Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,792 members, 7,798,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Pregnancy-induced Weirdness - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnancy-induced Weirdness (864 Views)

Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? / Pregnancy Photos Of A Woman And Her Oyinbo Husband / Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pregnancy-induced Weirdness by handbagss(f): 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
People do a lot of odd things when they're in certain conditions. I've seen artists who are most creative when they're angry. A lady would end up not eating the food she prepared, the reason being that the aroma she perceived while preparing the meal had filled her up and deactivated her appetite for the sumptuous meal.
However, none of these oddities can compare to the pregnancy-induced weirdness that most pregnant women are prone to. Some ladies stick with cold foods for as long as the condition demands. A friend drank cold pap all through the period of her first pregnancy.
My pregnant sister adores the smell of soot from the quenched fire of a kerosene stove. I've once had a pregnant neighbour who regularly visited a nearby bakery to buy burnt bread!
My grandmother told me how she loved the taste of chewing stick during pregnancy. She would stick the poor wood fragment in her mouth and chew at it all day long. I imagined she would have looked pathetic with a long piece of wood poking out from her face all day long.
A friend told me about an even more pathetic case of her neighbour that regularly conveyed herself to the cabin of a pit latrine, just to inhale the thick air of fermented disgust that exhumes from that horror pit of unimaginable degrees of amassed decay.
Dem say na condition make crayfish bend... It would be fun to hear your own pregnancy experience, or your wife's, or your sister's..., the list is endless... Share a laugh.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy-induced Weirdness by YesBwoss: 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
"A friend told me about an even more pathetic case of her neighbour that regularly conveyed herself to the cabin of a pit latrine, just to inhale the thick air of fermented disgust that exhumes from that horror pit of unimaginable degrees of amassed decay."

Good Lord!!! shocked shocked shocked No be small thing o! Are you sure her village 'Air Force' didn't have a hand in that? cheesy cheesy
How u dey? Long time!

(1) (Reply)

Confirmation Needed On Queen's College / A Topic For The Ladies? / My Husband Dates Four Girls On Our Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.