Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month (29348 Views)

Suspended From Work Via Phone Call / 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work / This Is Why You Should Never Close Late From Work! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by asids55: 11:41am On Mar 04, 2016
PiperAlpha:
I save over 80% of my salary. And I don't just let the money lie fallow just like that in my account. I buy treasury bills in order for the money to yield interest. Here's the secret:

1. If you have a penchant for luxuries, then you can never discipline yourself to achieve this.
2. There's a staff bus, so I don't have to spend money on transportation.
3. I don't eat in the company's restaurant. It's expensive. Albeit, incan afford but chose not to eat there. I go out of the company's premises to eat. I often patronize a popular buka in VI called Mojolayemi or so. Their food make sense and cheap. With 6H, you'll eat a very good food.
3. My girl friend is working, so I don't have to spend on her. The only time I spent on her was when she needed help with paying for her MSC tuition fee.
Even, if she's isn't working, I'll still support her.
4. Spend less. Why do you need an iPad, laptop, android, phone? Human wants are unlimited and are insatiable. Focus mainly on your needs. An iPad and an android phone will serve the same purpose. Let go of one. Having both is redundancy and very unnecessary. Prioritize your needs
5. Lastly, don't spend on any lady that hasn't sow a sees in your life. Don't spend to impress them bitches. Don't pay for sex. Beware of the opportunist girlfriends - those that want to reap where they did not sow.
Life's all about give and take. Them opportunist girl friend are good for $**.,Discard them when it's time to.
My girl friend respects me for my financial discipline. She dare not ask me money for unnecessary and useless stuffs like Brazilian hair, Stine cold ice cream et al. Tell me you want to venture into a business or further your education, then I'm good. This I'll never do for an ordinary gf. gf get level. We know those that encouraged us and stood with us thru thick and thin. While those ladies who see themselves as trophies to be won, real niggaz know what we do them. play along and enjoy the...

some kind girls no go like read this guy post...I can imagine how some girls go dey frown especially when dem see no braz or cold stone ice cream. .nice one bro

5 Likes

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by yoaking: 11:43am On Mar 04, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
At least 100k: the first thing to be done is to transfer it to a different account with no ATM after I have been alerted.

I dash you all d available likes/ share on NL.Exactly what I do
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 04, 2016
Hydronium:

Not for long broa. It shall be well very soon.
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 04, 2016
EMEKA1MILLION:
I save about 120k monthly which is 70%,of my earning. Once I settle my feeding, send to my siblings and transportation, the rest remains in the bank.
Avoid impulse buying, drinking and having women that have nothing reasonable to offer to u.

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by forkinsonlolo(m): 11:47am On Mar 04, 2016
I earn 135k, save 100k (ajo things). But frantically it has not bn easy

3 Likes

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by happyjuliet(f): 11:52am On Mar 04, 2016
You guys are taking abt savings savings savings what abt Title? do u guys even remove ur title @ d end of d month? majority will definitely not. dont get me wrong savings is a very gud tin, I don't miss dat aspect every month...But title too is very very important.

2 Likes

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by olac21(m): 11:53am On Mar 04, 2016
Eddygourdo:
It's in tears that I post this. I promise to save something no matter how small, yet I end up saving nothing. The sight of ohmpa never helps matters, plus olosho price don increase thanks to dollar hike. I pray God delivers me

This caught me laughing!

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by olac21(m): 11:55am On Mar 04, 2016
happyjuliet:
You guys are taking abt savings savings savings what abt Title? do u guys even remove ur title @ d end of d month? majority will definitely not. dont get me wrong savings is a very gud tin, I don't miss dat aspect every month...But title too is very very important.

Pardon me pls,its tithe not title!#peace#

4 Likes

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by ify84(m): 11:57am On Mar 04, 2016
I have one undergraduate wife

One daughter

Salary is 25k

My people, tell me, how will I save

5 Likes

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by uchman46(m): 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
Aristotle96:
Alabi go gree grin
My brother the tin eh chie
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by omoharry(f): 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
it easy to save when you are not an impulsives buyer

3 Likes

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by omoharry(f): 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
I earn 57..and i save 12k, its realistic for me.It make's it a lot easier when I plan my money/salary ahead before it arrives..before month end i have a list of things i would have planned my money around..this is how i do it.

1) Tith:5700
2) feeding: 7000(300 per day)
3)Transportatiom:7000
4) airtime.datta bundle: 5000
6) Toiloteries:4000
7) Hair maintenance:6000
cool Miscelenous:10000
9) savings:12000
I live with my elder sister, so do not need to bother about other bills except sometimes when i need to get groceries for the house using my discreation.Which she usually frown at becos her husband does not like it.

The money is withdrawn and enveloped in cash and labeled accodingly as listed above.

Adjustment and readjustment is done from time to time depending on pressing issues at hand.

I also have other small means of income :that one i nor dey touch am at all..all way lead to savings.

11 Likes

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Babysho(m): 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
Eddygourdo:
It's in tears that I post this. I promise to save something no matter how small, yet I end up saving nothing. The sight of ohmpa never helps matters, plus olosho price don increase thanks to dollar hike. I pray God delivers me

Bros Abeg. ..wetin be ohmpa
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Krismart(m): 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2016
valdes00:

Well its ur opinion Sha.... Bae has been supportive cos she forced me to do it.....
Unless that. U are lucky
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Wiseoldman: 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2016
I don't keep money in my account, it losses value there. I spend it as soon as i get it. I have worked for a couple of years and i can proudly say that I have $0 savings as at today. I might change after marriage anyways.

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by baddooski: 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Eddygourdo(m): 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
Babysho:

Bros Abeg. ..wetin be ohmpa
Lol. You need to visit the south East. A cool bottle of ohmpa takes all sorrow away.

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by baddooski: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
Lok

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Wiseoldman: 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2016
omoharry:
I earn 57..and i spend 12,000 thousand. make it a lot easier when I plan my money/salary ahead before it arrives..before month end i have a list of things i would have planned my money around..

1) Tith:5700
2) feeding: 7000
3)Transportatiom:7000
4) airtime.datta bundle: 5000
6) Toiloteries:4000
7) Hair maintenance:6000
cool Miscelenous:10000
9) savings:12000

The money is withdrawn and enveloped in cash and labeled accordingly as listed above.

Adjust and readjust is done from time to time depending on pressing issues at hand.

I also have other small means of income :that one i nor dey touch am at all..all way lead to savings.

Interesting...No pun intended

Your Salary is less than mine.

Your expense is higher than mine.

And your savings is higher than mine. (I currently have $0 in savings)

How is this possible? .....Whoever answers this question "owes me" $100..

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by rosalieene(f): 12:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
vicolurin:
From my #19,800 allowee, i save #10,800. Benefit of serving in a rural area grin grin grin
where are you serving and do u pay tithes

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Rhemmymatician(m): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
baddooski:
If there's someone out there who can deactivate nairabet acc should pm me for my username and password before i ruin my life totally.

I swear i'm a disgrace to my family.
I feel your pain. I can imagine what is happening in your head. It's well bro, discipline yourself
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
I save #5000,sometimes #10000. angry
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by queenfav(f): 12:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
While serving, i was able to save abt 10k monthly from my 19800.I plan to save 60 percent of my salary from this month end,when i get paid at my new place of work.Some confuse good money management with being miserly. Wheras it can be achieved by proper planning and prioritization of ones's needs.Here are some tips that has helped me over the years.
1.Buy foodstuffs in bulk..Its relatively cheaper.I restock on foodstuffs every 3 months. I spend 15-20k on that.Its better than buying 3 maggi 20 naira,when you can get the whole pack with 100 cubes for 250-300.By so doing,you save time spent touring the market,since you have most ingredients at home.
2.Learn to avoid impulse buying..I plan my major purchases like 2 months ahead of time.Dont fall for advertising gimmicks that makes people buy what they really dont need e.g expensive smartphones and other luxury items.Be very sure its something you cant do without before paying for it.
3.Be your own person.Learn to enjoy spending time all by yourself.If you keep very outgoing friends,who club and turn up at expensive lounges,you wont be able to save at all ,as you would have to foot the bill at one time or the other.If you get bored on weekends read books,watch movies or just basically relax at home.There is always sth to do on weekends around the house in terms of cleaning and preparation for the next week.
4.Try to cook your own meals.This is not easy for me now because i just switched jobs and it requires me to work 8-6,Monday through saturday..My work leaves me mentally exhausted that i just want to sleep when i get home.I still try to cook break fast and dinner.For lunch i eat out sometimes,on some days i take food to work when i can.This would reduce your living expenses.
5.Its advisable to move to an apartment close to work to reduce transportation costs.
6.Make family and friends understand that you may not be able to assist them financially at all times,else you would go bankrupt being a father Christmas.
7.Do well to leave your atm at home,very far from where it can be easily reached. Thats to reduce the temptation to withdraw money frequently.What i do is to withdraw say 15k,and it sustains me till month end in terms of Feeding lunch and transportation. If i am not with my atm card,i don't feel pressured to make impulse purchases,because the cash on me would be just a little above what i need to have lunch and pay fare to and from work for that day.
Those are few tips that has helped me develop good saving culture over the years..Occasionally, its nice to give yourself a treat;go to the movies or get yourself a Luxury item you have been craving..You only live once so you have to pamper yourself occasionally.However, it shouldn't put a dent on your savings.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by LaconicINC: 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
Krismart:
Ulcer is coming and u will use d savings and cure urself + d pains, then u start afresh
cheesy cheesy u wicked o, Hahahaha, him de save for the impending ulcer treatment abi grin

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by LaconicINC: 12:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
Wiseoldman:

Interesting...No pun intended

Your Salary is less than mine.

Your expense is higher than mine.

And your savings is higher than mine. (I currently have $0 in savings)

How is this possible? .....Whoever answers this question "owes me" $100..
she pays tithe and maybe you don't that may be the secret

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by introvertious: 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2016
I earn 90K. Save 10k via monthly contributions with friends and I'm always d last to collect so I can have money for xmas spending. Also save 20k(untouchable). Send 10k home to my parents(dey have to manage, times r hard). The rest is for toiletries, gas(yes! I buy gas evry month), fuel, feeding etc and a little giving to d less priv.though not d same person evry mth.
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by surreal15(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2016
You are the real chairman!!! shocked
valdes00:
I earn 57k n I save 50k monthly .... don't ask me hw I cope, else u will b reminding me of my suffering this past few mnths
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2016
olac21:

Pardon me pls,its tithe not title!#peace#

Shuuuuuuui! The thing tire me o
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by ogawisdom(m): 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2016
happyjuliet:

Whatever works for u but would rather give my money to d less privileged than an already rich pastor in d name of tithe. D percentage depends on what I can afford cool, its periodical and never monthly tongue

Trekking arnd and giving 10percent of ur meager salary to a pastor cruising on range Rover sports is something else ooooo, all in d name of tithe nonsense

11 Likes

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
virginboy1:
I earn 50k and save 20k every month.
Whenever, my siblings or friends ask for my total earning , I sharply tell them its 30k.
Will yhu gimme 10% of yhur savings if I help yhu get laid?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Joygalore(f): 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
I earn 4k dollars and save 2500 dollars.

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by femijohn21(m): 1:19pm On Mar 04, 2016
Did i hear you say saving? A married man earning 18k per month. House rent, 150k per annum. You know what feeding and transport take per month! Wife heavy with baby. Debt being carried over every month.
So how do i save, tell me?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19: MTN Staff To Start Working From Home Monday / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. / 5 Easy Ways To Position Yourself For The Right Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.