Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,909 members, 7,799,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? (1336 Views)

Man Going For Interview Speaks Rudely To Prospective Employer Inside KEKE NAPEP / The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State / If A Prospective Employer Sends This Kind Of Mail, What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by Scholarforever: 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
I resigned from a private school in July 2015. According to the terms of employment I am entitled to over 300 thousand upon proper resignation. As I write this, the establishment is still owing me more than 200 thousand. I will appreciate it if anyone knows where I can go or what I can do to collect my money from from this heartless management.
Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by correctyourself(m): 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
What reason do they gave for not paying you till now?
Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by jonagaga(m): 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
Just leave the entitlement for LAWMA
Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by Scholarforever: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
correctyourself:
What reason do they gave for not paying you till now?
The owner said I should wait till d start of a new session she gave me about 35% in Nov and all pleas to get d rest since then have proved abortive.
Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by Scholarforever: 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
jonagaga:
Just leave the entitlement for LAWMA
This is my sweat my brother. Besides I need this money badly. And I am not the first to be so treated, so somebody has to stop this ugly trend.
Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by David0(m): 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
A private school with such entitlement must be d big ones.

I would hv advised u let it go, but 200k at d moment is too much mehn.

I ll suggest u see the school authority, probably sign an agreement, after which, if they fail, u can sue them.
Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by MrOlai: 9:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
Scholarforever:
I resigned from a private school in July 2015. According to the terms of employment I am entitled to over 300 thousand upon proper resignation. As I write this, the establishment is still owing me more than 200 thousand. I will appreciate it if anyone knows where I can go or what I can do to collect my money from from this heartless management.

Go to the "Office of the Public Defender" in Surulere. They will get your entitlements for you.

What is the name of the school?
Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by Scholarforever: 9:05am On Feb 29, 2016
David0:
A private school with such entitlement must be d big ones.

I would hv advised u let it go, but 200k at d moment is too much mehn.

I ll suggest u see the school authority, probably sign an agreement, after which, if they fail, u can sue them.

Thanks. However, I was given an appointment letter that clearly stated this as one of the terms of employment before I took up the job.
Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by Scholarforever: 9:12am On Feb 29, 2016
MrOlai:

Go to the "Office of the Public Defender" in Surulere. They will get your entitlements for you.

What is the name of the school?
Thanks a million for this info. As for the name of the school, let me not reveal it yet.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by David0(m): 11:11am On Feb 29, 2016
Scholarforever:
Thanks. However, I was given an appointment letter that clearly stated this as one of the terms of employment before I took up the job.

What I meant was, since d situation is like dis now, u can still sit n talk, come to an agreement aspa when u ll get ur payment. If possible u can document it n both parties sign off. If u think dey won't agree to sign such, then u can carry a voice recorder, record ur conversation with them, if dey fail to pay as promised on d said date, then u hv evidence to sue them, n u probably stand to gain more money.
Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by 9japrof(m): 11:50am On Feb 29, 2016
Scholarforever:
Thanks a million for this info. As for the name of the school, let me not reveal it yet.

This is the issue I have with some Nigerians, you are here begging for someone to help you profer solutions to a problem you have. According to your statement you feel exploited that they have not paid you what you are due and you are defending the organization by not revealing their identity. My friend if you are serious, reveal their identity, let it trend online. You would be surprised to see that some companies and organizations only comply only when they have been embarrassed

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by MrOlai: 11:13pm On Feb 29, 2016
9japrof:

This is the issue I have with some Nigerians, you are here begging for someone to help you profer solutions to a problem you have. According to your statement you feel exploited that they have not paid you what you are due and you are defending the organization by not revealing their identity. My friend if you are serious, reveal their identity, let it trend online. You would be surprised to see that some companies and organizations only comply only when they have been embarrassed

1000000000000000 likes!
Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by Scholarforever: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
Thanks to all who responded to my sos call especially @MrOlai. I did what u said and I've been paid and I also thank Asiwaju Tjnubu whose regime birthed OPD in Lagos.
Re: What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? by eboni112004: 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
I ALSO WORK WITH A FIRM WITHOUT APPOINTMENT LETTER NOR LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT; JUST WORKING AND EARNING SALARY, MOST TIME I FELT I WILL BE USED AND DUMPED WITHOUT ENTITLEMENT. CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME OF WHAT TO DO?

(1) (Reply)

Apply Now For Ongoing Recruitment At Phillips Consulting – 2016 / Sales Girl Wanted / Recruitment For Accountants And Customer Care Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.