Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery (12428 Views)

Twitter IPO Updates / NSE freezes share price of Conoil, Dangote Sugar And 26 Others / Dangote Sugar Refinery Shares: 18 Naira At IPO, Now 56 Naira! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by ebony9ja(m): 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2006
Investments is all about taking risk albelt intelligent risk. I will advise anyone who wants to make money to consider investing in this offer. Dangote Sugar accounts for almost 80% of the entire country's requirements. All the major food and beverages companies (cocacola,nestle, e.t.c)are direct consumers of this product and I am also sure the company earns itself foreign exchange via export. These are basic fundamentals a prospective investor should look at.

We may have our misgivings over ownership of the company (one man business e.t.c) . however, what can we say about Zenith (jim ovia), oceanic (*ibrus) e.t.c. All these companies are performing very well. oceanic alone has recorded over 100% in price appreciation with a lot of prospects for further appreciation before the final results come out.

I believe strongly that the price will hit N30 or more before the end of next year (2007). My advice is for us to invest, no matter how small, in this offer. Great wealth are made like this and Nigeria is an incredible country to invest in. A very fertile land for wise investors. Thing BCC, Wapco e.t.c

Please invest and may GOD help us on our way to bulding great wealth for ourselves!
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by kazey(m): 5:17am On Nov 04, 2006
You invested I guess. Interesting,
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by Temin(m): 8:09am On Nov 04, 2006
Please inform me . Is the IPO for Dangote out yet and how mush is it. I am not in the country now
I love to invest in it
Thanks Guys
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by ebony9ja(m): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2006
@kazey, . I am going to invest for sure.
@Temin. offer starts Nov15- Dec22. price N18 per share.

The company is not about to raise money, but to sell part of its shares to the public (30% ). This is quite different from other public offers where they raise money to further improve operations and infrastructures. The company is already making profit judging from their half year results.

Another good thing about this offer is the proposed dividend payment of N1 per share by march/april 2007. This has already make the offer a good bargain for any discerning investor. I am still reiterating that the price will hit N30 or more before year 2007 ends. No amout is too small. minimum subscription is 500units (N9000).
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by Temin(m): 11:36pm On Nov 04, 2006
Thanks a million guys cool
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by lafile(m): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2006
what was their half year result? personally i think at N18 its a little bit on the expensive side, but then again u never can tell. i dont plan buying during the IPO though. I'll watch and see how the stock perfoms then maybe, just maybe i will invest.

1 Like

Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by toksdara(m): 11:34am On Nov 06, 2006
This is one share I need to invest in even with the high cost of the IPO. I think it's going to be worth it in the long run.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by ebony9ja(m): 11:40am On Nov 06, 2006
Here are the stats:

The company recorded a profit before tax of N7.8 billion for the six months ended June 30 2006 and expects to record profit before tax of N17.9 billion, N23.7 billion and N30.1 billion respectively in the next four years.

here is the part I like best. If you subscribe to this offer, you are getting a dividend of N1 per share by march, 2007 ( dividend yield of 5.6%)- the best in food sector.  A factor that will automatically result in the appropriate pricing of the stocks. The right price is around N26.5 (ibtc research). But once it starts moving up, only God can tell where the price will finally settle down.

If you wait till after the listing of the shares, You will buy it at a much higher price. Believe me, fundamentals are there and you don't work against the obvious if you are investing. Buttom Line - invest in the IPO!

All the best!
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by forgiven(m): 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2006
[quote author=ebony9ja link=topic=29613.msg686539#msg686539 date=1162573294][/quote]

Would you mind telling me how to go about investing in this company? I am very much interested. How do I go about it? You can email me the details - olufemi4896@yahoo.ca
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by cassidy06(m): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2006
This is an impressive post from ebony9ja. All what he has said about Dangote sugar is true. My firm is also a party to the offer, So i agree with all the financials he gave here. If anyone is interested, u can mail me at cooltalk06@yahoo.com or contact ebony9ja for assistance. Dangote had already showed his pedigree in the capital market with BCC where pple made lots and lots of money this year. The issue is not whether a coy is "one man business" or not, as an investor, you should only be interested in returns (dividends + capital gains). Afterall, virtually all the coys in the world were started by one person initially. You should know that Schlumberger, Yamaha, Ford, Morgan Stanley etc are family names and their history can be traced to one man. So, sentiments apart, pple should always base investments decisions on its merit and not on sentiments.

@ ebony9ja, are u a stockbroker?
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2006
Im interested in this offer. I want to caution members who are just bandying figures about. Not everyone on the foum is used to the capital market so its still imperative to let people know that there's nothing like a sure win stock. With Dangotes grip on the sugar mkt it difficult to see how investors can go wrong. But still expected gains may take long to materialise.
That's why there's always a caveat on every prospectus.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by Temin(m): 11:34pm On Nov 06, 2006
For certainty you rare right stock can be very unpridictable .But no matter what on the long term investment ,putting your money in the Dandote IPO is a good one
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by otokx(m): 5:21am On Nov 07, 2006
The figures look very impressive but its all about risk.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by loma(m): 5:43am On Nov 07, 2006
Before you invest, let them publish the accounts first, so we can see the level of indebtedness of the company among other things.

It looks juicy, but I think its better to see the full picture first before jumping in.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by otokx(m): 6:21am On Nov 07, 2006
Their published accounts wont help much as many nigerians don't understand a jack about financial statements. Let me state categorically that no company is obliged to issue an annual dividend on ordinary shares which is what they will soon be selling. That N1 they say will be paid in 2007 should not deceive you, besides let me assure you that in the event they pay that N1 there will still be some tax element which will be deducted; in any case I still encourage Nigerians who are able to invest as I too will do. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by ebony9ja(m): 8:45am On Nov 07, 2006
@cassidy06,
I am not a stock broker. I am the head of IT for an oil firm. However, I find the stock market interesting because of its challenges and the singular ability to make your money work for you without lifting a finger. I try as much as possible to convince people of the great opportunities that exist in nigerian capital markets. Like sage of omaha will say:you don't argue with results. The returns on investments in NSE ,particularly this year are there for all to see. yes, there are high and low periods in the market, and nobody can predict how one particular market will be in any particular year, but time tested methods tell you that stocks thrives on information,government policies especially with regards to any particular sectors ( for example, I think the cements companies stock is a ''must have'' stock for any investors next year).e.t.c
some stocks can give you 30-60% returns within 3 weeks. facts are there, when the market is bullish, nothing comes close to the stock market in terms of returns.its better you are there when things are happening or you are bound to be a spectator with a great expertise at relating stories! We should not be too risk- averse as to loose a great investments opportunities. we face risk everyday.we live with it everyday. its part of the joy of living.

a ten percent tax is applicable to all dividends.

@ioma, account has already been published. but you can get a more detailed account from banks and stockbrokers as soon as the IPO opens.

all the best.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by segedoo(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2006
@ebony9ja
i'll like you to email me at segedoo@yahoo.com with more details on the offer. would you like an "oracle of omaha" e-book? i can give you FOC.

Invest if you're smart!!!
BCC went from N4.77 to N39+ in roughly 1 year.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by jesuseun1(m): 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2006
thanks ebony for the dangote shares info,i think it will be a good offer.dey have results.i was

with a stockbrokertoday and he told me that wemabank which is now 2.80 and fidelity bank

2.10 will be a good stock to invest in.i yielded to is advise,i made some investment in wemabank.so i want to advise you guys to also look in this direction too.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by Shokoloko(f): 12:49am On Nov 08, 2006
ive been waiting for this offer. thank God its Out! i missed WAPCO i wont miss this one
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by gbengaijot(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2006
@jesuseun, which stockbroker do you use?, i definitely need a reliable one.

Apart from the dangote IPo coming out, does anyone know any other IPO in the making or any exissting?,
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 4:42pm On Nov 08, 2006
There's a DVCF fund, which is an unit trust scheme initated to pool funds from investors for investment in the Oil sector. Its meant to take advantange of the Federal govt's initiative on local content in the exploration and production activities in the oil industry.
The price is 1 per unit with a minimum subscription of 1000 and multiples of 500.
U can get the forms from any stockroker.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 4:05am On Nov 09, 2006
Its funny. But I've noticed that all the contributor to this topic , with the exception of sokoloko are all male. The ladies are all busy discussing women lib and the price of lipstick instead of them to be investing in cosmetic shares they are investing in the products. Later they wouldscream equal rights  
Women need to take full oportunity of such situation and empower themselves.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by gbengaijot(m): 9:36am On Nov 09, 2006
@frank, what is a DVCF fund?, do you want to expantiate more on it please.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by joshO: 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2006
There is also the TransCorp shares, which is billed for early December. I believe that too will be value for money.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by frankiriri(m): 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2006
@gbengaijot.
The DVCF fund is a mutual trust fund managed by A company named DVCF Plc. The fund is a unit trust scheme (also known as mutual fund). It is just lke Discovery Fund , Nigfund , IBTC Equity fund etc.
The thing to llok out for is the track record of the Fund Managers. In this case DVCF PLC.
You can get the abridged prospectus from your stockbroker
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by egoldman(m): 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2006
how do i go about buying this stock of dangote sugar,i have never bought or invested in stocks b4,also am not based in nigeria so i depend on my junior brother to buy them for me ,so my questions are : where exactly would he go to buy the stocks for me ? are there banks that are supposed to be selling the stocks and are there any other fees apart from the 18 naira you pay per share ? also what are the documental requirments that are needed ? thanks .
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by gbengaijot(m): 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2006
So does DVCF have a website?, telephone number, fax?, email?? that i can make use of?. I am interested.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by Temin(m): 1:13am On Nov 10, 2006
gbengaijot
Go to google and type DVCF Plc . It is easier that way.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by gbengaijot(m): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2006
i av, they dont seem to have anything except news on their existent.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by freelance(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2006
I would not advise anybody to invest in mutual funds. I personally would not invest in DVCF or any mutual fund. Dangote sugar refinery might be a good stock to invest in cuz of mainly the Dangote brand involved and also the performance of BCC.
Egoldman
If you buy public offer you dont pay charges or commission its just the offer price you pay but if you buy shares on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange you would pay some charges and commission.
If you need any advice about stocks and the stock market. holla me!!!!!!!!!
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by otokx(m): 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2006
i have changed my mind about the dangote stock, if i put that money to good use i will get so much more from it.
Re: Impending IPO Of Dangote Sugar Refinery by gbengaijot(m): 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2006
@freelance, while you might not like Mutual funds, i guess instead of discouragin people from it, you should give reasons why you wont advise someone to go into it.

For us who can't manage bizness in Nigeria(but living abroad) i guess investing is one of the best method of insuring one's future. so please heck out!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Make Your First Million Naira In 80days With Watermelon Farm Business / Beware MMM, Has Crashed In Nigeria, MMM Crashes In Nigeria?, / Uniqueness Of Land Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.