Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? (47953 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by seunoni34(m): 7:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
Femsyn:
OP, I have no problem with you getting married with that income, infact, for a city like Abeokuta, 100k is too much. But you must consider, your would-be wife's preferences, just like everyone has said.

However, I have a problem with the silly justification some peeps are giving to get married with a low income. Yes! You will survive with 50k, even Lagos, but my question is, what quality of life do u wish for yourself and family? Struggle, struggle and die? Or steal, lie and cut corners, due to your low income, so you could meet up??

One thing I've realised with low income earners with huge responsibilities like marriage + kids is that, they often augment with side illegal source of funds. All you hear is, "I was making 20k, 50k, 6k when I got married".

Yes! You finally made it!, but how? I need to know, if you're sincere enough.

The average Nigerian, especially in Lagos, is often constantly looking for ways to rip the other person off. Yet all you hear is, I earn 20k and I have kids and I survive. How??
God bless you with more wisdom and intelligence bro. You nailed it!

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Oluwademilade: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
I'm more interested in learning this internet business that pays u N50000 monthly

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by babyfaceafrica: 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
EastanPower:

Not necessarily, you guys should stop making it a condition that a man should marry a girl that has a job. I am not saying that it is wrong for girls to work, infact, I encourage them to do so but I don't see why I cannot marry a good girl I love just because she has no job.
because some ladies are leeches,even the good ones!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by kunlejazz(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
Acidosis:
N100,000 monthly in Abeokuta is a good start.

A very good start, trust me.
I believe over 50% of the families in that state live on much less than that.

But be sure your wife isn't a 'happening girl' oo!
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by kunlejazz(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
glossy6:

Says who?

Of course you can go ahead!

I married my hubby when he was living in a room & parlour self con. Three other relatives joined us in that small apartment. More so, I resigned from my job in order to marry him since we both work in d same place.

Fast forward to 2016 ...blessed with 5 kids, built a block of 6 flats in Lagos and moving on.

Don't limit yourself, please make a move. Jah bless

I love this story my dear sister. More blessings!

However, I'd like to ask HOW

Like one of the posters here, Femsyn said, most people with similar stories in Nigeria, and Lagos particularly have done a lot more than they're telling us, in order to get where they are - often, not-so-good things.

So, would you be kind as to hint us a little on how? You don't have to give the full gist. We might just learn from you.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by CioAngels(f): 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
You can, but let the lady know your financial status so the two of you will manage the balance after your 50k savings. From courtship let her know she is not to indulge herself into asoebi buying becos you will leave importants things that needs attention for asoebi. Like the child needs books or pencil but becos she has to save for asoebi the child will go to school without books. They say a bird in hand is worth ten in the bush so don't leave your job for an assumed better paying job you are not sure of yet. Job hunting this days is on-net so why go off the one you are sure of.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by flightz(f): 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
rolams:
Yes u can. Bro, when u marry, ur creator will always provide for u what both of you will eat. When you multiply, the blessing continues like that. Remember our parent usually tell us they don't have money when it comes to some responsibility, when discussing with friends or relatives even they use to tell us there is no money but we eat at home and able to me up some responsibilities. But there is a miracle I av noticed, when the children departs and rent their apartments, our parents complaints still remains no money. This shows that God provides for the family based on d number of people in dat family. Go bro, God is with you. You will never regret. My own income was not up to that when I got married.
never knew dumb people still exist. And to think you are a man? What is wrong with Africans?

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by rolams(m): 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
flightz:
never knew dumb people still exist. And to think you are a man? What is wrong with Africans?

Ask Google! U want to achieve all ur dreams b4 u marry right! Go ahead slowpoke!
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Hhansome(m): 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Am Kelvin, am based in Abeokuta, Ogun state where I work with a Firm that pays me N50,000 monthly after tax and pension. I try as much as possible to engage in other online businesses that do not affect my office work and i make close to N50,000 monthly as well.

Helo bro, we need 2 talk.... How do we contact?
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Niiade(m): 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Am Kelvin, am based in Abeokuta, Ogun state where I work with a Firm that pays me N50,000 monthly after tax and pension. I try as much as possible to engage in other online businesses that do not affect my office work and i make close to N50,000 monthly as well. Though this varies.

I notice that most times, I am only able to save 40-50K monthly despite being in a low cost City like Abeokuta. But at least i save often.

Am close to 30 and contemplating marriage and I dont know if my income will be enough to sustain myself, wife and maybe kids as they come in. Or it will be advisable to leave the job and seek a better/high paying job

I will like to get your candid opinions

Thank You

I am sure you can but first be sure you wanna marry her firstly.

Ensure she has something doing or a job and help her explore opportunities for growth, invest in her.

Have a low budget wedding, even if you get funds to make it bigger use that fund to get land in abeokuta or somewhere close.

Start a budget of your expenses and look for way to cut wants and work on needs mostly. Pay yourself first.

Ensure you look inwards to see what more you can do.

Start your building as soon as you can, improve on your relationship with people who have value around you.

Invest more in books and yourself.

Keep your head out for opportunities and take small chances and gambles

Never stop saving money.

Don't forget to keep working on yourself and your wife.

don't get your kids the over priced items cus they are rated best give them what they need and show them you love them.

Loads more but think
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Daddi: 10:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Am Kelvin, am based in Abeokuta, Ogun state where I work with a Firm that pays me N50,000 monthly after tax and pension. I try as much as possible to engage in other online businesses that do not affect my office work and i make close to N50,000 monthly as well. Though this varies.

I notice that most times, I am only able to save 40-50K monthly despite being in a low cost City like Abeokuta. But at least i save often.

Am close to 30 and contemplating marriage and I dont know if my income will be enough to sustain myself, wife and maybe kids as they come in. Or it will be advisable to leave the job and seek a better/high paying job

Thank You
bros you're lucky to be making some dough online. I've tried on many occasions to supplement my income, yet nothing is working. These eBook guys don chop me for sometimes. How do you do it, how do I make a breakthrough in this? Thanks in anticipation
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by rhymesnoni(m): 11:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
If no be forming y person go say em no fit live wit 50k wit em wife
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
missyadorable:

Yes,because the set of men we have now are very different from you did years ago..now,after starting from the scratch and staying with a struggling man,the minute he "makes" it,he knows he has arrived and dumps the woman who stood by him when he had nothing for a new "catch"..
that's not fact, it's a mere fallacious statement.... What's the exact figure? Sometimes we don't need to generalize.. It doesn't work that way ma.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by freshareaboi(m): 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
Dis mr. Kevin @winkmart seff ehn!!...pple Dey ask am aw e take dey make 50k online , e just bone..I hope its legal oh?! if yes, share wit ur brodas na,, abi u sef dey fllw ifeanyi ubah statement: business is secret[b]Dis mr. Kevin @winkmart seff ehn!!...pple Dey ask am aw e take dey make 50k online , e just bone..I hope its legal oh?! if yes, share wit ur brodas na,, abi u sef dey fllw ifeanyi ubah statement: business is secret[/b]Dis mr. Kevin @winkmart seff ehn!!...pple Dey ask am aw e take dey make 50k online , e just bone..I hope its legal oh?! if yes, share wit ur brodas na,, abi u sef dey fllw ifeanyi ubah statement: business is secret
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by sunch(m): 12:17am On Feb 26, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Thank You
What online biz do you do? Am interested.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by gary400(m): 12:31am On Feb 26, 2016
Ogbeni...taxi man wey dey run panseke to mapoly wey dey deliver to Oga every week...u earn pass am...e get wife..get kids...em pikin dey go king kiddies...e no get online job o...alubrika loju...if u marry...Road go open...anoda pure water bus driver in onikolobo, hiz salary is less than 50k...no online job...he got married and he pays rent...and am sure u don't pay house rent..
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by gary400(m): 12:33am On Feb 26, 2016
Ogbeni...taxi man wey dey run panseke to mapoly wey dey deliver to Oga every week...u earn pass am...e get wife..get kids...em pikin dey go king kiddies...e no get online job o...alubrika loju...if u marry...Road go open...anoda pure water bus driver in onikolobo, hiz salary is less than 50k...no online job...he got married and he pays rent...and am sure u don't pay house rent..
rhymesnoni:
If no be forming y person go say em no fit live wit 50k wit em wife
I tire o
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by skywalker240(m): 1:00am On Feb 26, 2016
sure u can
Happy married life in advance.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by jaelz(m): 2:01am On Feb 26, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Thank You

Please could you introduce me to the Online business your doing
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by misgab: 2:14am On Feb 26, 2016
guys use your brain do y really need advice on dt, maybe u wl need advice if n wen to sleep wt ur wife as well shame.wen in abeokuta level 4 officers are gettin marid n havin babies.psheeew
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by hammak1993(m): 3:15am On Feb 26, 2016
brother, could u please share the online business with?
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by macminista(m): 5:38am On Feb 26, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Thank You
bro listen, I understand your worries but know that marriage ain't about money(I know a lot of ppl won't agree with me) as long as u got a decent job and a roof over head and u found the woman of your dreams; that "understands life" then then go ahead.keep working smart ..God bless your hussle
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by INFOTECH2: 6:13am On Feb 26, 2016
What are the things you do online that gets you extra income?

winkmart:
Hello,

Thank You
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by SIRKAY98(m): 6:53am On Feb 26, 2016
ChappyChase:
Yes you can!

Yes you can because your marriage is going to catapult you into your awaiting greatness plus your blessed children
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by flightz(f): 6:56am On Feb 26, 2016
rolams:

Ask Google! U want to achieve all ur dreams b4 u marry right! Go ahead slowpoke!
and again, he couldn't read to understand. Isn't it evident enough he's dumb? Mr Marriage brings blessings..
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by flightz(f): 7:06am On Feb 26, 2016
rolams:

It surprised me when I read ur comment here, when will he marry. To me it is better for him to get married now Dan to funicate. If he didn't marry at dis age, when will he married. Remember, if he marries now, it is possible for him to eat d fruit of his labour and he will be able to sponsor his children because he has d power. As his age increases, d year of service also decreases.
now I know education is priceless. Brother, please get one. Please. Start by learning how to make good use of the English Language, the right tenses, right collacations and right lexis. After that, move on to emancipate yourself from mental slavery. No offense
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Hemzhy(m): 7:40am On Feb 26, 2016
undecided, We Like Decievin Ourselves. I Dont Think Thrz Any Ogun Resident Who Can't Marry 2-3 Wives Wif Dat
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by glossy6(f): 8:04am On Feb 26, 2016
kunlejazz:

I love this story my dear sister. More blessings!

However, I'd like to ask HOW

Like one of the posters here, Femsyn said, most people with similar stories in Nigeria, and Lagos particularly have done a lot more than they're telling us, in order to get where they are - often, not-so-good things.

So, would you be kind as to hint us a little on how? You don't have to give the full gist. We might just learn from you.

I wrote my ICAN finals about 10 days to my wedding and qualified at a sitting. I took up even little jobs that my friends rejected while concealing my pregnancy . I got another job after birthing and my story changed when the low paying company changed their salary structure to meet with the parent company as a multi national. Our story changed. I resigned after 8 years and took up another job. We added money to my entitlements built the front of our compound (we had a small 3 bedroom flat where we built and moved in from our self con).

We are both ICAN fellows now with reasonable jobs. My hubby doesn't drink nor womanize neither are we extravagant in our spending. Though we had a lot of dependents but we are determined to keep our heads above water. We are very frugal human beings that our kids alarm us with their pattern of frugality.

We've changed jobs and the jobs I've gotten so far were advertised in the dailies. No human connections but GOD & HE alone bears me witness.

How we built our house. .........
We were staying at Okoko and I had to drive dailty to work in a multi national situated in Oregun. My hubby was working in Agbara & I was the one suffering the traffic wahala. We decided to rent a house in Egbeda which appears to be a mid point for both of us. But then our landlord hinted my hubby of a land at Ketu ijanikin which was a little higher than the Egbeda rent. He sought my consent and I gave my consent knowing full well that I have to sacrifice my comfort for the family again.

It's been a life of sacrifices and God's faithfulness and blessings.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by glossy6(f): 9:02am On Feb 26, 2016
nbright:
I had no option but to like your reply, unfortunately ma, what you did was then, these sets of girls we have now are just different from what you did years ago.

I don't think so my dear. Once there is love, every other thing is conquerable ..if there is any word like that.

Girls do better things than that, even now
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by nbright: 9:29am On Feb 26, 2016
glossy6:

I don't think so my dear. Once there is love, every other thing is conquerable ..if there is any word like that.

Girls do better things than that, even now
It seems you've been gone for a while, Nigerian girls equate money to love. No money no love, na love them go chop? Just check around you, even the celebrities that are married the girls still go after them because of cash, gone ate the days when girls love unconditionally, nowadays, they love with conditions.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by pearls1894(m): 9:35am On Feb 26, 2016
Bros you no serious and he be like say you won con just show for here,,, come on' wit your salary + your online work(yahoo yahoo ..lol..) where yu still mak about 50gees + & yu come dey here dey lament. abeg start your life and by the time your kid start dey grow, bro levus go dow go up and yu ma self no fit dey stagnant now. if me i get ya opportunity, mtchew...walahi...ee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Family Members Of Asoma Banda Clash Over His Wealth In Hospital / Lady's Lovely Pregnancy Announcement Goes Viral / Mothers, How Many Of You Still Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.