Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC (1669 Views)

PDP Died Day Obasanjo Publicly Tore His Membership Card – Perry Opara / Barako Residents In Rivers Tore Wike's Image Into Pieces As They Decamp To APC / Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by 240naija(m): 8:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
Olisa Metuh at the Federal High Court, Abuja
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Friday disclosed that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) spokesperson, Olisa Metuh, tore the statement he wrote to his investigators because he had accepted that he received money and also because he had made reference to former Nigerian president, Goodluck Jonathan.
The EFCC, at the commencement of Metuh’s trial before Justice Ishaq Bello of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), said Metuh tore the statement on realizing that he had implicated himself by admitting that he received money from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA).
The PDP spokesman is standing trial on a three-count charge for allegedly destroying his statement and obstruction of investigation.
The first prosecution witness, Junaid Said, who was led in evidence by prosecution lawyer, Sylvanus Tahir, said he took statement from Metuh, who, he said, later tore a sheet of the four-sheet statement.
“My Lord, when he concluded writing his statement which was on four sheets of the EFCC statement form, I collected the statement and read over it. I then handed the statement over to my superiors – Musa and Wetkas. When I was handing over the statement, the defendant said he was surprised that he had written that much and that he felt he had given too much information.
“Because of the comment, I was worried I gave him the statement sheets one after the other for endorsement. He endorsed the first and second sheet, but he tore the third sheet. The third sheet was where the defendant (Metuh) disclosed that he received the money for PDP political activities, settle his personal needs and made reference to former President Goodluck Jonathan,” the witness told the court.

http://www.levitoday.com/2016/02/why-olisa-metuh-tore-his-statement-efcc.html

1 Like

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Lazyreporta(m): 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by ziccoit: 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
sometimes you would be wondering how we landed ourselves with these useless leaders in the first place. The leaders that are bonded by collective corruptible interests. Imagine a man who accidentally became a president successfully entrenched corruption in our system like it had never before in the history of this country.

1 Like

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
Jonathan sef

1 Like

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by tsephanyah(f): 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
because

1 Like

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Tunami(m): 8:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
polithiefcians.

1 Like

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Pavarottii(m): 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
Media trial goes on.
We are waiting to see the end.

I look at APC lies and propaganda like this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
Keneking:
Jonathan sef
tsephanyah:
because
Tunami:
polithiefcians.

EFCC needs you guys as witnesses
Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Tunami(m): 9:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

are they going to pay me?
Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
Tunami:
are they going to pay me?
No they will dash you one of those chief secondus cars

1 Like

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Tunami(m): 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

No they will dash you one of those chief secondus cars
tori for another day.

1 Like

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by tsephanyah(f): 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

witness reallylll about 90 million Nigerian live in abject poverty, and Nigeria is the only nation ever created by God that richest and corrupted just for fun I think or experiment

1 Like

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sorry about the car looks like you dont need it.
Tunami:
tori for another day.
Actually you are needed for commenting with a one liner,
Tunami:
polithiefcians.
Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
tsephanyah:
witness reallylll about 90 million Nigerian live in abject poverty, and Nigeria is the only nation ever created by God that richest and corrupted just for fun I think or experiment
You might be right, thats why we are used to suffering and smiling, nothing can break us.
Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Tunami(m): 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Sorry about the car looks like you dont need it.
Actually you are needed for commenting with a one liner,
free me like terry G

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
Tunami:
free me like terry G
You are freed
Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Tunami(m): 9:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
You are freed
hahaha. Kk
Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Gluckdude(m): 11:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
Does It mean this nitwits don't have any cctv camera in their interogation room to prove their pont? In the court of law it's just their word against his. No freaking prove he eat any damn paper.
Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by 9jatriot(m): 6:13am On Feb 27, 2016
Am not a lawyer but i think read somewhere that electronic recordings evidence are not yet admissible in court in Nigeria. Don't take my word for it though, let d lawyers confirm.
Gluckdude:
Does It mean this nitwits don't have any cctv camera in their interogation room to prove their pont? In the court of law it's just their word against his. No freaking prove he eat any damn paper.

1 Like

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by diasporaman(m): 6:36am On Feb 27, 2016
Let's see how it goes

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:46am On Feb 27, 2016
Endtime EFCC with endtime Metuh tearing endtime statement paper.
Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:51am On Feb 27, 2016
Pavarottii:
Media trial goes on.
We are waiting to see the end.

I look at APC lies and propaganda like this.
So that is you in the picture, you and you fellow jonathanians are clowns, but we thank God that most Nigerians are not like you, if not the cancer called PDP would have persisted.

1 Like

Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by IVORY2009(m): 7:05am On Feb 27, 2016
Propaganda propaganda he don start again oooo, shocked
Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by Ekehwinz: 7:15am On Feb 27, 2016
i will start taking this said corruption fight serious when i see people going to jail. For now, its all propaganda.
Re: Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC by funlord(m): 7:17am On Feb 27, 2016
grin

No! Maybe his atm pin was mistakenly written on the paper!

Meanwhile why the efcc officers no burn am one nuclear slap as he started ripping the paper? The pain for slow am down!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths! Let's Come Together And Form Our Own Political Party / I Stand With Saraki / Why Blame President Buhari For The Herdsmen Outrageous Killing In Some State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.