Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema (30174 Views)

Man Enters Cinema With Fufu And Soup To Watch Black Panther! / Do You Go To The Cinema To Watch Nigerian Movies / List Of Movies And Date To Be Released Into The Cinema In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by JAZES(m): 10:57am On Feb 26, 2016
The cinema culture is fast returning at an appreciable pace after it declined in the 1990s. Today, cinemas like Ozone, Silverbird and Genesis Deluxe around the country are witnessing reasonable attendance.

While the many rediscover the joy of blockbuster movies on a big screen, there are some persons who may be hell-bent on diverting your attention from the screenplay and this can be annoying.

Jovago.com, Africa’s No 1 hotel booking portal gather some of these annoying things that Nigerians do at the cinema.

The prolific commentator

They are better commentators than Andy Gray and John Motson. However, they do not to run football commentaries but annoying movie commentaries at the cinema.

They will narrate every scene, they cannot keep their emotions under wraps and they always have something to say about the movie. They cannot simply keep their mouth shut. This kind of people can be very frustrating.

The phone talkative
Your phone rings every second in the cinema hall and you pick it every time it rings. Even if you are a businessman, your phone should be on silent rather than disturbing others with your calls.

It is better to just switch it off when you are at the movies.
In addition, remember that you are on a date with your significant other, you should make it an eventful evening for her.

However, for some people, they do not really care, they will convert the cinema into a phone call hub even though there is a clear sign that you should switch off your phone.

The selfie addict
You cannot do without taking pictures even in the cinema. You flip out your phone, pose and click! These pictures are immediately uploaded on social media.

It is either you take your pictures before or after the not everyone will be happy with the lousy display of your photography talent.

The crying baby
You will definitely regret going to the cinema if you are in the same hall with a crying baby. The question is why do some mothers bring their babies to the cinema?

Because at a particular point during the movie, the baby will inescapably brawl its lungs. If this happens, you will have no choice than to leave the hall.

He who laughs last…
A comical scene was shown and everyone in the cinema hall laughs. However, for you, that is when your laughter begins. You may be laughing last but you are definitely not laughing best as your laughter could bring you ridicule.
http://www.onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2016/02/26/5-funny-yet-annoying-things-nigerians-do-at-the-cinema/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by ChappyChase: 11:11am On Feb 26, 2016
I can endure all of it save one! And that's the great commentators, most especially those ones with offensive mouth odour!!!!! Oga you don watch the film, why not just stay at home!!!!!!!!

12 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by JAZES(m): 11:32am On Feb 26, 2016
ChappyChase:
I can endure all of it save one! And that's the great commentators, most especially those ones with offensive mouth odour!!!!! Oga you don watch the film, why not just stay at home!!!!!!!!

lol@mouth odour..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

cc: lalasticlala,ishilove,seun

3 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by cruzita(f): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2016
the selfie takers own worst pass.if u try that nonsense near me I go just comot shoe stone u for head

9 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by JAZES(m): 12:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
cruzita:
the selfie takers own worst pass.if u try that nonsense near me I go just comot shoe stone u for head

kilode? u dey vex o..... shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sadly I don't watch movies unless I notice my potential date likes it then I dig into my pockets and endure the Charade.

This reminds me of some years back when I was in high school I and my squad went to watch Transformers and when the movie got into the middle we started telling them spoilers, the groans and shock was hilarious...of course we got kicked out but that experience being a total douchebag still draws smiles to my face smiley
Dyt:
So I shouldn't take my baby to the cinema
Or I should blind fold mouth
undecided undecided
Kids will always be kids

Its an insensitive thing to do, throw your kid away if you can't handle watching cinemas

6 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by ArchNerd(m): 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
I hate it when I see people texting while watching.

Their phone's backlight distracts my attention.

Modified*

Please has anyone seen a 3D glasses like the one below in any cinema in Lagos?

The ones I do see ain't like that o.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by famousroland(m): 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
100% TRUE
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by DesChyko: 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
You get TV, get DVD, get DSTV, get money to buy DVD plate.. Yet you talk say if you no chop Cinema popcorn, you fit die, why you go complain?
The Cinema workers no query them, na you wan query them ni? Abi you pay for the person? Na as you take waka come, na so im waka come. Una meeting end when movie finish.
So everybody, face your business, watch your movie and go your house.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by buskie13(m): 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
what happened to de rest
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by missdebs(f): 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
THE MESSING MACHINE. this person keeps hoping the sound of the movie will hide the sound of the mess, but the smell speaks volume as the AC evenly distributes it. Beware of these sets as they might even the preetiest ladies in the hall.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by geraldhumphrey(m): 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
Weytn concern u bayii?
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
I hate that pix stuff, it's pesky undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by promisechild(m): 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
Are u in need of a sound and good private home
teacher? and you are within the area of Abuja, why don't
you contact Path Way tutors,Abuja. contact
08139018012 .

1 Like

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by lurlah2014(f): 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
TRUE TALK
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
The crying baby...... angry sad angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by Dyt(f): 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
So I shouldn't take my baby to the cinema
Or I should blind fold mouth
undecided undecided

Kids will always be kids
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by mistayeancah(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
Bush people grin grin
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by GlassDoc: 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
lolz
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by GreenNegro(m): 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
Funny but true
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by jackzin(m): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
[url][/url]
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by CaroLyner(f): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
people that cant sit in one place_
they can get up hundred times during a one hour movie.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by airsaylongcon: 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hasn't NSG written this post before?
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by DesChyko: 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
Dyt:
So I shouldn't take my baby to the cinema Or I should blind fold mouth undecided undecided
Kids will always be kids
OP, Lekwa enemy of successful cinema-ing grin
Add 'No. 6: Dyt' angry
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by adedam007(m): 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
T

1 Like

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by ibroh22(m): 4:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
Well,I have never watch a movie in the cinema before,so I don't know what how those things feels like
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by Last2comment(m): 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Gods of Egypt tonight. grin
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by Tfatimat21(f): 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
funny, guilty of baby crying. lool......

1 Like

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ok.
Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by Cavenchy(m): 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
The snoring team!

I remember once when we (me and friends) went to the cinema and half way into the movie, this guy in the row before us slept off and started snoring heavily like a grinding machine.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema by blackboy(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Did you really think before you typed or just talkin like Trump or El Rufia before the election. How can you complain about nursing mothers coming to watch a movie with her baby. So because she has a baby she should be band from having fun/unwind at the cinemas.

Well, your opinion and not law.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Waje And Bisola Visit Big Brother House (photos) / BBNaija: Isilomo "Losing My Job Triggered My Interest In The Show" / Suspend Bbnaija This Year For Serious National Concern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.