Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal (11149 Views)

SOLD Urgent Sale 2011 M-Benz E350 Like Toks Dealing @6m net! / Fraudulent Car Websites In USA. / Fraudulent Car Seller On Jiji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by anichizara: 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
i saw an advert by FortuneVal around the 2nd week of November 2015 for an AUDI A6 C6 which he tagged 1.25M and i really liked the car(i cant even find the ad on nairaland again, i wanted to share the link). i

checked out the car online and i really loved everything about the car and also the one he was advertising was really clean and fresh... i

gave him a call and he told me the final price of the car was 1.15M and that i should try and act fast because someone else was really

interested in the car and that its 1st come 1st serve... i stay in Enugu and he stays at lagos, so i checked out his profile on nairaland

and saw that he has plenty adverts in his name and that a couple of cars have been tagged SOLD. so i said to myself that he might be

legit, since he is not too new on nairaland and he has supposedly sold a couple of cars. so i called him back and asked him how much i

would deposit to hold the car down, he said he doesn't really like the deposit thing that he would prefer me to come and pick it once

because he wouldn't want a situation i might end up saying i wont be able to buy it again, but after everything he said a deposit of 500k

would do.. so the next day i transferred it to him and told him that i wasn't in town but would be coming back by the 1st week of december

and that by then he should bring it down and collect the balance, which we both agreed on.
He now said that he will need to renew the registrations of the car which just expired which will cost me about 37k and that the driver

he called charged 30k for getting it down to me... so i sent him 70k, he said it should take him up until the last week of november to

finish the papers and he will now bring it down for me once i'm back. i then sent a friend over with a mechanic to go check out the car

for me, which they did and said the car is good shape, that its still very healthy.... so i was now happily waiting for the discussed

time.
up until the 1st week of december he said the papers are still being arranged but that he needed my help, that there is this toyota

camry that came in for him which he needs to clear and that he doesn't have much money on him, that he will need like extra 500k to fully

clear the car so it doesn't incur any extra cost for him. i thought about it and said since my friend has seen the car, why don't i just

give it to him, so i sent him the money, 2nd week came by and he said it just remains the road worthiness paper. like 3 days after he

called me and told me that all the papers are ready and that they just need to arrange fuel(which was that period that fuel was scarce and

costly) and hit the road the next morning. after getting the fuel, he told me that they are on their way, around 3pm that day, i called

him and he said they are still at ijebu ode, that they are having a small issue with police but it will soon be rectified. in the evening

he then called me and said they impounded the car that the custom papers of the car is not authentic. he now said that he will head to

lagos the next day to rectify the issue. the next day he now said they require him to do another customs paper and that it takes 5 working

days to be out. after like a week(this was now like 2 days after christmas) he said the papers were now out and that he will now send only

the driver...
on the 29th of december, the driver supposedly hit the road with the car, in the afternoon i called the driver and he didn't pick(i concluded that he must be driving and thats why he didn't pick). towards the evening i tried again and his number was off. fortuneval called and told me that the driver's number is not going through. it stayed like that for 2 days before fortuneval now called me and said that the car's gasket blew in Benin, thats why the driver didnt make it again and that they even stole the drivers phone. he now said i had 3 options, 1. wait for the audi to be fixed and sent down to me, 2. ask for a refund or 3. choose another car in his inventory that he would send down for me instead. i asked for a benz e320 and he said he can make it available for 1.6M. and i told him to send it down, he said its with a fellow dealer, that he would discuss with him and then tell me wen they will be ready to bring it down. he called and told me the owner of the car is with the original papers of the car and that he hasn't come back from the holiday. i waited for a couple of days and he now said the owner is back and that he has now collected the benz from them, that he just needs to take it to a mechanic to make sure everything is in order, that he doesn't want any more stories, that he feels bad he hasn't delivered since. the next day he called and told me that he is with the mechanic, that the only problem the car has is the sound system and that it will soon be fixed. towards the evening he called and told me that everything has been fixed and that the car will be with me soon, no stories this time. i was happy and said ok...... since then his number has been off till date........ thats how i lost a total of 1.07M

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by anichizara: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
do i have any hope in getting back my money
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by princetom1(m): 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
This is serious o, but lets face the fact, u practically gave urself to him to dupe. Mehnn, in this age of 21st century, people still get dupe easily like this?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by histemple: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
A popular Igbo proverb suggests that you need to wait for the messenger to come back first before complaining about delay.

The general presumptions about the character of most nairaland car dealers notwithstanding, and from your story, it doesn't seem like he is a dishonest person. So many factors could be responsible for his sudden temporary incommunicado state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Melahou(m): 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
histemple:
A popular Igbo proverb suggests that you need to wait for the messenger to come back first before complaining about delay.

The general presumptions about the character of most nairaland car dealers notwithstanding, and from your story, it doesn't seem like he is a dishonest person. So many factors could be responsible for his sudden temporary incommunicado state.

Maybe everything was part of the scam to make him look genuine

12 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by anichizara: 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
at 1st i thought so too but this is like the end of February and still no communication
histemple:
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Exponental(m): 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
I pray you get ur money back but... why didn't you ask those who checked it to pick it up.
Business and Sentiment are two different things!
Trust no e-business!!

8 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by stevecantrell: 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
Even a monicker speaks volumes to those with 'number 6'.

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by kennyman2000(m): 4:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Wondering when people will wake up and stop believing all these autos ads.
Sorry to say bro. Ur money is gone! Unless, u can go to his stand urself. U guys can sort things out there. Hope u've the neccessary payment evidence?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
anichizara:
i saw an advert by FortuneVal around the I2nd week of November 2015 for an AUDI A6 C6 which he tagged 1.25M and i really liked the car(i cant even find the ad on nairaland again, i wanted to share the link). i

checked out the car online and i really loved everything about the car and also the one he was advertising was really clean and fresh... i

gave him a call and he told me the final price of the car was 1.15M and that i should try and act fast because someone else was really

interested in the car and that its 1st come 1st serve... i stay in Enugu and he stays at lagos, so i checked out his profile on nairaland

and saw that he has plenty adverts in his name and that a couple of cars have been tagged SOLD. so i said to myself that he might be

legit, since he is not too new on nairaland and he has supposedly sold a couple of cars. so i called him back and asked him how much i

would deposit to hold the car down, he said he doesn't really like the deposit thing that he would prefer me to come and pick it once

because he wouldn't want a situation i might end up saying i wont be able to buy it again, but after everything he said a deposit of 500k

would do.. so the next day i transferred it to him and told him that i wasn't in town but would be coming back by the 1st week of december

and that by then he should bring it down and collect the balance, which we both agreed on.
He now said that he will need to renew the registrations of the car which just expired which will cost me about 37k and that the driver

he called charged 30k for getting it down to me... so i sent him 70k, he said it should take him up until the last week of november to

finish the papers and he will now bring it down for me once i'm back. i then sent a friend over with a mechanic to go check out the car

for me, which they did and said the car is good shape, that its still very healthy.... so i was now happily waiting for the discussed

time.
up until the 1st week of december he said the papers are still being arranged but that he needed my help, that there is this toyota

camry that came in for him which he needs to clear and that he doesn't have much money on him, that he will need like extra 500k to fully

clear the car so it doesn't incur any extra cost for him. i thought about it and said since my friend has seen the car, why don't i just

give it to him, so i sent him the money, 2nd week came by and he said it just remains the road worthiness paper. like 3 days after he

called me and told me that all the papers are ready and that they just need to arrange fuel(which was that period that fuel was scarce and

costly) and hit the road the next morning. after getting the fuel, he told me that they are on their way, around 3pm that day, i called

him and he said they are still at ijebu ode, that they are having a small issue with police but it will soon be rectified. in the evening

he then called me and said they impounded the car that the custom papers of the car is not authentic. he now said that he will head to

lagos the next day to rectify the issue. the next day he now said they require him to do another customs paper and that it takes 5 working

days to be out. after like a week(this was now like 2 days after christmas) he said the papers were now out and that he will now send only

the driver...
on the 29th of december, the driver supposedly hit the road with the car, in the afternoon i called the driver and he didn't pick(i concluded that he must be driving and thats why he didn't pick). towards the evening i tried again and his number was off. fortuneval called and told me that the driver's number is not going through. it stayed like that for 2 days before fortuneval now called me and said that the car's gasket blew in Benin, thats why the driver didnt make it again and that they even stole the drivers phone. he now said i had 3 options, 1. wait for the audi to be fixed and sent down to me, 2. ask for a refund or 3. choose another car in his inventory that he would send down for me instead. i asked for a benz e320 and he said he can make it available for 1.6M. and i told him to send it down, he said its with a fellow dealer, that he would discuss with him and then tell me wen they will be ready to bring it down. he called and told me the owner of the car is with the original papers of the car and that he hasn't come back from the holiday. i waited for a couple of days and he now said the owner is back and that he has now collected the benz from them, that he just needs to take it to a mechanic to make sure everything is in order, that he doesn't want any more stories, that he feels bad he hasn't delivered since. the next day he called and told me that he is with the mechanic, that the only problem the car has is the sound system and that it will soon be fixed. towards the evening he called and told me that everything has been fixed and that the car will be with me soon, no stories this time. i was happy and said ok...... since then his number has been off till date........ thats how i lost a total of 1.07M

I keep saying that there is so much that can be done by nairaland mods b4 anyone should be allowed to post any car sales on NL but nobody seems to care. NL is gradually becoming a haven for con artists.

Op what evidence have you got per transactions you did or what other contacts of his have u got besides his phone number

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Sobrit(m): 4:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
When d original car 'broke down' in benin, why didn't u go to get there. Enugu to benin is less than 3hrs drive, at least to confirm the veracity that he sent it in d first place. Again how do u imediately conclude and resign to fate that u have lost 1.07m? Dont u have d bank details of the transactions? Can't you follow it up if push comes to shove

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by adebaxton(m): 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
@OP, since your mech has inspected the initial car before the stories, why not start the track down from Lagos.
Most transaction can be traced with the aid of a bank and his call log.

5 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by dROC1: 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
Sobrit:
When d original car 'broke down' in benin, why didn't u go to get there. Enugu to benin is less than 3hrs drive, at least to confirm the veracity that he sent it in d first place. Again how do u imediately conclude and resign to fate that u have lost 1.07m? Dont u have d bank details of the transactions? Can't you follow it up if push comes to shove

@OP, In these days of BVN you can track him with his account number.
Get EFCC involved ASAP. He will come begging you.

On another note, how does someone come and lose over a million naira on nairaland just like that? Something needs to be done about this.

8 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by guideman: 7:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
FortuneVal should better respond to this grievous allegation since efforts have been made to sustain the integrity of NL. He's an active op and is online most of the time. I'm Sure he must have come across this. Silence won't help.
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Caveatemptor(m): 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
The way people throw money at these car dealers-is as if they don't work hard for this money?
How can spme one defraud you of your money for months and go incommunicado and you are on Nairaland asking for what to do.
This forum is not a court or a police station or the EFCC office.
Get after him and get him arrested because that is what I would do.
I await the day the scammed will arrest the scammer first detain him in police custody,get him tortured very well,before coming to Nairaland to inform us.

7 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by TheMadame(f): 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
Caveatemptor:
The way people throw money at these car dealers-is as if they don't work hard for this money?
How can spme one defraud you of your money for months and go incommunicado and you are on Nairaland asking for what to do.
This forum is not a court or a police station or the EFCC office.
Get after him and get him arrested because that is what I would do.
I await the day the scammed will arrest the scammer first detain him in police custody,get him tortured very well,before coming to Nairaland to inform us.

Mr caveatemptor,
Are you blaming the poor buyer for doing the right thing or the seller who did the wrong thing by absconding with his money?

4 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Caveatemptor(m): 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
TheMadame:

Mr caveatemptor,
Are you nlamihg the poor buyer for doing the right thing or the seller who did the wrong thing by absconding with his money?

Ma'am,
I am fed up of these pity party stories. I want to see one of these scammers behind bars. I wanna see them broken. Then the scammed can open a thread telling us how he/she tracked him/her down instead of coming on Nairaland to ask for a godd@m pity party.

6 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by ifyalways(f): 9:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
The madame, I won't blame the OP but they way some of us open up ourselves to scam na wao.

How can one want to do a transaction of over 1M and can't spare 40K for a return ticket from Enugu to Lagos on a Sunday or Saturday, physically inspect the car, pay and drive his car away? Worse still, he has friends in lagos angry

You guys should stop encouraging scammers by throwing money carelessly to them!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by ifyalways(f): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
@OP, so since 29/30 dec 2015, fortuneVal is yet to contact you?
Have your friend in Lagos gone to check on him @ his showroom( if he has any) and what was the outcome?

Cc Dominique. Gboliwe

Let's hope Fortneval is alive and well sha.
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Gboliwe: 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
ifyalways:
@OP, so since 29/30 dec 2015, fortuneVal is yet to contact you?
Have your friend in Lagos gone to check on him @ his showroom( if he has any) and what was the outcome?

Cc Dominique. Gboliwe

Let's hope Fortneval is alive and well sha.

Hian! Nwanyi Ibe m, onye bu kwa fortuneval?

@topic: How do these people make their money that they can afford to just throw it away like this?

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
I really feel your pain. BVN on all accounts has been effected as at that time. You could trace the identity of this suspect through the account you paid into. You may give it a push and be hopeful to get ur money back.

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by ifyalways(f): 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
Gboliwe:

Hian! Nwanyi Ibe m, onye bu kwa fortuneval?

@topic: How do these people make their money that they can afford to just throw it away like this?
It seems his name is Emeka, last seen online 29th January.

https://www.nairaland.com/fortuneval

Ndi ogwugwu Oge. Achikwana ochi
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by lloydpras: 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
Na wa oo
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Gboliwe: 9:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
ifyalways:

It seems his name is Emeka, last seen online 29th January.

https://www.nairaland.com/fortuneval

Ndi ogwugwu Oge. Achikwana ochi

End time folks indeed. I have been going thru his timeline and maybe I have a better discernment but seriously, nothing in his posts will make me send him on an errand with my hard earned N500. Nothing.

Its unfortunate mazi OP. There's nothing we can do to help except rant about how evil stealing is, increase page views and wish you luck in your future transactions.

If you want your money back, retrace your steps the way it all started and make some ruthless decisions. Come back and share pictures of how you dealt with him, I will applaud you.

3 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by diportivo: 9:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
OP has some faults of his own....but dis isnt abt blaming whoeva,...whats done is done

No wonder fortuneval has not been posting cars for a while now cry

efcc things......be wise

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by miqos02(m): 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
ifyalways:
The madame, I won't blame the OP but they way some of us open up ourselves to scam na wao.

How can one want to do a transaction of over 1M and can't spare 40K for a return ticket from Enugu to Lagos on a Sunday or Saturday, physically inspect the car, pay and drive his car away? Worse still, he has friends in lagos angry

You guys should stop encouraging scammers by throwing money carelessly to them!!!

ur head dey dere, 1.07 milla just like that?

@seun osewa, u need to do something drastic about all this scams, its too much

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by hadecunleh: 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
Na Ibo man dupe Ibo man, God no go vex. The money is still in the family grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
Make I just sign presence. But no symphaty from me because:
1. Your friend in lag cannot go and check him?
2. You cant go yourself?
3. 1.07mil and you dey house dey complain on nairaland?
4. You sure say u need the car? Since 2015
5. No car dealers for enugu?
Seriously this money would have been useful in an orphanage home

3 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by skedemi(m): 12:28am On Feb 29, 2016
lalasticlala,mynd44,Seun.....this is a very strong issue which I think should be moved to permanent site......and OP still dey siddon for house? oga take dz thing up go EFCC
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by frugal(m): 6:03am On Feb 29, 2016
anichizara:
i saw an advert by FortuneVal around the 2nd week of November 2015 for an AUDI A6 C6 which he tagged 1.25M and i really liked the car(i cant even find the ad on nairaland again, i wanted to share the link).

Here's the link, I found it for you: https://www.nairaland.com/2384378/

I went thru his profile, nothing there suggests he's a reputable dealer. And for God's sake he registered in 2015.
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 29, 2016
you are a FOOL!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by ifyalways(f): 11:48am On Feb 29, 2016
Who is Uzuz? Why does she/he use same phone number as FortuneVal ?

Uzuz, who are you? Make una dey remember and fear God small. Money is just paper, not worth all the swear and generational curses that comes with ill-gotten wealth.

https://www.nairaland.com/2757425/sold-registered-well-used-2005#40332878

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nice Clean Tokunbo 2014 Toyota Venza.... Asking Price: N6.8m / Ready To Sell Now..polo Classic @ 500k (pics) / Radio Unlock Code For Peugeot 406

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.