Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Paper-pencil Test Could Be Re-introduced In UTME - Minister Of Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Paper-pencil Test Could Be Re-introduced In UTME - Minister Of Education (407 Views)

JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Boy Who Scored 147 In UTME Wishes To Study Law. Nigerians React.. / Highest Jamb Score In Hostory: Ibrahim Made History In UTME 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Paper-pencil Test Could Be Re-introduced In UTME - Minister Of Education by Lekan111(m): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2016
The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu has expressed concern over thousands of Nigerians who are disqualified from participating in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for not being computer literate.
According to him, the paper-pencil could be re-introduced until such a time more Nigerians, especially those in rural communities become computer literate.
In his words, "I seem to be very comfortable and happy with what they are doing. But my question has not been answered; that there are many people who are not computer literate, so, what do you do with them. I do not have reservation about CBT but sympathy for those who are not computer literate and there are many of them.
When asked if he was suggesting that the Board re-introduce paper-pencil mode of examination alongside CBT, he said, "I think so; for sometime. But certainly the future is for computer."
The minister, however, said he was satisfied with the conduct of the CBT mode of the examination so far, adding that he was glad the board has addressed most of his concerns and other Nigerians.
http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/43849/paper-pencil-test-could-be-re-introduced-in-utme-minister-of-education.html

(1) (Reply)

Final Year Bsc/hnd/ond And Msc Project Topics And Materials In Introductory Te / Where Did It All Go Wrong ? / Nigerian University Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.