Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Why Lucifer Was Thrown Out - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Lucifer Was Thrown Out (799 Views)

14-Year-Old Orphan Thrown Out By Her Aunt Over Witchcraft Allegation. Photos / Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name / CAC Abule-Ijesha Members Fight As Pastor Is Thrown Out Of Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Lucifer Was Thrown Out by KazukiIto(m): 10:45am On Feb 28, 2016
"The devil? He is a very fascinating legendary personage and he is the subject of many a fine story. Picture his fall from heaven!—'Lucifer, Son of the Morning'—what a title, and what a birthright! To be born of the morning implies to be a creature formed of translucent light undefiled, with all the warm rose of a million orbs of day colouring his bright essence, and all the lustre of fiery planets flaming in his eyes. Splendid and supreme, at the right hand of Deity itself he stood, this majestic Arch-angel, and before his unwearied vision rolled the grandest creative splendours of God's thoughts and dreams. All at once he perceived in the vista of embryonic things a new small world, and on it a being forming itself slowly as it were into the Angelic likeness,—a being weak yet strong, sublime yet foolish,—a strange paradox, destined to work its way through all the phases of life, till imbibing the very breath and soul of the Creator it should touch Conscious Immortality,—Eternal Joy. Then Lucifer, full of wrath, turned on the Master of the Spheres, and flung forth his reckless defiance, crying aloud—'Wilt thou make of this slight poor creature an Angel even as I? I do protest against thee and condemn! Lo, if thou makest Man in Our image I will destroy him utterly, as unfit to share with me the splendours of Thy Wisdom,—the glory of Thy love!' And the Voice Supreme, in accents terrible and beautiful replied— 'Lucifer, Son of the Morning, full well dost thou know that never ... can an idle or wasted word be spoken before Me. For Free-will is the gift of the Immortals; therefore what thou sayest, thou must needs do! Fall, proud Spirit from thy high estate !—thou and thy companions with thee !—and return no more till Man himself redeem thee! Each human soul that yields unto thy tempting shall be a new barrier set between thee and heaven; each one that of its own choice doth repel and overcome thee, shall lift thee nearer thy lost home! When the world rejects thee, I will pardon and again receive thee,— but not till then.''
Re: Why Lucifer Was Thrown Out by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 28, 2016
Ok
Re: Why Lucifer Was Thrown Out by divinehand2003(m): 11:05am On Feb 28, 2016
Bros do you mean that Satan will be forgiven? It goes contrary to my belief.
Re: Why Lucifer Was Thrown Out by KazukiIto(m): 11:38am On Feb 28, 2016
divinehand2003:
Bros do you mean that Satan will be forgiven? It goes contrary to my belief.

That's if man can redeem himself. Lucifer just have to keep his end of the bargain
Re: Why Lucifer Was Thrown Out by edwardgunju(m): 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
Oh Boy!!! shocked
Re: Why Lucifer Was Thrown Out by asalimpo(m): 9:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
crap

(1) (Reply)

An Epic Apology By A Course Rep (photo) / RELIGION 101: Come In Here; Lets Reason Together (sticky) / 90 Verses In The Bible Say Jesus Is Not God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.