Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike (40725 Views)

Army Did Not Declare IPOB Terrorist Organisation- Buratai / Wike, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amina In Ogoni For The Launch Of Clean-up / I Authorised Military Operation In Ogoni - WIKE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by kcmichael: 1:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that all those involved in the killing of innocent Ogoni people and residents of Ogoniland will be brought to justice , saying that nobody will be allowed to play politics with the lives of Rivers People.
The governor declared that the military must subject itself to civil authority, pointing out that as Chief Security Officer of Rivers State, he was not informed of the operation that led to loss of innocent lives of Ogoni people and residents of the area.
He accused some politicians of deliberately instigating crisis in the state to create room for the evil declaration of state of emergency plotted by enemies of Rivers People.
Governor Wike spoke on Thursday when led the Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Mr Musa Kimo and top police officers on a fact finding mission to Yeghe community in Gokana Local Government Area, affected communities in Bori and Mortuaries where those killed by soldiers were deposited.
He said: "The Rivers State Government will take up this unfortunate incident with the appropriate authorities. The military must subject itself to civil authority. I am the chief security officer of this state. Before any deployment of soldiers, I should be informed, but in this case I was not aware.
"I will always support the security agencies in the fight against criminals and criminality, but I will never support the killing of innocent persons. That is why I am here today for an on-the-spot assessment. I have seen for myself the destruction in Yeghe and the killings that took place. I went to the Mortuaries to see the corpses and the relatives of the deceased confirmed they were killed in the operation".
The governor stated: "I have told security agencies to be careful so that they are not misled by politicians. As your governor, I have never used soldiers because I don't need them. When I see people not in government moving around with soldiers, I am surprised. If you are popular with your people, you have no reason to move with soldiers. "
While urging the Ogoni people not to take the laws into their hands, Governor Wike said: "All those who masterminded these killings will face justice. They are busy causing crisis because of their evil plan to declare a state of emergency in the state. Since they failed in my case, they will fail in others because God is greater than them".
Governor Wike noted that he has always advised the military to arrest criminals and hand them over to the police for prosecution in line with the rules of engagement and not to take actions that would harm innocent citizens.
He denied ever making inflammatory statements on the Ogoni political arena, saying that he only campaigned for his political party. According to him, it is within his political right to guide the people on the electoral choice they have to make in the interest of the state.
Governor Wike said that the state government will hold a comprehensive security council meeting on Thursday on the Ogoni Security Situation.
A statement by Simeon Nwakaudu, Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor on Electronic Media noted that thousands of wailing bereaved widows, youths, children, widowers and traders at Yeghe and Bori displayed photographs of loved ones killed by soldiers. They also displayed placards condemning the military operation that claimed the lives of their loved ones.
He urged those who fled their homes to return as his administration has taken measures to check a repeat of the ugly incident.
Bari Zikpo, a retired police officer, told the governor that his first son was killed in the ill-fated operation by the military. He said the operation claimed many others in the town.
In Bori, David Gbarazie informed the governor that he lost his brother to the military operation.
Also in Bori, the Igbo community also informed the community that the military killed some traders in front of their shops. Spokesman for the Igbo traders in Bori, Mr Michael Akuchi said a trader Livinus Nwafor and his brother Kelechi Nwafor were killed by soldiers.

http://www.puoreports.com/2016/02/army-did-not-tell-me-before-going-to.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by SenJoe(m): 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
May Thunder kill every perpetrator of evil. Who so ever it may be. Why would innocent lives be waisted for selfish gains.

Association of Present Criminals all over the place.

In as much as I don't support instigating people against the Govt, I don't support innocent killings also.

We are Nigerians not animals.

What's it about FTC self..................

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by kcmichael: 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
Wike is the cause,he made inflammatory statement that Ogoni people should use every availble means to resist APC in Ogoniland.the hoodlum attacked the military on a tip off which the Military retaliated resulting in casuality.

106 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by stexsy(m): 1:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
Buhari is foolishly wicked...

God bless GEJ

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by EasternActivist: 1:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
I don vex

1 Like

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by gentlejpm(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
are you the commander in chief of the arm forces??

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by Truckpusher(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
kcmichael:
Wike is the cause,he made inflammatory statement that Ogoni people should use every availble means to resist APC in Ogoniland.the hoodlum attacked the military on a tip off which the Military retaliated resulting in casuality.
You truly believe in this shiit you just typed out here ?

162 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by talktimi(m): 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
Amaechi and Magnus Abe, see una handwork ?

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by comos: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
APC has been rejected by rivers people,

RIVERS FOR PDP PDP FOR RIVERS

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by AZeD1(m): 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
The killing of innocent people should stop in this country, ffs this is 2016.

But then on a side note why is Wike claiming CSO? When he and GEJ were using Joseph Mbu to undermine Amaechi, did he forget that karma is a b***h and she bites?

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by robosky02(m): 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
na waoooooooooo

lalasticlala come and see
Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by BaddieKay(f): 2:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
My dear ask him ooh.People will just be typing nonsense
Truckpusher:
You trully believe in this shiit you just typed out here ?

23 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by BaddieKay(f): 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
Did he go on shooting spree killing innocent people?
AZeD1:

But then on a side note why is Wike claiming CSO? When he and GEJ were using Joseph Mbu to undermine Amaechi, did he forget that karma is a b***h and she bites?

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by AZeD1(m): 2:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
BaddieKay:
Can you read?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by Tokety7: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
kcmichael:

Wellsaid, days before the incident the thug of a governor was in the same area demanding the ogonis to fight against their own. He instigated the whole menace.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by Tokety7: 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
BaddieKay:

Innocent u say.....u mean the criminals that fired at the military right? They got what they deserve. So much lawlessness in the city right now all because of wikes miss governance. Just around this time yesterday rumuokwuta, the center of town was a no go area. Wike has unleashed his thugs and the military is gradually clearing them.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by papparatzzi2013: 3:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
Very funny. Karma is a god.

Mr. Wike, can you remember Amaechi and the CP'saga?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by opalu: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
Did you tell Ameachi before packing Police to block Government House then? The mistake people fighting those in positions that they themselves want to occupy is that they downgrade the offices to the point that when they get there they loose the respect they deserve

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
We're your armies telling Amaechi?

3 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by DankemzI(m): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
We have a tyrant dictator as a president cool

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by anonimi: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
I thought the state governor is the Chief Security Officer of his state.
No longer so in BuhariSTAN

5 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by anonimi: 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2016

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
Buhari has jst increase the hate we rivers people got for him. Is there any boko haram in rivers state?

4 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by kay29000(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
HMM
Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by engrlarex(m): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
if not for the backwardness of rivers state,i know what I'm saying coz I served there, a state where human beings r seen as chicken, no value for human lifes. cultist killed like rat, communal clash nkoh na war zone...they don't need a governor like wike in that state whose body language preach violence or som1 who got to the throne with desperation without election( I was a Presiding Officer so I know what I'm saying) the only thing that can liberate the state is mass literacy and shun this our land, our oil, our community mentality. all what you hear is "dem wan share company money" when I was serving, they don't even know what course to study aside from electrical or Mechanical Engineering coz u hear company go employ u....

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by Abbeyme: 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
Operation say no to thuggery

2 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by thefakestan: 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
So what next?

ThefakeStan
Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by macaranta(m): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
Peace should reign oh...go ask Allepo how far.

2 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by prince2blinks(m): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
R.I.P to those that lost there life..
Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by Icecomrade: 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2016

Federal might

Modified

I read comments, my heart bleeds. How on earth do people find reasons to justify this heinous crime against innocent citizens of this country?

Satan will visit the family of every one on this thread who failed to condemn this wickedness with this same fate. Amen and Amen

10 Likes

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by Ecoterrorism(f): 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tokety7:

Innocent u say.....u mean the criminals that fired at the military right? They got what they deserve. So much lawlessness in the city right now all because of wikes miss governance. Just around this time yesterday rumuokwuta, the center of town was a no go area. Wike has unleashed his thugs and the military is gradually clearing them.
Are you from Ogoniland or are you the new Radio without battery.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Did Not Tell Me Before Going To Yeghe In Ogoni - Wike by hakeem4(m): 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shame On You - Mbaka Replies Garba Shehu On Contract Scandal / Wike Meets With Fayemi, Omisore In London As Rift With Atiku Widens / Don’t Let My Mother Know, Policeman Shot At APC Rally Begs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.