Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. (2868 Views)

Concrete Mix Ration For Decking Slab / Materials Estimate For Decking A Building (12.5m X 5.8m) / What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by Nyceguy92: 7:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
Dear Nairalanders,

Please, I need the experts in the house to help me with a list of the sizes and types/quality of electrical and plumbing materials for my concrete deck.

There is this relative from my maternal home who has booked the wiring work right from foundation and has been sending me reminders.
I would like to buy quality materials myself for him to work with. Don't want mistakes.....

The building measures 66 x 50 feet with a void of 20 x 20 feet. There is a sitting room, kitchen and 5 rooms on ground floor
I am looking wiring the following utilities: Light, A/C, Heaters, Cable, Internet.

The iron guy gave me estimates of 300 lengths of 12mm rods and 50 lengths of 16mm. Do I need more or less?
Any other useful info and advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your valuable time.
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by segcymoor(m): 8:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
Search for Topsy.
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by Nyceguy92: 9:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
segcymoor:
Search for Topsy.

Did you mean "Topsy" as a Google search item or on Nairaland as a subscriber?

I did both but nothing germain came out.
Could you please give some hints.
Thanks.
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by mufutau55(m): 1:39am On Mar 01, 2016
Search for Topsy23
This is his thread.. go talk to him there:

https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing

Hajji M.
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by Nyceguy92: 12:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
mufutau55:
Search for Topsy23
This is his thread.. go talk to him there:

https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing

Hajji M.

Thanks but I am sorry I am not looking to award a contract. I only want some ideas from readers on NL.

Please readers, your inputs highly needed.
Thanks.
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by mufutau55(m): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nyceguy92:

Thanks but I am sorry I am not looking to award a contract. I only want some ideas from readers on NL.
Please readers, your inputs highly needed.
Thanks.

He is also a reader and he can help you go thru the quotes because that is his profession (electrical and plumbing).
Not every professionals helping here are looking for anyones contract.

Hajji M.
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by Nyceguy92: 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
mufutau55:

He is also a reader and he can help you go thru the quotes because that is his profession (electrical and plumbing).
Not every professionals helping here are looking for anyones contract.

Hajji M.

Thanks for the feedback.
I don't have a quote yet....just want to have, in gross terms, an idea of what to expect before getting down to the nitty-gritty.
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by Nyceguy92: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
[quote author=Nyceguy92 post=43366046]

Wow. People just read and pass.
Do I take it there are no experts in the house willing to make some input?

Or is it because this post is NOT about sex and female cleavages?
I will continue to fight the feeling of disappointment about to envelope me.
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by twinskenny(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
[quote author=Nyceguy92 post=43508266][/quote]if you need a professional advice on electrical and plumbing talk to oga topsy either you want to give him the job is entirely different.. Electrical and plumbing are very delicate to handle
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by topsy23: 11:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
Sorry for late response. Just seeing this post.

Base on the description of the building meantioned I.e 5bedroom, kitchen and sitting on the ground floor,

Decking Materials(DIGNITY MATERIALS)
20mmm pipe for internal ground lighting, external wall light, AC and water heater
25mm for DSTV, cooker unit and the load cable feeding the distribution baord from changeover switch.
20mm 4-ways box for light you planned to have)
20mm coupler
25mm coupler
Gum.

These are the materials you need for the decking. The quantity will depend on design drawings.

Thanks.
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by Nyceguy92: 2:04am On Mar 06, 2016
topsy23:
Sorry for late response. Just seeing this post.

Base on the description of the building meantioned I.e 5bedroom, kitchen and sitting on the ground floor,

Decking Materials(DIGNITY MATERIALS)
20mmm pipe for internal ground lighting, external wall light, AC and water heater
25mm for DSTV, cooker unit and the load cable feeding the distribution baord from changeover switch.
20mm 4-ways box for light you planned to have)
20mm coupler
25mm coupler
Gum.

These are the materials you need for the decking. The quantity will depend on design drawings.

Thanks.

Thanks, topsy23.
You are the first among several viewers to respond in a quantitative manner.
My understanding of this forum, and other fora elsewhere, is where people share knowledge, ideas, experiences, etc without holding back.

Sorry to say so but this thread has not generated the kind of activity I had expected.
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by mufutau55(m): 2:10am On Mar 06, 2016
Nyceguy92:

Thanks, topsy23.
You are the first among several viewers to respond in a quantitative manner.
My understanding of this forum, and other fora elsewhere, is where people share knowledge, ideas, experiences, etc without holding back.
Sorry to say so but this thread has not generated the kind of activity I had expected.

Is that not the reason we told you to contact him? Only people who have knowledge in your question will answer you.
Electrical and Plumbing responses should not be based on an assumption but on knowledge.

Hajji M.
Re: Need Help With Electrical & Plumbing List For Decking. by topsy23: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
mufutau55:

Is that not the reason we told you to contact him? Only people who have knowledge in your question will answer you.
Electrical and Plumbing responses should not be based on an assumption but on knowledge.

Hajji M.

Thanks for the recommendation sir.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Not Building This Type Of Houses, Photos / »»» Hostels Up For Sale Around UNIPORT ««« / Nicon Town, Lekki: A Tastefully Finished 5brm Luxury Detached House+2br Bungalow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.