Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday (44906 Views)

Help needed my computer hanged when writing my jamb yesterday / I Wrote JAMB yesterday. My Result is Totally Unacceptable / My Sweet Experience With Jamb Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Damfostopper(m): 6:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTERMAN:
Next time register earlier . The earlier the better. It was those that reg late that Jamb fixed their exam on first day, 2nd day etc. While those that reg for Jamb earlier were given enough time after those days by then most of these issue wld av been resolved.
.... Wat is dis e_idiiots talking about.... Jamb started yesterday.... Registering earlier how?.... U even read d post at all?... Wasted 5min of my time quoting a slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Damfostopper(m): 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
Op get a lawyer n table ur case for compensation
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Generalkorex(m): 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTERMAN:
Next time register earlier . The earlier the better. It was those that reg late that Jamb fixed their exam on first day, 2nd day etc. While those that reg for Jamb earlier were given enough time after those days by then most of these issue wld av been resolved.
na lie o.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Psylas(m): 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
redcliff:

Actually, Jamb is not the problem. The problem is students always looking for ways to cheat the system. If folks did not try to always cheat during exams, I dont think jamb would try to sophisticate anything because there is no need fixing an unbroken system. The system is just too bad where students dont even do anything anymore and the only thing they just want to do is cheat and pass their way through. Hence, the procedures Jamb has been taking over they years. One time, it was just general questions and answers for everybody and it was fine, later because the level of cheating and malpractice was just too high that they had to switch it to types. Students also beat that system, later it was changed and It would keep changing until the level of malpractice reduces which i think would not. This generation wants to be spoon fed everything. Even success!
Did you even read the post? cheating made the generator to broke down for about 2 hrs?

next time read before you comment

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by redcliff: 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2016
Psylas:
Did you even read the post? cheating made the generator to broke down.

next time read before you comment

well, if there was not a cheating system then Jamb would not have any need to sophisticate their processes. It would have been the PBT method and there would be no need for generators anymore. You should go back to school to learn comprehension... you suck at it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by obinoral1179(m): 7:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTERMAN:
so myopic opinion. You think everyone got a silver spoon like you? If you don't know what to say just move on.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by choicesam(m): 7:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
ahless:
Mine the center started late and they had power problem and we were told our exam has ended. The center name adam christain institute emevor delta state
My bro too is writing @ dat same center. Can we chat on watsapp 08099713397.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nyceguy92: 7:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
[quote author=Jazzygrafix post=43331008]

One can understand the hassles the affected students passed through.

Even the delay in starting the exam is enough to make one tired much and lose concentration more the hiccups that lasted into the night.

JAMB was hasty in introducing computer-based tests.
They are not ready for it.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Elxandre(m): 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
SerialGist:

With this "next year" mentality of yours, this is why people write JAMB till age 35 and above. If i had known, i wouldnt have allowed myself to be used by JAMB the way it used untill i saw the light and freed myself.
How did you Free yourself bro?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by skyman200(m): 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
I can, t believe these, where did it happened?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nyceguy92: 7:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTERMAN:

For several reasons, candidates register at different times.
Late registration should not be an excuse for the ineptitude of JAMB. It is simply not ready for computer-based tests.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by titilayur(f): 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
my brother said d same thing, he has being sad since yesterday, I just pray jamb call dem to do it again
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by DanceVille: 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jazzygrafix:
MY BITTER EXPERIENCE WITH JAMB YESTERDAY

I happened to write Jamb yesterday in a school named Felicia and Barnabas School,Along Owerri-Aba Road, Ngor Okpala LGA, Imo State.
The exam which was scheduled to kick off by 11am, was first of all delayed due to substandard and un-inspected Desktop systems they had in this center. Also annoying was the fact that their snail-slow server refused to log us on till around 2pm when we finally did.

After some minutes of answering, the server auto-logged everyone out such that they had to ask us to leave the hall briefly. Later on, they asked that a group from numbers 1-100 should go and continue while the rest waited.

Their systems kept giving us issues and so did their servers that no one could answer for a successful 10-20 m so this continued till around 6:30 when the generator set shut itself down leaving people like myself with about 1:25hour remaining of my time and some others whose own systems have not displayed their questions nor their time till that moment.

The Gen set was serviced and underwent repairs for about 2hrs and then around 8:30pm the 2nd set were asked to go in while the 1st, not yet concluded should wait, but after some minutes of confusion we, the 1st set had to go and join them.

The servers came up with its issues and troubled for quite some minutes till around some minutes after 9pm when everyone was forcefully asked to conclude as we were all automatically logged off by the admin on the server room.

I share this experience because i know its going to affect our results and performances and a such beckon on all who have louder voices to help us get this issues to JAMB officials to consider our plight.

It was really nothing to write home about. In fact, I plead that CBT should be re-organized or scrapped.
Mehn! That's very bad...Bro, God of d Eleventh hour will surprise u wen ur result cums out..God has a very big plan 4 u, trust me..Just av faith..
Pls, were u given calculator nd spreadsheet?
Thanks in advance Sir..
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
SerialGist:

With this "next year" mentality of yours, this is why people write JAMB till age 35 and above. If i had known, i wouldnt have allowed myself to be used by JAMB the way it used untill i saw the light and freed myself.

Okk. So how were u used? what's d light u are talking abt? How did u free urself?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by enwerion: 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
gbz123:
Get a lawyer to write a formal letter of complain to JAMB for compensation. Don't allow this to go away as your future is at stake. The corporate corruption going on in JAMB must be stop. You paid for this exercise so u have every right to demand compensation. Time of impunity is over in Nigeria.
. You are totally right bro, am sure supreme court will even cancel the exam since CBT can't supercede paper exam. Just like card readers are not captured in our law so also CBT
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by haggdon: 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
I think people are too much on their server. To make JAMB work effectively, they need to have a better server like that one Facebook uses that can server millions of people without any difficulties.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by titilayur(f): 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
my
junior sister registered after my brother and her own is next week so d time table is not according to how one register

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by athorello(m): 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
This is gross.... My younger sister did jamb last year and scored 190. She's admitted to a poly but I asked her to stay put cos of family challenges. Long story short, we currently on my dad's burial and she's billed for cbt on Wednesday so I've been gingering her (number of practice per day, etc). However she shocked me today when she informed me that she'll be travelling to delsu campus 2 by Tuesday (same venue for her last jamb). According to her last year she was slated for 9.30am but delayed till almost 2pm, searched like twice and were forced to quit the cbt (virtually chased out of the hall) when she still had enough time to round up. I argued with her that it's not possible and had that in mind till I'm seeing candidates reactions now.
This is very serious as it appears jamb isn't ready yet. What can we get right in this naija Omo!
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by DanceVille: 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
300wayne:
Ours was supposed to start by 11am as well but due 2 power challenges and faulty system we wer delayed till 5pm and even d last batch wch I happened 2 b amung started by 10pm and wrote 2ru 11pm it was a very bad experience.........
Just av d hope dat u've excel nd made it bro..
God's work dnt nid calculation becos a bad xperience myt turn into a gud xperience..
All izz well.
Pls were u given calculator?
Thanks in advance sir!
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Psalm18: 7:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
redcliff:

Actually, Jamb is not the problem. The problem is students always looking for ways to cheat the system. If folks did not try to always cheat during exams, I dont think jamb would try to sophisticate anything because there is no need fixing an unbroken system. The system is just too bad where students dont even do anything anymore and the only thing they just want to do is cheat and pass their way through. Hence, the procedures Jamb has been taking over they years. One time, it was just general questions and answers for everybody and it was fine, later because the level of cheating and malpractice was just too high that they had to switch it to types. Students also beat that system, later it was changed and It would keep changing until the level of malpractice reduces which i think would not. This generation wants to be spoon fed everything. Even success!
You have no idea what you saying.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by cruz419(m): 7:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
it hurts me to here stories lyk dis but dat Nigeria for u ,,ojerinde or who ever is in charge is just an idiot,,I don't know how people think some tyme,,we are so gud at bringing innovation dat we can't handle,,now see d poor student are d one suffering it now,,i remember wat those basterd called jamb made me go through during my Tyne,, making people suffer for for for mistake dey dint commit!!
I just hope GOD will favour u my dere...cos dis jamb of a thing is so bleeped up now,,, >:

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Pref(m): 7:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
So na wetin u gat to say b dat,some people no get human sympatiy at all.ARE U Blaming him or what?i registered early enough but i wrote on the 27th.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by suyamasta(m): 7:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
This is very unfair

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by macino1(m): 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
gbz123:

The problem is with the JAMB leadership. Punish the JAMB leadership they will sit up by default.
I agree with you. too much indiscipline in the system.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by eminent007(m): 7:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTERMAN:

You no make any sense bros.

#NoVexButNaTheTruthBeThat

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by temmy2015(m): 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
redcliff:

this must be coming from a mentally deranged person.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by CioAngels(f): 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
Our educated illitrate leaders are making mockery of the poor Nigerian youth. If only people will stay without buying jamb form in one year as a protest for what jamb is intentionally doing to the youth. How can you make your cumcubine ill prepared school as jamb exam centre? What will happen to these children and many others like them? All the government wants is to sell 5million form then admit 500,000. What happens to 4.5m multiply by jamb form fee? This is stealing from the poor to give to the stealing civil servants and politicians. This is corruption in the highest order. Magu, please take note.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Anowax(m): 8:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTERMAN:
That's a very dumb comment from you. Did he have the money to register earlier and did not? Why making silly excuses for Jamb for this their poor arrangement? Please call a spade a spade. All fingers are not equal.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
And that idiot Fabian abi Benjamin abi ojerinde only Christ Jesus knows his name will now be doing software to confuse we poor innocent jambite. What can be more difficult than not having to write the exam you've prepared and have been waiting for

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by alfredb(f): 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
Lord,i refuse to experience dis on firday in Jesus name. Amen
Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Psylas(m): 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
redcliff:

well, if there was not a cheating system then Jamb would not have any need to sophisticate their processes. It would have been the PBT method and there would be no need for generators anymore. You should go back to school to learn comprehension... you suck at it
I don't know where to advise you to go and get common sense, Your reasoning is zero, because some students cheat and that's why JAMB should come up with faulty generators, systems?

if you insult me again I'll come for you

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Elxandre:
How did you Free yourself bro?
Know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures / UE Nwama, Igwe’s Son Graduates As Best Student At The Nigerian Defence Academy / Female OAU Students Climb Mast To Celebrate Their Graduation(pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.