Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,030 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. (9212 Views)

Peace Ibiyeomie Of Salvation Ministries Showers Widows With Christmas Gifts. Pix / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by malvisguy212: 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
Can we really understand the trinity ? We can't , how can a finite being understand an infinite God ? Our responsibility is to believe what God has said about Himself.

The old testament prove the fact that there is ONLY ONE GOD. Isreal is surrounded with many nation that worship different gods. God people needed to know that there is only ONE GOD:

Deut. 6:4
"Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God is ONE LORD"

This verse give two details about God. 1. The nature of God (God's ONENESS) and 2. Jehovah is the only God.The old testament emphasizing of the UNITY of God, is not silent with respect to
the PLURALITY of God's Nature. The old testament lay the groundwork for the new testament revelation.

The hebrew word for God is Elohim, plural in form."In the beginning God CREATED" (Genesis 1:1). God is the omnipotent CREATOR! The name for "God" found in Genesis 1:1 is the Hebrew word "ELOHIM" the ending of this word (..IM) is a plural ending,(more than one) just like our english language "S" is the ending word for plural. For example:

1. CHERUBIM (Exodus 25:18-20)
2. SERAPHIM (Isaiah 6:2,6)
3. TERAPHIM(judges 17:5)

The words end with IM , they are plural in form. In Genesis 1:1 the verb "CREATED" is a
SINGULAR verb, and it means "HE (singular)
CREATED." Two answers may be given to the
question, "Who created the heavens and the
earth?"
1. HE DID (singular) because the verb means
"HE CREATED." The verb does not mean
"THEY CREATED."
2. GOD DID (plural) because the word
ELOHIM is a plural word!

So, there is a sense in which God the Creator is
singular. There is only ONE God and He is the
Creator. There is no other God. It is also true
that there is a sense in which He is plural. This
brings us to our next point:

PLURAL UNITY OF GOD.
Deuteronomy 6:4 says: "Hear, O Israel: The
LORD [singular] our God [ELOHIM-plural] is ONE Lord."

God is Love, if God is two, our Love will be DIVIDED and one will not Get our full devotion. So YES, God is ONE and He deserve our Full attention.

The Hebrew word"ONE"found in Deuteronomy 6:4 is a word that can be used to describe a
plural (composite) UNITY (a unity made up of
more than one component). For Example in Genesis 11:5 "Behold, the PEOPLE IS ONE." The
people (plural) at Babel were united together as ONE. It was a UNITY, but it was made up of
many people (a plural unity).

Another example is in Genesis 2:24 where the same word "one" is found: "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother and shall cleave unto his wife and they shall be one flesh." Here we have a plural unity. It is a ONENESS made up of two persons" a husband and a wife" They (plural) shall be one (singular) flesh. The two are one.

Just as Genesis 11:5 speaks of a plural unity
(many people being ONE), and just as Genesis
2:24 speaks of a plural unity (two people being
ONE), so also Deuteronomy 6:4 describes God
who is a PLURAL UNITY. Later we will learn that this plural unity is actually a TRI-UNITY.

In Isaiah 6:8 , we have a threefold
declaration of God's holiness: "And one cried
unto another, and said, HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is
the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His
glory" (Isaiah 6:3). we learn elsewhere in Scripture, namely that 1) God the Father is Holy (John 17:11); 2) God the Son is Holy (Heb. 7:26 and compare Luke 1:35); 3) God the Holy Spirit is Holy (as His very Name declares)

In Genesis , God is repeatedly mention as the creator, and in Genesis 1:2 we saw how the Holy spirit is actively involve " was moving in the face of the water. And in john 1:1 we understand that the Word (jesus) was God and everything were created through Him.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by malvisguy212: 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
The Work of the Triune God in Salvation 1. THE FATHER He planned our salvation (Rom. 8:28-31). He sent His Son (1 John 4:9-10). He gave His Son (John 3:16; Rom.8:32). 2. THE SON He did the actual WORK of salvation (John 17:4;19:30). He was the Great Saviour (Titus 2:13-14). He died to provide salvation (1 Tim. 2:6). 3. THE HOLY SPIRIT He gives the saved person a NEW LIFE (2 Cor. 3:6). He gives the saved person a NEW BIRTH (John 3:5; Tit. 3:5). He garnishes and makes the sinner beautiful by placing him IN CHRIST (2 Cor. 5:17), and thus He provides him with the beautiful garments of redemption, sanctification and justification (1 Cor. 6:11, and see 1 Cor. 1:30).

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by Gayjesus: 11:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
Genesis had nothing to do with God. It is nothing but mixing up of human genes and creating slave race.

1 Like

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by malvisguy212: 6:21am On Feb 28, 2016
Gayjesus:
Genesis had nothing to do with God. It is nothing but mixing up of human genes and creating slave race.
what ? Explain.

1 Like

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by Gayjesus: 7:13am On Feb 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
what ? Explain.

Genesis was about greed and manipulation of humans. It spoke of men with lion heads, some living longer lives,atomic weapons used on cities etc. Didn't you read them yourself?

1 Like

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by reallest(f): 7:29am On Feb 28, 2016
Am highly interested in this thread but I have nothing to say now,because all I see here is some quote from one story book

3 Likes

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by malvisguy212: 8:06am On Feb 28, 2016
Gayjesus:

Genesis was about greed and manipulation of humans. It spoke of men with lion heads, some living longer lives,atomic weapons used on cities etc. Didn't you read them yourself?
thank you for your contribution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by malvisguy212: 8:07am On Feb 28, 2016
reallest:
Am highly interested in this thread but I have nothing to say now,because all I see here is some quote from one story book
alright.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by malvisguy212: 10:10am On Feb 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
Can we really understand the trinity ? We can't , how can a finite being understand an infinite God ? Our responsibility is to believe what God has said about Himself.

The old testament prove the fact that there is ONLY ONE GOD. Isreal is surrounded with many nation that worship different gods. God people needed to know that there is only ONE GOD:

Deut. 6:4
"Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God is ONE LORD"

This verse give two details about God. 1. The nature of God (God's ONENESS) and 2. Jehovah is the only God.The old testament emphasizing of the UNITY of God, is not silent with respect to
the PLURALITY of God's Nature. The old testament lay the groundwork for the new testament revelation.

The hebrew word for God is Elohim, plural in form."In the beginning God CREATED" (Genesis 1:1). God is the omnipotent CREATOR! The name for "God" found in Genesis 1:1 is the Hebrew word "ELOHIM" the ending of this word (..IM) is a plural ending,(more than one) just like our english language "S" is the ending word for plural. For example:

1. CHERUBIM (Exodus 25:18-20)
2. SERAPHIM (Isaiah 6:2,6)
3. TERAPHIM(judges 17:5)

The words end with IM , they are plural in form. In Genesis 1:1 the verb "CREATED" is a
SINGULAR verb, and it means "HE (singular)
CREATED." Two answers may be given to the
question, "Who created the heavens and the
earth?"
1. HE DID (singular) because the verb means
"HE CREATED." The verb does not mean
"THEY CREATED."
2. GOD DID (plural) because the word
ELOHIM is a plural word!

So, there is a sense in which God the Creator is
singular. There is only ONE God and He is the
Creator. There is no other God. It is also true
that there is a sense in which He is plural. This
brings us to our next point:

PLURAL UNITY OF GOD.
Deuteronomy 6:4 says: "Hear, O Israel: The
LORD [singular] our God [ELOHIM-plural] is ONE Lord."

God is Love, if God is two, our Love will be DIVIDED and one will not Get our full devotion. So YES, God is ONE and He deserve our Full attention.

The Hebrew word"ONE"found in Deuteronomy 6:4 is a word that can be used to describe a
plural (composite) UNITY (a unity made up of
more than one component). For Example in Genesis 11:5 "Behold, the PEOPLE IS ONE." The
people (plural) at Babel were united together as ONE. It was a UNITY, but it was made up of
many people (a plural unity).

Another example is in Genesis 2:24 where the same word "one" is found: "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother and shall cleave unto his wife and they shall be one flesh." Here we have a plural unity. It is a ONENESS made up of two persons" a husband and a wife" They (plural) shall be one (singular) flesh. The two are one.

Just as Genesis 11:5 speaks of a plural unity
(many people being ONE), and just as Genesis
2:24 speaks of a plural unity (two people being
ONE), so also Deuteronomy 6:4 describes God
who is a PLURAL UNITY. Later we will learn that this plural unity is actually a TRI-UNITY.

In Isaiah 6:8 , we have a threefold
declaration of God's holiness: "And one cried
unto another, and said, HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is
the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His
glory" (Isaiah 6:3). we learn elsewhere in Scripture, namely that 1) God the Father is Holy (John 17:11); 2) God the Son is Holy (Heb. 7:26 and compare Luke 1:35); 3) God the Holy Spirit is Holy (as His very Name declares)

In Genesis , God is repeatedly mention as the creator, and in Genesis 1:2 we saw how the Holy spirit is actively involve " was moving in the face of the water. And in john 1:1 we understand that the Word (jesus) was God and everything were created through Him.
Cc lalasticala, seun.
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by thamoswonder: 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
Trinity of God
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by ayusco85(m): 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
ok
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by herkeym001(m): 8:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
please go read the poster 5 steps below me, I like hin comment small.
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by edwardgunju(m): 8:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
Oh Boy!!! shocked
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by Sunnycliff(m): 8:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
I strongly believe in the Trinity. And without the existence of the Tribune Godhead my faith is baseless and worthless. I believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. They are Co eternal, Co existent and Co equal!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
K
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by weedcrusha: 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by gbaskiboy: 8:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
I only know of One God, in which Jesus christ refers to as Our Father.... Any believe apart from this is man made inventions to lead people astray... Pardon me if am being sarcastic....grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by lekjons(m): 8:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
thats one of the reasons muslims says we worship jesus..

There is nothing like trinity for christ sake!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by Flexherbal(m): 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
God is one.
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by omostar: 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Really ?
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by FuckTheMod: 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Je suis
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
Gayjesus:

Matthew 5:17

◄ Matthew 5:17 ►
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by sarutobie(m): 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
Here we go again...
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by BlessedSpirit: 8:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
1John5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one"
Gensis1:2b-3 "And the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) moved upon the face of the waters. And God (God the Father) said (the Word, Jesus Christ, John1: 1-3), Let there be light: and there was light"

7 Likes

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by seggzz(m): 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
“Trinity” is not found in Scripture. Of course, there is no verse that says “God is three Persons” or “God is a Trinity.” This is all evident and true, but it proves nothing. There are many words and phrases that Christians use, which are not found in the Bible. For example, the word “Bible” is not found in the Bible. 

Read the following verses;

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name [singular] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit". [Matthew 28:19 ].

"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ , and the love of God , and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all". [2 Corinthians 13:14 ].

"To God’s elect...who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father , through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood". [1 Peter 1:1-2 ].

More verses:
Romans 14:17-18 ; 15:16 ; 1 Corinthians 2:2-5 ; 6:11 ; 12:4-6 ; 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 ; Galatians 4:6 ;Ephesians 2:18-22 ; 3:14-19 ;Ephesians 4:4-6 ; Colossians 1:6-8 ;1Thessalonians 1:3-5 ; 2Thessalonians 2:13-14 ; Titus 3:4-6. 

The word, "Trinity" is a pagan addition. How christianity is a unifying factor while there is no unified acceptance of the bible? You see some Bible having canonical chapters just like Catholic Bible but others doesn't. Just so much confusonists.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by piagetskinner(m): 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
I believe in the trinity.... God the father, God the son, and God the holy spirit

Just like water exists in 3 forms solid liquid and gas (I. e vapour) it doesn't make one state greater than the other, because they all exist as water. And serve different functions by virtue of the state they exist in.

In essence God is one!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by PenSniper: 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2016
FuckTheMod:
Je suis
m

I am
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by adetounblessing(f): 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2016
You are right... there is nothing like trinity just the same God operating in three offices

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by ifenes(m): 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2016
There is no trinity. It was a lie cooked up by the Vatican. When the Bible was created in 325AD Constantine had 1700 Scholars help him create the Bible. Once the Bible was created 1400 Scholars violently rebelled the creation of this Book. Emporer Constantine had the 1400 Scholars Executed, the last 300 remaining Scholars agreed under the fear of death to create this book.

What happens next is absolute Sacriledge, the Spanish Inquisition was created, anyone who denied the Church and Jesus Christ was to be put to death, so free will was under attack again. Many men , women and children we burned at the stake, many mavericks , many spiritual Healers, many midwives, many scholars, many scientists, many great thinkers,for not accepting trinity and Jesus as their savior. I don't understand how this topic reached front page!

3 Likes

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
ifenes:
There is no trinity. It was a lie cooked up by the Vatican.

The dilettante of conspiracy theory ... have you discovered the origin of the annunaki yet ? cheesy
Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
Sunnycliff:
I strongly believe in the Trinity. And without the existence of the Tribune Godhead my faith is baseless and worthless. I believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. They are Co eternal, Co existent and Co equal!

Look here read your bible well...God is the Head of that family, His creative force and His son make are not any where close to the father.

2 Likes

Re: The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
The Work of the Triune God in Salvation
1. THE FATHER
He planned our salvation (Rom. 8:28-31).
He sent His Son (1 John 4:9-10).
He gave His Son (John 3:16; Rom.8:32).
2. THE SON
He did the actual WORK of salvation (John
17:4;19:30).
He was the Great Saviour (Titus 2:13-14).
He died to provide salvation (1 Tim. 2:6).
3. THE HOLY SPIRIT
He gives the saved person a NEW LIFE (2 Cor.
3:6).
He gives the saved person a NEW BIRTH (John
3:5; Tit. 3:5).
He garnishes and makes the sinner beautiful by
placing him IN CHRIST (2 Cor. 5:17), and thus He
provides him with the beautiful garments of
redemption, sanctification and justification (1
Cor. 6:11, and see 1 Cor. 1:30).
You Christians are just so obsessed with Jesus. Instead of focusing on the MESSAGE, you people placed priorities on the MESSENGER. THIS IS BLASPHEMY! And on the last day, Jesus himself will deny you people because he won't allow you people put him in trouble.
Jesus Christ is not God. Jesus christ is only a messenger of God almighty.
stop deceiving yourselves with bullshıts and go and look for the truth Jesus talked about. You Christians are just hypocrites. You condemned many laws of the old testament. Jesus never condemned the laws, in fact, he said that he came for the fulfillment of the Mosaic laws:
Mathew 5:17-20 reads:
“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one
jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least
commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be
called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but
whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.”
These are Jesus’ words, from his lips. But what did Christians say? What do they believe? Do they talk about the fulfillment of these laws?
They better be because if they don’t, according to Jesus, “they shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven”.
Jesus teaches the unity of God; the oneness of God. In
the 12th chapter of Mark, it was reported that a man came to Jesus and asked him: “which is the first of the commandments”? and Jesus answered: “The first of all the
commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord.”
Yet, most Christians says

Jesus is God. It’s an amazing
situation. Jesus says: The Lord our God is one Lord; Christians says: no, it is the trinity in the god-head. Contradicting the message of Jesus. Nowhere from the lips of Jesus, did he utter trinity! And that is the core problem of the churches: they preach what Jesus never preached. In fact, Christianity went on deifying Jesus. They say Jesus walked down the Palestine as a divine being.
The question here is, did he says he is God? Did he claim to be God? Did he says am god worship me? There is not in any version of the bible where explicitly Jesus says
listen everybody: I am god! He never make such claims.
In fact, he rebukes such claims.
In Mark, 10 and Luke 18, when a certain ruler asked
him, what to do to inherit the eternal life, Jesus says to him: “Why callest thou me good?
none is good, save one, that is, God. He didn’t even want
to be called good much less god. But did the christians
follow this instruction? Not at all! In fact, they called him god.
I wonder if Jesus was present today how he is
gonna react to this blasphemy. Probably too tense. As a Prophet and a messenger of Allah , Jesus explicitly
declares in the 8th chapter of john: "I have not come on my
own; but he (God) sent me."
He says further, “my father is greather than I.” Jesus’ mission was to convey the message given to him by his
Lord. He was no more than a messenger. He says:
I can't of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge:
and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own
will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

The teaching of Jesus is not something new; it’s a kind of transition from the earlier teachings beginning with
Abraham. If we take prayer for example, how the
previous prophets pray to God, we will witness a clear consistency in their message.
The bible tells us: quote:
“And Abraham fell on his face and pray” genesis 17:3,
and moses and Aron fell on their faces and prayed
(numbers 20:6) and Jesus fell on his face and prayed
Mathew 26:38).
And that is excatly how Muhammad SAW prayed and the whole muslim world prays like that. The christians don’t pray like that though.

They have their own kind of worship. Who is really trying to imitate Jesus? Christians or Muslims?
And that is the main problem of christianity: its not a religion of Jesus; it’s the religion constructed about Jesus. The message of Jesus is Islamic in every sense: believing in one God, he never mention the mystery of trinity; that
he’s a preacher, teacher, messenger and no more; that salvation rests by keeping the commandments; and son.
In fact even his diet isn't christian, Jesus’ diet is islamic
as he didn’t eat pig he kills over 2000 pigs says the bible.
For we believe that Jesus was a muslim; and his message is islam.
Little wonder that on his second coming he is going to
rejects the christians for they misunderstood him and his message.
The bible tell us in the 7th chapter of Mathew:
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out
devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus is going to rebuke the christians, and this is in consequence of the diversion in christianity from the real message.
Its like a dialectic between the 2billion Christians and Jesus.
Christians are more concerned with the one who did the
preaching than what he preached.
It’s a kind of shift from the message to the messenger. And when this
kind of shift happens, problems and misunderstanding emerged. If the emphases is in the preacher, racial pride and nationalism come into play.
You cant value the message if you’re too obsessed from
where it comes from. Jesus pray to God; christians
pray to Jesus. Christianity is a religion of Paul(the confusionist) constructed against Jesus.
Jesus was a Muslim and hisreligion was Islam in every sense.
It is just also very painful that the BIBLE OF TODAY HAS BEEN SERIOUSLY DOCTORED. FILLED WITH ERRORS, INCONSISTENCIES AND IT'S SO CONFUSING sad
OPEN YOUR EYES BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Church Evangelism Group Were Caught Doing In Public (photos) / Ailing Sonny Okosun Seeks Help In India / Crossover 2016 Prayer Point And Scriptures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.