Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,284 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:37 PM

Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? (47923 Views)

A Nairalander's Experience With Bank Of Industry (documents Attached) / Man Punishes GTB For Deducting N275 From His Account / Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Lovelynature(m): 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
I've tried to change the surname I used to register my bank account for some reasons, but the bank is demanding these from me:

Affidavit
Newspaper Publication
And letter to the manager

But my fear is that I don't know if the BVN name can also be changed as I read somewhere that CBN ordered banks to stop change of name.

I don't want to try anything that may affect my money or create issue in my bank account. Please has anyone changed his account name with the bank. How did you go about it?

Please don't just view, your advice is needed.

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Vision4God: 12:14am On Mar 03, 2016
U wud certainly do Dos 3 thins required of u.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Lovelynature(m): 7:51am On Mar 03, 2016
Vision4God:
U wud certainly do Dos 3 thins required of u.
okay bro thanks.

But have you done it before? Or do you know anybody that did it? How did it go?
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by abayomilove(m): 10:26am On Mar 03, 2016
yes.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Eyop: 10:26am On Mar 03, 2016
why not close the already existing bank account and have another one opened

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by luciouscookie: 10:26am On Mar 03, 2016
Yes you can just make sure you have plenty time and ready to speak plenty grammar because it's not really that simple.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by MadCow1: 10:26am On Mar 03, 2016
I just came here to observe and book space..

Please Continu.

57 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by ebonge1: 10:26am On Mar 03, 2016
Easy as ABC ,visit ur bank customer care for more info.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by amdoyin82(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2016
Yes, I have done it before but requires some protocols.

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by kkboy(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2016
I Hope you are not one of the numerious ghost worker in one ministry or agency. If not why the change of identity.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by nairaman66(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:
I've tried to change the surname I used to register my bank account for some reasons, but the bank is demanding these from me:

Affidavit
Newspaper Publication

But my fear is that I don't know if the BVN name can also be changed as I read somewhere that CBN ordered banks to stop change of name.

I don't want to try anything that may affect my money or create issue in my bank account. Please has anyone changed his account name with the bank. How did you go about it?

Hmnn
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Aristotle96(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2016
Go get new account... Problem solved

3 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by GBELLs: 10:27am On Mar 03, 2016
Why do you want to change account name if its because of marriage just update your next of kin details.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by LordVoldemort(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2016
Ar you a yahoo boy? The reason why you want to change your name Is the key to it all.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Ehins22(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by vicola0281: 10:27am On Mar 03, 2016
make sure u withdraw all ur money first coz banks can't b trusted

8 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by GBELLs: 10:29am On Mar 03, 2016
Opening a new account doesn't solve the problem cos ur bvn will have to linked and the details won't match.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by vicola0281: 10:30am On Mar 03, 2016
. d guy above me jst committed a huge blunder... Lafin in spsnish
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by kuuljay(m): 10:31am On Mar 03, 2016
Be careful before your money go hang somewhere oo the way things are going,why not just wave the matter as long as transaction still they flow
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by ericuzor(m): 10:32am On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:

Affidavit
Newspaper Publication

i change my surname last month but your name must correspond with your bvn name it was my bvn name i changed before i could change the name on my account, i went to Court and collect affidavit for change of name that's all.... hope that helps

2 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Tanyogo(m): 10:32am On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:
Affidavit
Newspaper Publication
Yea, you can do it, all you need is, A court affidavit as to change of name, news paper publication as to that change of name, and write to the manager applying for change of signatory name. All documents remain valid coz you are backed by the affidavit.

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by eluquenson(m): 10:35am On Mar 03, 2016
Very certain you can do it, my wife just did hers last week at GTBank h/office.
You can change your BVN name as well, CBN never said Bank should stop the change of name.

5 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by DedeNkem: 10:37am On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:

Affidavit
Newspaper Publication

The bank told you what to do. Do it!
If you're worried, why not ask the bank this question you asked here. The bank will answer all your questions about your account better NOT here on Nairaland!

Some people make things hard for themselves.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Lovelynature(m): 10:37am On Mar 03, 2016
Tanyogo:

Yea, you can do it, all you need is, A court affidavit as to change of name, news paper publication as to that change of name, and write to the manager applying for change of signatory name. All documents remain valid coz you are backed by the affidavit.
Thanks a lot bro
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by valdes00(m): 10:38am On Mar 03, 2016
going tru all dos stress jus to change ur bank acct name ..... jus go to anoda bank, open a new acct... withdraw ur money from the old one n start using the new one... lobatan...

5 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by pinkpearl17(f): 10:39am On Mar 03, 2016
Yes. I have. I used a court affidavit, newspaper publication and a letter addressed to the manager.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by 2undeee(m): 10:43am On Mar 03, 2016
Lovelynature:

Affidavit
Newspaper Publication

All you need is going to court and apply for change of name and publish it in a news paper it around 4500 here in d north but make sure d name tally with your school credentials because of future reference
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by BE811APP: 10:43am On Mar 03, 2016
i believe u can
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by lurlah2014(f): 10:44am On Mar 03, 2016
why not just reopen another account with your choice name and block the old one, so you can save yourself of bank stress and wahala cos those document must be provided if not u continue with the old one

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 03, 2016

Kindly do as ur bank said, goto the bank with a valid I.D card iif email or phone number changed then utility bill wen ur address changed. Newspaper publication iis bout 5k

Ma problem iis why a man wanna change his surname undecided, sounds kinda fishy.
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by ericuzor(m): 10:45am On Mar 03, 2016
anybody that can't access his account due to bvn irregularities should hola me
Re: Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? by Lovelynature(m): 10:46am On Mar 03, 2016
ericuzor:
i change my surname last month but your name must correspond with your bvn name it was my bvn name i changed before i could change the name on my account, i went to Court and collect affidavit for change of name that's all.... hope that helps
Wow! This is great.

Did you go with affidavit alone or newspaper publication and a valid id card bearing the new surname? Because they demand these from me. I went with only affidavit but they refused.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Saw N100,000 By The Roadside In Ilorin (Photo) / How A Lady Stole 55,000 Naira Inside First Bank At Lekki / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.