Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday (44636 Views)

Help needed my computer hanged when writing my jamb yesterday / I Wrote JAMB yesterday. My Result is Totally Unacceptable / My Sweet Experience With Jamb Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Jazzygrafix(m): 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
MY BITTER EXPERIENCE WITH JAMB YESTERDAY

I happened to write Jamb yesterday in a school named Felicia and Barnabas School,Along Owerri-Aba Road, Ngor Okpala LGA, Imo State.
The exam which was scheduled to kick off by 11am, was first of all delayed due to substandard and un-inspected Desktop systems they had in this center. Also annoying was the fact that their snail-slow server refused to log us on till around 2pm when we finally did.

After some minutes of answering, the server auto-logged everyone out such that they had to ask us to leave the hall briefly. Later on, they asked that a group from numbers 1-100 should go and continue while the rest waited.

Their systems kept giving us issues and so did their servers that no one could answer for a successful 10-20 m so this continued till around 6:30 when the generator set shut itself down leaving people like myself with about 1:25hour remaining of my time and some others whose own systems have not displayed their questions nor their time till that moment.

The Gen set was serviced and underwent repairs for about 2hrs and then around 8:30pm the 2nd set were asked to go in while the 1st, not yet concluded should wait, but after some minutes of confusion we, the 1st set had to go and join them.

The servers came up with its issues and troubled for quite some minutes till around some minutes after 9pm when everyone was forcefully asked to conclude as we were all automatically logged off by the admin on the server room.

I share this experience because i know its going to affect our results and performances and a such beckon on all who have louder voices to help us get this issues to JAMB officials to consider our plight.

It was really nothing to write home about. In fact, I plead that CBT should be re-organized or scrapped.

76 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Femco2016(m): 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
its painful, but na so so laugh i just dey laugh.... Nigeria is not ripe for this system of examination.... I suggest rural areas should use paper pencil while the urban CBT.... During my time i used paper pencil,and had all the times to answer and cross checked my answers before submitting. Paper pencil is the best for now.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by 300wayne: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
Ours was supposed to start by 11am as well but due 2 power challenges and faulty system we wer delayed till 5pm and even d last batch wch I happened 2 b amung started by 10pm and wrote 2ru 11pm it was a very bad experience.........

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by gbz123: 4:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
Get a lawyer to write a formal letter of complain to JAMB for compensation. Don't allow this to go away as your future is at stake. The corporate corruption going on in JAMB must be stop. You paid for this exercise so u have every right to demand compensation. Time of impunity is over in Nigeria.

133 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Adonis3: 4:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
G
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Ifeanyi4491(m): 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
Nawa For Nigeria And Their Oyinbo Mind Eh

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by fiftynaira(m): 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
We never ready for computer we dey form say na we build am

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by kennyman2000(m): 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hmmmmm.. Nigeria govt and their obodo oyinbo mentality jeopardising youths futures since time immemorial.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Importguru(m): 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Sorry bro... Jamb are just trying to put us on a better ICT platform that we lack facilities to meet up with.

7 Things Nigerians Know Too Well About Themselves
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Ask4bigneyo(m): 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Sorry Ooo Jambito

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Godswillnwaoma(m): 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
So sori bro bt its an annual occurrence. Glad u have a platform as dis to expose their ineptitude in d area of conducting a CBT.

Feel ur pain knowing dat u knw dat u may rewrite d Xam next yr for no fault of urs. But all hope is not lost yet.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Runaway: 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hmmm
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Aplaudez(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
sorry eh!
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by siegfried99(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
Kai
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
we can help
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by INTERMAN: 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
Next time register earlier . The earlier the better. It was those that reg late that Jamb fixed their exam on first day, 2nd day etc. While those that reg for Jamb earlier were given enough time after those days by then most of these issue wld av been resolved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by NOBODYY: 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jamb too wan dey form jagaban
Them never sort out "PPT" issues...them con jump to CBT

#Yimu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by nathaniel007(m): 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jamb is not ready for this e- exam they should go back to omr- sheet

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Chuksemi(m): 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jamb and nonesense. Synonyms.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Codeblues(m): 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
Funny set of people.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by AdonaiRoofing(m): 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
Eeyah

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by bid4rich(m): 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
My dear, take your matter to God.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by 9jatatafo(m): 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
Nigeria and copy copy.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by c4tnoelz: 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
pre-planned
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by macino1(m): 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
A lot still need to be done

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by repogirl(f): 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
This is probably the new system they are using to reduce the number of students admitted in schools.

Seriously, did the jamb officials vet these centres to know if they were capable of organising the examinations successfully?

Something has to be done about this! These kids are paying for someone else's foolishness and it's just not fair!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
We arent prepared for this cbt ish. .. Imagine,wasnt the center scrutinised ni

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by sotall(m): 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maths Teacher On His Way To Class For Double Period Lesson. / Moment Secondary School Students Outran Police Officer In Owerri, Imo (Video) / My "Couple's Life" Experience In Higher Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.