Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Fathers Taking The Back Seat. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fathers Taking The Back Seat. (1618 Views)

Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society / Taking 'the Vow' Put A Strain On Relationships? / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fathers Taking The Back Seat. by na2day2(m): 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2009
TheSeeker:

Dang man! Imma have to think about this one and get back to you aiitee?

iight, i will let the angels know u r coming but surely i wont be waiting for ya bro grin grin
Re: Fathers Taking The Back Seat. by TheSeeker(m): 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2009
na2day?:

iight, i will let the angels know u r coming but surely i wont be waiting for ya bro grin grin
I could make do with that generous provision from you
Re: Fathers Taking The Back Seat. by na2day2(m): 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2009
TheSeeker:

I could make do with that generous provision from you
no probs
Re: Fathers Taking The Back Seat. by TheSeeker(m): 11:21pm On Jul 18, 2009
na2day?:

no probs
On a different note, what are these women turning the world to, the bad ones that is?
Re: Fathers Taking The Back Seat. by na2day2(m): 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2009
TheSeeker:

On a different note, what are these women turning the world to, the bad ones that is?

i am sure it is written some where in the book of 2nd revelation as one of the signs of the end of times but honestly it is sad, i am sure going to tell my kids i was lucky to be born b4 them bcuz they will miss a lot.
Re: Fathers Taking The Back Seat. by Kunbee: 1:46am On Jul 19, 2009
Just like topup said my dad sometimes wishes he could be like my mum, funny always got home at 7pm took us 2 the club but it never just clicked cos he wasnt as patient as my mom and u better not mess up anything of my dads orm else the belt is coming off his trouser's. I am very impressed at 21st century dads more grease to ur elbow guys
Re: Fathers Taking The Back Seat. by samparian(m): 5:45am On Jul 19, 2009
it all depends on individual parents.
in my days as a child, we always had breakfast with our dad.
my parents had this routine of dad drops us off and school and mum picks us up. when we came back from school dad would be at home on lunch break and on weekends he always took the whole family to a club, zoo or cinema.
Both my parents were actively involved in my childhood.
Re: Fathers Taking The Back Seat. by Romeo4real(m): 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2009
Okay, okay, so I guess my father is based in a different country, but my point is that he was okay to have such a situation, a situation where he knew that the other parent had an unfair share of the responsiblity, he was okay to live separate from his children, for whatever reasons known to the both of them.
This statement kinda nullifies the jist of ur post. He can hardly take a "front seat" if he is in a different country; and as you offer no proof that this arrangement was forced upon your mother unilaterally, it could have been a joint agreement.
The fact is most mothers would choose not give up their children totally for a man to look after, if offered the choice. They believe they would do a better job than he would, and that their maternal, caring instinct is much stronger. Also, in some marriages, women welcome the fact that the man not being in the home too much, as if he was, they would probably be divorced by now.
Re: Fathers Taking The Back Seat. by lannre(m): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2009
gOOD TO BE ON SAME STEERING INSTEAD OF SITTING BACK,BUT DO YOU KNOW SOME WOMEN TAKE UNDUE INFLUENCE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Spouse Irritates Me With His Habits / Ladies Can U Do This / Children Outside Wedluck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.