Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More (29666 Views)

I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? / I Scored 300 In My JAMB / I Scored 199 In The Ongoing JAMB Not 399 - Ibrahim Shamwilu From Kogi (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by supercent02(m): 9:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
SOFTVIO ur result goes thus. Examination Centre: PERSONAL DETAILS Surname: First Name: Middle Name: Registration Number: Examination Number: Onyekwere Ifeanyi Obinna Date Printed: Thursday, March 03, 2016 Imo Ikeduru Male 65328485DI C00906200 Institution: Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden Institution: Uptonville Oil And Gas Institute, Port Harcourt Institution: University Of Port- Harcourt, Faculty: Sciences Course: B.SC., Geology Course: OND, Petroleum Geo- Sciences Faculty: Sciences Course: B.SC., Geology REGISTRAR 1. This Result is Provisional. 2. You CANNOT use this document for employment or admission purposes. For further details, please refer to JAMB Course: NCE, Computer Education/ Physics Course: OND, Estate Management And Valuation Aggregate = 217 Physics = 56; Mathematics = 55; Geography = 54; Use of English = 52; Local Govt. Area: Gender: ============================== ============================== ============================== ============================== ==== NOTE: CHOICES EXAMINATION RESULT Prefered Degree Awarding Fourth Choice More Prefered Degree Awarding Third Choice Second Choice State Of Origin: Institution: Fed College Of Educ. (Tech.), Omoku Institution: Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by esonuu(m): 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
chinchum:

Another bullshit, i didnt remember writing that you wrote he should fail cos others did.

Whatever score he had, if he feels he deserves more, there ought to be way to channel that grievance,and that should be the discourse.

Get it, Whatever has human intervention is subject to error . I didnt see where the young man boasted, it might have come across to you as a boast, he wrote that he typically scores avg of 45/50 in maths, which is a valid assessment of himself, so if all of a sudden it looks like a boast to you, check yourself ! His performance should be independent of others. what if with his 260 he fails to get admission, because of others with higher scores?
ooh he didnt boast,u didnt read his subsequent comment where he said jamb should go to hell with their +40 tins,dat he has ALL it takes to excel...wat do u kal dat? Bottom line is "pride goeth b4 fall",he should quit boasting,if u aint hapi wit dat,pls do d needful by hugging d nearest wet transformer*case closed*
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by ChukaLupin(m): 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
WAZOBIA3:
Thanks sir for your contribution but I don't need any favour from Jamb. I know I have all it takes to excel academically, JAMB can go to hell with that +40 score because I don't need it.
You have a Large mouth, Son.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by huntax(m): 9:52pm On Mar 03, 2016
Drabeey:
OP, the magnanimity of your ignorancy and arrogancy is beyond any of my comprehensible comprehension.
You just sat for an exam plainly objective and magnanimosly chaired by technology. Yet, your self aggrandisement is fooling you pronosio.
Anyway, i believe you are a young chap and you might not know this. The mathematics that was set in that exam had so many possible and closely related answers. It is very possible you choose wrongly and erred by thinking it was the correct answer.
BTW, if there is anything to go by in your post, it would be the rediness you sowed into your exams, that is a good one, so thumbs up to you.

Be careful, do not challenge Jamb and please embbed yourself into more reading and sow more lugarbity of time into preparing for your post UTME exams.

Anyways..

DrabeeyWasHere

Pastor Chris Okotie, is that you?
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by huntax(m): 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Is this a joke or what? 260? And you are not satisfied.
Nawa o.
Abi o, back in the days, people would rejoice for crossing the 200+ grace. 260 can get you in almost any course... Maybe OP was targeting a front page in Tribune for scoring the highest in Jamb, or a scholarship.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by MelodiousCity(m): 10:21pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Is this a joke or what? 260? And you are not satisfied.
Nawa o.

I got 240,
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Jones8(m): 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
Acenazt add me 08132815960. I like making brainy friends. I scored 208 in Jamb this year.....Civil Engineering #Uniport
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
MelodiousCity:

I got 240,
wow, nice one. *hugs*
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by morett: 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hey OP. There's nothing bad with how you feel. You are very right. In a speech in 2012 in a programme at the University of Ibadan, professor Dibu Ojerinde(Jamb registrar), mentioned that JAMB never takes into consideration that you can answer all questions correctly and that that they use a sort of correlated marking. I wouldn't understand what he meant by this, but their grading is somewhat biased. You must have been the kind of kid who has excelled in math contests that are even tougher than JAMB, so I feel your pain but most people commenting here are either sentimental or completely ignorant.

What a smart kids like you should have done is write SAT and SAT subject test and Cambridge A levels. Their grading systems are never biased and even if you deserved a 100%, you'll get it. With that you get accepted to prestigious schools in the US with scholarship. You won't come in contact with these Nigerian lecturers who'll beef you just because you're very smart.

Finally, I'd like you to take this off your mind and start working towards creativity, rather than excellent grades alone. Remember William Kemkwamba who built a wind tunnel for his village? That's creativity not academic grade. Get involved in creative projects. Einstein wasn'nt Einstein for academic grades, he was great for success in research, problem solving and creativity. If you love Math, move towards Olympiad problem solving. Visit artofproblemsolving.com.

Don't forget modesty and humility. Intelligence without character is bad. So try to avoid pride when the feeling comes. You may be better than most people at Uniport but not Harvard. Yet the goal should not be to be better than others but to identify your strengths and be the best of yourself.

Cheers.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by MelodiousCity(m): 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaure4ever:
wow, nice one. *hugs*

*feels the softness and warmth of her hug, blushes a bit then titls his head and smiles brightly there after the hug, as positive energies emanating from you floods his system lighting up a gentle flame deep inside*
well I'm a bit worried over the score cause I heard unilag only give admission to 280 jambites and a psychology aspirant.
What do you think?
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
MelodiousCity:

*feels the softness and warmth of her hug, blushes a bit then titls his head and smiles brightly there after the hug, as positive energies emanating from you floods his system lighting up a gentle flame deep inside*
well I'm a bit worried over the score cause I heard unilag only give admission to 280 jambites and a psychology aspirant.
What do you think?
don't worry, you will open a thread about ur matric very soon.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by MelodiousCity(m): 11:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
Adaure4ever:
don't worry, you will open a thread about ur matric very soon.

Loool Amen o, can't wait!
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by softvio(m): 11:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
supercent02:
SOFTVIO ur result goes thus.
Examination Centre:
PERSONAL DETAILS Surname: First
Name: Middle Name: Registration
Number: Examination Number:
Onyekwere Ifeanyi Obinna Date
Printed: Thursday, March 03, 2016
Imo Ikeduru Male 65328485DI
C00906200 Institution: Akwa Ibom
State University, Ikot-Akpaden
Institution: Uptonville Oil And Gas
Institute, Port Harcourt
Institution: University Of Port-
Harcourt,
Faculty: Sciences
Course: B.SC., Geology
Course: OND, Petroleum Geo-
Sciences
Faculty: Sciences
Course: B.SC., Geology REGISTRAR
1. This Result is Provisional. 2. You
CANNOT use this document for
employment or admission purposes.
For further details, please refer to
JAMB
Course: NCE, Computer Education/
Physics
Course: OND, Estate Management
And Valuation
Aggregate = 217 Physics = 56;
Mathematics = 55; Geography = 54;
Use of English = 52; Local Govt.
Area: Gender:
==============================
====
NOTE: CHOICES EXAMINATION
RESULT Prefered Degree Awarding
Fourth Choice More Prefered Degree
Awarding Third Choice Second
Choice State Of Origin:
Institution: Fed College Of Educ.
(Tech.), Omoku
Institution: Abia State Polytechnic,
Aba

wow! Thanks bro.. This was the exact score(217) i requested from God, before i set sail for jamb... This year uniport must admit me in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Justicealh3(m): 1:10am On Mar 04, 2016
hakeem4:
Me that I got 406 in jamb nkor ?
Aaba. Can u.....

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Justicealh3(m): 1:11am On Mar 04, 2016
Justicealh3:
Aaba. Can u.....
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Nobody: 1:47am On Mar 04, 2016
WAZOBIA3:
My name is Nonso from Anambra state. I, as a matter of fact, sat for this year's JAMB UTME with the aspiration to study Elect-Elect in UNIPORT. Yesterday, the 2nd of March, I'd completed my exams and after a long wait I got what I consider the biggest shock I'd ever received in the history of examinations. JAMB released my results as thus; Use of English - 60, Maths - 58, Physics - 75 and Chemistry - 67 Aggregate:260

If I'm not certain about others, I can swear it that I would never score below 90% in any Maths exam. I've gotten so acquainted with Mathematics that it has become my life and almost my everything. I don't know how JAMB marking scheme is like but if common sense is anything to go by, each questions should carry 2 marks. I practised the past questions and the least score I'd ever gotten in any test within a time interval of 50 minutes was 45/50 and I'm even so sensitive to errors on the past questions that I could easily spot one at anytime. What I can't seem to figure my head around is how JAMB do come about with this dubious marking system. Why must I be punished for an unfounded suspicion? I protest this result and I challenge the organization called JAMB to summon me anywhere, anytime and I'll prove that this score I was awarded with is a scam. My target to score 320 or above that can't be relinquished in this manner without a protest.

#SoAngry
i like your confidence dear.. And the fact that you're an aspiring elect/elect engineer. Im a first year elect/elect student too and i wish you goodluck in your academic pursuit!

#never.settle.for.less.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by WAZOBIA3: 5:27am On Mar 04, 2016
esonuu:
Humans and their pride+ingratitude.. Others are scoring below 200,u got 260,to thank God is even difficult for u,u are here bragging about u having all it takes to excel academically, u claim jamb marked u down,who even said u cant mistakenly click on wrong options while trying to click on the ryt one u already know,Mr, nobody is above mistake,evn professors sumtyms makes cheap mistakes..jamb didnt mark u down,my kid sis who has never used a computer b4,shes a novice and dis is her 1st tym of sitting 4 jamb,shes yet to write waec but she wrote dis jamb and scored 269..why didnt jamb mark her down..pls drop ur ego,stop bragging about knowing maths bla bla, learn to give God glory and stp acting like u get tins done through ur power
You got it all wrong. I'm not bragging. You don't what it means to set target, and being sure of hitting the target, you are being hit by this misnomer. Congrats to your sister though.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by WAZOBIA3: 5:28am On Mar 04, 2016
Emmyphey:
The same here too jamb wrote 60% for me in my math but am very sure i scored nothin less than 80% because even the guys i did tutorial for scored 70% and 74% respectively and even the maths question was a revision for me because 90% of it was repeated qustions so therefore we have the right to protest since it is our future
Exactly what I'm talking about.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by WAZOBIA3: 5:40am On Mar 04, 2016
Jobia:
i like your confidence dear.. And the fact that you're an aspiring elect/elect engineer. Im a first year elect/elect student too and i wish you goodluck in your academic pursuit!

#never.settle.for.less.

Wow a coursemate on the thread. Thanks for your word and goodluck in your endeavours.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Dsd1pumpking(m): 7:29am On Mar 04, 2016
WAZOBIA3:
Thanks sir for your contribution but I don't need any favour from Jamb. I know I have all it takes to excel academically, JAMB can go to hell with that +40 score because I don't need it.

I wrote march 2 .too
Eng: 65 / phy : 66 / chem: 54 .

They said due to the speed I used in answering biology , there software thought I was guessing so....deducting/reducing my score to 49 which isn't possible . so I'm to wait until 48hrs for an upgrade of my biology score.
A girl I taught like 35questions in biology called me and she scored 78 --bio

Prof. Dibu, I ain't requesting for any 40marks but return what's belonging to us/Me
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by orobs93(m): 8:03am On Mar 04, 2016
WAZOBIA3:
Please how can I contact them?

You claim to knw maths but u cannot use ur brain and common sense to know hw to contact them..
Jamb is invincible you cannot contact dem
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by WAZOBIA3: 8:17am On Mar 04, 2016
Dsd1pumpking:

I wrote march 2 .too
Eng: 65 / phy : 66 / chem: 54 .

They said due to the speed I used in answering biology , there software thought I was guessing so....deducting/reducing my score to 49 which isn't possible . so I'm to wait until 48hrs for an upgrade of my biology score.
A girl I taught like 35questions in biology called me and she scored 78 --bio

Prof. Dibu, I ain't requesting for any 40marks but return what's belonging to us/Me
I'm happy that I have finally seen someone who sees the scam in JAMB's marking scheme. I don't know if the past questions CBT where I get at least a 90% is different from JAMB, and some people here think I should have accepted it without a protest. Didn't I work for it?
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Donpizzle(m): 8:58am On Mar 04, 2016
Drabeey:
OP, the magnanimity of your ignorancy and arrogancy is beyond any of my comprehensible comprehension.
You just sat for an exam plainly objective and magnanimosly chaired by technology. Yet, your self aggrandisement is fooling you pronosio.
Anyway, i believe you are a young chap and you might not know this. The mathematics that was set in that exam had so many possible and closely related answers. It is very possible you choose wrongly and erred by thinking it was the correct answer.
BTW, if there is anything to go by in your post, it would be the rediness you sowed into your exams, that is a good one, so thumbs up to you.

Be careful, do not challenge Jamb and please embbed yourself into more reading and sow more lugarbity of time into preparing for your post UTME exams.

Anyways..

DrabeeyWasHere

u re just trying to tell us of the new dictionary u bought OR perhaps u re the new Patrick.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by ejomsuccess(m): 9:03am On Mar 04, 2016
WAZOBIA3:
My name is Nonso from Anambra state. I, as a matter of fact, sat for this year's JAMB UTME with the aspiration to study Elect-Elect in UNIPORT. Yesterday, the 2nd of March, I'd completed my exams and after a long wait I got what I consider the biggest shock I'd ever received in the history of examinations. JAMB released my results as thus; Use of English - 60, Maths - 58, Physics - 75 and Chemistry - 67 Aggregate:260

If I'm not certain about others, I can swear it that I would never score below 90% in any Maths exam. I've gotten so acquainted with Mathematics that it has become my life and almost my everything. I don't know how JAMB marking scheme is like but if common sense is anything to go by, each questions should carry 2 marks. I practised the past questions and the least score I'd ever gotten in any test within a time interval of 50 minutes was 45/50 and I'm even so sensitive to errors on the past questions that I could easily spot one at anytime. What I can't seem to figure my head around is how JAMB do come about with this dubious marking system. Why must I be punished for an unfounded suspicion? I protest this result and I challenge the organization called JAMB to summon me anywhere, anytime and I'll prove that this score I was awarded with is a scam. My target to score 320 or above that can't be relinquished in this manner without a protest.

#SoAngry
Free jamb, I think they are doing some favouritism, I scored 268 this year but expected far higher, some are scoring 270's, 280's and I did my exam far better than them
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Donpizzle(m): 9:05am On Mar 04, 2016
amunkita:
Nonso nwoke onye Awusa..

If it was the days of Salim u scored 260, u wont be writing this sh1t but taking off to the church for testimony but it seems Jamb no get head again else u wont be lamenting the above...

exactly wat I ws thinking. jamb dey very easy this dayz. the standard of question has dropped. in our days, if u score 300 and above na scholarship Buh Hw many pple they get am. Buh nw u see pple scoring 300+ anyhow.

1 Like

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by amunkita(m): 9:19am On Mar 04, 2016
Donpizzle:

exactly wat I ws thinking. jamb dey very easy this dayz. the standard of question has dropped. in our days, if u score 300 and above na scholarship Buh Hw many pple they get am. Buh nw u see pple scoring 300+ anyhow.

God bless u Jawe...
Those days if u score 260, ur name go travel nii, u fit use am get free gonking sef..
But these days, u see a child with 260 nd still claiming that it's not his real score nd u wondering if its common entrance exam...
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by chuckpeter001(m): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2016
WAZOBIA3:

Mk thunder fire u dere
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by indoorlove(m): 10:43am On Mar 04, 2016
WAZOBIA3:

#SoAngry
I don't really know how good you're at solving mathemtical problems, but you can never be too sure about the embolden statement above. Ask those that study mathematics in the university they will tell you more.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by ejomsuccess(m): 10:48am On Mar 04, 2016
Jamb should remark or reschedule our exam because I'm sure I did better than 268, I think there is a problem somewhere as I can see someone scoring 399/400
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
I like this guy grin
Bro, I understand your plight. It's so upsetting when someone downgrades your efforts. I know how it feels when you're expecting a very high score only for you to see something else. But with the additional 40 marks, you score will be 300 and that's not bad at all. You can write JAMB about your issue but with the way this country is, I'm very sure your issue would be pushed to a corner, it won't be taken up. So, just accept it the way it is
Personally, I think JAMB should be scrapped. It's useless.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
[size=64pt]BULLSHIT!!![/size]
Drabeey:

Anyways..

DrabeeyWasHere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How UNN Students Eat During Exam (photos) / 2021/2022 Post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme / Funny Things You Can Relate To If You Are A Student & Depend On Your Parent(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.