Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:28 AM

Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe (3276 Views)

CONGRATULATIONS To Pastor Joe Agbaje / Islamic Agenda For Nigeria – Pastor Bosun.... RCCG Pastor. (A Must Read) / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by I: 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2009
Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –Pastor Joe
Written by Golu Timothy, Abuja
Sunday, 12 July 2009 21:10

A clergy, Rev.Joseph Umaru is worried that most of those involved in corruption and related vices in Nigeria today are Christians, warning that the wrath of God will visit such people if they don't repent and change from their sinful ways.

The man of God also said it is time Nigerians appreciate the handwork of God who alone has kept this country as one and united despite the numerous crisis that would have consumed it.

Delivering a sermon yesterday at the church service, the head pastor of the Abuja-based Christ Commission Church International said, "It is shameful and worrisome that most of those who are corrupt in this country are Christians.

"Anytime people are caught, or a list is being brought out of corrupt persons, you discover that majority of them are Christians. Why can't they refrain from such ungodly practices and promote righteousness in the country.

The fear of God has gone out of them and unless they retrace their footsteps and repent, God will one day visit them with His wrath.

He also called on Christians to imbibe the religious discipline of the muslim faithfuls who are very committed and dedicated to the cause of their religion no matter how highly placed they are.

"It is not a hidden thing, the attitude of our Christian ' big men 'who only serve God at their personal convenience. You hardly see them in church whenever they become rich or when other forms of blessings are bestowed on them. Whenever they come to church, they come very late and would want every-body to know that they are around. That is ungodly and bad. It is an act of ingratitude.

"Look at our muslim brothers and how committed and serious they are whenever it is time to serve God. They don't play with prayers or going to the mosque at all. And once they are worshipping, they don't show biganism in any way. That is how service to God should be, with all your time, resources and mind."

The pastor said, "It is time our people think twice about God and become serious. It is time they stop being corrupt and work for the country. God has been so good to us Nigerians. Despite our heterogeneous nature and multiplicity of ethnicity, he still makes sure we are one. The smallest of crisis have consumed many countries and nations, but we are waxing stronger and stronger. We must appreciate God and be obedient to constituted authorities at all levels. That is what God expects of us at all times".

http://leadershipnigeria.com/index.php/news/headlines/3540-christians-are-the-most-corrupt-people-in-nigeria-pastor-joe
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by Horus(m): 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2009
A clergy, Rev.Joseph Umaru is worried that most of those involved in corruption and related vices in Nigeria today are Christians
grin

At least a clergy who is speaking the truth.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by ladygaga(f): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2009
true talk, thats because sme xtians r just bench warmers, they live their lives outside wht isin the bible
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by MrCrackles(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2009
GBAM! grin
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by Nezan(m): 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2009
I think it is wrong limiting corruption in Nigeria to Christians. Afterall, the father of corruption in Nigeria, IBB never proclaimed the Christian faith, neither was Abacha, and the rest of them.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by JeSoul(f): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2009
While from that article it appears 'Pastor Joe' is trying to pass a good message along, one cannot help but wonder about his rudimentary knowledge of christianity.

Does he not know that anyone who calls themselves a christian yet lives and acts in direct contradiction to the biblical definition is not one? I am bothered he still refers to them all as 'christians'.
And furthermore it is shady for him to call on these 'christians' follow the deceptive outward religious appearance of devoutness of our muslim friends that I suppose indicates to him 'true religion' - which I may remind Jesus warned strongly against.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by Maykelly(f): 3:12pm On Jul 13, 2009
ok. enuogh. What is the genealogy of Mohammed and ooo? any clue from u. Pls help is urgent
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2009
JeSoul:

While from that article it appears 'Pastor Joe' is trying to pass a good message along, one cannot help but wonder about his rudimentary knowledge of christianity.

Does he not know that anyone who calls themselves a christian yet lives and acts in direct contradiction to the biblical definition is not one? I am bothered he still refers to them all as 'christians'.
And furthermore it is shady for him to call on these 'christians' follow the deceptive outward religious appearance of devoutness of our muslim friends that I suppose indicates to him 'true religion' - which I may remind Jesus warned strongly against.
while i agree with your point i also believe you are playing the devil's advocate is that right?
I bet you understand what he is trying to say. . . . . .lets keep it at that if you do.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by JeSoul(f): 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2009
OMO IBO:

while i agree with your point i also believe you are playing the devil's advocate is that right?
I bet you understand what he is trying to say. . . . . .lets keep it at that if you do.

Yes I understand but in attempting to make his point he ends up misrepresenting christianity - this is what I have a problem with. Call them hypocrits, who claim to be christians, instead of throwing genuine, hardworking and quiet serving christians into the same corrupt boat.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by KunleOshob(m): 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2009
But christianity as a religion itself as been corrupted over the centuries and i am almost certain that pastor Joe himself is a part of the instituitionalized corruption.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by PastorAIO: 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2009
JeSoul:

Does he not know that anyone who calls themselves a christian yet lives and acts in direct contradiction to the biblical definition is not one? I am bothered he still refers to them all as 'christians'.

couple of things to add to this.

1 - Day by day that word christian is just getting cheaper and cheaper. We should just allow anybody who calls himself a christian and stop judging each other. Me for me, I'm just following my heart and what the spirit puts in me, I'm not looking at anybody else again.

2 - Good point about the outward appearance of devoutness of our muslim friends. I do not trust any religion that has too many outward signs of godliness. whitewash sepulchres, I say. Religion is not for demonstration. Let everybody be doing according to the heart and what is in the heart. No need for the show or parade.

3 - Maybe one day the word christian will become synonymous with hypocrisy just like today the word pharisee is synonymous with hypocrite.

I said a couple of things, but I put three. How generous.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by JeSoul(f): 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2009
Pastor AIO:

1 - Day by day that word christian is just getting cheaper and cheaper. We should just allow anybody who calls himself a christian and stop judging each other. Me for me, I'm just following my heart and what the spirit puts in me, I'm not looking at anybody else again.
So true and so sad.

3 - Maybe one day the word christian will become synonymous with hypocrisy just like today the word pharisee is synonymous with hypocrite.
I'm afraid that day may already be here. The Lord of heaven will not spare judgement on all those who have brought shame and disrepute to the name of Christ.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by muhsin(m): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2009
Gosh! grin
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by victorywise(m): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by GEW: 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
KunleOshob:

But christianity as a religion itself as been corrupted over the centuries and i am almost certain that pastor Joe himself is a part of the instituitionalized corruption.
i was doing rolll call t make sure u are present becos i know u dont miss opportunities like this.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by muhsin(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2009
victorywise:

I THINK PEOPLE ARE NOT TAKING A CLEAR LOOK AT THE WORD CHRISTIANITY. CHRISTIAN MEANS CHRIST LIKE. BUT NOW, WE DO'T HAVE CHRIST LIKE'S, WE ONLY HAVE CHURCH GOERS.

Uhum?
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by MrCrackles(m): 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2009
Topic
I dont really agree. . . . .
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by GEW: 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic
I dont really agree. . . . .

u have to agree becos shehu shagari, umaru dikko and the lovely kaduna and katsina maffias are all bible bashing christians.

nigerians and foolsihness.

i wonder how much the pastor got paid to say what he said
JeSoul:

Yes I understand but in attempting to make his point he ends up misrepresenting christianity - this is what I have a problem with. Call them hypocrits, who claim to be christians, instead of throwing genuine, hardworking and quiet serving christians into the same corrupt boat.
you know you are right.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by MrCrackles(m): 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
GEW:

u have to agree becos shehu shagari, umaru dikko and the lovely kaduna and katsina maffias are all bible bashing christians.
nigerians and foolsihness.

What are you waffling about?
I said i dont agree christians are the most corrupt people in Nigeria and you are chatting gobblydygooks. . . .Do i know u?
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by ttalks(m): 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2009
The said clergy/pastor is a very ignorant personality. He himself does not know what constitutes a christian .ie. He doesn't know what a christian is, hence his tirade.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by muhsin(m): 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2009
The whole things makes me laugh. grin
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by huxley2(m): 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2009
All the corrupt christians need do is ask for forgiveness after they have been corrupts. Then sit back and enjoy the fruits of their corruption. Did not god say that he will forgive anyone who repents of his sins?

God!!!, the bar of morality is really low when you are a Christians, no doubt Christian are so corruptible.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by GEW: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2009
huxley2:

All the corrupt christians need do is ask for forgiveness after they have been corrupts. Then sit back and enjoy the fruits of their corruption. Did not god say that he will forgive anyone who repents of his sins?

God!!!, the bar of morality is really low when you are a Christians, no doubt Christian are so corruptible.
confused.huxley
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by ladygaga(f): 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2009
i was doing rolll call t make sure u are present becos i know u dont miss opportunities like this.
loooooooooooooooooooooool grin grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
omo,u bad o grin
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by manmustwac(m): 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2009
I disagree with the poster. Christians are not the most corrupt people in nigeria. The vast majority of Nigerians are.
Re: Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Easy Self Treatment Of Blackmagic, Witchcraft, Evil Eye And Others / Final Coffin On The Virgin Birth Doctrine Of Demons / Where 2 Oceans Meet And Do Not Mix, Unbelivable Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.