Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash (14052 Views)

Lady Swindled After Purported Removal Of Cowry From Her Private / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 / Lady Murdered By Fiance In Ebonyi Who Committed Suicide Swindled 3 Suitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by kennysteve77: 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
Fellow NL, I'm glad that I'm sharing this experience with joy because they did not succeed. As a Web Developer, I developed a business website and the client was satisfied and decided to pay me in dollars. I called a BDC operator who I once did business with and he told me he would buy at N295 per dollar. I also called a friend who gave me another person's number and that one told me he would buy at N314 which I later negotiated to N319. This guy is a lawyer who operates his Forex business inside an office at the Lagos Airport Hotel. On getting to the entrance, I met many other agents and I decided to find out the going rate. One agreed to buy at N340. I was very happy and told him I had $500. He immediately calculated it to be N170,000 and brought out a bail of N1000 notes and also signaled to a colleague for the balance of N70,000. He counted the N100,000 while I watched and he gave to me. I counted AGAIN and noticed it was N99,000. The first pointer to me was that as slow as I was while counting the N100,000 given to me, he did not finish counting the remaining N70,000. He was questionably slow and pretended not to be looking at me while I was counting. Immediately I told him one was missing, he collected the whole bunch from me and decided to count again. He also counted 99 and then collected N1,000 from his friend and added it to the 99 notes he already counted. He handed it to me and asked me to put it inside my pocket. Surprisingly, his friend re-echoed it so I decided to count again because I could feel that the bulk had been halved. Behold, as I started counting, one of them just snatched the whole bunch from me saying he needed to return it to the bank that gave them incomplete notes. Then I confirmed my suspicion and took to my heels. They followed me begging that they would bring a different bail but I kept walking away. I then returned to my gentle self and called the one inside the office who actually invited me before covetousness decided to take over. Though I changed it at N319 per dollar, I'm very happy that some hoodlums are not drinking beer and eating cowtail at an Ashewo joint with my money this evening...

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Eghosa1(m): 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
Happy for you Buddy. As the wisdom word says "All that glitters ain't gold".

Enjoy.

9 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by trishapal(f): 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
That's the power of instinct. Everyone has an inner man that speaks to them but some listen to several external noises which makes them pay less attention to their inner man's voice. Op, nice one...

Mods lalasticlala ishilove... This is a good front-page material

31 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Damilare5882(m): 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
wink
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by gabazin080(m): 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
God saved you.

You could have been scammed just like Buhari scammed this nation

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by hubhousecapital: 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
And I thought
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by lekanafo: 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
ojukokoro almost destroy you,God win sha

4 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by alorax2(f): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2016
Thank God u outwitted them.

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by zeezyoung(m): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2016
Lol Olojukokoro God saved u

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by klassykute(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
raise ur hand if ur here to book for space
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by davades(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
You are a lucky man
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Dottune(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
Thank God for your life
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by lakeside30: 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
This is their work at Alade market Allen Round About

Shine ur eyes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by gabazin080(m): 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
klassykute:
raise ur hand if ur here to book for space
KIDS EVERYWHERE.

do u get paid for having your comments on Fp

12 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by jay2pee(m): 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
Kk
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Lukandah00001(m): 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
Long throat for kill you today. Oloju kokoro
tongue

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Engrr(m): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
Happy for you! U see what greediness could have caused u?

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by eleko1: 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
Oju kokoro o da sad Thank God,u come back to ur sense.

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by pappilo(m): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/1277919/scammers-fraud-mmia-arrivals

Old moves. Discussed in thread linked above.
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Sanchase: 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
Bro u are very lucky, they swap ur original dollar too with fake n tell you the rate just changed, u go collect the fake and waka making the hoodlums 100 percent richer.

Theses hoodlums are the speculators the FG is fighting, they offer ridiculously high rate from market rate to entice you as soon as you put head they chop ur meat.

Its best not to be greedy with exchange.

6 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
OP, lucky you.
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Anijay1212(m): 9:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
Narrow escape bro... Go and dont try to be greedy next time.
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Dindondin(m): 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
him..
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Tripgirl: 9:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
Chai, greed! Had a good laugh anyway
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by enitanpopoola(m): 9:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
Those guys at Airport Hotel are criminals. Anyone that want to transact business there should go inside the Hotel and meet a registered person.

3 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
My friend and I fell victim over 5 years ago in Allen. Those guys short changed us with 15k out of 200k, but we went back with full force and created a scene. Though, we didn't get the money but some of them would have spent the money to treat the injuries sustained at the hospital.
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
Always go inside a shop to change money. Always!!!

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by BE811APP: 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
hmmmm
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by scaler345: 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
Your title is misleading.
What has God had to do with what you narrated now?
You were vigilant and attentive, simple.
Give yourself some credits man.

5 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by scaler345: 9:29pm On Mar 01, 2016
Your title is misleading.
You were vigilant and attentive, simple.
Give yourself some credits man.

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by ifenes(m): 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
Isn't the christian god responsible for the good and bad things that happens to Christians?
Re: How God Saved Me From Being Swindled Of A Little Cash by Socketbet: 9:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Lol......men eye they red

(1) (2) (Reply)

Murder: PDP Candidate, 36 Others Detained In Ebonyi / How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) / Police Should Not Stop Your Car Asking For Tinted Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.