Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,401 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) (63819 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / A Live Alligator For Harvest Thanksgiving In Anglican Church, Warri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 11:32am On Feb 28, 2016
Yes, No sex before marriage is good but honestly it is outdated to not understand your partners sexuality before marriage. Worse is that some impotent people hide under the guise of born again to deceive other innocent people into marriages. Now when you finally end up with a barren or impotent partner, the same church will tell you that you must never divorce. Hell no.

i concur with this premise. say yes to sex before marriage. test run the engine before buying to avoid stories that touch the heart.................... cool cool
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
You're right with the bolded.The question is why don't the people who cry foul with the church not accepting pregnancy follow this way that you've shown here?Why do they want to come to the church building to have the program there?

Can you blame them? From what I observed, the church will not recognise that marriage unless it is done in the church.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:
Yes, No sex before marriage is good but honestly it is outdated to not understand your partners sexuality before marriage. Worse is that some impotent people hide under the guise of born again to deceive other innocent people into marriages. Now when you finally end up with a barren or impotent partner, the same church will tell you that you must never divorce. Hell no.

i concur with this premise. say yes to sex before marriage. test run the engine before buying to avoid stories that touch the heart.................... cool cool

This has to be the biggest lie ever
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Reference(m): 11:37am On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
Stop promoting fornication
It is not compulsory to get married in church.Noone will force you to.If you decide to get married in church then you ought to do the right thing.You ought to know (and should know) that pregnancy is not allowed so why bring the pregnancy there?
Have you traditional marriage and go to the registry,chikena..

What is it about women, God/church things, perceived discrimination and the quest to change, disobey, undermine or rebel against rules and authority. You say the church is wrong to put garment before humanity but here you are putting garment before church, marraige and humanity. Why are most women so bogged down by their mentality and are serious slaves to themselves.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 11:38am On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

This has to be the biggest lie ever

says who? in this era of deception?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by goldbim(f): 11:41am On Feb 28, 2016
captianfreeman:

Abeg what is Ghenshed ?
you dnt knw??consult nairaland warri dictionary.lol.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by thorpido(m): 11:41am On Feb 28, 2016
sexyexcalibur:

So after traditional marriage u mean the guy is not yet legally married. Shame on you bro... Shame on you
He is married and should begin to live with his wife.They do not need a church wedding again if they choose to.

Shame?Guy you need to know I've got the glory of God in my life.No shame here bro,absolutely no shame.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

says who? in this era of deception?
Says meundecided

Do you have statistics to prove your opinion?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by olakan22: 11:41am On Feb 28, 2016
Premarital sex is a sin. God commanded that an adulterer or adultress should be stoned to death. However we learnt in the new testament that fornicators won't see heaven. Therefore the Church should be able to instill this teaching and discipline those who are guilty... It's wrong to make sexuality pass for immorality. Btw did they force u to marry in Church?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Reference(m): 11:42am On Feb 28, 2016
Jamean:

Now, what is fornication?
Sexual intercourse between a man and woman who are not married to each other.

Are the couple above married? Yes they are, in fact very married by the virtue of their traditional wedding 2 months ago.

What is right and what is wrong?

Church wedding is not written anywhere in the Bible, it's only a western culture that is fastly becoming Christian doctrine and binding people in extremism.

The wedding at Cana in the Bible was a traditional wedding, that of Jacob to Leah and later Rebecca were also traditional weddings et al. What is the aim? to honor the family of the bride as she is not Oduduwa that came from the sky neither did the Pastor or Priest give birth to her.

You can go inquire from the holy spirit, the moment a man pays a woman's dowry and fulfill all other requirements as stated by tradition or family the law against fornication is suspended in the spiritual realm for them.

As much as I am a Christian and believer, I frown at the fact that the church still considers a couple who has done only traditional marriage as not befitting to have sex. I have seen a couple wait for 5years after traditional wedding and leaving apart because they couldn't afford church wedding yet. I beg to differ; aren't they married.

I don't believe there's any negative consequence of not doing church wedding as I believe it's only to honor religion and for proper Christian home building counseling prior to the wedding. It's worse that these days they now add Sunday for thanksgiving.

1 Cor 10:23 All things are lawful [that is, morally legitimate, permissible], but not all things are beneficial or
advantageous. What is the benefit of Church wedding as you can still be counseled without ceremony?

People will justify this act by saying they werenot forced to do church wedding. Let's learn to deal with things from the root and not surface level.

The church is going too extreme, and the moment a thin line isn't drawn we move from reverence to Idolatry.

Believers should add knowledge to their zeal.

Always bending things to suit themselves. But you will not quote the part where it says you are under authority to those God will hold accountable. You are right. Nothing in life is compulsory, even things of God.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by thorpido(m): 11:45am On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

Can you blame them? From what I observed, the church will not recognise that marriage unless it is done in the church.
Then it is only right to comply with the rules and instructions of the Church if they desire such recognition.I don't think it is that hard.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 11:46am On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

Says meundecided

Do you have statistics to prove your opinion?

do u ve statistics to prove otherwise? undecided
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 11:47am On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
You're a church go-er.There is a difference between a church go-er and a Christian.
Don't you people always see the contradiction in your arguments?You do not want to recognise the church and it's standards yet you still want to come to the church for your program?It's like a young man who says to hell with university education and yet attacks UTME for not giving him admission.
Not everyone has gotten married in Church and you don't have to.If you say you are married traditionally,then why do you still bother with church?Isn't that an irony?

You're not making any sense sir, Is church wedding biblical, and what's the benefit of church wedding.

You're trying to say that since they were married traditionally, why bothered about white wedding and like he said treat a problem from the root and not the surface.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Reference(m): 11:48am On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
You're a church go-er.There is a difference between a church go-er and a Christian.
Don't you people always see the contradiction in your arguments?You do not want to recognise the church and it's standards yet you still want to come to the church for your program?It's like a young man who says to hell with university education and yet attacks UTME for not giving him admission.
Not everyone has gotten married in Church and you don't have to.If you say you are married traditionally,then why do you still bother with church?Isn't that an irony?

Exactly. You want God in your own image rather than the other way around. The Christianity of these times is one that justifies everything and anything a man does. Now God is subject to her traditions and her traditional institutions. The old testament God will have buried them alive. Now with Jesus people feel anything goes because Jesus keeps on pleading for mercy for us.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by oseiwe(m): 11:48am On Feb 28, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

they just.....

couldnt wait till "wedding night" grin
after 2mnths bride price payment? wetin be wedding night?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by PresVA: 11:49am On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
It is not compulsory to get married in church.Noone will force you to.If you decide to get married in church then you ought to do the right thing.You ought to know (and should know) that pregnancy is not allowed so why bring the pregnancy there?
You're so full of wisdom. . God bless you. .

Rules are rules, if you can't abide then don't bother coming to the church; as simple as that... you can't tell the church to bend their rules to suit you....

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by thorpido(m): 11:50am On Feb 28, 2016
priscaoge:

Only sensible comment here! The writer was busy ranting and calling Anglican Anglican Anglican. I have seen a church that called a lady that got pregnant before her wedding to d alter, said all sorts of things and gave her "Back Seat" in d church. Every church has their own doctrine. It has been on for centuries, they didn't see her and make d law. Stop blabbing already.

If in a school, the rules and regulations are against malpractice and it's consequences are clearly written, will she cry fowl when d school punishes her? She knows that pregnancy before wedding is against d doctrine of the church, she should expect d punishment that follows.

Biko "White" wedding is not by force, if u think u can't cope with d Rules, do Ur traditional and make Babies. MyOneKobo
Bless you my sister.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
Then it is only right to comply with the rules and instructions of the Church if they desire such recognition.I don't think it is that hard.

You mean the Western rules of the churchundecided. African churches need to be reformed in that aspect.

Lets start from here:

What makes a marriage a holy union before God?
I want biblical references.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by PresVA: 11:53am On Feb 28, 2016
udemzyudex:

You're not making any sense sir, Is church wedding biblical, and what's the benefit of church wedding.

You're trying to say that since they were married traditionally, why bothered about white wedding and like he said treat a problem from the root and not the surface.
He made a whole lot of sense! There are no benefits of church wedding, so why do people keep doing it even though nobody is forcing it on them? undecided

Nobody forces anyone to do church wedding, but if you must do it then keep the rules. .Simple!
The church can't bend rules to suit people same way they ain't forcing church wedding on anyone. ...
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Fianze93(m): 11:54am On Feb 28, 2016
A pregnant woman + a man = 3, that is if the foetus is only one.
My church (the Anglican church though in Nnewi Diocese) would not wed you in such situation, you are advised to wait till after delivery.
More so, nobody will ask you to wed in the church, in fact their most important thing they preach is paying the dowry and fulfilling other things required by your intending in-laws.
The only thing is that, the church wedding (which can actually be done almost secretly I.e only the couple, parents and two witness in the presence of a priest) is a kind of the church blessing a marriage. And when the church has not blessed such marriages, the couple might be stopped from acting as God Parents to infants during baptism.

Church wedding is not a celebration that requires a crowd, it is a blessing from the altar that could be done without any body knowing when and where

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by delishpot: 11:54am On Feb 28, 2016
Who force them t obey such church orders? Plus if she so much believe in christ, why did she commit adultery. Before her wedding?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

do u ve statistics to prove otherwise? undecided

No, I don't.

However I know that till this day, most of you men including you still find it hard to fully satisfy women.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 11:55am On Feb 28, 2016
PresVA:
He made a whole lot of sense! There are no benefits of church wedding, so why do people keep doing it even though nobody is forcing it on them? undecided

Nobody forces anyone to do church wedding, but if you must do it then keep the rules. .Simple!
The church can't bend rules to suit people same way they ain't forcing church wedding on anyone. ...

If I may ask, what's the rules?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by virginboy1(m): 11:55am On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
Typical fanatical mindsect.... Moreover how many church weddings do churches sponsor? And yet they wants a teacher collecting 30k as salary to go and marry in d church coupled with the Paramount monetary tasking.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by thorpido(m): 11:56am On Feb 28, 2016
udemzyudex:

The question is why do the people want so much to partake in a program that is of no 'benefit' to them?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 28, 2016
thorpido:
I love you for this comment
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by PresVA: 11:59am On Feb 28, 2016
udemzyudex:

If I may ask, what's the rules?

Each church has their own rule(s)! Abide by yours! If you can't, use the door... Don't expect the church to alter rules just to suit your interest(s). .. if you can't take the heat, leave the kitchen! It's that simple. ..
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by thorpido(m): 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
virginboy1:

Typical fanatical mindsect...shoor. Moreover how many church weddings do churches sponsor? And yet they wants a teacher collecting 30k as salary to sponsor church wedding.
The church's primary responsibility is not to sponsor weddings.It is the responsibility of those getting married and their families.However,some churches(more especially groups in church)have sponsored weddings.

Guy,if you are a teacher collecting N30k as salary and you plan to wed,I'm interested in you.You can send me a PM and we work together to plan your wedding.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by RoyalBlak007: 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
oseiwe:

after 2mnths bride price payment? wetin be wedding night?
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

No, I don't.

However I know that till this day, most of you men including you still find it hard to fully satisfy women.

why will u say including me? u dont even know me.... maybe urs dont satisfy u, doesnt mean i dont satisfy mine. and BTW, i only said testing not making it a habit of fuckingg everyday.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Reference(m): 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
FrankValency:
U ppl should stop saying centuries for God sake, the church itself is almost becoming a a failed institution. My aunt wedded in this church abt 6 years ago with 7 months pregnancy and she wore white, I guess it was because her husband was so rich or maybe the rule has those it was meant for separately. And what d hell is 30k paid for wedding fee for? Hmm, most churches are money making institutions now. SMH for some ministers of God as they claim. And I don't see the above case as for nication, haba,2 months after trad wedding. How many of u will keep to that,tell urselves d truth.

You've struck the key here. '...how many of you will wait 2 months after traditional wedding' ....before making babies. What this means by extension is that God and His church are just an appendage to your life and ways. If it be so, let it be so in totality. Then why go to God again crying for approval since His church doesn't matter....whx? is it because it is 'traditional' to close 'the case' in church 'wearing white'? Man and his rebellious ways. To most God means nothing so let them leave Him alone. Afterall He is western.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Sex Is Sweet": Kaduna Redeemed Christian Church Of God Program / Daddy Freeze On Pastor Adeboye's Necklace: "This Is Pressing Of Virgin Breast" / 2 Zimbabwean Female "Witches" Caught Red-handed Totally Unclad (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.