Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Dealing With The Religious - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With The Religious (615 Views)

The Religious Mind? / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With The Religious by huxley2(m): 11:12am On Jul 12, 2009
Watch it here .
Re: Dealing With The Religious by PastorAIO: 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2009
I remember watching this. It aired right in the hey day of the George Bush era.

President George Bush and his 2 terms in office probably did more to advance the cause of atheism than anything else. The power of the religious right lobbyists really scared almost everyone except the right wing christians themselves. That was the time that loads of emails were going around with titles like 'how do I best sell my children in to slavery' etc. By the time script writers for tv programs ( who in america are mostly jews by the way. Jews dominate the media) starting writing scenes like that for public consumption you knew that there was an undercurrent of a backlash bubbling up against fundamentalist christianity.

The Taoist have a saying that if you want something to expand then let it contract to its furthest extreme and then it will naturally reverse the process. And if you want something to contract then expand it to it's limit. In dubya's era fundamentalism expanded to it's limit and the backlash is now occurring. Fundamentalism is now preparing to stage a comeback with Sarah Palin's 2012 campaign. I reckon it'll be make or break for christianity as a political power in the US.
Re: Dealing With The Religious by mantraa: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2009
What movie was this clip taken from? It looks very interesting, and i would like to see the rest of it.
Re: Dealing With The Religious by PastorAIO: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2009
It's a tv series. I think it's the first episode of the first series of WestWing.
Re: Dealing With The Religious by mantraa: 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2009
ok. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Police Officers to Get Religious Holidays For Witchcraft / Walk In Wisdom / How Well Do U Listen To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.