Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner (21283 Views)

For Sale: Laptop, Printers, Stabilizer, Sofa, Chairs, Camera, phone Etc (pics) / Laptop, Printers, Stabilizer, Sofa, Chairs, Camera, phone @ Give-away Prices! / My New Asus Tab Cannot Power On Nor See Usb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by uvalued(m): 9:10am On Mar 02, 2016
Greetings, I dont know whether this is the correct section to post my questions but mod can move it to where it will answered proper.

I had this LG 1.5hp air condition system fixed. Lately i have put it to work and i realize that the AC cannot be powered with 230v current. Looking at the image below, you would observe that the output of the 5000w stabilizer is 230v but at times it fluctuate between 220 - 230v.

what can i do to keep the voltage stabilized at say 230v and for the AC to work appropriately.

thank you.

1 Share

Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Tdunjoye: 10:23am On Mar 02, 2016
A 5000watts stabilizer takes aprox 21amps so it should and will be able to power a 1.5 hp aircondition which takes aprox 13.5amps. i observe from the image that you hv low voltage on your premises. your 1.5hp aircondition takes considerable amount of load so this affect the stabilizer due to low input voltage. i think the problem is the low voltage on your premises

6 Likes

Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by uvalued(m): 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
Tdunjoye:
A 5000watts stabilizer takes aprox 21amps so it should and will be able to power a 1.5 hp aircondition which takes aprox 13.5amps. i observe from the image that you hv low voltage on your premises. your 1.5hp aircondition takes considerable amount of load so this affect the stabilizer due to low input voltage. i think the problem is the low voltage on your premises

Thanks for your input, now due to the low input, tho not advicable, if i do a live-live to boost the input to like 190-220v, will the ac be ready to work?

sorry if my question sounds dumb, i really need to get it up... weather is hot! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Tdunjoye: 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2016
what do u mean by live- live, i hope u are not thinking of connectin two live wire to your stabilizer? your stabilizer use single phase which is one live and one neutral, i will advice you to get a step up transformer to boost the voltage before connecting it to your stabilizer. every stabilizer has input range.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by unphilaz(m): 8:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
I need such a step up for my house as well. Am having similar problem like the op stated. Pls recommend one for a small house. Hope it won't be so dear.
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Tdunjoye: 9:51am On Mar 03, 2016
The aim of using a step up transformer is to raise your low voltage to an appreciable level before connecting it to a stabilizer. you need a rewinder to build a single phase step up transformer that can withstand your load. Attach to it, is a selector switch to select different output voltage depending on how low the input low voltage is. selecting 1(20%) 2(40%) 3(60%) 4(80%) 5(100). example your input low voltage is 117volt , to boost this to an appreciable level, your selector switch should be on 4 which is 80%, 80% of 117 is 93.6. (93.6+117=210.6volt. The output of the step up transformer which is 210.6volt(example) will be connected to a stabilizer, it is the output from your stabilizer that will be connected to your appliances. NOTE. the step up transformer output voltage is not regulated, so you must connect this output voltage to a stabilizer, so as to regulate and stabilize this voltage before goin to your appliances

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Tdunjoye: 9:59am On Mar 03, 2016
feel free to drop your questions
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by uvalued(m): 10:14am On Mar 03, 2016
Tdunjoye:
what do u mean by live- live, i hope u are not thinking of connectin two live wire to your stabilizer? your stabilizer use single phase which is one live and one neutral, i will advice you to get a step up transformer to boost the voltage before connecting it to your stabilizer. every stabilizer has input range.

Thanks for the advice.

Tdunjoye:
The aim of using a step up transformer is to raise your low voltage to an appreciable level before connecting it to a stabilizer. you need a rewinder to build a single phase step up transformer that can withstand your load. Attach to it, is a selector switch to select different output voltage depending on how low the input low voltage is. selecting 1(20%) 2(40%) 3(60%) 4(80%) 5(100). example your input low voltage is 117volt , to boost this to an appreciable level, your selector switch should be on 4 which is 80%, 80% of 117 is 93.6. (93.6+117=210.6volt. The output of the step up transformer which is 210.6volt(example) will be connected to a stabilizer, it is the output from your stabilizer that will be connected to your appliances. NOTE. the step up transformer output voltage is not regulated, so you must connect this output voltage to a stabilizer, so as to regulate and stabilize this voltage before goin to your appliances

I will see how this will be done in my local area. Another thing, the electrician picked the AC 1.5hp and took it to another place to test it, if it works, then the compressor will be downgraded to 1hp, but if it doesnt work then a new 1.5hp will be bought and replaced.
will post update of what is the result.

thanks
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by CallofDuty(m): 11:38am On Mar 23, 2018
Tdunjoye:
Please how can one get this step up Transformer??..is it sold in the market?..
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by kode12: 4:36pm On Mar 23, 2018
How can we get the step up transformer oh
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by lebete3000: 9:47am On Dec 16, 2020
Tdunjoye:
feel free to drop your questions

So you mean one has to get a step up transformer to enjoy using the AC right? And one yeye guy was telling me a 5000VA Stabilizer is what I'll need...thank God sey I like Physics wella for secondary school ooo.
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by romityl: 9:21am On Jan 02, 2021
I have the same issue oh ...if I use my generator the AC works perfectly well but if I use the 5000 stabiliser it will trip off after like 3min the thing is so disheartening ....my Ac is also a 1.5 hp LG like the op stated ... below is the pic of input n output of my stabiliser which is a 5000 stabiliser ...

Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Greatzeus(m): 8:37am On Jan 31, 2021
CallofDuty:
Please how can one get this step up Transformer??..is it sold in the market?..
Please did you later get the step up transformer? I need it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by alizma: 7:16am On Nov 22, 2021
I am just facing the same problem now. I can't enjoy the AC I bought barely two weeks ago. Na was o. I will advise anyone that wants to buy AC to go for inverter AC. The additional expenses that comes with non inverter AC is much. Save yourself of the stress, don't wait to learn the hard way

3 Likes

Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by laliga01: 7:59am On Jan 11, 2022
alizma:
I am just facing the same problem now. I can't enjoy the AC I bought barely two weeks ago. Na was o. I will advise anyone that wants to buy AC to go for inverter AC. The additional expenses that comes with non inverter AC is much. Save yourself of the stress, don't wait to learn the hard way

Guy, honestly, I wish I saw this your comment much earlier. My AC 1.5hp is just wasting due to poor current. Am not even sure 5000va can help me out. Am just flabbergasted.
The money and stress one will spend on normal AC is enough to buy inverter AC.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by alizma: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2022
laliga01:

Guy, honestly, I wish I saw this your comment much earlier. My AC 1.5hp is just wasting due to poor current. Am not even sure 5000va can help me out. Am just flabbergasted.
It is well bro. I finally got myself the stabilizer, 2,000va. I refused to watch the ac waste away like that. My neighbor is still angry and has refused to do the same. But his body language after seeing my own working shows that he will go the same way soon.
I bought century wall stabilizer, they specifically state on the body that it can carry 1.5hp provided the current is 130 and above and my area is 145 and above, the current rarely go below 140.
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Dat2jo: 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
alizma:

It is well bro. I finally got myself the stabilizer, 2,000va. I refused to watch the ac waste away like that. My neighbor is still angry and has refused to do the same. But his body language after seeing my own working shows that he will go the same way soon.
I bought century wall stabilizer, they specifically state on the body that it can carry 1.5hp provided the current is 130 and above and my area is 145 and above, the current rarely go below 140.
You mean a 2kva stabilizer can conveniently power a 1hp non inverter AC?
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
Just got Hisense 1.5hp inverter AC and it's experiencing same wahala. I knew I may experience such challenges, but the small difference between the 1hp and 1.5hp deceived me. Felt inverter will be better at handling low voltage. But all na the same.
laliga01:

Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by laliga01: 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
gordonbarrett:
Just got Hisense 1.5hp inverter AC and it's experiencing same wahala. I knew I may experience such challenges, but the small difference between the 1hp and 1.5hp deceived me. Felt inverter will be better at handling low voltage. But all na the same.

These people sell lies to customers.... What's the essence of the inverter. However, I know there is a voltage range for the inverter AC. Does your voltage meet up?
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by infolekan(m): 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2022
laliga01:

These people sell lies to customers.... What's the essence of the inverter. However, I know there is a voltage range for the inverter AC. Does your voltage meet up?

The inverter ac actually works within a voltage range. Infact....the inverter ac needs a stabilizer more than the regular ac self.
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by VALdeGREAT1(m): 11:12pm On Apr 01, 2022
Tdunjoye:

Please what can I do.
Mine is also not coming on.
Please I really need help. This heat is frustrating

Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Deeni131: 5:09am On Apr 08, 2022
VALdeGREAT1:

Please what can I do.
Mine is also not coming on.
Please I really need help. This heat is frustrating

I also don't use my 1hp window AC at all because of low voltage, tried so many different stabilisers to no avail. Now I don't use it any. In fact, with all the heat in the North, I gv up using my ac
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Georgry(m): 1:19pm On May 18, 2022
romityl:
I have the same issue oh ...if I use my generator the AC works perfectly well but if I use the 5000 stabiliser it will trip off after like 3min the thing is so disheartening ....my Ac is also a 1.5 hp LG like the op stated ... below is the pic of input n output of my stabiliser which is a 5000 stabiliser ...

Hello, I have exactly the same problem like this, were you able to use the stabilizer at the end of the day?
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Impostorr: 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
gordonbarrett:

Does yours work when you connect it directly to the socket please?

I'm about getting avr pro 1.5hp stabilizer for My inverter 1.5hp ac.

Mine works if plugs directly to the socket which I don't really want to use that's why I want to get the wall stabilizer before using it with Nepa light. Is it advisable please?
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by ayobamizz: 4:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
whenever you are buying AC, always check the starting (maximum) current rating. This is the amount of current needed to start the compressor. The running (normal) current of AC is usually lower than its starting current. The stabilizer maximum current input must be well over that of the AC maximum current before AC can work efficiently with stabilizer.

1 Like

Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by drizzy22(m): 5:05pm On May 12, 2023
So how did you guys solve the issue of low voltage not powering your ACs.? I intend to buy 1hp/1.5hp inverter AC and I intend to use the 5000volts table stabilizer
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by captainbangz: 6:45pm On May 14, 2023
while most 5kva stabilizers aren't up to that( all thanks to SON), The starting current,as ayobamizz has stated could be the culprit. The voltage is basically to low to push in high current. Because, AC, just as refrigerators needs high starting current, to start working.
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by ceejay80s(m): 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2023
drizzy22:
So how did you guys solve the issue of low voltage not powering your ACs.? I intend to buy 1hp/1.5hp inverter AC and I intend to use the 5000volts table stabilizer
Buy the stab, I use .5hp AC and my light here is 165v-190v ,I bought a 5000va stab but had to take it to arena oshodi and it was twisted and now input is 65-190v and out it is 220v or 230v
If U need the number of the guy at oshodi just Holla me
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by ceejay80s(m): 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2023
captainbangz:
while most 5kva stabilizers aren't up to that( all thanks to SON), The starting current,as ayobamizz has stated could be the culprit. The voltage is basically to low to push in high current. Because, AC, just as refrigerators needs high starting current, to start working.
The do it at arena, just tell them what U want and it will be upgraded, did mine today and out put is 220v - 240v
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Ivan18888888888: 9:28am On Oct 08, 2023
ceejay80s:

Buy the stab, I use .5hp AC and my light here is 165v-190v ,I bought a 5000va stab but had to take it to arena oshodi and it was twisted and now input is 65-190v and out it is 220v or 230v
If U need the number of the guy at oshodi just Holla me

Pls can I have the guy contact ? Looking at buying one of this stabilizers too
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by Hullabaloon: 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2023
alizma:

How do you measure the average current of your area?
Re: Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner by faoogoke(m): 10:43am On Jan 01
I think the problem is with your AC appliance that is programmed not to take voltage below 230v

You'll find out that the stabilizer would work with other appliances.

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions / My Windows-10 Failed To Sign Me In / Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.