Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,367 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International (28385 Views)

ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International / Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by kuuljay(m): 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
They had been protesting since and nobody harassed any one of them untill they turned violent thereby constituting security threats forcing security forces to react,soldiers are not trained to pamper trouble makers. As you can see it happened in big Joe's regime too in the north east.he is not the one carrying the gun,doesnt mean I support killing armless civilians though,but the IPOB are going about this the wrong way, you keep shouting Nigeria will burn!!! Nigeria will burn!!! And start burning trucks and blocking roads, Why can't they call their representative at the federal level to sit with their governors to boycott the govt and ask for a secession rather than threatening violence if they are not let to go.if they continue this way that means they are ready for a repeat of the past and amnesty international will do nothing,wetin never happen for Israel as we speak
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by vislabraye(m): 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
ovadozes:
I have always argued that there are better and more mature ways to handle this issue of IPOB protests than shooting of unarmed protesters, the major reason the USA does not sell arms to Nigeria is because of the incessant and flagrant abuse of human rights by her armed forces...one day I believe one day the chicken will come home to roost. this IPOB issue may the final nail on the Nigerian coffin if the government does not handle it carefully.
Governors of South East and Ohaneze are just watching while this massacre is going on right under their noses, this matter goes beyond just condemning the activities of IPOB when the military under Ihejirika was fighting Boko Haram, the northerners condemned his method and even went as far as petitioning him to the Hague, even with the grave danger associated with Boko Haram it never stopped Arewa from speaking up.

That's the problem with tribalism. These Northerners especially the Fulanis are the major problem in Nigeria. BH killed Christians and bombed churches and the Northern elders rejoiced.
Gej fought bh but Buhari made it a tribal issue. "He said war against bh is war against the North"
Buhari was angry anytime a boko haram fighter is killed. They are his misguided brothers.
Of recent, over a 100 bh members were released.
As for IPOB. We've not heard any mosque burnt or aboki killed down south. But Buhari has unleashed his terror on innocent people. What a shame.

6 Likes

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Osakah24(m): 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
LoveMachine:
Does Amnesty International ever investigate crimes by law enforcement in America towards blacks or do they only "investigate" African countries?
Human right abuses happen in america,that one is very sure but the rate at which it happens in africa is alarming,One have to wonder if we here in africa are really humans or barbarians. Any incident that kills 20 people in the US will kill 200 in africa(especially nigeria) and trust the people to stand up and condemn it not minding the colour or race of the victims,gush there is endemic decay and moral decadence in the minds of many blacks,that's why God didn't allow us to enslave the whites and caucasians but allowed them to enslave us.

1 Like

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by zendy: 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
AntiIPOB:
As we all know,ipob leader and their followers don't obey the constituted authourity,their leader enter this country without using his Nigeria or british passport,yet to them it was right,the illiterates Igbos were warned by law enforcement agents not to disrurbed the peace of the estern Nigeria,yet they went to the streets burning mosques,shops,trucks and disrupting the economic activities of onitsha market,forcing people to join the protest,yet you called that peaceful protest,if you people think buhari administration is a walkover,i adviced you to think again.
Biafra is a bad dream.

You may not know this but it is no necessary for any Igbo man to enter Nigeria with a passport, least of all Kanu. Just birth certificate alone is enough to enter Nigeria since it is a legal form of identification. Even a driving license is enough to get into Nigeria so when the clueless Buhari talked about Kanu not coming into Nigeria with a passport, let someone go and educate him. The burning of trucks and a mosque only happend because Buharis murderous security forces fired on peaceful protesters. It is the right of people to protest under their right to freedom of expression and movement. Where have you seen people forcing another to join protest? Did anyone point a gun to someones head and tell them to join the crowd? Buharis administration is a murderous regime and such Governments have never helped anyone in history

1 Like

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by ishiamu(m): 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
AntiIPOB:
Keep dreaming,if you think amnesty iz a system of gvt then,i advice you to go back to ur fakr drugs business,biafra ix a bad dream bro.

Ok
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by rafcrown(m): 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL should also investigate the activities of the RITUALISTS IN NIGERIA
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Anticabal: 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
brize:
Tomorrow one stupid man will tell you that Nigeria is one....... Since i was born i have never heard about one Ghana, one America, one Holland etc. it is only in Nigeria that you hear one Nigeria........

You hear 'one nigeria' because it doesn't exist and everyone knows, Americans, Britons and even Ghanians don't need to shout 'One America' or ' One Britain' because unity is not an issue. No group is trying to politically swallow another in those countries because of oil resources and Minorities are given their respect and protected. But take a trip to core northern nigeria, minorities have either been totally wiped out or acculturated by the fulani/hausa.

The reason why the fulani and Igbos can not survive in a space without bloodshed is because muslim fulanis find it difficult to acculturate Christian Easterners, they want them to be Islamized by force the way they did to hausas and yorubas but the east won't have none of that.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Osakah24(m): 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
drss:
one nigeria is d biggest scam of d century.
when I hear adverts on tv or radio that uses the line of unity in diversity or Hausa,Ibo and yoruba we are one,I ask myself why are these fools denying the obvious?we can't be one,until we start respecting each other and mutual respect breeds love,how can you have peace when equity and justice gets trampled upon with alarming consistency?

3 Likes

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by meolaniyi(m): 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
Balkan:
Buhari has never opened fire on Fulanis Carrington AK 47 everywhere in the SS, NC and SS. He has never condemn for once on their activities.

We Know their agenda. "But all things work together for good to them that trust God".

What goes around, comes around.

God bless the Igbos who are Igbos.
are there Igbos who are not Igbos. I know anambara people are more Igbos than any Igbos state.

But Imo people are better than anambara people. Prove me wrong.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Osakah24(m): 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
dicefrost:

Where else in the world do soldiers fire at unarmed protesters if not Africa and the middle east??
allow the lad to continue playing the Ostrich,His turn will soon come and everyone will play the ostrich also.

1 Like

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Anticabal: 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
Igbos can continue to kill themselves , no one cares

All these propaganda is dead on arrival

The Nigerian military has shown restraint in the face of provocation from the mentally disturbed IPOB youths

When they attack the military , they should be ready to face the consequences next time

Igbo people say 'When they carry another person's corpse, it will look like log of wood to those who have come to others but whether you like it or not everyone's corpse will be carried someday"

Words on the marble.

3 Likes

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Masterclass32: 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
meolaniyi:
are there Igbos who are not Igbos. I know anambara people are more Igbos than any Igbos state.

This yoruba man, u better stop this rubbish. U always try to cause a rift among Igbos on here.

U didn't understand what the person you quoted said because u aren't Igbo. Don't try to force yourself into matters that don't concern you.

6 Likes

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Anticabal: 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
Buhari is either going to ICC or the grave like the protesters he is killing. He won't live forever, i just pity his children and extended families. Easterners will look them in the eye and tell them 'you are a scion of a Godforsaken bloodsucker". They will be ashamed of their father when he departs.

1 Like

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Anticabal: 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
meolaniyi:

Stick to the thread, we know where you are headed yoruba man.

3 Likes

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Longeria(m): 8:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

The Nigerian military has shown restraint in the face of provocation from the mentally disturbed IPOB youths

When they attack the military , they should be ready to face the consequences next time

Listen to yourself one more time.

2 Likes

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by CookieBrown: 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
ishiamu:
Says IPOB has right to free expression, assembly
· Nigerians must fight for their rights

Amnesty Internation­al (AI), the global hu­man rights body, has stated that supporters of the Indigenous Peoples of Bi­afra (IPOB) have a right to free­dom of expression and freedom of assembly.

The organization also noted that it was still investigating dis­turbing reports of the massacre of unarmed members of IPOB and their alleged burial in a mass grave in Aba, Abia State, by Nigerian se­curity operatives.
The organization also stated that extra-judicial killing remains a major issue in Nigeria, beyond the context of the security opera­tions in the North-East.

The organization said it was very concerned about what is hap­pening in the South East of Ni­geria - going by reports of har­assment and intimidation of unarmed people exercising their basic freedoms of expression and assembly.

According to Amnesty, Nige­rians must understand and fight for their rights - given the fact that Nigeria is a signatory to the Rome Treaty.

The global body expressed these positions at the launch of Amnesty International Annual Re­port 2015/2016, at the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja, yesterday.
Ambassador M.K. Ibrahim, the Country Director of AI, field­ed questions from journalists after the report presentation. His words: “We are extremely worried and con­cerned at what is happening in the South-East because of the treatment of the supports of IPOB with regards to their freedom of expression and freedom of assembly.

“While Amnesty does not re­port or work on issues of self-deter­mination, which are political issues, we are terribly concerned with the steps being taken by the authorities to violate freedom of expression and freedom of assembly of the IPOB.

“Amnesty has a standard in con­ducting these investigations. We have seen pictures, we have heard stories. But before Amnesty Interna­tional will publish anything we have to verify. We have very rigid verifi­cation standard and that is what we are doing right now.

“We want whatever we print to stand by it. I can assure you that soon you will see our report on the plight of IPOB in the context of ex­pressing their freedom of expression and right to assembly.

“We are concerned with the cas­es, the stories we are seeing about people being killed while protest­ing. Let me emphasise again that our verification standard has no short-cut. At the moment we are investi­gating.”

Responding to its position on extra-judicial killings in Nigeria, Amnesty said that, “Ex-judicial kill­ing is a major issue here, beyond the context of the security operations in the North-East. And this is one of the issues that ignited Boko Haram - the extra-judicial killing of Mo­hammed Yusuf.”

On the Nigerian military and rights violations, it stated that, “The military is an honourable institution and should be a respectable organi­zation everywhere in the world. We thought that the Nigerian military should also be in that class. We have nothing against the military as an institution.

“But in the conduct of their operations in the North-East – and this fact-finding and research took us two years – we found out unfor­tunately that there was gross human rights violations by the military.

We have gathered a lot of evidence as we have indicated in our report.
“We have 90 videos, inter­viewed over 490 witnesses, victims and doctors. We know from our re­search, especially using technology, that such violations actually took place. What we are asking is for the government which has an obliga­tion and a duty to protect the life of every Nigerian to look into these complaints.

“We have made recommenda­tions and there should be an inde­pendent, impartial panel of inves­tigators to look into these human rights violations. The purpose of do­ing this is to ensure that we stop the preponderance of such violations. The government has promised us that these violations will be inves­tigated.”

On the laid-back attitude of Ni­gerians with regards to regular vio­lations of their rights, Amnesty stat­ed that citizens must wake up and fight for their rights.

In Ibrahim’s words: “Nigerians should wake up and fight for their rights. Human rights education is the key here. Nigeria is signatory to the Rome Treaty. If Nigeria is violat­ing its constitution, ultimately it’s for Nigerians to fight for our rights. We have a constitution.
“If the constitution says that you should not be detained for more than 24 hours and we see people detained for months, years; it is our duty as Nigerians to say that we are not respecting our constitution.

“It is only when we do that that our rights will be respected; will be protected by our government and security agencies.”
In its report proper, present­ed in a summary format, Amnes­ty noted that: “Protests for an inde­pendent state of Biafra took place in the South and South East. On 14 October, Nnamdi Kanu, leader of IPOB and director of Radio Bi­afra, was arrested and charged with criminal conspiracy, managing and belongin to an unlawful society and intimidation.
“On 17 December, the Federal High Court in the capital Abuja or­dered his unconditional release from the custody of the Department of State Services.

“However, he was not released and charged with treason on 18 De­cember. He remained in detention at the end of the year.”
Amnesty’s summary report swept through the March 28, 2015 general elections, conflict between the military and Boko Haram and war crimes on both divides; retire­ment of all service chiefs appointed by former President Goodluck Jon­athan by President Muhammadu Buhari, Dasukigate, communal vio­lence, death penalty, housing/wom­en rights, corporate accountability and deficits in criminal justice ad­ministration in Nigeria.

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/02/ABA--MASS-GRAVE---We-re-still-investigating--Amnesty-International/

It is the same Easterners that drew first blood. The first coup was committed by who? Easterners. It was the same Biafrans that attacked Lagos first, blew up government pipelines first, attempted to invade Ondo first, Easterners, Easterners, Easterners. What about the Nigerian soldiers killed by the Biafrans? They don't have the right to defend themselves? Wake up my little Negro, the next civil war against the East will be akin to legal genocide. Its quite amazing you think you ridiculous opinion online will in anyway affect the Nigerian reality.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by meolaniyi(m): 8:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
Masterclass32:

This yoruba man, u better stop this rubbish. U always try to cause a rift among Igbos on here.

U didn't understand what the person you quoted said because u aren't Igbo. Don't try to force yourself into matters that don't concern you.
I don't like the way you people tribalise issues. Just prove me wrong in what I said. At least you make me understand. I love igbos if you don't know.

Somebody told me that igbos have classes and you are here ranting. Plus. If you don't have answer please forget it.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Generalyemi(m): 8:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
No matter what the government do,the Igbo race must surely survive..if any race is to go extinct on planet earth.Igbo's will be d last..
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Longeria(m): 8:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:

asa m will you marry me kiss
How old are you?
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Masterclass32: 9:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
meolaniyi:
I don't like the way you people tribalise issues. Just prove me wrong in what I said. At least you make me understand. I love igbos if you don't know.

Somebody told me that igbos have classes and you are here ranting. Plus. If you don't have answer please forget it.

Outstanding! "U love Igbos" indeed. Come collect knuckle. We see through your gimmicks, my friend. Anybody that has time to spare should go through some of this guy's posts. Its always about how Anambrarians feel superior, or how Abians are better Igbos than some other Igbos, and so on.

Why not keep this kind of 'love' for yourself, or better still, share it among ur people - tell us why ogun yorubas are better than Ekiti yorubas. We, Igbos, don't need it.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by discusant: 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
ovadozes:
I have always argued that there are better and more mature ways to handle this issue of IPOB protests than shooting of unarmed protesters, the major reason the USA does not sell arms to Nigeria is because of the incessant and flagrant abuse of human rights by her armed forces...one day I believe one day the chicken will come home to roost. this IPOB issue may the final nail on the Nigerian coffin if the government does not handle it carefully.
Governors of South East and Ohaneze are just watching while this massacre is going on right under their noses, this matter goes beyond just condemning the activities of IPOB when the military under Ihejirika was fighting Boko Haram, Nigeria the northerners condemned his method and even went as far as petitioning him to the Hague, even with the grave danger associated with Boko Haram it never stopped Arewa from speaking up.

Governors and Political Representatives of the South east?

If all things remain equal, the days of these Governors and Political Representatives are numbered.

An IPOB-like political party shall gradually send them to political oblivion, and replaced them with politicians sympathetic to the secessionist cause of the Igbo in which 90% of the Igbo population believe.

Once most of these self centred eastern politicians are out, tabling the referendum and secessionist cause of the easterners before the rest of Nigeria becomes an easy walk over.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Okpueze1(m): 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ajibel:
I dont believe this story of the NA killing Igbos in Abia and then dugging mass graves to bury them. Igbos on their FB page are full of propaganda
So surprised @ ur level of ignorance on this case. The video is still online in youtube. I dn't know of the mass grave issue, that one may be a later development. But the NA killed unarmed IPOB members that gathered inside a school premise and were praying n chanting. No insults meant.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by pastormellanby: 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
IPOB and their useless propaganda continue wailing the president as if he is the root cause of your tester years problem.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by discusant: 9:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
pastormellanby:
IPOB and their useless propaganda continue wailing the president as if he is the root cause of your tester years problem.

Unless you are Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri, you have problems on Nigeria, even more than the Biafra people. Only that your short sight may not allow you see beyond your nose.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by discusant: 9:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
Generalyemi:
No matter what the government do,the Igbo race must surely survive..if any race is to go extinct on planet earth.Igbo's will be d last..

Survival of the Igbo is not enough.

Igbo is gonna exit Nigeria, rain or shine. That's the way for not only for mere survival, but for the progress for the Igbo on mother earth.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by saintfieldcastro: 10:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
There are over 10million Biafrans overseas who are ready to continue the self-determination struggle. I'm proudly Biafran. Nigeria will soon be a history like USSR.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by sweetilicious(f): 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

What did they attack the military with? With hands in the air shouting freedom? You don't shoot at unarmed peaceful protesters. This is part of the reasons i don't believe in one Nigeria of a crap. No region cares about the other, but they wish to remain one. ##Smh#

1 Like

Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by Nebuchadnezar: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
Longeria:

How old are you?
50 yrs cool
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by drss(m): 10:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
Osakah24:
when I hear adverts on tv or radio that uses the line of unity in diversity or Hausa,Ibo and yoruba we are one,I ask myself why are these fools denying the obvious?we can't be one,until we start respecting each other and mutual respect breeds love,how can you have peace when equity and justice gets trampled upon with alarming consistency?
no mind dem. they ar living in denial.
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by sexybrooke: 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
AntiIPOB:
Keep dreaming,if you think amnesty iz a system of gvt then,i advice you to go back to ur fakr drugs business,biafra ix a bad dream bro.
y do u need igbos to share country with you its obvious these peeps hate u wite h passion and ll do anything to pull out and you are here jumping up and down like orango tango you guys are making us believe that there's something special about igbos that you folks can't live without
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by sexybrooke: 10:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
meolaniyi:

ondo yorubas are not original yorubas but ogun and oyo are real yorubas quote me anywhere
Re: ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International by davidif: 12:09am On Feb 26, 2016
Sofisticate:
Nigeria baffles me. Government sending its Army to murder its citizens. Unbelievable. How did we get here?

Bros, You never jam. I came across a documentary by PBS on the extra judicial killings by the Nigerian Army in the North and it was SHOCKING!!!!

I will post it when I have the time. It was just brutal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Welcomes Ekiti Accountant General & Finance Commissioner After Release / Fact Check: Time Magazine Cover Featuring Peter Obi Is Fabricated - Reuters / APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.