Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Ese Oruru: Ben Bruce Threatens To Report IG To UN Commission On Human Rights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ese Oruru: Ben Bruce Threatens To Report IG To UN Commission On Human Rights (968 Views)

Press Briefing Of Ese Oruru In Abuja / Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries / Senate Forgery: Judge Orders IG To Appear In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ese Oruru: Ben Bruce Threatens To Report IG To UN Commission On Human Rights by Brytawon(m): 3:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
The abduction and consequent marriage of a
14-year-minor, Ese Oruru from Bayelsa State
by a Kano boy, Yunusa is gradually taking
another dimension as the Senator representing
Bayelsa East District, Ben Murray-Bruce
lambasts Inspector General of Police, Solomon
Arase over his comment.

Ben Bruce who just arrived in Nigeria
bemoaned the statement credited to Arase
that only the Emir of Kano, Mallam Sanusi
Lamido Sanusi could influence him to release
the abducted girl whose parents had been in
serious trauma.

Yunusa had abducted Ese in August 2015 in
Opolo, Yenagoa Local Government Area of
Bayelsa State and taken her to Kano where he
converted her to a Muslim and consequently
married the minor.

The girl’s parents had raised the alarm and in
the course of rescuing their daughter, they
had travelled to Kano, only to be told that the
girl had married and would not be released.
After series of police investigations and
intervention by the Emir of Kano, the IG, Arase
made a comment that only Sanusi could make
him to release the girl.

Reacting, the raging senator who spoke at the
Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja
on Monday said he had contacted Emir of
Kano and that the monarch had exonerated
himself from the issue. He said, “I have been
on an international flight without Internet and
just landed at MMA only to be briefed on the
abduction of Ese.

After being briefed I have consulted to
establish the facts of the matter. Having done
so, I make the following statement; Directing
his message to Arase, Ben Bruce said, IGP
Arase, Ese is a minor and can’t consent to
marry.

The constitution is clear. Your duty is to
ensure her release to her parents. The
constitution of Nigeria respects no person. To
pick and choose on whom it should apply is
unconstitutional. Use your powers to free Ese.
Your statement that Ese's release is
"dependent" on persons is sad. Her release is
guaranteed by the constitution.

Ben Bruce said, "Ensure you Free Ese. If you
refuse to enforce the Nigerian constitution this
matter will be escalated to the United Nations
Commission on Human Rights. "

The IGP is in a pole position to show that
there are no sacred cows in Nigeria and
everyone is equal before the law,” he said.

www.silverbirdtv.com/politics/11460-ese-oruru-ben-bruce-threatens-report-ig-un-commission-human-rights
Re: Ese Oruru: Ben Bruce Threatens To Report IG To UN Commission On Human Rights by NobleAngell(f): 3:49pm On Feb 29, 2016
For the first time, I totally agree with BMB. Arase is playing with his job.It shoulda bin his daughter. How dare he say that? So Ese should remain in the custody of that wicked paedophile until Sanusi feels the need to step in. If u and Sanusi have a sort of arrangement, u berra tell us o.
Re: Ese Oruru: Ben Bruce Threatens To Report IG To UN Commission On Human Rights by Orjioorji(f): 3:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hausa people are looking for trouble, I will soon travelled to Adamawa and kidnap my lovely Halima.
Re: Ese Oruru: Ben Bruce Threatens To Report IG To UN Commission On Human Rights by tsephanyah(f): 3:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
peace please
Re: Ese Oruru: Ben Bruce Threatens To Report IG To UN Commission On Human Rights by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 29, 2016
When the Emir whose palace the girl is allegedly kept is not saying anything.
Re: Ese Oruru: Ben Bruce Threatens To Report IG To UN Commission On Human Rights by Brytawon(m): 4:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
kennygee:
When the Emir whose palace the girl is allegedly kept is not saying anything.

Religion is the biggest scam that has ever befallen mankind. Quote me anywhere.

A minor who who can easily be threatened, brainwashed or jazzed willingly accepted to marry her kidnapper? I want to believe something else.
Re: Ese Oruru: Ben Bruce Threatens To Report IG To UN Commission On Human Rights by Tallesty1(m): 4:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
The girl has been married and cannot be released
Like seriously?

Married to who? By who? How can you kidnap a child, convert her to your religion and then marry her? Is that not a punishable offence?

I will really be disappointed in Nigeria if the kidnapper is not arrested and prosecuted asaply.

One day this abokis will kidnap ones' wife and marry her then kill him for questioning them.
Re: Ese Oruru: Ben Bruce Threatens To Report IG To UN Commission On Human Rights by funlord(m): 4:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
grin

The mallam and the minor? Dis one na 2016 romeo and juliet dem be oh!!!
Re: Ese Oruru: Ben Bruce Threatens To Report IG To UN Commission On Human Rights by forgiveness: 5:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hmm! "only the Emir of Kano, Mallam Sanusi
Lamido Sanusi could influence him to release
the abducted girl".

Welcome to Republic Emirate of Nigeria where order comes from the Emir or Sultan. We don enter one chance thing. grin For dem mind only but for my mind it is imposicat. grin

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Amaechi Picks Up Stranded Nigerians On Their Way To Work (photos) / $2.1b Arms Deals: Jonathan’s Men Return Cash / Kaduna State Gets New Police Commissioner,Mr Adamu Ibrahim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.