Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (61470 Views)

Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? / Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / New Tinted Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by TheAdvocate(m): 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
bobbiiee:
You can do you tint permit at police headquarters located at ikeja on the Thursday and Friday of every week. It's advisable for you to be there by 7.30am. Go with the original of your Proof of ownership and Vehicle licence. You ID card will be presented. They will ask you 1k after biometric.

If you don't have a National ID card, don't bother going because they need your ID number for the fingerprint verification.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Fawklicant: 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2018
TheAdvocate:

Capturing done at State Police Headquarters but it must be processed and signed in Abuja by a DIG. The state ICT merely prints it out for you.

My dear unless the procedure has changed now, it was well publicized then. A communique was issued to that effect authorizing commissioners to sign on behalf of ig to reduce the bereaucratic bottlenecks resulting in delays. You can google it. Like I said earlier Unless the situation has changed now.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by xana101: 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2018
For non-factory fitted tinted glass, please can I get d health permit at Lagos teaching hospital at Ikeja GRA ?
Some said its only federal medical, some said states too can give.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by taxiappguy: 12:45am On Aug 01, 2018
princemillla:

You should go for biometric capture then wait for it to be approved.
Correct
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by ayanfeeledumare: 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
Are theses procedures still in place or changed?
I want to do one. Can assist

princemillla:
Follow below steps to get your tinted permit.

1. Log on to www.npf.gov.ng/tinted

2. Fill in the information and click submit.

3. You will be provided with a login password (you can change it once u log in).

4. Scan proof of ownership and drivers license.

5. Complete details of your car and input your insurance number then upload those docs in the portal provided

6. Press submit and print out the page.

7. Take the print out form to police state headquarter in ikeja.

Nb: once u get there ask for Ict department for permit.

8. Tender your print out and you will be captured both face and finger print.

9. A copy of your print out form with an inscription : UNDER PROCESSING WITH SIGNATURE AND DATE will be giving back to you.

10.last, log in to your portal regularly to monitor if your permit has been approved.

Tinted permit is FREE but you can appreciate them if you want to.

Kudos to all the staffs in the ict department of police headquarters in ikeja, they ensured they attended to everyone on the list. Incase you are reading this( na that funny Gbajabiamila boy they appreciate you.

Ask me any questions concerning this, I will give you more details.

Nb: am not a police officer, just a citizen like you, Information is power, it can save a lots of life.

My experience : I met several police officers in same headquarters, we'll dressed, looking smart and agile. I want to believe they are well educated. I n my honest advice, those are the set of people we need in police force generally.

Observation : the awareness on the tinted permit is not that sound and believe me, come April many people will fall victim, so mods pls push this to the fp to save drivers.

God bless Nigeria

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by okwute82: 10:57am On Sep 20, 2018
Pls how do I register two to three cars with same name
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by ospreywin(m): 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2019
You can also contact me for your tinted permit to reduce your stress and save your time in Lagos, it comes with a small charge though..lol whatsapp or call 08144476474
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by ospreywin(m): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2019
ayanfeeledumare:
Are theses procedures still in place or changed?
I want to do one. Can assist

You can't get your tinted permit at lagos force hq stress free and free of charge, you can get it done either by a known official or by agents. I can help you get it done also. call or whatsapp 08144476474
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by JAYUK(m): 4:44am On Feb 02, 2019
Please @ op,I bought a car,the owner gave me the tint permit print out he was issued which was signed and stamped.Do I need to redo it again,he has done biometrics with the details of the car or should I keep on driving with the one he did since I have done a change of ownership.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by ospreywin(m): 11:02am On Feb 02, 2019
JAYUK:
Please @ op,I bought a car,the owner gave me the tint permit print out he was issued which was signed and stamped.Do I need to redo it again,he has done biometrics with the details of the car or should I keep on driving with the one he did since I have done a change of ownership.
when you bought the vehicle do you have your change of ownership done appropriately?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by JAYUK(m): 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2019
Yes,I did a change of ownership at the BIR licensing office, with purchase receipt, affidavit and police extract
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by ospreywin(m): 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2019
Then you will have to apply for another tinted permit, i'm just asking if you go through through the right process to obtain your change of ownership documents cos you will be asked to provide it at the force hq, if its a fake one your application wont be processed and it will be a very serious case. You can contact me for the tinted permit hassle free. 08144476474
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by agabusta: 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2019
Dynamo1:

My guy, that's another issue. In fact u need to reduce the jpeg image to less than 100K to be able to upload. I'll advice guyz to open the image with "paint" then resize to like 25%, and re-save. That's for who understand how to do that.
Please, I need someone to convince me that his/her experience with the police ICT guy was pleasant. The guy was demanding for N5000 to do my biometrics. I gave him N2000 with abeg, and was still threatening he won't treat my form, that I'll still pay the balance. I told him was it not meant to be free? He answered that it's absolutely free that I should go with my money and by the time I didn't get my form processed I'll pay times ten of that to bribe police on the road and he'll still be waiting here to collect from me the double of what he's demanding now. He was soo soo proud and confident that I wondered what our country has turned into. I expected the highest level of professionalism and best behaviour at a police HQ for that matter. Infact I have up on Nigerian Police. I gave the guy N2000 dat day ( over 5 weeks now), and till date my Tinted permit never ready. Maybe it was intentional I don't know. This just one of my three experiences that dat.
Even people in the police HQ don't seem to know about this process as at when I went. They kept directing me up and down, Infact two armed officers were psyching me to give them money before they could direct me. In their words: "u wan come collect tinted permit abi, now wey we dey see ourselves face-to-face settle us before we go begin do stop and search u inside ur tinted motor, and na u go dey beg us dat time". I juz walked away and they said "no worry, we go jam for road, u dey use us do yang now". Even at the entry gate, two female officers will ask u to sign in, then ask u to drop something for them before you sign out. Corruption stenches everywhere, Infact na GOD hand we dey for ds kontri.

This is damn funny grin
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by agabusta: 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
stonemasonn:
@OP what about the National Identity Number (NIN) is it the number on our national ID card?

One funny thing I noticed is that the important National Identity Number is not actually on the National ID card! Too much confusion in this country. The NIN is actually on the temporary slip given to applicants, but not on the actual card after it is printed.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by charlsecy(m): 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2019
@princemillla
Does one need a permit for pasting dark waterproof nylon on one's windshields?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by morgang(m): 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2019
Funny I did a tinted permit document just Last week through an agent in Ibadan secretariat 10k..
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by ospreywin(m): 6:34am On Mar 28, 2019
I can help you get your tinted glass permit done in Lagos either factory fitted or none just holla @ 08144476474... Some people already patronized me here... Tested and trusted
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by ospreywin(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
HOW TO CONFIRM THE GENUINENESS OF YOUR TINT PERMIT
Getting a tint permit is one thing and getting the original one is another thing entirely, there are several ways you can confirm your tinted glass permit if it's fake or not:
1. BARCODE: Original tint permit do comes with a barcode printed on it which carries your informations like name of owner, vehicle registration, chassis number, make of vehicle... If you get a permit without these informations correlating with your registered informations then it's fake!
2. VERIFICATION PORTAL: There's always a link on the barcode below your informations which will redirect you to your verification portal, copy the link and paste in your browser to verify your application status. This way you're sure it's original permit but if the link doesn't work then it's fake.
3. SIGNATURE: Sometimes it's always confusing to know if you're holding an original document in Nigeria cos fake ones always look better and appealing than the original, check the signature on your permit if it's fainted or bold... Fainted signatures shows they are scanned and edited which is likely to be a fake one but the bold and vibrant means it is authentic.
4. APPLICATION ID: During the pre-registration, you will be issued an application Id to log in to your portal with your email, if you still have the application Id and mail you can use that to verify your permit but since the print out is done at the force headquarter also, this might be challenging.
These are the ways you can verify your permits.. If you need a tint permit stress and hassle free, you can whatsapp or call 08144476474
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Vikkiboi(m): 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2019
morgang:
Funny I did a tinted permit document just Last week through an agent in Ibadan secretariat 10k..

Can you please link me to the person?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Bettycars(m): 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
princemillla:

3. You will be provided with a login password (you can change it once u log in).

5. Complete details of your car and input your insurance number then upload those docs in the portal provided

9. A copy of your print out form with an inscription : UNDER PROCESSING WITH SIGNATURE AND DATE will be giving back to you.

10.last, log in to your portal regularly to monitor if your permit has been approved.

Kudos to all the staffs in the ict department of police headquarters in ikeja, they ensured they attended to everyone on the list. Incase you are reading this( na that funny Gbajabiamila boy they appreciate you.

Nb: am not a police officer, just a citizen like you, Information is power, it can save a lots of life.

My experience : I met several police officers in same headquarters, we'll dressed, looking smart and agile. I want to believe they are well educated. I n my honest advice, those are the set of people we need in police force generally.

Observation : the awareness on the tinted permit is not that sound and believe me, come April many people will fall victim, so mods pls push this to the fp to save drivers.

God bless Nigeria

Impressive
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by ospreywin(m): 10:16am On Apr 28, 2019
You can now get your tinted glass permit done in Lagos at a cheap amount.. Just call or whatsapp 08144476474 for more information
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by agabusta: 8:04am On May 17, 2019
The NPF site for the tinted permit has been down for days now. Does it mean the online application has been abandoned??

Modified*

This is the correct url:

https://www.npf.gov.ng/tinted/
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by agabusta: 9:41am On May 17, 2019
princemillla:

God bless Nigeria

Kindly update the link. What you have above is not opening.

I just discovered that adding a forward slash / makes it work.

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 12:53pm On May 18, 2019
agabusta:

Kindly update the link. What you have above is not opening.

I just discovered that adding a forward slash / makes it work.

Thanks bro but only moderator can adjust that since the post is on front page. I no longer av access to editing
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by UcGadaz(m): 11:17am On Jul 28, 2019
Mine is kind of complicated. I processed a tinted permit for a relative but he couldn't do the biometric capture before he travelled out.
Now I need to bring the car back home from a different state , I don't know whether the online print out can get me through the numerous checkpoints
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by agabusta: 10:56am On Aug 05, 2019
UcGadaz:
Mine is kind of complicated. I processed a tinted permit for a relative but he couldn't do the biometric capture before he travelled out.

Now I need to bring the car back home from a different state , I don't know whether the online print out can get me through the numerous checkpoints

Biometrics capture can only be carried out for the person on whose name the car is registered.

Well, it depends on how you can talk your way with the officers on the road. Either ways, you must drop somethings grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) / Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.