): 8:19am On Feb 25, 2016
ednut1:
payback for deporting over 1m Nigerians from ghana in 1967or 1969 including my parents grin. Busia was no diff to buhari
busia had good intentions but wrong policies. Big mistake understanding caused the huge disparity between the two nations. Which was not mean to be.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by iamord(m): 8:23am On Feb 25, 2016
eyesofgod:

The Ghanaians were in Nigeria illegaly hence their deportation. As citizens of a Commonwealth country they didn't need visa but majority had no Ghanaian passport.They emigrated here in droves because of hard times induced by corrupt civilian rule in their country.
They provided useful services, though, and we're, generally, law abiding. However, their population was overwhelming. At that time Nigeria had fallen into economic recession so the authority decided not to play the big brother role.
It will be wrong to place Nigeria in the bad book of history solely by this issue. Though it was a regrettable act but was unavoidable.
U said the plain truth. But tull today the issue was not handled maturely
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by eyesofgod: 8:31am On Feb 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
The sad thing is.

Today, Ghana is Economically stable than Nigeria, and what did they do to Nigerians trooping every 10 Minutes in their Country? they showed us love.

To the best of my knowledge. Ghanaians were well treated by Nigerians wlhile their stay lasted. The disposition of Rawlings as HOS in Ghana helped in this regard.

The common man had no beef with them. It is the ineffectual Shagari's regime that used them as scape goats.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by eyesofgod: 8:39am On Feb 25, 2016
iamord:
U said the plain truth. But tull today the issue was not handled maturely

The problem is with the various governments. Otherwise the common man has moved on.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by amsad19(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2016
SirJeffry:

My brother when did shehu shagari become bubu?

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by OXYGEN01: 9:12am On Feb 25, 2016
See mumu.If you claim your country is better why are you then living in Ghana?UNGRATEFUL BEING.
And mind you, though the population of Ghana is estimated around 27million(i dnt believe in that though) Ghanaians dont produce 2 billion barrels of oil on daily basis unlike nigeria.
Even with that Ghana is far ahead of nigeria in everything positive.Infact you cant compare present day nigeria.nigeria is worse than poo
Dudeweedlmao:

Its funny how nigerians always think their counties economy is the worst
As someone who has stayed in ghana, i can tell you that place is shit, despite being just 23mill in population compared to nigeria
About 5years ago, 100naira = 1cedis, sometimes 105 = 1cedis, 3years ago its like 60naira = 1cedis, and keeps droping.

But trust typical Nigerians, they just can't wait to advertises how shiitty their ecomomy is.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 25, 2016
OXYGEN01:
See mumu.If you claim your country is better why are you then living in Ghana then?UNGRATEFUL BEING.
And mind you, though the population of Ghana is estimated around 27million(i dnt believe in that though) Ghanaians dont produce 2 billion barrels of oil on daily basis unlike nigeria.
Even with that Ghana is far ahead of nigeria in everything positive.Infact you cant compare present day nigeria.nigeria is worse than poo

Lol, Ghanaians are such angry fellows, if ghana was really ahead i see no reason why you should be bitter over an online comment
You can fit the whole of Ghana inside lagos, so when u say ghana is ahead, you're probably just comparing it with one state in nigeria not the entire country, also if you're wondering why i went to ghana it was because i had something i needed to cross off my bucket list! Left after that. You're girls have great a55 by the way. wink cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by OXYGEN01: 9:49am On Feb 25, 2016
The smallest region in Ghana is even about 68 times bigger than lagos.(GO AND CHECK)
And as usual the only place they know is lagos...hahaha meanwhile lagos is the smallest out of the 36 states in that "country" .Or probably the rest looks like zoos?
Dudeweedlmao:

Lol, Ghanaians are such angry fellows, if ghana was really ahead i see no reason why you should be bitter over an online comment
You can fit the whole of Ghana inside lagos, so when u say ghana is ahead, you're probably just comparing it with one state in nigeria not the entire country, also if you're wondering why i went to ghana it was because i had something i needed to cross off my bucket list! Left after that. You're girls have great a55 by the way. wink cheesy
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by titi4fola(f): 9:59am On Feb 25, 2016
SirJeffry:

I
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 25, 2016
OXYGEN01:

The smallest region in Ghana is even about 68 times bigger than lagos.(GO AND CHECK)
And as usual the only place they know is lagos...hahaha meanwhile lagos is the smallest out of the 36 states in that "country" .Or probably the rest looks like zoos?
Okay. To be honest when i went to GH, i met some of the most friendliest people i never thought existed but you're kinda different and hostile why is that? Anyways forgive my previous comment i was just trying to rattle your jimmes. angry
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by Amberon: 10:25am On Feb 25, 2016
Get over yourself. The Ghanians deported from Nigeria were more like refugees who came to Nigeria to seek greener pastures. They had absolutely nothing and were parasites, doing menial jobs all over the place.

Meanwhile the Nigerians in Ghana are big boys who go there to spend money, not to do menial jobs.You should be happy Nigerians are investing in Ghana and attending your universities. How many Ghanaians can afford tuition in American University of Nigeria? Pls, Get over yourself.
OXYGEN01:
And in 2016 there are over 5 million nigerians in Ghana while they keep on trooping-in like refugees..hahaha
This clearly shows that Ghana is progressing while nigeria is retrogressing.
GOD BLESS GHANA.THE BEST COUNTRY IN WEST AFRICA

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by Amberon: 10:32am On Feb 25, 2016
It is treasonable to even place Nigeria in the sentence with Ghana.

Even their actors need Nollywood to survive. That's why Majid denied being a Ghanian actor the last time.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by dguizman(m): 10:45am On Feb 25, 2016
#ghanamustgo
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by ishiamu(m): 10:45am On Feb 25, 2016
benedictnsi:
Ghana must come back ooooo......
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by Burger01(m): 10:45am On Feb 25, 2016
Ghana is better now. smiley
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by sukkot: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2016
charlie but why
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by theshaderoom: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2016
Oladimejyyy:
Are you now telling us that their is no love in Nigeria

This person am quoting is in denial! The daily tribalistic fight between the Igbos and yorubas on this nairaland alone has not clued you in? ....

later u people will say Buhari is clueless
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by Inception(m): 10:53am On Feb 25, 2016
SirJeffry:

In Feb 1983, Shehu Shagari was head of state.

Indomie Generation. I wonder what happened to history taught in schools today.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by repogirl(f): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2016
They look so excited to be leaving sef.....
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by magoo10(m): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2016
they should be grateful to Nigeria for
helping them find solution to their problem,if they hadnt been sent back probably their country would be less developed
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by Truckpusher(m): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
The sad thing is.

Today, Ghana is Economically stable than Nigeria, and what did they do to Nigerians trooping every 10 Minutes into their Country? they showed us love.

It was your Messiah Buhari that embarked on that shameless journey of deporting fellow Africans from Nigeria ,blaming them for his economic woes after he failed with his draconian policies which seems to have reared it's ugly head once again and unfortunately people like you were chanting sai baba .
Well, I've always known that one can't give what they don't have in them.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by miqos02(m): 10:56am On Feb 25, 2016
pyyxxaro:
Shuuooo

Nor be Yvonne Nelson,Asamoah Gyan and Sammie Kuffour I de see for the ship soo

Unaa bye bye oooo tongue
u saw them 1983?
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by wazobiaN9(m): 10:57am On Feb 25, 2016
OXYGEN01:
And in 2016 there are over 5 million nigerians in Ghana while they keep on trooping-in like refugees..hahaha
This clearly shows that Ghana is progressing while nigeria is retrogressing.
GOD BLESS GHANA.THE BEST COUNTRY IN WEST AFRICA

The schmuck of an author made you creep out of your dirty lil hole like a bush rat.

If the Nigerian element is yanked out of your small minded country, your economy will flounder. How did a country with a small head develop such a big mouth??!

Realities on ground are what you will hate to express. The author is either Ghanaian or very ignorant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by juman(m): 10:59am On Feb 25, 2016
Instead of nigeria moving forward, it moves backward.

It seems one nigeria can never be a good country.

Everytime, bad "leaders".
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 25, 2016
Oladimejyyy:
Are you now telling us that their is no love in Nigeria
There is love but there is no liver.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by Chukazu: 11:00am On Feb 25, 2016
OXYGEN01:
See mumu.If you claim your country is better why are you then living in Ghana?UNGRATEFUL BEING.

did you say" 2billion barrels?"

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 by SKINNYTIGER(m): 11:00am On Feb 25, 2016
Stelvin101:

RIP to English Language. How were you able to register Nairaland cheesy

now you've done a more murderous error for correcting a mistake when you are making one too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Who Praised Buhari In A Salon In Benin Gets A Hug / How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) / Osinbajo Gets New Chopper From Caverton Helicopters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.