Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month (29344 Views)

Suspended From Work Via Phone Call / 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work / This Is Why You Should Never Close Late From Work! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
valdes00:
I earn 57k n I save 50k monthly .... don't ask me hw I cope, else u will b reminding me of my suffering this past few mnths

You are either staying with your parents,

Wife or husband is the bread winner,

involved in nefarious activites,

pastor of a church,

armed robbery

have rich sugar mummy or daddy.

2 Likes

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Jaydenphoenix: 1:40pm On Mar 04, 2016
Used to save like 60% of my salary.....

Used staff bus, stay with my parents, I'm not a fashionista...savings was deducted at source before I got any salary alert.

Now that I lost my job a few months ago, I'm still surviving. Still have enough savings to last me a whole year, if I decide not to invest

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Apostlelong(m): 2:03pm On Mar 04, 2016
baddooski:
If there's someone out there who can deactivate nairabet acc should pm me for my username and password before i ruin my life totally.

I swear i'm a disgrace to my family.
Bros we need to appease the gods in ur village. Ur case no b play o. It took my elder ones heaven n earth to take me out of it. But it was not has bad as spending 80k o
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by iphoneloaded(m): 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
Just graduated last month. But I've been working on Fiverr (web design) since 2013. I have saved alot to buy a Civic last 2 years, then went on spending spree, etc without any savings.

I came back to my senses last october when I have no money to buy a new laptop after the one I've been using died (RIP).

So after my Mum lend me 80k for a new one, i was able to save 40k from average 70k i make monthly and i paid back the 80k.

Now i have opened an account with another bank and deposit 40k monthly as my untouchable savings and try to manage the rest 20k - 40k depending on how market turnaround.

I'm glad i found this thread and I've learnt alot from you people.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by valdes00(m): 2:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
kaeforum:

You are either staying with your parents,

Wife or husband is the bread winner,

involved in nefarious activites,

pastor of a church,

armed robbery

have rich sugar mummy or daddy.
none, bro...... my dad is late .... I av jus one brother.... n mom.... n Bae has been supportive....

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by realadesco(m): 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
slirkmot:
To save these days is hard. Not with the change buhari is serving us.
don't be a complainer

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by monsieursam64(m): 2:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
Joygalore:
I earn 4k dollars and save 2500 dollars.
Hey Joy, pls how do you manage to save that much? It's quite hard saving as much as 50% from salary in the US based on the bills one needs to pay

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by liricyst(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2016
queenfav:
While serving, i was able to save abt 10k monthly from my 19800.I plan to save 60 percent of my salary from this month end,when i get paid at my new place of work.Some confuse good money management to bring miserly. Wheras it can be achieved by proper planning and prioritization of ones's needs.Here are some tips that has helped me over the years.
1.Buy foodstuffs in bulk..Its relatively cheaper.I restock on foodstuffs every 3 months. I spend 15-20k on that.Its better than buying 3 maggi 20 naira,when you can get the whole pack with 100 cubes for 250-300.By so doing,you save time spent touring the market,since you have most ingredients at home.
2.Learn to avoid impulse buying..I plan my major purchases like 2 months ahead of time.Dont fall for advertising gimmicks that makes people buy what they really dont need e.g expensive smartphones and other luxury items.Be very sure its something you cant do without before paying for it.
3.Be your own person.Learn to enjoy spending time all by yourself.If you keep very outgoing friends,who club and turn up at expensive lounges,you wont be able to save at all ,as you would have to foot the bill at one time or the other.If you get bored on weekends read books,watch movies or just basically relax at home.There is always sth to do on weekends around the house in terms of cleaning and preparation for the next week.
4.Try to cook your own meals.This is not easy for me now because i just switched jobs and it requires me to work 8-6,Monday through saturday..My work leaves me mentally exhausted that i just want to sleep when i get home.I still try to cook break fast and dinner.For lunch i eat out sometimes,on some days i take food to work when i can.This would reduce your living expenses.
5.Its advisable to move to an apartment close to work to reduce transportation costs.
6.Make family and friends understand that you may not be able to assist them financially at all times,else you would go bankrupt being a father Christmas.
7.Do well to leave your atm at home,very far from where it can be easily reached. Thats to reduce the temptation to withdraw money frequently.What i do is to withdraw say 15k,and it sustains me till month end in terms of Feeding lunch and transportation. If i am not with my atm card,i don't feel pressured to make impulse purchases,because the cash on me would be just a little above what i need to have lunch and pay fare to and from work for that day.
Those are few tips that has helped me develop good saving culture over the years..Occasionally, its nice to give yourself a treat;go to the movies or get yourself a Luxury item you have been craving..You only live once so you have to pamper yourself occasionally.However, it shouldn't put a dent on your savings.

Finally...a comment that i agree with 100 percent.

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by scobyy2007: 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
I earn 120K approx.

RENTAGE: 250K

I serve 70K monthly!!!

at the end of year total serving 70K * 12 = 840K

pay house rent 840K - 250K = 590K

I then invest part of the remaining on building project (small small house go complete Insha Allah or In Jesus Name)

BUT SOME INCOME SAUCES* STILL DEY SHA!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Digriz(m): 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
If u are still single just save for rainy days, I don't save now just liquidating my huge savings when I was still single. Now married wt many responsibilities and family needs.

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by pedrilo: 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
interesting read so far.
I earn 104k monthly,
save 70k monthly
Plus sponsoring myself for masters, actually just submitted my project, meaning in few months, i will collect my result and get a pay raise.
Apart from doin masters, my building project is also at roofing stage.
the dream is to be a masters degree holder and a landlord b4 30.
b4 looking for my missing rib
i still get two years b4 i clock 30.
God i tank u.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by femijohn21(m): 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
scobyy2007:
I earn 120K approx.

RENTAGE: 250K

I serve 70K monthly!!!

at the end of year total serving 70K * 12 = 840K

pay house rent 840K - 250K = 590K

I then invest part of the remaining on building project (small small house go complete Insha Allah or In Jesus Name)

BUT SOME INCOME SAUCES* STILL DEY SHA!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i guess you are single because u neva mention children school fees and the rest? It is well.

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by chimexdnice1(m): 3:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
I earn 600k monthly and I save 400k.

4 Likes

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by fetrillion(m): 4:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
As a corper, i currently earn 54800naira. I save all my fg allowee to a corporative acct wich cant be accessed
Save another 10k to another seperate account n manage n Save d little i can Save from d remaining 24800..in a nutshell, i Save 30k and above
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by afamaustin(m): 4:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
U save when u hv enough money to eat
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by forkinsonlolo(m): 4:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
baddooski:
Our elderz once said that a problem shared is half solved!

How can someone saved when he's addicted to nairabet and olosho?.

Please my E-brothers make una help me with realistic tip to imbibe coz i think i'm self destroying my future life, just last week i blew almost 80k punting online.

Is it possible to deactivate my acc?

*sobbing*
i was once in ur shoe. Infact i once blew x 10 of that amount in a single weekend. God has taken control of my life now and i have cursed myself from going back to it. How i got rid of punting, well my loved once got know about it, especially my ex then which to me eventually led to our brkup. I deleted my acct and i informed bet365.com to ban anything related to my name from future registration. Gambling is addictive and it is sad that some people dont know it yet
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by baddooski: 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
forkinsonlolo:
i was once in ur shoe. Infact i once blew x 10 of that amount in a single weekend. God has taken control of my life now and i have cursed myself from going back to it. How i got rid of punting, well my loved once got know about it, especially my ex then which to me eventually led to our brkup. I deleted my acct and i informed bet365.com to ban anything related to my name from future registration. Gambling is addictive and it is sad that some people dont know it yet
if only i could turn back the hands of time, anyway,thanks for sharing your experience..

I have mailed ther CC to do the needful.

Thanks brother.
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Chukzyfcb(m): 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2016
Dis country no get joy oh, so nobody has commented how he saves atleast 250-300k monthly....abi shey no business man don comment ni, where my niggas for Balogun mkt or alaba mkt? Omo na business sure pass, all dis office work, money no dey am cha cha.

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2016
valdes00:
I earn 57k n I save 50k monthly .... don't ask me hw I cope, else u will b reminding me of my suffering this past few mnths
You sure say na Lagos you dey, abi na ayetoro for Ogun state?
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by engraced123(m): 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2016
God's wisdom as expressed by Joseph in Egypt,in the bible dictates that whatever your income,you must save or invest at least 20% .
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by engraced123(m): 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
afamaustin:
U save when u hv enough money to eat
what do you eat?
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by omopastor1(m): 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
If anyone is given 300k/month what would u do to multiple it and how.
Would you be capable of such a debt if you fail to multiple it.
If successful using your own funding the income is yours and outcome is mine provided u continue to maintain the income flow
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Nafizzey(m): 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
Lol as for me job seeker, earnings nothing. spending nothing.. I am just managing myself and praying fervently God should provide me job soon. This life wey we dey live, I swear e no easy...

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by onoslove(f): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
Have been working for 2 years, and in that 2 years I have saved 100k for for each month. I may not have gotten to where I am going, but I have sure leave where I use to be. Lord I am grateful.

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by valdes00(m): 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2016
sisipelebe:
You sure say na Lagos you dey, abi na ayetoro for Ogun state?
Lolz.... I knw its hard to bliv..... buh am in lag
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2016
valdes00:

Lolz.... I knw its hard to bliv..... buh am in lag
Honestly its hard to bliv, perhaps the coy you're working with has a staff bus. You are still with your parents right?
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by valdes00(m): 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
sisipelebe:
Honestly its hard to bliv, perhaps the coy you're working with has a staff bus. You are still with your parents right?
Staying with my parent ke..... At all.....

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by 19naia(m): 2:23am On Mar 05, 2016
I spend less than half. If i spend up to half, then i worry i have made a mistake. My business investment goals must reach ,and my life is comfortable enough to not need to spend up to half.
But savings is not the end result. The purpose of savings is spending eventually. Although the longer i wait to spend, the wiser the spedning.
Also unwise spenders abound in my life who find ways to get money from me while they carry 40k naira phone next to my 4k nokia phone. Children who need school fees assistance in the same amount they were able to aquire on their own to be driving a car fine pass my own while their school fees went unpaid. Ehen, cough cough, i never mention names though. E better graduate well well inside him fine car or else i will personally sing and dance for him to "see mumu rise and fall".
This year took the biggest bite out of my savings and my spending was the most i have ever seen. But not spending on myself other than projects i took on to learn ,and with possible business/market potential. But i cant put eggs in that basket other than the expense sacrifice i was willing to make with hope in mind.
Not to worry, I am still doing well enough to have growth and progress in sight ahead for my ongoing business and future goals.
Savings for me is not so much how much i put in monthly, because that is the easy part. The hard part is how much i can have remaining untouched by the end of year. Thats the part that will make the difference between being able to invest in earning more money, or not.
There is still hope for me for sure. grin

1 Like

Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by mikolo80: 4:52am On Mar 05, 2016
SweetTee:
I like to save at least 60% of my earnings. I would say anything above 50% is good.
60 ke abeg how old you be
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by Mypeople2(m): 8:53am On Mar 05, 2016
For me, I save more than 50% of my salary.I started it after my girlfriend left me high and dry.My account was less than N900.00 when she left me.
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by SenatorJames(m): 11:43am On Mar 05, 2016
We do contribute basic amount of money in the office, after that there are some other savings
Re: How Much And How Do You Save From Work Every Month by SweetTee(f): 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
mikolo80:
60 ke abeg how old you be

why is that important?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19: MTN Staff To Start Working From Home Monday / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. / 5 Easy Ways To Position Yourself For The Right Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.