Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

#BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places (929 Views)

Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by ideology(m): 7:25am On Feb 26, 2016
Today (yesterday), Kia Nigeria (Dana Motors) delivered ALL their made in Nigeria models to me. Just like I told Innoson Motors two weeks ago, I also told @Kia_Nigeria that their cars are a good value but they should make it more affordable so that Nigerians can

‪#‎BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬

My name is Ben Murray-Bruce and I just want to make Commonsense!

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=434126273451756&id=279327892264929&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.434126273451756%3Atl_objid.434126273451756%3Athid.279327892264929%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1456819199%3A1630534349384896546&__tn__=%2As

Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by ideology(m): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2016
Haters food don done lipsrsealed

Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by ideology(m): 7:31am On Feb 26, 2016
More

Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by ideology(m): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2016
Seun, lalasticlala don't you support Ben Bruce's #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira

Me I support ooooo

Mynd44 you nko!
Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by Seun(m): 7:38am On Feb 26, 2016
The whole point of growing the naira is to make importation cheap. If you dont plan to import, then what is the benefit of a strong naira?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by FlawlessRebirth2(f): 7:56am On Feb 26, 2016
ideology:
Haters food don done lipsrsealed
.LOLZ
OYA MAKE UNA CON CHOP

1 Like

Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by Adonis3: 7:58am On Feb 26, 2016
I still don't understand how someone will see something like this

And yet still hate on the person

If you're not an enemy of the Progress of Nigeria

#Adonis3HasSopken

1 Like

Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by kennethchidi(m): 8:07am On Feb 26, 2016
Bruce Bruce.
Hope all ds isn't just for the greater gud(presidency/vp/guber).
Anyways, at least u have d common sense to do dem instead of flashing wealth over social media like some of ur colleagues do.
Gud luck man.
My name is kco,and I just wanna make #commonsense like @benmurraybruce.
grin
Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by ChappyChase: 10:48am On Feb 26, 2016
Seun:
The whole point of growing the naira is to make importation cheap. If you dont plan to import, then what is the benefit of a strong naira?
Leave them!! They don see small children wey them fit white wash their brain anyhow!!!
Take Japan for example, the Japanese yen 113 to the dollar!! And they were even planning to devalue their yen when the IMF begged/threatened them not to do so!!! You know why? Cause they are exporting nation and devaluing their Yen will make them gain more when ever they export!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by Psalm18: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2016
Seun:
A stronger naira helps tackle inflation. Prices of goods are going to shoot up if our naira is weak.

A stronger naira can help us in the sub region:companies and businesses in countries with weaker currencies around us can be open to take over by Nigerian business owners. Even if not direct takeover people in nigeria can work here take our strong naira and go open up business in Togo, Benin or ivory coast. The naira is accepted in this regional countries.
Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by LordReed(m): 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
I want to hear his rebuttal to the fact that he hypocritically had his book published in the US. All talk and hypocritical action is no way to drive any sort of patriotic campaign because you are already undermining the very cause you are championing. That is an exercise in futility and the campaign is nothing more than a hot air balloon carrying nothing and achieving less than nothing.

1 Like

Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by ideology(m): 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
LordReed:
I want to hear his rebuttal to the fact that he hypocritically had his book published in the US. All talk and hypocritical action is no way to drive any sort of patriotic campaign because you are already undermining the very cause you are championing. That is an exercise in futility and the campaign is nothing more than a hot air balloon carrying nothing and achieving less than nothing.
publishing a book, depends on how you look at it.

Am not so sure, we have excellent publishers in Nigeria, besides his audience for the book is beyond Nigeria, He needs his product to be upto standard to be able to sell abroad.

As long as we don't have everything, we would still need to import the things we don't produce.

The is no country that doesn't import, just make your []at least )import = export.
Cc: seun
Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by LordReed(m): 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
ideology:
publishing a book, depends on how you look at it.

Am not so sure, we have excellent publishers in Nigeria, besides his audience for the book is beyond Nigeria, He needs his product to be upto standard to be able to sell abroad.

As long as we don't have everything, we would still need to import the things we don't produce.

The is no country that doesn't import, just make your []at least )import = export.
Cc: seun

So his wider audience cannot import the book from Nigeria? How does it make the so called common sense to print a book outside the country of your primary constituency then import it back into that country and then be shouting buy local? Either he is mentally deficient or he doesn't understand what it means to buy local. In either case such a person is not fit to head a buy local campaign.
Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by ideology(m): 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
LordReed:

So his wider audience cannot import the book from Nigeria? How does it make the so called common sense to print a book outside the country of your primary constituency then import it back into that country and then be shouting buy local? Either he is mentally deficient or he doesn't understand what it means to buy local. In either case such a person is not fit to head a buy local campaign.

When we say buy local, its just to encourage local products that doesn't mean you should go for substandard, if you are not ok with the quality of what you get locally go foreign.

The only thing that the government should do is to increase tariffs on imported goods.

If we say importation is the reason why Naira is failing, that is a big lie.

There is no country that doesn't import, out of 10products in US, 6 are made in China.

We just need to boost exports to level with import, that is where central bank comes in.

As far as Am concerned Nigeria doesn't have a central bank yet.
Re: #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places by LordReed(m): 12:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
ideology:
When we say buy local, its just to encourage local products that doesn't mean you should go for substandard, if you are not ok with the quality of what you get locally go foreign.

The only thing that the government should do is to increase tariffs on imported goods.

If we say importation is the reason why Naira is failing, that is a big lie.

There is no country that doesn't import, out of 10products in US, 6 are made in China.

We just need to boost exports to level with import, that is where central bank comes in.

As far as Am concerned Nigeria doesn't have a central bank yet.

It is balderdash to say there are no printing presses in Nigeria that can deliver high quality. This Day and some others are there. I am not saying ban imports but for simple things obtainable here why go abroad to get it? So here we are with a guy pushing buy local and the simple thing he can do he here he gets done abroad effectively saying forget about patronising local printing presses. Then another day it's oranges and he says oh oranges from Israel are higher quality, then on and on like that till we are at a worse state than we now. Someone fighting a tide is very much constrained if he wants to be successful.

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki / Can someone forward this poem to our leaders? / EFCC Searches Badeh’s House, Recovers $1m Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.