Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) (63851 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / A Live Alligator For Harvest Thanksgiving In Anglican Church, Warri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Stakekay1(m): 11:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
That's how a lady friend terminated her two weeks pregnancy just to satisfy her Church rule against pregnancy before marriage, after the wedding she has been waiting for years to get pregnant till now. Hypocrisy everywhere.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by oshaosha2014(m): 4:52am On Feb 29, 2016
Your words are golden. Thank you. Why would you kill yourself over church wedding when you have done the main and most important one, traditional wedding and bride price payment. We like wahala o! Can't they simply call on their trusted pastor to pray for their union!?
Jamean:

Now, what is fornication?
Sexual intercourse between a man and woman who are not married to each other.

Are the couple above married? Yes they are, in fact very married by the virtue of their traditional wedding 2 months ago.

What is right and what is wrong?

Church wedding is not written anywhere in the Bible, it's only a western culture that is fastly becoming Christian doctrine and binding people in extremism.

The wedding at Cana in the Bible was a traditional wedding, that of Jacob to Leah and later Rebecca were also traditional weddings et al. What is the aim? to honor the family of the bride as she is not Oduduwa that came from the sky neither did the Pastor or Priest give birth to her.

You can go inquire from the holy spirit, the moment a man pays a woman's dowry and fulfill all other requirements as stated by tradition or family the law against fornication is suspended in the spiritual realm for them.

As much as I am a Christian and believer, I frown at the fact that the church still considers a couple who has done only traditional marriage as not befitting to have sex. I have seen a couple wait for 5years after traditional wedding and leaving apart because they couldn't afford church wedding yet. I beg to differ; aren't they married.

I don't believe there's any negative consequence of not doing church wedding as I believe it's only to honor religion and for proper Christian home building counseling prior to the wedding. It's worse that these days they now add Sunday for thanksgiving.

1 Cor 10:23 All things are lawful [that is, morally legitimate, permissible], but not all things are beneficial or
advantageous. What is the benefit of Church wedding as you can still be counseled without ceremony?

People will justify this act by saying they werenot forced to do church wedding. Let's learn to deal with things from the root and not surface level.

The church is going too extreme, and the moment a thin line isn't drawn we move from reverence to Idolatry.

Believers should add knowledge to their zeal.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by veeluv2015(f): 9:16am On Feb 29, 2016
derecho:
So they should look the other way because it's not noticeable abi?Later,pple will say pastors are liars.

abeg make we hear word. if they want to be true to that 'white gown' doctrine, then they should deny those that are not virgins from wearing it too. If they can overlook that part, then they can overlook this too
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by satowind(m): 4:45am On Mar 03, 2016
daretodiffer:

Stop embarrassing yourselfsad

The colour white might symbolise purity but it does not mean that it must be the choice of a wedding dress to show the bride's purity. People all over the world wear wedding gowns of different colours. It might be unpopular but I don't know any one with a brain in this 21st century that would claim ‘purity' for putting on a white wedding gown. It is a norm that doesn't mean shit.undecided.

This is a red wedding dress. smiley The lucky bride will not be wearing this color to show that she is impure. If white means purity, innocence etc, red means power, passion, strength etcsmiley
the christian adaptation of the white gown means purity Asians normally use white and that cause dey are rarely Christians in Asia.
and i guess u one of those dumb people dat hide under the disguise of 21st century to commit atrocities. if u wana be a LovePeddler before your wedding be dat and dont blame 21st century and dont be an ass about it when u told to join the congregation of impure bride in wearing black. dont call the pastor a sexist too.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Sixix: 11:12am On Mar 03, 2016
satowind:

the christian adaptation of the white gown means purity Asians normally use white and that cause dey are rarely Christians in Asia.
and i guess u one of those dumb people dat hide under the disguise of 21st century to commit atrocities. if u wana be a LovePeddler before your wedding be dat and dont blame 21st century and dont be an ass about it when u told to join the congregation of impure bride in wearing black. dont call the pastor a sexist too.

There is nothing like Christian adaptation. The whites were christians then so it was a culture and they couldn't be bothered. It is morons that made it a Christian thing. Most brides who wed nowadays in the western world are not christians and will not call it a Christian wedding.

Even in Yoruba land, white means purity and innocence. Yet, brides are not asked to wear it for their wedding. I will wear black if I want to, it will be nice to see morons and white slaves rant and rant and rantsmiley. The parties have no right to tell them anything, the couples are stupid to have allowed the pastors get to themsmiley

Admit you have lost this argument, stop trying to save face. undecided
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Sixix: 11:13am On Mar 03, 2016
Stakekay1:
That's how a lady friend terminated her two weeks pregnancy just to satisfy her Church rule against pregnancy before marriage, after the wedding she has been waiting for years to get pregnant till now. Hypocrisy everywhere.

Serves her right
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Sixix: 11:14am On Mar 03, 2016
guyXander:

The reason they wear white is not because they just like the colour.
It's significant.
It stands for virginity of the woman.
Now, the man's Virginity is not celebrated
And can't even be verified.
That's y he wears black suit.
Ever see men complain?

You can't come to the house of God to deceive people that you're still a virgin.
You no be virgin so forget virgin gown and wear non-virgin gown.
QED.

White ko virginity ni
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by satowind(m): 12:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
Sixix:

There is nothing like Christian adaptation. The whites were christians then so it was a culture and they couldn't be bothered. It is morons that made it a Christian thing. Most brides who wed nowadays in the western world are not christians and will not call it a Christian wedding.

Even in Yoruba land, white means purity and innocence. Yet, brides are not asked to wear it for their wedding. I will wear black if I want to, it will be nice to see morons and white slaves rant and rant and rantsmiley. The parties have no right to tell them anything, the couples are stupid to have allowed the pastors get to themsmiley

Admit you have lost this argument, stop trying to save face. undecided
save face for what are u ok? am trying to tell u what is, and u are busy arguing logically. a christian don't argue wit church. u have options of going to other churches but if u choose to stick to any church abide by their rules. i know churches do tell couples what is obtainable during marriage courses yet she couldn't wait, dat on her so she should wear black.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Sixix: 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
satowind:

save face for what are u ok? am trying to tell u what is, and u are busy arguing logically. a christian don't argue wit church. u have options of going to other churches but if u choose to stick to any church abide by their rules. i know churches do tell couples what is obtainable during marriage courses yet she couldn't wait, dat on her so she should wear black.

Are you okay?

Dis I ask people or some African christians to be stupid? You can damn well argue with the church if they are being unreasonable.

I blame the couple, if they had stuck with their culture they shouldn't have been subjected to this.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by satowind(m): 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
Sixix:

Are you okay?

Dis I ask people or some African christians to be stupid? You can damn well argue with the church if they are being unreasonable.

I blame the couple, if they had stuck with their culture they shouldn't have been subjected to this.
there are many atheist out dere but u cant come to an association and bring ur silly opinion is it cause is a church, start ur opinions by going to ur bank i know dey have some mode of operation dat piss u off. mr reasonable
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by guyXander(m): 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
Sixix:

White ko virginity ni
Ko white ni virginity grin
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by Myode(f): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
What we do in the USA when that was a issue in the church. The bride wore Ivory.,off white, cream,winter white as close to white a possible with out it being white.That also went for divorce brides.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by lovetruth(m): 9:45am On May 22, 2017
[quote author=Michellla post=43320402]religious extremists[/quote
it is not extremism Anglican is canonical nd episcopally led church there is order to be follow when you are pregnant b4 wedding it is called blessing marriage so u cant put on white it is meant for holy martrimony so if u are in an anglican wedding u will be able to tel the type of wedding wth the brides cloth and the friend that gave this post shes nt an anglican bkause the wife should have known because in anglican marriage wedding is done at the wife church she suppose to know whereas i tink she knows the colour is jst to show bkause in anglican u cnt c a priest puting on purple stole during wedding it signify mourning so he put on white stole
Anglican have Order no wuruwuru the wife wil neva say she did nt knw or her family i tink am clear God is nt present at any wuruwuru gathering.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by lovetruth(m): 9:50am On May 22, 2017
Sixix:

Are you okay?

Sixix relax in anglican there is wat we cal anglicanism it a rule that guy. wearing colour guy is nt to discriminate is just to show the type of wedding Anglican is canonical nd episcopally led church there is order to be follow when you are pregnant b4 wedding or give birth it is called blessing marriage so u cant put on white it is meant for holy martrimony so if u are in an anglican wedding u will be able to tel the type of wedding wth the brides cloth and the friend that gave this post shes nt an anglican bkause the wife should have known because in anglican marriage wedding is done at the wife church she suppose to know whereas i tink she knows the colour is jst to show bkause in anglican u cnt c a priest puting on purple stole during wedding it signify mourning so he put on white stole
Anglican have Order no wuruwuru the wife wil neva say she did nt knw or her family i tink am clear God is nt present at any wuruwuru gathering.
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by lovetruth(m): 9:56am On May 22, 2017
Sixix:

Serves her right
that one is wrong anglican did nt support that u are to do blessed marriage just like the one they did ur bride gown colour signify it ,the groom choose anything he wear bt the bride is a church member the groom visitor
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by lovetruth(m): 9:59am On May 22, 2017
oshaosha2014:
Your words are golden. Thank you. Why would you kill yourself over church wedding when you have done the main and most important one, traditional wedding and bride price payment. We like wahala o! Can't they simply call on their trusted pastor to pray for their union!?
No Anglican dnt force people to do church wedding it ur wish u want Anglican is canonical nd episcopally led church there is order to be follow when you are pregnant b4 wedding it is called blessing marriage so u cant put on white it is meant for holy martrimony so if u are in an anglican wedding u will be able to tel the type of wedding wth the brides cloth and the friend that gave this post shes nt an anglican bkause the wife should have known because in anglican marriage wedding is done at the wife church she suppose to know whereas i tink she knows the colour is jst to show bkause in anglican u cnt c a priest puting on purple stole during wedding it signify mourning so he put on white stole
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by lovetruth(m): 10:04am On May 22, 2017
please o if there is issue abt anglican nd u dnt knw d meaning please just calm down there is an order in anglican
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ArcToyin(m): 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
gist4kidsblog:

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/02/anglican-church-forces-bride-to-wear.html?m=1
What if she didn't get pregnant in time( maybe as a result of delay from God or biological reasons), do you think the husband will go ahead to marry her
Re: Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) by ArcToyin(m): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
kay29000:
She would have just gone to another church.
Eh eh. Church is not equal to school or other public institution that should be accommodating falters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2 Zimbabwean Female "Witches" Caught Red-handed Totally Unclad (Video) / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet / List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.