Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes (19978 Views)

Step-by-step Guide On How To Embed A Facebook Video In Wordpress / Step By Step Guide On Creating Facebook Phishing Site For Hacking / Contact A Website Cloning Expert (Pay after Service) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by eniayo6664(m): 9:31am On Mar 02, 2016
Following you
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by dapelua(m): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2016
nice tutorial..... well done
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 02, 2016
it is driving traffic to your site that matters bro
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by ollyboy009(m): 9:48am On Mar 02, 2016
following
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by klassic(m): 10:13am On Mar 02, 2016
jchima14:
Being able to create a website for free is the dream of every small business on a really tight budget. However, it may seem like a daunting task if you don’t have prior knowledge of HTML (that is the web programming language used to create web pages). But don’t worry; you won’t even need to have any prior programming knowledge to be able to build your own site from scratch – and for free.

In this article, I’m going to teach you how to build your own website without spending a dime. Well, to make your website appear a bit more professional, you may have to purchase a unique domain name such as (www.yourcompanyname.com).

So let’s go straight to the tutorial.

Buy a domain name (skip this step if you really want to have a website for free without spending a dime):

After buying the domain name, you will have to head over straight to www.. The entire process is just in about five simple steps. It will take you maximum of 30 minutes since it is your first website. But for an experienced person like myself, I can design a wordpress website in just 10 minutes, yes it’s that simple.

Step 1

While on the wordpress platform, you can choose to create a “business website” OR “a blog” depending on what you want – for the purpose of this tutorial, select CREAT WEBSITE

free web1

Then select the category of industry your business website will be. I selected BUSINESS & SERVICES and then TECHNOLOGY & COMPUTING

Step 2

Pick A Template:

Here you will have to select a suitable template from hundreds of themes available.

create website with wordpress

Step 3

Select the domain name for your website. Here you have the option of choosing a domain name which will take the format

yourcompanyname. (100% FREE)

OR

Yourcompanyname.com (PAID - $18/yr i.e. about N5,000) – this is the only money you will spend.

website design free with wordpress

However, if you are using this website for a business, I would strongly advise you go for a paid unique domain name instead of the free one. This shows a higher level of professionalism and seriousness on your part.

If you previously own a domain name, you can link it to the wordpress plat from for just $13.

Step 4

Then enter your desired domain name. If the name is available, you will be able to claim it by clicking SELECT. If not, you would have to select another name. For this tutorial I’m going to select

webdesignnigeria. (FREE and AVAILABLE)

wordpress website design free

Step 5

Afterwards, select the free version and then you will be redirected to where you can enter your EMAIL ADDRESS, SELECT A USERNAME, PASSWORD and CREATE ACCOUNT

Voila!

You just created a website for free using wordpress.

Finally, you will then customize the website as it will be totally blank at this point. Create your new pages, Add menu items, etc. In my next article, I will be explaining how to customize a wordpress template to suite any type of website.

Now you can try the steps outlined above and get your first website online today.

SOURCE: http://ebrandpromotion.com/website-design-nigeria/index.php/blog/19-step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-create-a-website-for-free-in-10-minutes
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by kentochi(m): 10:42am On Mar 02, 2016
good one
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by damenko7: 10:54am On Mar 02, 2016
Hello people,

Visit of my blogs I have set up to train those who want to start making money while blogging. You will learn how to monetize your blog, freelance online and other things.

Visit. Http://blognow4living.com.ng. Today...

Contact this email for more details
Asknow@blognow4living.com.ng
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by damenko7: 11:07am On Mar 02, 2016
At http://blognow4living.com.ng. You will learn;

1. How to create a blog, I will give you numbers of good Web hosting companies here in Nigeria to choose from

2. You will learn how to blog effectively

3. You will learn how to freelance online

4. Affiliate marketing is another thing I will show you how to do

5. You will learn how to customise your blog with wordpress and give it a professional look

6. I will give you the best selling niche markets online, and many more...

So why waiting, start making a living online today and stop waiting for white collar jobs.

Visit blognow4living.com.ng

Contact me on: Asknow@blognow4living.com.ng. For more details.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by jude90(m): 11:37am On Mar 02, 2016
nice one
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by MxFactor: 12:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
Learn html with css in 7days and build your site the way you wnt it. That's the easy way
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by AkpanUnanam(m): 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
hear
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by gungab(m): 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2016
what's the difference between WordPress and blog, please shed more light
2.I already have a blog @ my signature, how can I get a domain name and also change the name as well
meaningful contribution is welcomed
thanks
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by kumbalo(m): 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
Thank you.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by ysd01(m): 2:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
aliscomonaj:
You called a website or blog? There is more to website than that my brother. That is a blog.

GOD bless you brother, when they need Dynamic sites with complex data mining Algorithms nobody will do for free for them... No wordpress, No blogger, no weebly, nobody.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by bongolistik(m): 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2016
lekankolade:
nice work, pls explain more on how to buy domain name
Here is more on how to buy domain name
http://highteknology.com/2016/03/how-to-buy-domain-name.html
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by lurlah2014(f): 4:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
THANKS OP I JUST GAINED MY OWN WEB NOW

HOW CAN I MAKE MY PAYMENT SO I CAN PERSONALIZE THE SETTING PLS?
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by titosantana(m): 10:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
smiley smiley
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by chiboy11(m): 12:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
jchima14:
Being able to create a website for free is the dream of every small business on a really tight budget. However, it may seem like a daunting task if you don’t have prior knowledge of HTML (that is the web programming language used to create web pages). But don’t worry; you won’t even need to have any prior programming knowledge to be able to build your own site from scratch – and for free.

In this article, I’m going to teach you how to build your own website without spending a dime. Well, to make your website appear a bit more professional, you may have to purchase a unique domain name such as (www.yourcompanyname.com).

So let’s go straight to the tutorial.

Buy a domain name (skip this step if you really want to have a website for free without spending a dime): cool

After buying the domain name, you will have to head over straight to www.. The entire process is just in about five simple steps. It will take you maximum of 30 minutes since it is your first website. But for an experienced person like myself, I can design a wordpress website in just 10 minutes, yes it’s that simple.

Step 1

While on the wordpress platform, you can choose to create a “business website” OR “a blog” depending on what you want – for the purpose of this tutorial, select CREAT WEBSITE

free web1

Then select the category of industry your business website will be. I selected BUSINESS & SERVICES and then TECHNOLOGY & COMPUTING

Step 2

Pick A Template:

Here you will have to select a suitable template from hundreds of themes available.

create website with wordpress

Step 3

Select the domain name for your website. Here you have the option of choosing a domain name which will take the format

yourcompanyname. (100% FREE)

OR

Yourcompanyname.com (PAID - $18/yr i.e. about N5,000) – this is the only money you will spend.

website design free with wordpress

However, if you are using this website for a business, I would strongly advise you go for a paid unique domain name instead of the free one. This shows a higher level of professionalism and seriousness on your part.

If you previously own a domain name, you can link it to the wordpress plat from for just $13.

Step 4

Then enter your desired domain name. If the name is available, you will be able to claim it by clicking SELECT. If not, you would have to select another name. For this tutorial I’m going to select

webdesignnigeria. (FREE and AVAILABLE)

wordpress website design free

Step 5

Afterwards, select the free version and then you will be redirected to where you can enter your EMAIL ADDRESS, SELECT A USERNAME, PASSWORD and CREATE ACCOUNT

Voila!

You just created a website for free using wordpress.

Finally, you will then customize the website as it will be totally blank at this point. Create your new pages, Add menu items, etc. In my next article, I will be explaining how to customize a wordpress template to suite any type of website.

Now you can try the steps outlined above and get your first website online today.

SOURCE: http://ebrandpromotion.com/website-design-nigeria/index.php/blog/19-step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-create-a-website-for-free-in-10-minutes
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by wadetaw202: 7:43am On Mar 13, 2016
jchima14:
op, pls can I use WordPress to create landing page? How do I go about it?
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by wadetaw202: 7:45am On Mar 13, 2016
timidapsin:
Video or I don't believe undecided

You Dont believe what? Someone gave you free guide and you still say you Dont believe it? Looks like you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by orlaryhincah(m): 7:54am On Mar 13, 2016
lurlah2014:
THANKS OP I JUST GAINED MY OWN WEB NOW

HOW CAN I MAKE MY PAYMENT SO I CAN PERSONALIZE THE SETTING PLS?
There's only the online payment option, which u have to make use of ur Naira Mastercard
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by orlaryhincah(m): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2016
oemmanuel:
Can the free website (something.) be upgraded to customized (if I decided to make payment afterwards) one later?

Thanks
Yes
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by eworm: 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Buying domain is not a big deal, just visit the web hosting and domain registration company that you want to buy the domain from, enter your domain name to search for it and when you are told that its available, order and pay for it

YOU MIGHT EVEN BE LUCKY TO GET THE DOMAIN FREE, DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF DOMAIN EXTENSION YOU ARE BUYING

Hope I was able to help on the explanation

lekankolade:
nice work, pls explain more on how to buy domain name
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by eworm: 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
In building your website for free, you can also use the website builder, although most companies give their website builder for a small or huge cost.

Some like ours, give it free. Even free website design is available. So if he can provide you what you want, that is great

lennywillz:
been looking for something like this
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by eworm: 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
Using blogger platform is great, but better when you want to have a blog.

So having your own hosted website is best, from my experience

MeloGist:

yes it can after payment is made, but i recommend you using blogger platform, it free
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by eworm: 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
To my believe i don't think he is spoiling business for high cost web designers, he is only trying to help the starters.

Every know that good soup cost money with great effort, so free website, 30k website, 1Million Naira website cant be the same.

Fashola that spent 78Million Naira to develop his website was not crazy when he did that; and he must have saw the 50k website before he went for gold website development

I believe the person doing this free website also do paid website for up to 100k, you may ask him

nwanna89:
Spoiling business for our 30k per website designers oh
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by eworm: 12:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
Pls tell then because many people doubt too much

Well dont blame them too much, the world is so funny these days

wadetaw202:

You Dont believe what? Someone gave you free guide and you still say you Dont believe it? Looks like you are on your own.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by yomalex(m): 6:51am On Mar 14, 2016
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Henrypius: 7:44am On Jul 03, 2016
Freelancer007:
Nice one coolI would suggest to everyone to go research online it will help you to understand more
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Henrypius: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2016
yomalex:
Need Wordpress themes go here => https://www.nairaland.com/2980230/need-wp-themes-woocommerce-extensions
research on youtube website to enable you acquire more .
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by yomalex(m): 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2016
Henrypius:
research on youtube website to enable you acquire more .
?

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Henrypius: 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
orlaryhincah:

There's only the online payment option, which u have to make use of ur Naira Mastercard
there is Nigeria webhosting out there search online

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Post Your .com Website Here For Review, Traffic And Follow / Supreme Court Of Nigeria Website Hacked!!! / What Do You Mostly Do Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.