Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,794 members, 7,798,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies (56803 Views)

She Faked Her Pregnancy For 4 Years / Why Do People Eat During Burial? / Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by winexviv: 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
We all know that our food choices while pregnant affect how the baby develops physically, but did you know that it can also make your child smarter? All the choices you make while expectant, from working out to eating green leafy vegetables, all help develop your child’s brain. According to the deputy medical director of the March of Dimes foundation, Diane Ashton, the development of your child’s brain and future intelligence can be affected by what you do during pregnancy.

What to Eat During Pregnancy for Fair and Intelligent Babies
As an expectant mother, you need to ensure that your diet has all the nutrients and energy needed for your baby to develop properly. You also must ensure that your baby’s body is healthy as this will enable him or her to deal with the different developmental changes.

1. Prenatal Supplements with Folic Acid
Prenatal supplements with folic acid are essential. Folic acid is an important nutrient in brain cell formation. The Journal of American Medical Association recently published a study found that women who took folic acid 4 weeks before pregnancy and 8 weeks after pregnancy had 40% less chances of giving birth to autistic babies. Excellent sources of folic acid include: green leafy vegetables such as spinach lentils and fortified breakfast cereals.

Note: Take prenatal vitamins everyday. This helps ensure that you have a good nutritional balance of vitamin B12 and folic acid which help develop red blood cells as well as vitamin C which produces collagen and vitamin D which helps in bone formation. You can take the vitamins with your meals and switch brands if they upset your stomach.

2. Foods Rich in Omega-3
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential and this is because they contribute to neuron production. Neurons are the nerves that send electrical impulses to the brain and messages to other body organs. You can get omega-3 from food sources such as salmon and various types of fish, eggs that have been fortified, ground flaxseed, walnuts, red meat, spinach, tofu, beans and iron enhanced cereals.

3. Fruits and Vegetables
Antioxidants help fight free radicals which can damage your child’s brain tissue. There are various foods that you can eat to boost your antioxidants and these include papaya, dark green leafy vegetables, tomatoes and blueberries as well. Make sure that you clean your fruits and vegetables thoroughly before you eat them, especially fruits. It is easy to introduce germs into the flesh of the fruit when you clean it.

Source http://babbyy.com/2016/02/24/what-to-eat-during-pregnancy-for-fair-and-intelligent-babies/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by aflame100(m): 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
Is OK. so let my wife hear this!
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
Saved.
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by Alertz3(m): 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ok.
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by tpiar: 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
is fairness in babies about what the mother eats or the gene for fairness in the baby?

18 Likes

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by byvan03: 8:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
What is wrong with dark skinned babies?

20 Likes

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by ivyT(f): 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
byvan03:
What is wrong with dark skinned babies?

i wonder o..everybody cant b lightskinned na,but most babies are fair

4 Likes

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by afilaka(f): 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
tpiar:
is fairness in babies about what the mother eats or the gene for fairness in the baby?
I tink so,u need 2 see me n ma sis,ma parent were hussling wen dey had mi,i came out black,bt wen dey gave birth to my Lil sis,we were already comfortable n ma mum use to eat very good,ma sis came out as white as snow,she wz so fair n fresh,i tout ma parent adopted her,she s just too beautiful I can't bliv she s ma sis.ma mum told mi itz d way she took care of d pregnancy.

4 Likes

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by cococandy(f): 8:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
After y'all will start hating on bleached ladies and gentlemen. Forgetting that you're sowing the seeds on inferiority complex in them from birth. undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by K9blunt(f): 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
Op, you're one of the problems with new generations with low self esteem.

2 Likes

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by byvan03: 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
ivyT:

Sure...
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by tpiar: 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2016

9 Likes

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by Pidggin(f): 7:26am On Feb 27, 2016
Seriously NL is interesting, the level of inferiority complex on here is worrisome. Fair babies are better than dark? grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by PresVA: 9:44am On Feb 27, 2016
Read the body and forget the title. . Everything written there is about having a healthy baby and not necessarily a fair baby! Nothing at all suggests fairness in the write up. ..

6 Likes

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by Chidoks(f): 10:02am On Feb 27, 2016
afilaka:

I tink so,u need 2 see me n ma sis,ma parent were hussling wen dey had mi,i came out black,bt wen dey gave birth to my Lil sis,we were already comfortable n ma mum use to eat very good,ma sis came out as white as snow,she wz so fair n fresh,i tout ma parent adopted her,she s just too beautiful I can't bliv she s ma sis.ma mum told mi itz d way she took care of d pregnancy.
Taking the right diet during pregnancy only enhances perfect development of the foetus. Most babies come out fair but with time their real colours come out. My younger brother came out red. So fair with curly hair but he was called 'ojika'- blacky because he turned out charcoal black regardless of all the better better creams he used. When he made money he became robust and the skin shone but he was still the good old blacky!!
Good nutrition only makes you look fresh. Your skin tones when not exposed to sunlight constantly but it can never make you fair if you're a dark person. Na gene matter o...
Except your mum do (did) what some women do these days: applying funbact A continuously on their children which has serious adverse effects on the skin with time...

1 Like

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by margola: 2:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
Great article. But u know, not every pregnant woman likes the taste of the prenatal vitamins. I didnt like it when I was pregnant and so I took foods rich in folate - beans, okro, oranges and green vegetables. I also took avocado a lot - avocado is good for the baby's developing brain...my baby came out perfect!
Also having smart and healthy babies is not only about what you eat during pregnancy, it's also about what you feed the baby after birth. Breast milk and natural, homemade baby foods is the best way to go.
PS : to learn more about making your own baby food using fruits, vegetables, tubers, poultry etc, join this group on facebook ' homegrown baby & you '

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by winexviv: 6:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
margola:
Great article. But u know, not every pregnant woman likes the taste of the prenatal vitamins. I didnt like it when I was pregnant and so I took foods rich in folate - beans, okro, oranges and green vegetables. I also took avocado a lot - avocado is good for the baby's developing brain...my baby came out perfect!
Also having smart and healthy babies is not only about what you eat during pregnancy, it's also about what you feed the baby after birth. Breast milk and natural, homemade baby foods is the best way to go.
PS : to learn more about making your own baby food using fruits, vegetables, tubers, poultry etc, join this group on facebook ' homegrown baby & you '
Yes you are very right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by prey02(f): 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
It is easy sef,na to just drink bleach na...Rubbish!

Dem the use fairness the collect money for bank

Mtchewww!!!
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2016
Is there anything wrong with dark-skinned babies, or indeed, dark-skinned humans?

It's individuals like the thread starter that make the world (Caucasean, Asian and Oriental) see Negroes, and darker-skinned ones in particular as abnormal, less than human. Yet you'll be the first to whinge when you're taunted due to your complexion, and berate others who choose to lighten their skins in any way.

Winexviv, you're a hypocrite, and your own worst enemy.
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by lesbiangirl(f): 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nigerians and inferiority complex go so well like garri and epa undecided like my sis bleaching her son coz she doesn't want him to be dark like being dark is some curse Now my lil nephew walks around looking like dose iya-alata women and everywhere we go am being asked "aww ur baby is so cute but stop bleaching for him" and here i am looking like dundi-united coz i can't deny d lil munchkin angry sad cry

4 Likes

Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by robosky02(m): 9:14am On Mar 03, 2016
ivyT:

hi ivyt where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu............
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by ivyT(f): 6:36am On Mar 07, 2016
robosky02:

hi ivyt where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu............
boo i dey here o,u just dey target oda babes..
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by Moana(f): 7:27am On Mar 07, 2016
cococandy:
After y'all will start hating on bleached ladies and gentlemen. Forgetting that you're sowing the seeds on inferiority complex in them from birth. undecided
congrats on the baby
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by robosky02(m): 8:44am On Mar 07, 2016
ivyT:

boo i dey here o,u just dey target oda babes..

other ke lol

no so dear...
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 07, 2016
Ignorance is bliss
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by winexviv: 10:14am On Mar 07, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
Ignorance is bliss
Yes indeed.
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by Moana(f): 12:10pm On Mar 07, 2016
winexviv:
Yes indeed.
a child's complexion is determined by genes not the food his/her mother eats
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by cococandy(f): 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
Moana:
congrats on the baby
thanks smiley
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by PresVA: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
margola:
can i get the link to the Facebook page please? Search not yielding results. .thanks
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by winexviv: 1:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
Moana:
a child's complexion is determined by genes not the food his/her mother eats
Genes are one of the determining factors but the food the baby's mother eats plays a major role.
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by mysticgal(f): 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
lesbiangirl:
Nigerians and inferiority complex go so well like garri and epa undecided like my sis bleaching her son coz she doesn't want him to be dark like being dark is some curse Now my lil nephew walks around looking like dose iya-alata women and everywhere we go am being asked "aww ur baby is so cute but stop bleaching for him" and here i am looking like dundi-united coz i can't deny d lil munchkin angry sad cry
I couldn't help but laugh out so loud. cheesy
Re: What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies by raumdeuter: 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
The OP probably has mental problems

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks / Lady Finds Out Her Husband Of 4 Months Is A Car Wash Boy And Not A Car Dealer / My Wife Hates Sex And Prefers I Masturbate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.