Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ (48605 Views)

I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari / Militants Playing Football On Benin-Lagos Expressway - Ehiwario Jude (Video,Pic) / God Bless GEJ. You Are The Best. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by luke10: 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
obailala:
I keep wondering the kind of school some jonathan worshippers went to. Since when has the word 'NEW' become so ambiguous that hordes of people cannot comprehend it's meaning anymore?

Very senseless. Your Osinbade abi osunibadon is a professor and Buhari.....abeg rubbish too many.

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by PoliticalThuG(m): 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2016
lakeside30:

Your name definately says who u are
who am i?
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by AreaFada2: 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2016
Many people who castigate Jonathan do so from ethno-centric "na we get 9ja" position.

If you travelled on that road about 8 to 10 years ago and spent 12 hours from Berger to University of Benin, you will appreciate GEJ's work.

That road has never been as good as it was around 1990. Until the last few years.

Many NLers are Jambites. The most they remember is Abdusalam Abubakar's govt. grin

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by gists: 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
obailala:
I dont hate him but I cant stand the irrational hype he gets from his worshipers when in reality, he was just a failure, a pathetic failure especially when considering the revenue he had compared with the past.

All over the place we keep hearing strange propaganda about how the man was exceptionally wonderful in road construction and bla bla and I keep wondering how such deceit could sink so deep into the hearts of people even long after elections. I just keep wondering where these roads are becuase when I do a little retrospection, even the much vilified obj completed more roads as I can remember but propaganda has totally swept that fact under the carpet.

Oh yes GEJ only fixed a very terrible portion of the road which saves a lot of headache for travellers, he didnt revamp the entire road as you claim because more than half of the road is still bad (i.e. between Ore and sagamu), however, even the useless OBJ completed the dualisation of the asaba to benin road, built a brand new 25km benin bypass (which cuts 2-3hours for travellers by avoiding benin city) and also built a bit of the benin shagamu road stretching almost close to Ore but I dont think he deserves any special praise because he obviously could have done more. So my point is that I find it strange that the very same people who claim obj is an imp are the ones claiming gej is a god for rehabilitating a less than 30km portion of this road.

Once again, I do not hate GEJ, rather I am disgusted by the hype.
Let me refresh their memory:
Ministry of Works spends N274.7b on roads , others
Date:2007-01-11

. . . . . He said under the Obasanjo administration, resources have been applied judiciously in the execution of the projects, with emphasis on economic value of roads, their contribution to national integration, economic development and commercial mobility as the main criteria for project selection.

Ojaba listed some of the dualised roads to include, Ibadan, Ife, Benin-Asaba, Mile 3 Diobua – Port Harcourt Airport road with spur to Eagle Island residential layout, Rivers State.

Others are Benin Bypass dualisation of Kaduna Refinery road, Onitsha, Owerri Road, Abuja – Nyanya, Keffi, Ibadan, Ilorin, Benin, Warri, Lagos, Offa, Abeokuta and Kaduna Eastern By pass.

The ministry spokeman added that some bridges have been rehabilitated and strengthened. Among those are the Niger Bridge in Onitsha, the new Nukkai bridge replaces the one that collapsed in Jalingo, Taraba State in 2005.

Source: http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=8170
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by ozy4christ(f): 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
lumydee44:

Praise them if they improve quality of life...all i'm trying to point out is good roads are supposed to be a norm in a civilized environment. How has the benin=ore road affected that poor farmer that has never left his village in kano or anyother state. Don't praise them for meager projects, they need to start thinking about how to impact individuals life, of what good are roads if the lives of the citizens are not secure. I remember driving on that same road and i don't remember seeing any provision for streetlights which out to have been in the initial planning. Don't thank them like they are doing you a favor.
all am saying is that praise them 4 d ones they did after all dia are many of them didnt do anything ,eat all d public fund yet nothing happens to dem.i kw its there duty,even God kws its his right 2 bless us yet when he blesses we thankd and praisd him but remembr even if we didnt thank him,he wil stil bless us.so learn how 2 appreciate ppl whether its ur right or ur left.
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by DifferentBoy1(m): 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
The good things my Brother did are speaking for him now.

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Laid2001: 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
EACH TIME I PASS LAGOS-IBADAN ROAD, IBADAN-OYO ROAD OR EVEN PATANI MBIAMA ROAD,
I AM ALWAYS SAYING GOD PUNISH GEJ FOR ALL THE STEALING RATHER THAN COMPLETING ROAD REHABILITATIONS STARTED BY OBJ.
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Laid2001: 5:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
TELL US ONE WHO DIDNT DO ANYTHING!

THERE IS NON OF THEM WHO DID NOT DO ANYTHING. EVEN BABANGIDA BUILT THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE AND ABUJA.

ozy4christ:
all am saying is that praise them 4 d ones they did after all dia are many of them didnt do anything ,eat all d public fund yet nothing happens to dem.i kw its there duty,even God kws its his right 2 bless us yet when he blesses we thankd and praisd him but remembr even if we didnt thank him,he wil stil bless us.so learn how 2 appreciate ppl whether its ur right or ur left.
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by sleazy5(m): 5:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
obailala:
I wasnt only referring to you, I was also calling out the numerous folks who have been calling the VP a liar all because they can't comprehend elementary English language.

And yes, if you so much agree that the VP wasnt lying, I'm yet to understand what you implied by your first sentence, "I don't really know what VP Osinbajo is saying about GEJ not building any road". The VP clearly said, 'new road' and not 'any road.'

And finally, did you really ask what we needed New Road Paths for? shocked You probably never travelled between the east and Lagos before 2003 when there was nothing like the Benin bypass.

I don't mean to derail this thread. But your statement about people comprehending simple English got me thinking.... Did people understood GEJ when he said "stealing is not corruption"? I think not. I guess politicians ought to speak clearly and not ambiguously. Why would I have to bother myself with trying to discern the mind if the VP when he said the word "new" when I already understand him

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by kenchylala: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
obailala:
Jonathanians never get tired of extolling the almost zero virtues of their god even long after election. grin Imagine opening a whole new thread to celebrate the patching of a bad portion of a very long road, and one would think the man even fixed this road with his pocket money.

U neva travel that road before. Now dats a new road, I ve been on.that road 80's n 90's so say something else n sell ur dictionary buy sense

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by survival1(m): 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
Have people ask why is it that it's only Benin-Ore road and not Sagamu-Ore or any other on that axis. That was the work Of Adams on his first tenure I got to know years back on my way to Warri from Lagos. That is the only good portion on that axis because after Benin is zero.
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by aresa: 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
shocker007:

Patching of a bad portion you say?
Come on man, Don't tell me you hate him this much.
GEJ revamped the whole road man.

...but Revamped and New have 2 different meanings.

You are basically proving his point while trying to defend the crooked, corrupt and incompetent man Nigerians rejected and kicked out of office.

The looted and shared #Dasukigate funds GEJ stole and gave to Dasuki to share is enough to build many new roads.

You people represent the saddest and most odious side of Nigeria and with you or without you, Nigeria remains unstoppable.

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Asiri1991: 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
Istandwithbuhari
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by NICENEDU29: 5:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
doctokwus:
So if u say God bless GEJ for Benin-Ore road,do u now say God cursed him several times over for abandoning Lagos-Ibadan road,Okenne-Lokoja rd,Onitsha enugu rd,Aba.-Okigwe rd and several other abandoned roads that has led to the deaths of hundreds?
Even Port Harcourt-Owerri road and Aba-Port Harcourt road
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by maum: 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
lumydee44:
Don't praise them for doing their job, not like he did it out of his pocket...We are entitled to good roads, don't worship them when they do 5%outta 100%

Thing is though, how many governments did do it even though it was what they ought to have? Who in Nigeria that travelled to Lagos from the South doesn't know what that road was like, especially Ore part of the road?

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by aresa: 5:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
sleazy5:

I don't mean to derail this thread. But your statement about people comprehending simple English got me thinking.... Did people understood GEJ when he said "stealing is not corruption"? I think not. I guess politicians ought to speak clearly and not ambiguously. Why would I have to bother myself with trying to discern the mind if the VP when he said the word "new" when I already understand him

We actually did and he proved and backed that statements with more corrupt utterances like stealing and corruption was our perception and not reality and also with go ahead and steal and I won't jail you attitude and also when he asserted that Nwobodu shouldn't have been jailed because he didn't steal enough to warrant any jail time when many poor Nigerians have been jailed for stealing common cell phone.

We saw a president who vigorously refused to lift a finger on behalf of killed unemployed and scammed young Nigerian job seekers, he refused to return their money or even punish the criminals involved and the sad list goes on and on and we are still getting bombarded with daily revelations of the shameful and embarrassing wholesale and institutionalized corruption he condoned and facilitated.

So, yes we know exactly what he meant, he's corrupt, he condoned and supervised corruption from top to bottom..
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Bizibi(m): 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
I am beginning to dislike Yorubas on this platform......never knew they were this tribal

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 27, 2016
VP has Mad Cow Disease

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by aresa: 5:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
Bizibi:
I am beginning to dislike Yorubas on this platform......never knew they were this tribal

Bizibi:
she is not the type that can boldly make right decisions.......I was expecting them to bring in mr soludo

Tribal like when your ibo kinsman dey better than the Yoruba finance minister...bah?

And who cares if you like or hate Yoruba people? Den dey take that won withdraw money for bank or put akpu on your table?

Tribal hypocrite...
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by orgy: 5:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
Pls has the VP at any time (before, during and after GEJ administration) travelled on this road?
I now frequently go to Onitsha from Lagos almost every week and d journey now is 5hrs instead of 18hr - 24hr (depending on the mood of Ore)
That road is not yet perfect but methink VP is not informed, hence deformed.....

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by aresa: 6:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
orgy:
Pls has the VP at any time (before, during and after GEJ administration) travelled on this road?
I now frequently go to Onitsha from Lagos almost every week and d journey now is 5hrs instead of 18hr - 24hr (depending on the mood of Ore)
That road is not yet perfect but methink VP is not informed, hence deformed.....

You are misinformed and uneducated since you obviously don't know the meaning of the word NEW..
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
lumydee44:

You said this cos you're a PDP fanatic, Be optimistic bro, Nigeria doesn't belong to a political party, She belongs to the people. Please don't anticipate failure because your party isn't ruling. I just want a better Nigeria.
Am not a pdp fanatics especially after oshiomole messed up. I had high expectation from him but he bleeped up, same applies to aregbese
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
shocker007:
I don't really know what VP Osinbajo is saying about GEJ not building any new road, but if you are familiar with Benin-Ore road before now.
We know this roads can take hours of our time to travel on.
But ever since GEJ worked on it. The road is a bliss till today and i can't but keep saying God will bless that man.

Except if the VP meant Creating a New Road Path and not Revamping the already destroyed ones.
Even as at that, what do we need New Road Path for? undecided

I only wish Politics isn't played this way and people get to work more than they talk.

Read well,he said new roads not renovating old ones -Is Benin ore road a new road?
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Amalision: 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
The VP saying that late Yar dua/ Jonathan did not build any road is the biggest lie ever. The road from Abakiliki in Ebonyi state to Mbok junction in Ogoja, Cross River State was awarded by Yar dua and completed by Jonathan. Those who ply that road in as student of Federal Science College, Ogoja, Cross River State between 2002 to 2005 can tell more about the devastating nature of the road where u will be socked in dust then but if ply it now u will wonder why the VP as pastor for that matter will be just lying to just to discredit previous government.

1 Like

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by aresa: 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2016
Amalision:
The VP saying that late Yar dua/ Jonathan did not build any road is the biggest lie ever. The road from Abakiliki in Ebonyi state to Mbok junction in Ogoja, Cross River State was awarded by Yar dua and completed by Jonathan. Those who ply that road in as student of Federal Science College, Ogoja, Cross River State between 2002 to 2005 can tell more about the devastating nature of the road where u will be socked in dust then but if ply it now u will wonder why the VP as pastor for that matter will be just lying to just to discredit previous government.

New Road is the keyword.

Learn how to read and comprehend...
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Akaujaa(m): 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
what about when you travel on the Enugu-Onutsha express road?
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by grandstar(m): 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
The money earned duing GEJ's administration could have fixed all the federal roads to high standards.

Akpabio launched operation zero pot holes if I am correct and Jonathan should have done the same for federal roads.

The Chinese would even have provided 100% contract financing for the full scale repairs of these roads.

The money wasted on petrol subsidies alone could have achieved this without having the government resort to borrowing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by dictbennie(m): 6:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
obailala:
I dont hate him but I cant stand the irrational hype he gets from his worshipers when in reality, he was just a failure, a pathetic failure especially when considering the revenue he had compared with the past.

All over the place we keep hearing strange propaganda about how the man was exceptionally wonderful in road construction and bla bla and I keep wondering how such deceit could sink so deep into the hearts of people even long after elections. I just keep wondering where these roads are becuase when I do a little retrospection, even the much vilified obj completed more roads as I can remember but propaganda has totally swept that fact under the carpet.

Oh yes GEJ only fixed a very terrible portion of the road which saves a lot of headache for travellers, he didnt revamp the entire road as you claim because more than half of the road is still bad (i.e. between Ore and sagamu), however, even the useless OBJ completed the dualisation of the asaba to benin road, built a brand new 25km benin bypass (which cuts 2-3hours for travellers by avoiding benin city) and also built a bit of the benin shagamu road stretching almost close to Ore but I dont think he deserves any special praise because he obviously could have done more. So my point is that I find it strange that the very same people who claim obj is an imp are the ones claiming gej is a god for rehabilitating a less than 30km portion of this road.

Once again, I do not hate GEJ, rather I am disgusted by the hype.

Which Asaba-Benin road please? Stop misinforming people here....that is one of the worst roads in this country..
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Menzy86(m): 6:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
Amanwulu1:
wht sense does it make to abandone ur existing but dilapidated roads to create new ones jst to score political point? Fyi, osinbanjo is a prof and as such too inteligent to imply what u're wnt to allude that he said. He's not dat dumb I believe.
we r not trying to make sense sense here. We trying to decipher a simple statement. Facts always hurt but the trutth is what he spoke. Continue being clever by half.
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Otigba1: 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
I love this country called Nigeria. When a governor or president does what he or she is expected to do we praise him or her. Regarding the Benin -Ore road. Going back memory lane. I returned from the USA in 1979. That was when Lagos-Benin 300km road was built. It didn't take 16years to construct a virgin road. 16 years after the PDP govt was able to resurface 100km Benin Ore. The balance of over 200km Ore -Lagos is still pending. Here we are praising GEJ for resurfacing 100km. Recently I drove from Port Elizabeth in South Africa to Cape Town a distance of 750 km. Never saw a pot hole. Here we are beating our chest because one of our own resurfaced 100km of road built 16years ago
Re: Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ by Mrjo(m): 6:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
keyzid:

what about those who refused to do their jobs since ascending the post.? should we just sit down and look at them while things are going for the worst. Even an employer who gets paid for his work gets some quantity of appraisal for an achievement.
dont mind him, messi play soccer and collect award after bonus and allowances

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayose Reacts To Shooting At APC Rally, Blasts Fayemi / Nnamdi Kanu: UK To Provide Consular Assistance To IPOB Leader / Patience Jonathan Looks Good In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.