Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! (9512 Views)

Wet Season Farming / My Dry Season Irrigation Sack Farming (photo Speak) / Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
All crops needs water, some needs it more than others and each crop suitability towards an irrigation type is unique.

While drip systems is good for tomatoes and most vegies, Plantation crops requires Rain guns and Spray tubes...make sure you use the right irrigation type for each crop!
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hello people, been a while since i posted on this thread. I decided to stop by today to say hi to everyone who follows this thread. We have explained a lot so far as to soe types of irrigation available and how you can identify the commercial rain guns available and the distance they cover. Watch this space for more info and advise on affordable and effective irrigation solutions. Don't forget to ask your questions...
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
If you feel compelled to pre-order any irrigation kit(based on fully convinced its the right solution for you) please visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2110962/pre-order-rain-guns-spraytubes-dripkits . Henceforth all question as regards cost implication will be addressed there...this thread remains a hub for learning, not a commercial thread. Thanks
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by SenseiAri: 11:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
Sir i want to start a small tomato garden(about one plot), with a local makeshift greenhouse. Please what kind of irrigation do you advice?
I also plan to plan in bags, old cement bags.
Thanks.
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 10:29am On Sep 30, 2016
SenseiAri:
Sir i want to start a small tomato garden(about one plot), with a local makeshift greenhouse. Please what kind of irrigation do you advice?
I also plan to plan in bags, old cement bags.
Thanks.
The best irrigation system for tomatoes is the drip irrigation system...You are welcomed anytime!
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 8:15am On Mar 31, 2017
Been white sometimes since I posted anything here, we'll what have I been up to? Alright, I will tell you...Dry Season farming. Yes, dry season farming of vegetables is actually profitable but you ca achieve nothing without a suitable an effective irrigation...enjoy the video of how We watered our Ugwu using spraytubes in the dry season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OojEMU1cLBg
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
Been a long while I posted here on Irrigation. You might want to Know what we have been up to recently...I will tell you in another post. But for now, we are taking orders here: https://www.nairaland.com/2110962/pre-order-rain-guns-spraytubes-dripkits/7#57059276 for irrigation kits to make sure your dry season experience is a remarkable one! Contact us for affordable Irrigation technologies and don't forget to visit https://www.nairaland.com/2110962/pre-order-rain-guns-spraytubes-dripkits/7#57059276 for low priced, high quality irrigation joint preorder!
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2018
This is the first point of call for anyone interested in irrigation. Feel free to ask questions, to order visit the link on my signature!
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 7:59am On Aug 29, 2019
I have noticed over the years that many do irrigation in the dry season but only few of them really make money from it. The main reason is that most irrigation systems are not sustainable. For example using a stream that dries up to irrigate 10 acres of land with 1 raingun and pump will only work for few days or weeks but as the scorching sun sets in the crop will be dead even before the farmer gets an alternative and will be discouraged as they go into loss.

I opened this thread to avoid all these kinds of situations, so please send on your questions, I will answer them once I am here. Want a quick answer WhatsApp/Call 07036931636, I am here for you!
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Hassadam: 6:17am On Jan 15, 2020
Please I have 5 acter of plantain farm that needed irrigation please which method is the less stressed and a affordable way to irrigate
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by dorispray: 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hassadam:
Please I have 5 acter of plantain farm that needed irrigation please which method is the less stressed and a affordable way to irrigate
I'll sent you a DM, you can reply the message and I can assist you from there with your request. Cheers.
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by tobyemmanuel(m): 5:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kalusam:
Been white sometimes since I posted anything here, we'll what have I been up to? Alright, I will tell you...Dry Season farming. Yes, dry season farming of vegetables is actually profitable but you ca achieve nothing without a suitable an effective irrigation...enjoy the video of how We watered our Ugwu using spraytubes in the dry season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OojEMU1cLBg
That's cool
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Teemedia: 11:51am On Apr 04, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]Can we chat on whatsapp please, hers is my contact sir 08166091741. I want to know more on raingun before installation.
Thank you sir
Kalusam:
This post has been long overdue, been thinking of helping fellow farmers on this forum by giving advise on the best kinds of irrigation for their farm for FREE. Yes that's right for F.R.E.E, no strings attached. I have been doing that via phone calls or whatsapp but decided to bring it on here.

Irrigation farming is indeed profitable but you need to make sure you put things in place before you start. You need to understand that by doing some feasibility studies to be sure the crops you will irrigate is worth investing in irrigation for, in terms of the value the crops accrue during the dry season.

Next you need to look for an irrigation solution that suits your budget as well as will give you the results you require, buying an irrigation technology for say 100k won't automatically give you additional income, its the results that matter not the amount of money you put into irrigation.

Make sure of the water you will use to water the crop, testing the PH and/or heavy metals content is very important else you might be feeding your crops with poison which ultimately mean you are growing poison to your consumers!

Also make sure you install your Irrigation kits properly using a professional plumber, you can DIY sometimes cheesy

Please feel free to drop your irrigation challenges or questions here, let's discuss...#RemainBlessed

Samuel 'TheIrrigationExpert' cheesy
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
Teemedia:
[color=#006600][/color]Can we chat on whatsapp please, hers is my contact sir . I want to know more on raingun before installation.
Thank you sir

I guess you later chat me on WhatsApp by using the number on my signature, please be advised that putting your phone number on a forum like this and sending a request might put you in the hands if scammers/fraudsters. I never contact anyone online, they do!

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 7:09am On Aug 01, 2020
I created this thread to help demystify irrigation system for free. Ask your questions here.... I am patiently waiting!
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
The dry season is here again...if you have any questions, I am rrady to answer you!
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Xlyad(m): 1:34pm On Dec 07, 2020
Kalusam:
The dry season is here again...if you have any questions, I am rrady to answer you!
please what's the total cost for installing drip on half an acre?are you based in Lagos?
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by Kalusam(m): 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2020
Xlyad:
please what's the total cost for installing drip on half an acre?are you based in Lagos?

Cost is dependent on farm dimension and location. Cost of items for a recent quote for about 2000m² kit, including drip, reinforced layflat, offtake with valves and venturi kit was about N185,000(installation and logistics cost not included). If you are interested in something similar then message me on WhatsApp. I am not based in Nigeria but the drip kits and the irrigation engineer who will install are in Lagos.

Reach out to me via WhatsApp to make order +2347036931636
Re: Thinking Of Dry Season Farming? Your Irrigation Questions Answered Here! by dandylass: 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
What of using spray tube? Is it also effective

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hibiscus Flower (zobo) Dried Available For Supply / We Sell Shipping Containers & Refrigerated (reefer) Containers 20ft And 40ft / Nigeria Farm Architectural Drawings/designs & Planning For Poultry,pig ,catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.