Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds (27931 Views)

How Ekiti State N4.7 Billion Bailout Fund Was Shared / 12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / Wow!!! EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Lecturebidz(m): 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
Why has this not happened in Benue state? Why is EFCC so reluctant to deal with these thieves in my state!!! After receiving a bailout of N25B our 'by the grace of God' governor could not pay every worker owed by the government! I don't even want to talk of pensioners,they have been completely neglected! What kind of leaders do we have in this country?!
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by princefaculty(m): 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
Our thief, our thief...
That old fox I know remains the same
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by kachnov(m): 9:53pm On Mar 03, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
[s][/s]

I thought you said his anti-corruption campaign is one-sided? Kontinu wailing tongue tongue tongue

More like...

I thought you said APC were the all saints party?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
mentorandfriend:
Correct.

Withdrawing from state coffers for personal aggrandizement without paying workers salaries is a grave sin against humanity. Dunno if these public servants have conscience at all.

No wonder Imo State is comatose. Go there now, nothing is working. At the end, some PROs who have sold their souls to the devil will open a thread to advertise a frivolity in a lame attempt to launder the image of that government.

It's a crazy country indeed. undecided

It's a really a crazy country.

How could people divert BAILOUT funds meant for delayed salaries of workers? I'm NOT surprised; Nigerians are very crude when in comes to corruption.

My Oga, I've read worst stories of misappropriation of funds. I've read of folks stealing funds meant for FLOOD VICTIMS. It's that primitive.

Let's see how this plays out, seeing we are dealing with an APC governor/regional leader.

Every nation has corrupt people but the magnitude and frequency here is simply mind boggling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Ndolarr: 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
So, where would they be kept pending conclusion of investigation? EFCC! Arrest before investigation will only give the wicked corrupt officials room to get bail from an equally very corrupt judge!!
Our corrupt State Governors and their satanic officials are liabilities to this nation, just like their clownish brothers in the National Assembly.
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by AnyibestDede(m): 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
tophee:
I weep for your use of English
English master thanks a whole lot and am very sure that u are above mistakes
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by sabi99(m): 10:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
Okorocha is a brainless donkey
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by AnyibestDede(m): 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
MCRUEMUS:
IF THIEVES ARE D ONES RULING U BETTER BE HAPPY because HERE IN MY STATE DELTA 'CRIMINALS' AND ROGUES ARE FULLY INCHARGE. 76% OF THE TRILLIONS ACCRUED TO THE STATE SINCE 1999 HAVE BEEN STOLEN
My brother we are all in this together, i think is high time we speak out at least for the sake of our children
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by kepoc: 11:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
U see owelle with his style. Even his Tc chairmen has not received a dime since he inaugurated them. Every body has been subjected to serious poverty. In fact IMO state is boiling. Owelle there is God ooo
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by discusant: 11:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
AnyibestDede:
OKOROCHA DON FINISH MY BELOVED STATE. I was at owerri this past december, i weeped 4 my beloved state. Rochas is a confrimed scam. What is our sin in imo that we are always been ruled by thieves? God please help my state

You needed to visit Orlu, the second most populated town in Imo state.

People are dying from breathing dust in the last four years from roads scratched with red soil poured on top.
All cries to the governor to come down from his high stool in Owerri to Orlu and cover the roads with asphalt have fallen onto Rochas' ears but no relief.
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Abagworo(m): 12:37am On Mar 04, 2016
mike404:
WHERE IS ABAGWORO SEF

I'm here. Don't believe 90% of bad things you read trying to paint Imo or Okorocha in bad light. For example this news was a concicted lie just like most others. I wish Okorocha could understand he is at war and face the war squarely than forming silent while he is being blackmailed using the media.

Doing good sometimes is not enough without facing your enemies squarely. Right now it can never be reported that he has built over 300 primary schools in his 1st tenure and has done up to at least 50 secondary schools in the last 1 year. No reports of dozens of roads and bridges constructed in the last 1 year and the massive ones going on as we write tonight.

His aides should be up and doing before all his good will be painted black.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by stchinedu: 2:02am On Mar 04, 2016
Roidatom:
Hmm. N2 billion.
Pocketed.
That must be a very large pocket.
But seriously, some people are courageous oo, to steal or even attempt to steal such huge amount of money. Just like that. You no work, you no do anything. Na wa.
As in eehn, that pocket must have a space in the Guinness book of records grin cheesy
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Moana(f): 2:30am On Mar 04, 2016
ALISMILE:
Some pple will blame Okorocha now! Juss watch!
so in that your head, you believe he was not aware of it? undecided

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 04, 2016
mccoy47:

That aid should be shot!

What about the person he is aiding ( the governor)?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by themistocles: 5:58am On Mar 04, 2016
na d same Rocha's dey advise buhari not to gv unemployed Nigerians a dime....buh he is still diverting....God help us
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by ujoatu(m): 6:30am On Mar 04, 2016
FALSE ALARM...

NOBODY WAS ARRESTED BY EFCC IN IMO STATE....
=========

The public is hereby notified to disregard the information from pit of hell being peddled by disgruntled elements both in the Social and Print Media that EFCC operatives arrested some top Government Officials in Imo State including Dr.Paschal Chigozie Obi , Principal Secretary to the Governor of Imo State.

According to the false report,
Uzoho Casmir, Director of Finance and Iheoma Kenneth,Treasurer were also arrested.

Dr Paschal Obi was never arrested.The young man was among the dignitaries that received the Wives of the Southern Governors who are in Imo State for a 2 day summit.
If your from any of the Southern States, call the wife of your Governor to confirm.
Dr Paschal Obi was in the office today. He will be in the office tomorrow.

If such a thing happens, the News will be everywhere both in the Print , Electronic and Social Media and will not appear only in one medium especially the one known globally as a source of blackmail, notorious in projecting false News , raising false alarm etc.

It is also unfortunate that some sources meant to be beacons of information direction for the people now turned out to be sources of misinformation to the public because of what Gov. Fayose called Stomach Infrastructure.

I'm also well convinced that disgruntled elements are doing all they can, looking for a way to smear the name of the Chief of Staff just because of 2019.

I want to authoritatively inform you that the Chief of Staff, a humble Servant Leader is only concerned with how to deliver on his assignments of assisting the Government deliver the dividends of democracy and not next Election.

If your in this group, know that fighting a man with the grace, you MUST end up being disgraced.

What will you gain causing tension in the State via false alarm?

I know that such unfounded media attack to the Government is not new but it's just a confirmation that the Government despite her challenges is making efforts to be above the Sea Level to the surprise of the enemies of the State.

We know about Dasuki gate and yam
We know of Secondus being arrested
We know of Metuh when he was arrested
We know of Abba Moro being arrested
We know about GEJ aide being arrested
And many others.

They were all in the news...

STOP THE LIES...
STOP THE PULL HIM DOWN SYNDROME
#copied
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Udopasa: 6:47am On Mar 04, 2016
@Ujoatu, if the arrest have not happened, be sure it will happen if not in this dispensation, in the next. Rochas should know by now that he has lost the goodwill that have kept him going over the years. The calamity that will befall him in Orlu politics will be more disastrous to that which happened to Udenwa. Like I said earlier on, Rochas has lost focus and Ndi Orlu na Imo will definitely punish him at the appropriate time cos we know how to cure silly leaders of their imbecility. Udo diri unu
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Royaldd: 7:13am On Mar 04, 2016
Okorocha should be hanged in the ball and thereafter stoned to death for squandering 26billion bailout funds and running his state into huge debt with nothing anywhere on ground to show for it. Now the state is broke while workers are owed up to 11months salary arrears.

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by 100Cents: 9:25am On Mar 04, 2016
csamii:
Na rochas send them

Nah you sabi o ?

Culprits : Oga, nah you send us message nah.

Governor : If you mention my name you are dead.

Culprits : But oga.

Governor : Sharrap, You beta go jail than die in my hands, i will see what i can do..
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by owumzy(m): 10:08am On Mar 04, 2016
It's better than condoning corruption any day... Nothing will deter him.

Dottore:
Buhari will be wondering how the hell he made anti corruption mantra his chief campaign manifesto. It seems his closest allies are on a mission to ridicule his war against corruption. From the look of things he may likely spend his tenure running around circles with achievements below expectations.
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by discusant: 10:38am On Mar 04, 2016
Udopasa:
@Ujoatu, if the arrest have not happened, be sure it will happen if not in this dispensation, in the next. Rochas should know by now that he has lost the goodwill that have kept him going over the years. The calamity that will befall him in Orlu politics will be more disastrous to that which happened to Udenwa. Like I said earlier on, Rochas has lost focus and Ndi Orlu na Imo will definitely punish him at the appropriate time cos we know how to cure silly leaders of their imbecility. Udo diri unu

.Abagworo-Ujoatu with Principal, Gov. Rochas Okorocha, must have every body in Orlu gone before Okorocha advances an inch again in Politics after governorship position - that's, if they are able to finish this second term without impeachment. .

Paint Owerri with white wash and make Orlu become miserable to live in - that is Rochas official policy as he fights his dirty war against Orlu.

Ridiculous hearing them talk about 2019 politics
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by ALISMILE(m): 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
Moana:
so in that your head, you believe he was not aware of it? undecided
Yes! But let's wait and see!
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Udopasa: 2:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
discusant:

.Abagworo-Ujoatu with Principal, Gov. Rochas Okorocha, must have every body in Orlu gone before Okorocha advances an inch again in Politics after governorship position - that's, if they are able to finish this second term without impeachment. .

Paint Owerri with white wash and make Orlu become miserable to live in - that is Rochas official policy as he fights his dirty war against Orlu.

Ridiculous hearing them talk about 2019 politics
Nwanne, don't mind them. Their permutation is to see Rochas to the senate if Buhari decides to go for a second term. But i laugh in swahili cos the same way Umu Orlu na Imo crushed Udenwa politically will be a child's play compared to what will happen to Rochas.

As for Abagworo, i still think he means well but is finding it extremely difficult to admit that our "darling" has terribly derailed. But i will continue to urge him and my sister @Berem to start speaking up and if need be, scream cos we must safe Rochas from Rochas and his mischievous fair weather psycophants. Udo diri gi

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by discusant: 3:38am On Mar 05, 2016
Udopasa:
Nwanne, don't mind them. Their permutation is to see Rochas to the senate if Buhari decides to go for a second term. But i laugh in swahili cos the same way Umu Orlu na Imo crushed Udenwa politically will be a child's play compared to what will happen to Rochas.

As for Abagworo, i still think he means well but is finding it extremely difficult to admit that our "darling" has terribly derailed. But i will continue to urge him and my sister @Berem to start speaking up and if need be, scream cos we must safe Rochas from Rochas and his mischievous fair weather psycophants. Udo diri gi

We needed to save Rochas from his fair weather friends, but since Rochas decided that painting Owerri white wash, but adamantly refused to pour coal tar over the roads he scraped in Orlu, refused to finish the St Joseph to Ogidi drainage gutter - two most important things - but instead he builds new roads where no body lives in Owerri, with flyovers, etc, that means Rocha tells 'waka' to Orlu after collecting bulk and winning votes from Orlu. Heaven helps those who help themselves.
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Udopasa: 6:24am On Mar 05, 2016
discusant:

We needed to save Rochas from his fair weather friends, but since Rochas decided that painting Owerri white wash, but adamantly refused to pour coal tar over the roads he scraped in Orlu, refused to finish the St Joseph to Ogidi drainage gutter - two most important things - but instead he builds new roads where no body lives in Owerri, with flyovers, etc, that means Rocha tells 'waka' to Orlu after collecting bulk and winning votes from Orlu. Heaven helps those who help themselves.
True. But then again, let's snap out of our docility and continue to speak up and out. And hope that in his own best interest he heed to the voice of genuine reason and start off something real and fast cos we wouldn't be deceived by cosmetics when ever election is around the corner. It's either he starts fixing Orlu and Imo NOW or forever forget it and face our wrath at the appropriate time. Udo diri gi
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Moana(f): 7:04am On Mar 05, 2016
ALISMILE:
Yes! But let's wait and see!
this is the same men who used "N200million" on a N500k looking christmas tree and failed to pay civil servants because the state "didn't have money" and you still think he is innocent?

If the state has no money to pay civil servants, kindly tell me where he gets the money for his countless trips outside Nigeria

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by bobchyke: 12:39am On Mar 09, 2016
I Was Not Arrested By Efcc...dr Paschal Obi…. By Nwadike Chikezie

The Principal Secretary to Imo State Governor, Dr Paschal Obi has [/color]refuted the rumour making round that the Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC arrested and detained him alongside two other officials of Imo State Government House.

This was in reaction to the rumour making rounds as was published by Sahara Reporters, an Online Media outfit; before being grabbed by other Media Outfits for commercial publications in other to make money from the public.

Speaking from his Office in Government House Owerri, Imo State, Dr Paschal Obi described the rumour as false, fictitious and unfounded. He maintained that he was never arrested because he committed no crime that would warrant such and wondered why politics of calumny would be a common practice encouraged by the Media practitioners.

Dr Paschal narrated that in line with the desire of the Federal Government Policy to ensure judicious utilization of the bailout fund which was made for the payment of Workers Salaries, the EFCC called on States to submit their records for verification, an exercise designed to be carried out on a[color=#006600]
ll the States that received the bailout fund from the Federal Government.

Responding to the questions from Journalists who were professional enough to verify information before publishing, the Principal Secretary to Imo State Governor, Dr Paschal noted that in response to telephone invitation, he travelled to EFCC Office in Enugu, (not Abuja) located at Plot 106 Federal Government Collage Road, Independence Layout, Enugu, Nigeria with the Director of Accounts, Government House of the State and other relevant officials on Wednesday, 2nd march 2016.

He went further to state that on getting there; they were cordially received and attended to by the staff of EFCC. The required records were presented after which they left. According to him, there was no issue of disagreement, arrest or detention.

Having done that, they returned to Imo State to participate in the reception of the wives of the Southern Governors. According to the Principal Secretary, he was with the Executive Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha who just returned from Abuja on Official State assignment. While he was giving him situation report on general State Matters, a call came in from one of the Northern State Governors ( name withheld ) drawing his attention to the publication made by Sahara Reporters alleging that EFCC had arrested and detained some Government Officials including the Principal Secretary, Dr Paschal Obi. The Governor asked him the source and he said that it was from Sahara Reporters.

Immediately, the Governor laughed because he understood that it was another Media Attack to hit his Government knowing full well that the source was a known Online Media outfit notorious for blackmail and attacking performance. He told the caller that he was right there with his Principal Secretary who was briefing him on the assignments he gave him. The Governor advised him to disregard such information. He told him that he had already developed thick skin for such attacks.

Dr Paschal Obi went ahead to challenge anybody to come up with the details of such arrest and who bailed him. He decried the attitude of using the Media Platform to misinform the people all in the name of playing politics of calumny.

In a similar development, the Chief of staff, Imo State Government has condemned in its entirety the act of the Media playing into the hands of mischief makers and those who want the state to fail. He called on all Imolites to remain calm that there is no tension in the State. The Chief of Staff maintained in strong terms that the bailout money was judiciously utilised in payment of workers’ salaries transparently.

He advised the general public that the Government of Imo State will never renege in delivering her mandate and election promises to the good people of the State, assuring with emphasis that no amount of blackmail will make the Rescue Government of Imo State to lose focus.

He appealed to opposition and those behind the globally condemned dastardly act to desist from playing politics with the bailout money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ademilola Lola Odujinrin Visits Osinbajo In Abuja (Pics) / Fayose Reacts To Quit Notice Given To Igbos / Dele Momodu Reacts As Presidency Queries Obasanjo’s Absence At Democracy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.