Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Agatu Killings Vs Gbaramatu Military Occupation: The Irony Of National Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agatu Killings Vs Gbaramatu Military Occupation: The Irony Of National Unity (518 Views)

No Yoruba Should Support Military Occupation Of East / Operation Python Dance, Forceful Military Occupation Of Igboland - ADF. / Agatu Killings: Benue Threatens Reprisal, Urges Fg’s Intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agatu Killings Vs Gbaramatu Military Occupation: The Irony Of National Unity by Ndeavour(m): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2016
I am tempted to conclude that Agatu is not part of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. For the country to carry on in the face of such advanced level of impunity-sack almost 7 villages and take over the villages with a visible presence of over 5000 cows. Yet no arrest, no security being beefed up, no concerted effort to bring perpetrators to book or prevent future occurrence.
Nigeria remains a wonder!

I recall that only only some months ago, militant action in Gbaramatu South-south Nigeria was vehemently resisted by Federal troops with raids in surrounding communities affecting even the innocent.

Juxtaposing these two scenarios, i am compelled to conclude eitherof the following:
1) that petroleum pipelines are more sacred and important than the lives of Nigerians of Agatu extraction,
2) that while the perpetrators and innocent villagers in Gbaramatu community were made to face the dire consequences of the actions of pipeline vandals/militants, the perpetrators of the Agatu genocide continue to thrive unchallenged and unabated,
3) does security cover only the Boko Haram insurgency to the exclusion of child abduction and forced marriage, kidnapping of innocent school children, genocide in about 7 Agatu villages, robberies and other heinous vices?

I think we should arise to the task of making Nigeria work and shun stagnating primordial tendencies.

Madaki J.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agatu Killings Vs Gbaramatu Military Occupation: The Irony Of National Unity by cckris: 11:50am On Mar 03, 2016
We CAUTIONED that it's better to manage our improving conditions than accept dubious CHANGE.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!! President Buhari Appoints Dakuku Peterside As Director-general, NIMAS / #ameachi & APC Always Lying...#ameachi: / Pix. How To Be A Rogue Opposition - PDP Wailers On Lai Mohammed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.