Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid (12543 Views)

My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) / Photos: Transport Ideas That Can Reduce Traffic/Accidents In Lagos. / 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by goldenvett: 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2009
Traveling happens to be one of my hobbies because it makes you know places and their cultures and for us in nigeria,our country is quite big but somany people have not stepped beyound their place of residence because travelling is risky especially when going by road(due to bad roads).

However,most transport companies due to lack of good customer service has made it even worse and turned traveling into a nightmare!

One of them is Chisco Motors.Apart from the fact that their buses are old,(They deceive travlers by painting their vehicles so they look new but the engines are old and often stop while on a journey),they are not customer friendly especially when you are not an ibo indigene.

If you are travelling anywhere outside east,please avoid Chisco because even if they claim they are going there,they won't go there directly but after going through east routes will abandone you at an ungodly hour in a strange land (Which is not what you bargained for)with nobody to give any explanations.

This was my own experience,is there anyone with similar experience or with infomation on other transport companies to avoid

1 Like

Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by goodguy100(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2009
Guy, u are saying nothing here, is like u have something with Chisco been an ibo man, Chisco transport is one of the best in Nigeria, when i am still in Nigeria i used it all the time and i am happy with there services.

2 Likes

Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by chyk91(m): 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2009
guy, its almost the same every where

1 Like

Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by goodguy100(m): 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2009
So u better start a new topic and forget about this, if i may ask, are u from Lagos? Chisco of all people oo,

1 Like

Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by opensource(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2009
CHISCO Transport is very okay from my experience , but you know sometimes due to unruly behavior of some staffs things could go wrong .

Don't generalize , I remember when traveling from Abuja to Lagos , I missed my bus at Lokoja when we stopped for a break. I had to just call the park at Abuja that i went to get something and the bus has left , the lady took my name and ticket number and told to me wait there .

I did as she said , surprisingly the second bus that left Abuja heading to Lagos came in and announced my name , that i can join them to Lagos. I was so impressed.

also ABC transport is cool .

3 Likes

Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by goodguy100(m): 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2009
Bros thank u, this is the kind of words we really need to hear, CHISCO IS COOL BRO.
Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by utimayor(m): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2010
this poster is a silly uncultured human being, how can you say such a thing? even the 'i don't know who' buses don't do such things talk more of a corporate entity. a bus going to abuja takes a turn to anambra per say and then drops you off at kogi, you, an animal. tribalistic animal at that. Go and buy your own buses if you are jealous. that's how you spoil Nigeria.
Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by teeteelahyo(f): 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2011
Y'all shud insult the guy. He was merely talking out of experience! Ther was a time Chisco had multiple cases of accident due 2 over used cars and horrific drivers. My parents wouldn't even let me buy chisco tickets cos they are scared stiff of what they are capable of doing. That u haven't had any bad experience with them doesn't meant u shud go ranting on those that have. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by dellnet: 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2011
@OP, Noted.
Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by teeteelahyo(f): 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2011
Y'all shudnt insult the guy. He was merely talking out of experience! Ther was a time Chisco had multiple cases of accident due 2 over used cars and horrific drivers. My parents wouldn't even let me buy chisco tickets cos they are scared stiff of what they are capable of doing. That u haven't had any bad experience with them doesn't meant u shud go ranting on those that have. Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by scholes23(m): 5:39pm On Apr 29, 2011
as at yesterday 28th of april 2011, i boarded a chisco bus from jibowu i paid N4050 for executive bus only 4 me to enter a bus witout a/c, the driver was stoppin every 30 mins to check the tyres cos thry were faulty and i'm sure they are still usin them till now, the toilet was locked and many thrash like that. Instead of them to consider us, they were tellin us that they hired their buses to PDP for election shit. Chisco cannot maintain their buses they only know how to refil their gas 4 a/c and fuel their buses. If ur observant they are still using the buses of the early 90s and buses they used for all african games 2003 to carry participants from other countries .Chisco shuld learn form the young. Check the highways for his buses they now use the latest luxury buses (mercedes irizar) thats the bomb . In fact, the young, here i come. As for all of u that dont want to realize the truth, dont worry u'll soon xperirnce urs.

2 Likes

Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by nile04(m): 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
I spent 3 good days traveling from Ghana to Nigeria with chisco. started the journey on a Friday. the bus we took from ghana broke down in Benin Republic at about 4pm. no reasonable excuse was giving. we slept on the road in the bus and they were saying that they had related our situation to their management and that another bus would arrive b4 8.pm to fare us to Nigeria. we were left alone with no form of security. the driver and his assistant left to wherever they went and returned the next morning looking ever refreshed and exquisite. we had to wait up until 5pm still on the road before another bus came and we continued to Nigeria. we continued from Lagos to ph the next day. still on the road even at about 10pm, and they took us to their terminal in a town almost close to owerri without our consent and they didn't give no excuse. they said they would continue the next day - being Monday. if not especially for God, and a girl who knew the route and a bus station close by, I would have spent 4 days on the road to Nigeria. and sure! they are almost anti-customer

1 Like

Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by Xavierrevak: 3:43am On Jul 25, 2017
No gain saying chisco is the worst thing to happen to transportation in Nigeria. Their buses are always faulty due to age...so is the manners of their staff. Watch the youtube video on my Channel and see my experience
Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by Xavierrevak: 3:48am On Jul 25, 2017
chyk91:
guy, its almost the same every where
True but not as bad as Chisco...No hotlines, No good customer relationship, no good drivers ...it can't get worse than this.
Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
opensource:
CHISCO Transport is very okay from my experience , but you know sometimes due to unruly behavior of some staffs things could go wrong .

Don't generalize , I remember when traveling from Abuja to Lagos , I missed my bus at Lokoja when we stopped for a break. I had to just call the park at Abuja that i went to get something and the bus has left , the lady took my name and ticket number and told to me wait there .

I did as she said , surprisingly the second bus that left Abuja heading to Lagos came in and announced my name , that i can join them to Lagos. I was so impressed.

also ABC transport is cool .
chisco do give food and drink or bottle water
Re: Chisco Motors:a Transport Company In Nigeria To Avoid by Udoebong: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2019
Please how many Cisco busses are on the road now. Good product sell itself. Kudos to GIGM and ABC that are giving travellers peace of mind value for their money and also keeping them safe on Nigerian highways

(1) (Reply)

Topic closed. / LASTMA Averts Fire Explosion, Arrests Tanker Driver / Schengen Visa From French Embassy London - Eu Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.