Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

What's Happening To Glo? Anyone Experiencing This? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's Happening To Glo? Anyone Experiencing This? (2738 Views)

Airtel Megapack Problems: Users Are Experiencing This, No Response From Airtel / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription / Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Happening To Glo? Anyone Experiencing This? by ThisYourTatafo: 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
So a friend of mine complained that whenever she gets bonus airtime from Glo, it quickly gets exhausted even after making few minutes of local calls.

Imagine loading 1k5 worth of airtime and you don dey happy say Today na war cause that bae must feel your swag as u suppose call her for like 2 hrs non stop. Only for you to check your airtime balance come see from 3,000 to 156 after just a few minutes of calls o.

Seriously this double recharge scam needs to be checked.

You cannot deceive honest hard working Nigerians into loading large amounts of airtime with the hopes that they will be rewarded double/triple as the case may be.
And at the end of the day the credit run like Ferrari.

Please The NCC and other bodies within Nigeria saddled with the responsibility of checking the excesses of these telecommunication companies need to, as a matter of urgency, wake up to their responsibility and stop this day light robbery.

Imagine loading 5k airtime believing say u Don hammer 20k credit but all come be wash.
Jor o....

The other day I sent a text message to an international number only for me to see something like
"YOUR SMS COST 56 NAIRA "
Etisalat 300 recharge to give 900 for one week charge you that much on SMS to America...
I will post the screenshot below.

Abeg share your experiences.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Glo? Anyone Experiencing This? by feldido(m): 7:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
COMONTH is now N1500, so sad embarassed

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Glo? Anyone Experiencing This? by sprinter101(m): 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
I have not been able to make any call today with my glo line,i use glo cos of their comonth is cheap,i will port to another network and they rre surely going to loose customers
Re: What's Happening To Glo? Anyone Experiencing This? by ThisYourTatafo: 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
Connection problem or invalid MMI code....
That's what glo has been saying to me all day.
I can't even recharge... Glo! See money, make una take, una say no... Which kind thing be this?
Re: What's Happening To Glo? Anyone Experiencing This? by ThisYourTatafo: 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]

Connection problem or invalid MMI code....
That's what glo has been saying to me all day.
I can't even recharge... Glo! See money, make una take, una say no... Which kind thing be this?
Re: What's Happening To Glo? Anyone Experiencing This? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
.@ op actually you were billed 50k/sec from your bonus account. If you are given N3,000 bonus, you actually got 100 mins which is 1hr 40 mins and So the double double offer was use to cajole you to recharge your phone.
Re: What's Happening To Glo? Anyone Experiencing This? by ThisYourTatafo: 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:
.@ op actually you were billed 50k/sec from your bonus account. If you are given N3,000 bonus, you actually got 100 mins which is 1hr 40 mins and So the double double offer was use to cajole you to recharge your phone.

Bro I can tell you for sure it ain't billed that way... I am gonna experiment it and show you the call history
Re: What's Happening To Glo? Anyone Experiencing This? by Emexicoman(m): 8:20am On Feb 29, 2016
Any network that gives u bonus would collect it by way of 43k/s, just yesterday mtn gave me a bonus of 200 and I made a call of 30secs they took 15naira.
Mind u also if u are using the triple ur recharge tarrif, AL the network charge the same thing 43k/s... It's a controlled market undecided
Re: What's Happening To Glo? Anyone Experiencing This? by potbelly(m): 8:41am On Feb 29, 2016
I have to lend my voice to this issue. For the past six months, Glo has fraudulently deducted my credit. This started towards the ending of the month June 2015. 100 naira was deducted from my account. I called their customer care to report the incident. I was told i subscribed for one of their sms packaged which I didn't (why should i do such when i Have the internet at my disposal?) I asked how that possible when i didn't send an sms to request for the package, their reply was i probably answered one of the automated calls or someone didn't it on my behalf (crazy response). I was told the issue has been forwarded to their "so called engineers" and it will be resolved in 48hrs.I received an sms to that effect that the issue has been resolved. To avoid repetition of the incident, i stopped answering automated calls. although the sms stopped coming my credit was still deducted usually toward the end of the month and this continued till september when i decided not to reload my credit account. sometime in october I decided to reload my credit account and this time I ensured the credit left was always below 100 naira. This worked for the month october and november. Early december, I loaded my account because i intended to send christmas messages to friends, collegues and family, They deducted 100 naira the same day I loaded the account. Calling customer care again, i was told they can't tell me the exact service i subscribed for because their are carrying out system upgrade. After all the hot tempered words were released from me, the customer care officer told me she will forward the issue to their engineers. The same day, I received a message that the issue has been resolved. This repeated itself around christmas and the same shouts and assurance from the customer care official ensued. Just this week, I continued with my routine of ensuring the credit is below 100 naira, only for glo to deduct 50 naira out of the balance left. Same talk of they can't tell me what services i subscribed for because of system upgrade that the issue has been forwarded to the engineers for solution.

1.Now my issue is why should a telecom provider deduct credit for services that were not requested for i.e forcing it on the subscribers

2. I don't know what the so called engineers are doing in that place because i believe if an issue should be resolved, it should be resolved once and for all.

I know some people will say its just 100 naira but think of how many subcribers maybe running into millions that have similar experiences.

(1) (Reply)

Using Phones While Charging - Phone Explodes & Destroys The Face Of A Nigerian / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Vs Tecno L9 Plus / Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Specs & Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.