Stats: 3,147,993 members, 7,799,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 (57106 Views)

Top Online Business That Has Made Most Young People Millionaires In Nigeria / 3 Money-spinning Business Opportunities Overlooked By Many Nigerians / Tomato Millionaires In The Making... (2) (3) (4)

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by KINGinVAHALA: 11:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
bebe2:

Tnks for the reassurance. I haven't had any negative experience sha. My mind is just playing trick in me. My kids are looking forward to it cheesy
You re highly welcome mrs. I stay in Benin, and i can tell you that you hardly hear any of those cases of robbery, assination, killings, kidnappings, etc in the city axis (Gra, airport road, sapele rd, akpakpava road, forestry rd, mission rd, ekenwan rd, etc).

Hope you re coming to benin with enough funds to setup a business? Because my people needs it badly. And hope you hv also been told there wont be okada for you to ride anymore in benin, Because it has since been banned and to some extent thats what actually reduced the crimes in the city by a large percentage.
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by SirShymexx: 11:10pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:

We forgot the servers here lol

Why do you need servers to run apps and online services? Aren't there reliable ISPs in naij, regardless of the speed?

And for domains - you don't need to register to naij based domain servers (that is if there is any).

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by orijintv(m): 11:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

I think you re wrong bro. NYSC monthly pay is 19000, what stops you from puting aside 9000 monthly for the 12months duration and use it to start a little business when you re through with your service?

Good Idea Bro . . But Note This : Its Not All Place Of Service That Gives 19k, Evn If Its The Officiall Amount
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by KINGinVAHALA: 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
orijintv:

Good Idea Bro . . But Note This : Its Not All Place Of Service That Gives 19k, Evn If Its The Officiall Amount
Like seriously? Pls tel me more bro. am so curious.
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by bebe2(f): 11:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

You re highly welcome mrs. I stay in Benin, and i can tell you that you hardly hear any of those cases of robbery, assination, killings, kidnappings, etc in the city axis (Gra, airport road, sapele rd, akpakpava road, forestry rd, mission rd, ekenwan rd, etc).

Hope you re coming to benin with enough funds to setup a business? Because my people needs it badly. And hope you hv also been told there wont be okada for you to ride anymore in benin, Because it has since been banned and to some extent thats what actually reduced the crimes in the city by a large percentage.

we are suppose to be stay in my in laws in siluko rd dats were i normally stay.

but becos of light issue we are going to stay in a hotel.

dont want the kids to experience darkness attall.

last time i came, i was buying 2k fuel every other night. i got to a point my sis in law thot the neighbours
were jumping fence to steal our fuel grin

and they will off the gen wen they think am sleeping they i wake and wont be able to sleep for the rest
of the night, but the rest of them all will be sleeping and snoring.

as for the bike, i have been home since it was banned, i have a car to use.
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Bre(f): 11:32pm On Mar 01, 2016
Chinom:

Well, Agribusiness, Retail and transport/logistics hold the key for now. All these Solar, Pay solutions and other high tech businesses are niche businesses. Those are for the future. If you want to make it NOW go into the aforementioned 3 sectors.

Dangote became a multi billionaire by selling things we can hardly do without: Cement, Sugar, salt, Flour etc. To make in Nigeria, you will need to sell something the average Nigerian needs and can afford directly or indirectly. Dangote with his new refined petroleum biz will be rubbing shoulders with Bill Gates in due course. Nigerians need cheap fuel.

I personally feel that the time is now for all 11 sectors mentioned in the article. In terms of Tech companies, Konga and the likes are having their time in the sun. Hotels.ng is growing by leaps and bounds. I can see that they have a great business model and have been inspired by the Silicon(e?) Valley greats. Even looking much closer to home to blogs such as Linda Ikeji's and nairaland. Tech businesses in Naij have come so far and there's still so much more room for growth. I'm telling you, I Naija-focused dating app like Tinder will make a killing. Anyone interested in such a business, I dash you this idea grin (just don't forget to appreciate).
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Tonybills(m): 11:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
kilokeys:
As an Agricultural Engineering Graduate... I am crossing my hands..

Make i go chop small money for Qatar first.. I dey come.

Cos my countrymen can talk and talk.. No action

one love.Am Also an agric engineering graduate

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Bre(f): 11:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
Just like me. my passion for my state in particular and Nigeria in general is unlimited and unconditional.

Hehehehehe. Thats truth. No more white demons to blame, but there is still black demons whom had refused to die.

Valar Morghulis - All men must die. Those demons will eventually succumb to their mortality. They will die even sooner when we the upcoming generation overpower them by sheer force of will, character and numbers. A change in the collective mindset starts from ourselves.

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Bre(f): 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
orijintv:

There's always going to be an excuse. A willing spirit will find a way wink

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 01, 2016
sauceny:
Op if you like,you bring up 1,000,001 business plan to invest in,so far you aren't destined for such business you wasting your time... What works for mr A might not work for mr B
Destiny?

We'll Shape our own destiny. or we'll die trying.

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by KINGinVAHALA: 11:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
bebe2:

we are suppose to be stay in my in laws in siluko rd dats were i normally stay.

but becos of light issue we are going to stay in a hotel.

dont want the kids to experience darkness attall.

last time i came, i was buying 2k fuel every other night. i got to a point my sis in law thot the neighbours
were jumping fence to steal our fuel grin

and they will off the gen wen they think am sleeping they i wake and wont be able to sleep for the rest
of the night, but the rest of them all will be sleeping and snoring.

as for the bike, i have been home since it was banned, i have a car to use.

Ohhh. Staying in a hotel all through? Well, its your choice. For Siluko, the road is motorable. Govt are even presently working on the upper part of siluko.

Yeah, i wont lie to you on this. the electricity issue is just damn frustrating. Sometimes you would have light for a large part of a day, other times you wont get even a blink of bulb. You re Bini?
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by erico2k2(m): 11:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
SirShymexx:

Why do you need servers to run apps and online services? Aren't there reliable ISPs in naij, regardless of the speed?

And for domains - you don't need to register to naij based domain servers (that is if there is any).
Creating one for fun is a total different thing from using it to make MONEY, now that's serious Biz.
if you run any type of biz that needs records and storage of any kind of data that you will need access to asap then you will have server however small it may be

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by erico2k2(m): 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Ohhh. Staying in a hotel all through? Well, its your choice. For Siluko, the road is motorable. Govt are even presently working on the upper part of siluko.

Yeah, i wont lie to you on this. the electricity issue is just damn frustrating. Sometimes you would have light for a large part of a day, other times you wont get even a blink of bulb. You re Bini?
Guy are you not at Oghara Junction yet? grin grin
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by KINGinVAHALA: 11:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
Bre:

Valar Morghulis - All men must die. Those demons will eventually succumb to their mortality. They will die even sooner when we the upcoming generation overpower them by sheer force of will, character and numbers. A change in the collective mindset starts from ourselves.
I dnt know, i have this feeling that i'm conversing with an above 30 lady, am i?
If not for the present dark of the night and the distance of thy stay, nothing would have stopped me from not buying you a drink this moment. You deserve it babe.
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by KINGinVAHALA: 11:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
erico2k2:
Guy are you not at Oghara Junction yet? grin grin
This man, ur head nor correct o. lol
i tell you say i they go oghara junction?
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Bre(f): 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

I dnt know, i have this feeling that i'm conversing with an above 30 lady, am i?
If not for the present dark of the night and the distance of thy stay, nothing would have stopped me from not buying you a drink this moment. You deserve it babe.

Still in my 20s, but I do like a crisp Chenin Blanc or a mulled Merlot smiley
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Bre(f): 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
winkmart:
And what do you think of a device that scares off mosquitoes

Our engineering departments in the University is messed up

I think that if you are in the engineering department, nothing stops you from gathering your colleagues to build the first prototype using what you have. Once that hurdle has been jumped, showcase your contraption at all these pan-African events, contact the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for guidance/funding, get in touch with a local rep for the World Health Organisation etc. You can even try the Ministry of Health. But first take that step yourself. You won't make it on the Forbes list waiting for someone else to do am. Abi? Now, go forth and prosper wink

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
Bre:
We really are a chosen generation. With all this knowledge, access to information and a huge market potential at our fingertips, this is the golden age for legit African millionaires and billionaires to be born.
the bolded word tho undecided
Bre:
We really are a chosen generation. With all this knowledge, access to information and a huge market potential at our fingertips, this is the golden age for legit African millionaires and billionaires to be born.
the bolded word tho
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by KINGinVAHALA: 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
Bre:

Still in my 20s, but I do like a crisp Chenin Blanc or a mulled Merlot smiley
Hehehehe. Good to know. Anyway, mulled merlot suits my personality better. Nothing feels like been class with a cup of wine.
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Bre(f): 11:55pm On Mar 01, 2016
wisemany2k:
smiley God, please grant me wisdom to make wealth from nothing this year and beyond in Jesus name, amen!!!

I think you should modify your prayer into asking God for the inspiration to see the opportunity around you, the fortitude to come up with a plan and see it through inception, and the foresight to enable your new business to grow sustain-ably and exponentially. Sometimes what blocks our success is that we ask for/expect the wrong things. Stop asking for something for nothing - ask for God to open your eyes to your passion, what you can earn a great living from.

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Bre(f): 11:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
KingAdeOluomo1:
the bolded word tho undecidedthe bolded word tho

Eh hehn? When someone uses their skill/wit to make money instead of looting, why not?
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by KINGinVAHALA: 11:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
Bre:

I personally feel that the time is now for all 11 sectors mentioned in the article. In terms of Tech companies, Konga and the likes are having their time in the sun. Hotels.ng is growing by leaps and bounds. I can see that they have a great business model and have been inspired by the Silicon(e?) Valley greats. Even looking much closer to home to blogs such as Linda Ikeji's and nairaland. Tech businesses in Naij have come so far and there's still so much more room for growth. I'm telling you, I Naija-focused dating app like Tinder will make a killing. Anyone interested in such a business, I dash you this idea grin (just don't forget to appreciate).
'wink' at the emboldened. enlighten me more, babe.
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Bre(f): 11:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Hehehehe. Good to know. Anyway, mulled merlot suits my personality better. Nothing feels like been class with a cup of wine.

Either will do, depending on the weather smiley

What business are you building yourself?
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:02am On Mar 02, 2016
Very interesting read. The points on Agric business, solar and retail are so true beyond any shadow of doubt.

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by MightyFortress: 12:06am On Mar 02, 2016

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by KINGinVAHALA: 12:06am On Mar 02, 2016
And a plate of chin to keep the mouth busy wudnt be a bad ideal either.
Bre:

Either will do, depending on the weather smiley

What business are you building yourself?
IT (I'm a website developer, a database administrator, Internet consultant, etc). Currently have about 5-7 sites of diff kinds i plan launching into Nigeriat Market soonest.
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 12:06am On Mar 02, 2016
Bre:

Eh hehn? When someone uses their skill/wit to make money instead of looting, why not?
is der anything legit in dis nation again !!!
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Bre(f): 12:06am On Mar 02, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

'wink' at the emboldened. enlighten me more, babe.

Well... so far as we're discussing like like-minds, call me by my name, Bre (that "babe" lowers the tone of the conversation) smiley

I am actually serious about the app idea. Tinder is so widely used, mostly because of its convenience. I have friends in many countries who use it. One friend uses it whenever we go on holiday to find people to hang out with... I personally don't use it because I love my privacy but all my friends do. Even my sister and cousins. If Nigeria were to have a personalised app created for our market in particular, I would be so excited about it that I may even use it my self.

As the article says, Africa has the largest population size of below-31 year olds. It seems like a no-brainer.

Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Bre(f): 12:08am On Mar 02, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
And a plate of chin to keep the mouth busy wudnt be a bad ideal either.

IT (I'm a website developer, a database administrator, Internet consultant, etc). Currently have about 5-7 sites of diff kinds i plan launching into Nigeriat Market soonest.

Hmm, interesting. I will definitely keep that in mind. In this day and age, there is always a time when one needs someone with such skills.
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by Bre(f): 12:09am On Mar 02, 2016
KingAdeOluomo1:
is der anything legit in dis nation again !!!

Are you a Nigerian living in Nigeria? Are you legit in your dealings?
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 12:11am On Mar 02, 2016
Bre:

Are you a Nigerian living in Nigeria? Are you legit in your dealings?
All of the above
Well Miss Bre its your opion so be it
Re: 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 by SirShymexx: 12:13am On Mar 02, 2016
erico2k2:

Creating one for fun is a total different thing from using it to make MONEY, now that's serious Biz.
if you run any type of biz that needs records and storage of any kind of data that you will need access to asap then you will have server however small it may be

Lool. It seems you don't understand the concept of online in the context of IT/business. What do you need physical servers for when everything can be done remotely regardless of the size of the business? Apart from a company setting with intranet - you don't need physical servers.

Nairaland is a classic example. The owner doesn't need physical servers cos everything is done remotely and he pays for the domain servers provided by a domain company. All he needs to do is: backup records/files/data regularly on his PC/laptop/portable-disk.

CBN Officially Devalues Naira / Photos Of MC Oluomo's Three Wives / Folorunsho Alakija 40th Wedding Anniversary (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57