Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

My Thoughts On Interracial Mixing - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Thoughts On Interracial Mixing (1430 Views)

Personal Thoughts On Feminism As A Nigerian. / Advice On Interracial Relationship With Nigerian / You Guys Thoughts On Growing Movement Of African-americans Practicing Ifa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On Interracial Mixing by africandictator(m): 1:13am On Mar 03, 2016
Before I begin, I wish to reiterate that I am not a racial supremacist of any sort. I am a member of a minority ethnic group, and technically, I have a few distant ancestors who are not of my racial background. I do not want to make this conversation into a discussion of racial bigotry; I find any form of supremacist ideology to be quite distasteful, and I do not advocate for the inferiority/superiority of any race. My belief on this particular issue is not based on any fundamental objection to intermarriage between people who are of different races; I am primarily concerned about the well-being of any potential children resulting from interracial unions. Typically, the major ethnic groups in this nation do not get along well, and many parents discourage their children from bringing home an individual of another race. Familiarly opposition to interracial pairings often means that many mixed race children never get the opportunity to know their grandparents/ extended family, and this can lead to a profound sense of alienation. Biracial children must also contend with prejudice/ discrimination from people who stand at all ends of the racial divide; I have heard about instances where half black/ half white kids in high schools in Europe who were throughly mistreated by black students and rejected by most of the white students. Due to the insurmountable social pressures faced by many mixed race kids, they often seem to suffer from deep psychological issues and often fail to find a place in any community this gradually turn some of them into misfits. I wish that we lived in a world that was capable of treating all individuals equally, but unfortunately, this is not the case. stop it and save a baby from the future trauma.. #racePurityadvocate #iamnotaracistbutstopinterracia lmixing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On Interracial Mixing by zadok60: 1:17am On Mar 03, 2016
shebi its ur own thought

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Interracial Mixing by Paulpenny(m): 4:35am On Mar 03, 2016
Oga park well first

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Interracial Mixing by africandictator(m): 8:52am On Mar 03, 2016
zadok60:
shebi its ur own thought
abi
Re: My Thoughts On Interracial Mixing by africandictator(m): 8:53am On Mar 03, 2016
Paulpenny:
Oga park well first
shift afterall its my thread..
Re: My Thoughts On Interracial Mixing by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2016
Aye.... beautiful and altruistic.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Interracial Mixing by africandictator(m): 6:50am On Apr 15, 2017
retrend
Re: My Thoughts On Interracial Mixing by meobizy(f): 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
I’ll come back when I see paragraphs.

(1) (Reply)

The Teen Homos (or Downlow) And There Snr Sponsors In Naija / Video: Perceptions And Stereotypes Of Different Tribes. / Eku:Nba Star Ian Mahinmi(Yoruba) Of Dallas Mavericks Who Is From Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.