Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom (30483 Views)

Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars / Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle / Buhari Has Removed Veil Of Economic Secrecy- Sen Nwaogu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Naijazeera: 3:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
See Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama and the Queen all wear viel in Muslim land as a sign of respect for religion and culture.

Adesoun's case should be an exception.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Topestbilly(m): 3:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
Where's dat guy ranting yesterday sef..

He didn't see dis one, it's dat one Michelle not covering her hair he could Google searched.

Hypocrisy is a disease..

Am not a Wailer nor a zombie Al I need is a good governance

Lastly, not a religion bigot.

203 Likes 12 Shares

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by realjoker(m): 4:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
Take wailers serious at ur own peril. U guys should have know that their level of IQ is very low. People who believe that a democratic president can islamize a nation, those not deserve ur attention and praciou time.

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by vedaxcool(m): 4:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
If an adult female decides to wear a scarf, I don't see how that turns into jerks convulsing all over the place. Wailing zombies are brainless, senseless and supporters of PDP criminals and criminality

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by sdindan: 4:34pm On Feb 29, 2016
Op are you okay?
Must you defend everything.

So females should open their heads during winter

typical zombie

7 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by kelvinatkins(m): 4:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
when you are in rome, you behave like a roman.
its a pity that most wailer are suffering from fayose's syndrome.
the must have a reason to complain about d government.
May God embarrass you people with common sense

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by elkonS: 5:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
counter thread tins ......kikikiki

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Blackfire(m): 5:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
What is there to respect in Islam?

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Goddex: 5:49pm On Feb 29, 2016
[size=35pt]Photoshopped[/size]
Zombies will do everything to cover their shame

17 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by CACAWA(m): 6:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
Goddex:
[size=35pt]Photoshopped[/size]
Zombies will do everything to cover their shame
fear God sir. Ahhhh

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by meccuno: 7:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
vedaxcool:
If an adult female decides to wear a scarf, I don't see how that turns into jerks convulsing all over the place. Wailing zombies are brainless, senseless and supporters of PDP criminals and criminality
always seen on topics that involves islam, biafra, paedophile talk, marriage with minors and topics that depict you having a low IQ.....not surprised seeing you here

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Bugatie(m): 8:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
Of all that's facing the country today, you guys deem it fit to make veil the subject of discussion, smh

4 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by realjoker(m): 9:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
Lalasticlala, mynd44, obinoscopy this deserve fp since the other thead critising the minister of finance hit fp. We want justice and equality.

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by musicwriter(m): 11:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
So Ms. Adeosun should wear veil because white people are wearing it?. This's exactly what mental slavery is!!

We have a mind of our own!. White man is not a standard for doing anything!.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by seunajia: 11:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
Nigerians will still need to learn to ignore IPod youths, just as Mr. President does. They are complete bell-ends and always up to no good.

You'd have thought Adeosun committed a heinous crime by covering her hair.

Tueh!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Flexherbal(m): 11:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
It is good to respect other people's culture.

5 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Olumidzti(m): 11:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
This is not important. We should be more concerned about the deal. They agreed on a deal and people are more concerned about the veil. They met to strike a deal, talk about the deal, not a veil..

14 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by seunajia: 11:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
musicwriter:
So Ms. Adeosun should wear veil because white people are wearing it?. This's exactly what mental slavery is!!

A 48 yo woman does not have a mind of her own, tell us more.

Please be informed that we have also chosen to overlook the fact that you maliciously pretend not to know this rebuttal is just to show that others have towed the path of civility/courtesy/respecting your hosts. Unllike some you-know-whos who are born bigots and ethnic jingoists.

And MRS Adeosun it is.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by musicwriter(m): 1:01am On Mar 01, 2016
seunajia:

A 48 yo woman does not have a mind of her own, tell us more.

Please be informed that we have also chosen to overlook the fact that you maliciously pretend not to know this rebuttal is just to show that others have towed the path of civility/courtesy/respecting your hosts. Unllike some you-know-whos who are born bigots and ethnic jingoists.

And MRS Adeosun it is.

Projecting our culture and who we're to our host is part of diplomacy, and be informed what Ms. Adesun represent there in NIGERIA not her personal interest.

Do you know of any occasion where the king of Qatar or Saudi Arabia have ever visited another country in a different attire?. Let me know, please.

I'm no ethnic oriented person, my nairaland archives is your witness.

6 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 01, 2016
Topestbilly:
Where's dat guy ranting yesterday sef..

He didn't see dis one, it's dat one Michelle not covering her hair he could Google searched.

Hypocrisy is a disease..
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by irondome: 2:25am On Mar 01, 2016
musicwriter:

And just yesterday, some of you guys were screaming to the highest heaven that Mrs Adeosun shouldn't have worn the veil because the likes of Clinton and Obama never wore it.

Common sense simply says you can't have it both ways.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by musicwriter(m): 2:32am On Mar 01, 2016
irondome:

And just yesterday, some of you guys were screaming to the highest heaven that Mrs Adeosun shouldn't have worn the veil because the likes of Clinton and Obama never wore it.

Common sense simply says you can't have it both ways.

I cannot be one of the people to say she should use it because white people are using it. And, that's exactly what I'm still saying here.

I said "White man is not a standard for doing anything!". This means she should continue dressing as a Yoruba woman whether white people like it or not, whether white people use veil or not.

How many white people have ever dressed like this to Nigeria?.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Aromas: 3:39am On Mar 01, 2016
CACAWA:
fear God sir. Ahhhh
Why must you tell him to fear God? Can't you just leave alone and let him go astray...........

2 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by menacetosociety: 3:40am On Mar 01, 2016
Why are u people taking this useless IPOB thugs serious?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by skademzy(m): 5:01am On Mar 01, 2016
But why did my president stand like an errand boy in the 2nd pix? It look embarrasing pls undecided

2 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Mylove55(f): 5:50am On Mar 01, 2016
realjoker:
Lalasticlala, mynd44, obinoscopy this deserve fp since the other thead critising the minister of finance hit fp. We want justice and equality.
is so annoying seeing such a rubbish in fp,
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:06am On Mar 01, 2016
In Saudi Arabia, women are not permitted to drive; how can a female tourist in the country show her driving skill without running foul of the law?

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by caselessogbuagu: 6:17am On Mar 01, 2016
They're are being forced to join Islam.

The worst set of Christians I have seen in my life are those from Nigeria and they're mostly from the east.

They claim to be Catholic, bow before mother Mary to pray, follow the rev fathers and sisters in their various churches, but are more hateful than anyone. If not so, how can anyone that love mother Mary hate someone who covers her head? I'm yet to see a picture of Mary without veil.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by caselessogbuagu: 6:18am On Mar 01, 2016
skademzy:
But why did my president stand like an errand boy in the 2nd pix? It look embarrasing pls undecided
he should have stood like John cena or undertaker before he could make you proud?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by caselessogbuagu: 6:26am On Mar 01, 2016
musicwriter:

shut up and face the issue. Who's saying she should do what the whites do? Are we talking about culture here or religion? Why are you this shallow-minded and Inciteful? Come off it!

Adeosun is on an official visit with the president just like the "white people" who the OP used as the example , so that calls for comparison and does not in anyway depict slavery.

I want you to tell me how many times you have complained about adeosun wearing the clothes that belongs to the "whites" even while in Nigeria.

musicwriter:

I cannot be one of the people to say she should use it because white people are using it. And, that's exactly what I'm still saying here.

I said "White man is not a standard for doing anything!". This means she should continue dressing as a Yoruba woman whether white people like it or not, whether white people use veil or not.

How many white people have ever dressed like this to Nigeria?.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by caselessogbuagu: 6:39am On Mar 01, 2016
Blackfire:
What is there to respect in Islam?
I think there's nothing to respect in Christianity too and I can prove that without blinking.

26 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2016 APC Governorship Rally In Akure, Ondo State (Photos) / Tinubu, Shettima, GEJ, Sanwo-Olu And Others Attend Bishop Kukah's 70th Birthday / Osinbajo, Wife And Ortom Attend Wedding Event In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.