Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! (12373 Views)

Dino Malaye Writes About Obama In A Church / The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 / PMB Seats Gallantly Besides Obama In The G7 Summit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by yonybanta(m): 9:56am On Jul 14, 2009
I don't think the visit of Obama to Ghana rather than Nigeria has anything to do with our corruption or our development. for example if we are to consider the most appropriate place for Obama to visit first, then such place should be Kenya his father-land. But he choose one place at a time, Obama is not God that will appear in so many place at a time. The visit of Obama to Ghana does not mean that Ghana is rate first in Africa.

Even though Ghana has had smooth election, South Africa is democratically developed than Ghana, South Africa has had great political leaders than Ghana, Nigeria has a strong Bi-Lateral relationship with America than Ghana.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by yinkaoke(f): 9:58am On Jul 14, 2009
No doubt, Ghana is Afica representative, a good example of corporate governance
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nezan(m): 10:00am On Jul 14, 2009
skyy04:

What amazes me is that the GIANT Nigeria is not listed among the countries tourist could visit, even Engineers and other professional are discouraged. To the westeners visit to Nigeria is a big risk which wort to be celebrated if one return unarmed.

As a Nigerian, I feel there's no law, it's a country where there is no justice etc Do we expect OBAMA to be support of such country?

I can't see a way out until we charge our perception in that country
True
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by bboylove: 10:36am On Jul 14, 2009
, Well Obama the no 1 citizen of the USA dfecided not to visit Nigeria because of our Dubiousness in us so lets come together and have a Re-think on what to do as true Nigeruians,let us all fight curruption away in this country of ours b/4 its too late 4 to make an adjustment,
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by tunnie: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2009
you re right! we should try and fight corruption cos it's one of the things that is affecting us.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Bamsyle(m): 11:49am On Jul 14, 2009
Obvious reason - Nigeria is as synonymous with Corruption/Bad Leadership as Ghana is with Transparency/Democratic Rule . . . period.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by londoner: 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
Obama has visited corrupt countries with the same issues as Nigeria.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Akwasi(m): 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
Wow!. I can't believe this. Obama visited Africa not Ghana. Are we those in Kumasi suppose to say Obama visited Accra because he didn't come to Kumasi? Did you guys listened to what the Prez said? Most of the references were to Africa and I don't remember anywhere once in his speech where he said I visited Ghana. He kept mentioning Africa and the Black race.

Men, we are above this. Its not for Obama or any other person or persons to tell us whether we have dignity or not. It is called dignity. We must believe in ourselves and trust that as people we also have the brains to know good from bad. Ghana is no better than Nigeria I must tell you. I must rather say Nigeria is better than Ghana. I'm saying this because Ghana will go to war if the kind of elections that went on in Nigeria was to be held in Ghana. Nigerians really have tolerable heart. They consider their country first even in the face of persecutions.

Please, Africa is not a continent, its a country, a state and empire. We should not allow a person or group of persons to turn us against each other. Lets use our heads please.

Have never heard any European nation make fuss about Obama not visiting their country but news networks like BBC and SKY TV keep telling us stupid reasons why they think Obama is going here and not there in Africa.

I suggest the moderator in his own wisdom remove this thread to stop the embarrasment and ridicule we are putting our goodselves in.

If we do it to each other, others will do it to us.

Long Live Africa, Long live the Black Race.
We are built to succeed
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by tunnie: 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2009
We ought to give kudos to moderator not suggestin that he should remove the thread. Mind u we're not putting ourselves in an embarassment, we're sayin the reality. our leaders caused all this things.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by shawn123: 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2009
Once upon a time , i had 2 different Ghanaians as lesson teachers. Now Nigerians go to Ghana in search of jobs, companies are relocating to Ghana due to better infrastructure, Dear God where have my people done wrong?
Dear God please answer these prayers below;
- Please God let Nigerians love one another
- Dear God please let Nigerians learn to stop throwing waste bags/polythene, pure water, ground nut, orange peels, on their streets or from moving vehicles.
- Dear God please let Nigerians learn to stop accepting bribes
- Dear God please let Nigerians learn to stop blaming government for their failures and realize that its people make the leaders.
- Dear God please let Nigerians realize that its not about oppressing their neighbors but impressing the neighbors.
- Dear God please let Nigerians learn that cheating in exams in simply cheating yourselves of the already deprived knowledge
- Dear God please let Nigerians realize that wealth is only achieved through hard work and unique thoughts.
- Dear God Please let our females realize that their intuition and brains would give them wealth rather than the norm or married men (runs).
- Dear God please let our people forget about tribes and judge people by attitude and talent.
- Dear God please let our people realize that if everyone came out and cleaned the entrance of their houses, our streets would be cleaner and we would be free of germs, mosquitoes and most common diseases.
- Dear God please let our people realize that we have 100 problems, 99 of which is us as individuals and 1 which is the leadership.

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN wink
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by yoruba: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
@Topic
What amazes me is, in Southern Africa is the most politically and economically stable area in Sub-Saharan Africa(except Zim) with efficient government (i.e botswana, namibia, some areas in SA) but nobody over there cares whether he is coming there or not and it does mean the area is a disaster.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by danating: 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
I it a shame that the first black American can visit the African soil without coming to the mighty Nigeria as it is always called. Iwu once said that American should come and learn how to conduct election in Nigeria. I cannot be supprise, our government have disgraced us and as such the LORD will not forgive that cause the damage to this nation[/b][/b][/b]
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Litmus: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2009

tunnie
We ought to give kudos to moderator not suggestin that he should remove the thread. Mind u we're not putting ourselves in an embarassment, we're sayin the reality. our leaders caused all this things.

Not true, the moderators are racists. They delete posts that defend Nigerians and allow posts that are derogatory to Nigerians to flourish. 
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2009
Litmus:

Not true, the moderators are racists. They delete posts that defend Nigerians and allow posts that are derogatory to Nigerians to flourish. 

more like they brutally suppress positive posters and strongly encourage the anti-Nigerians.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by chiozor: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2009
because our president Yardua is sick and snoring in sleep.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2009
:-x
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by WarfyBoy(m): 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
IF NA MONEY OBAMA WAN KOM SHARE NOW, I GO DEY HAPPY, SINCE NA ONLY TALK IM WAN KOM TALK MAKE IM EVEN GO UGANDA SELF, NA THEIR PRO BE THAT,

9JA FOR LIFEEEE
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2009
Warfy Boy:

IF NA MONEY OBAMA WAN KOM SHARE NOW, I GO DEY HAPPY, SINCE NA ONLY TALK IM WAN KOM TALK MAKE IM EVEN GO UGANDA SELF, NA THEIR PRO BE THAT,

9JA FOR LIFEEEE

U missing it.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by hilli666(m): 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2009
I Hilli666, once a stalwart acolyte of the instituion called Nigeria, must now sadly denoucne all constitutianal ties and renounce all responsibility as a citizen. I do so with the most reverd and deepend sadness in my heart. But I, can not in the blind interest of patriotsm Ignore my moral and ethical reponsibilty to myself, and my family. I am now officially claiming to be an American and or British citizen till futher notice. I am deeplpy sadend and trouble by the current state of affairs in what was once my home coutry called Nigeria.

On second thought, "NAIJA 4 LIFE"  no shaking. with or without OBAMA
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Toks2008(m): 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2009
Hi Guys,

How come no one is looking towards the fact that Ghana just discovered crude oil. undecided
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by neeyee(m): 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
How come no one is looking towards the fact that Ghana just discovered crude oil.

Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by suxes2005(m): 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
WHAO!!! IT IS A PAINFUL THING HEARING OBAMA CHOOSE GHANA TO NIGERIA. LET'S STOP DECEIVING OURSELVES AS THE GIANT OF AFRICA. WE AINT NO GIANT WE ARE JUST PART OF AFRICA.

LETS COME TOGETHER AND LOOK FOR A BETTER WAY TO IMPROVE OUR COUNTRY

IT BEGINS WITH YOU

SHALOM
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by obednnamdi: 11:32pm On Jul 14, 2009
OBAMA IS MY VERY GOOD FRIEND AS I SAID AT MY LAST POST, HE SAID THAT HE IS COMING TO NIGERIA SOON BUT HE SAID THAT HE WILL CALL ME BEFORE NEXT WEEK TO TELL ME WHEN TO COME TO NAIJA TO SEE US.
TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT MY FRIEND OBAMA PLEASE VISIT MY SITE BELOW
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by asha80(m): 11:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
hilli666:

I Hilli666, once a stalwart acolyte of the instituion called Nigeria, must now sadly denoucne all constitutianal ties and renounce all responsibility as a citizen. I do so with the most reverd and deepend sadness in my heart. But I, can not in the blind interest of patriotsm Ignore my moral and ethical reponsibilty to myself, and my family. I am now officially claiming to be an American and or British citizen till futher notice. I am deeplpy sadend and trouble by the current state of affairs in what was once my home coutry called Nigeria.

On second thought, "NAIJA 4 LIFE" no shaking. with or without OBAMA

Very funny post from a funny character.So you want to give up naija now?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by kok(m): 3:17am On Jul 15, 2009
G comes before N, lol,
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by yonybanta(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2009
why are you guys disturbing yourselves with things that makes no meaning? Ghana was not the place Obama visited first in Africa, he first visited Egypt before Ghana. why must we compete ourselves with Ghana if we know that we are better than them, conducting free and fair election alone cannot make Ghana better than us, after all Nigeria have had free and fair election in 1966 and 1983.

Please let think of better things to do in order to improve our country further than wasting our time discussing something which will not benefit us.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by yoruba: 8:36am On Jul 15, 2009
conducting free and fair election alone cannot make Ghana better than us, after all Nigeria have had free and fair election in 1966 and 1983.
South Africa is the only country in africa to have free and fair elections four times consecutively in 15 years, with 4 different presidents and peaceful transition of power. Does that answer your question?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by benlay(m): 9:26am On Jul 15, 2009
It's just that we need to wake up from our self acclaimed "giant of Africa" slumber. Those small countries in Africa are leaving us behind apart from the fact from Ghana recorded 1 of the most peaceful transition of govt in Africa continent, security reports on Nigeria is nothing to write home about. Pls read
The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nigeria and recommends avoiding all but essential travel to the Niger Delta states of Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers. Violent crime is a problem in Lagos and other large cities as well as on the roads between cities. Tension between some Muslim and Christian communities, and between ethnic groups, occasionally results in violence, but is not directed specifically against American citizens. This replaces the Travel Warning for Nigeria dated October 30, 2007, to note restrictions on travel to the Delta region due to violence and to clarify regions of concern.

American citizens should defer all but essential travel to the Niger Delta states of Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers because of the continued risks of kidnapping, robbery, and other armed attacks in these areas, especially against oil-related facilities and other infrastructure. A loose alliance of militant groups has conducted a number of attacks, mostly in Rivers state, against oil installations and posts of the Nigerian military’s Joint Task Force (JTF), which is attempting to eradicate the militant camps. Since January 2008, over 44 foreign national oil workers or businesspeople in parts of the Niger Delta region have been kidnapped from off-shore and land-based oil facilities, residential compounds, and public roadways. The Nigerian government considers militant camps and surrounding areas in the Delta region states of Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, and Rivers to be conflict areas. Travel by foreigners to these areas without prior consultation and coordination with local security authorities is not recommended, as the Nigerian Government may see this activity as inappropriate and potentially illegal. Nigerian authorities detained six American citizens, including journalists, on six separate occasions, in this same region in 2008. The Nigerian government interrogated these Americans for lengthy periods without bringing formal charges, and ultimately deported them. Journalists are required to obtain a license from the Ministry of Information prior to traveling to conflict areas in the Niger Delta region sta
tes.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by na2day2(m): 10:12am On Jul 15, 2009
@ post

let me guess, nigerians are crying foul, that they are the giant of africa, right? na 2day!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by bode228: 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2009
Bush was in Ghana in the last days of his administration, and now Obama, Two American pressys in less than two yrs?!
US is never that diplomatically magnanimous, Dont you think there should be more to it ?
, Ghana just discover OIL in commercial quantity and about to commence exploration, Our own oil is already a done deal for them is it not business-wise for American pressy to visit Ghana every month?!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2009
why do Nigerians always feel that in everything in Africa,they should be first?

na waaoooo

i tire
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by rafcrown(m): 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2009
YORUBA SONG

[YEGEDE YEGEDE
MI O YA ILU YIN
ILU KOFI NI MO YA
GREAT SHAME
GREAT SHAME
I AM NOT VISITING YOUR PLACE
I AM VISITING KOFIS COUNTRY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Private Sector To Take Over Abuja, Lagos Stadia Soon – Dalung / Court To Rule On Suit Seeking Soludo’s Disqualification On November 30 / 2023: No Igbo Man Contesting Presidency, They Are All Eyeing VP Slot – MASSOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.