Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:20 PM

The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff (45911 Views)

What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff? / 16 Years Banking Experience As A Contract Staff (Age Barrier) / How Much Does First Bank Pay Her Contract Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by seangy4konji: 4:09pm On Mar 04, 2016
Sit down there when yor mates are doing blood money,hard drugs and diverting goverent money into their pockets.

Abi you come this life to suffer ni?

Ps. Na joke oooo. U never know anything. PErson weh no know where hin mate deh make am go run till hell fire calls.

Make God pick my own call also.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by macphilip: 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
If I may ask Mr Poster,
did anybody force you to do a Contract job?
I once rejected a Contract Job, today am doing something better.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by latinoKingdom(m): 4:22pm On Mar 04, 2016
xyz098:
I resumed as a contract staff of a bank early last month, every one was happy for me (having waited for over two years before getting a real job). They all thanked God on my behalf. I was eventually posted to the contact centre of the bank located somewhere in ilupeju. my first one week on the job opened my eyes to the real definition of slavery. people work like crazy, targets have to be met, and there's no closing time. as an msc student, I had thought I can combine both, but with what I'm seeing, I'm scared. even more Scarry is when you meet people there and they tell you they've been in that slavery for up to four Years.

please share your experience as a contract staff. how were you able to cope?
you can terminate the contract if you want to... I don't see it as slavery
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by MadCow1: 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
xyz098:
I resumed as a contract staff of a bank early last month, every one was happy for me (having waited for over two years before getting a real job). They all thanked God on my behalf. I was eventually posted to the contact centre of the bank located somewhere in ilupeju. my first one week on the job opened my eyes to the real definition of slavery. people work like crazy, targets have to be met, and there's no closing time. as an msc student, I had thought I can combine both, but with what I'm seeing, I'm scared. even more Scarry is when you meet people there and they tell you they've been in that slavery for up to four Years.

please share your experience as a contract staff. how were you able to cope?

You can always leave.. Nobody use handcuff chain you join your desk.
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
Rogersmith:
That is just the way our system works this country. The blame should be directed to the labour congress. I believe that they is a labour law that protects the rights of contact staff, but because of unwillingness and selfishness of our labour congress this laws cannot be put into action. The national assembly should also have the share of the blame. This private companies inject money into national assembly to stop any process of making new laws to checkmate their excesses.
If an Indian employer mete the same action to us we will be shouting racist!

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by otokx(m): 4:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
Was expecting to see a detailed expose.
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by markpenk: 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
Oga grammarian, remove the log in your eyes first tongue cool
asalimpo:
@xyz098
For a secondary school graduate you write very poorly.
Not to talk of an msc holder.

What was [b]WERE the CRAZY experiences you had[/b]? That's the main reason people clicked to read this thread.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by eniba(m): 4:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
slirkmot:
But commercial banks own beta. Ever heard what's it's like in mfbs? You go run

shuuuu? mfb own na die embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Otuoke: 4:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
Have you resigned? Complainer
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by lonelydora: 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
And again I say, I stopped taking NLC serious immediately Oshiomhole left as Chairman. They are just toothless bulldog now.

Asians take us for a ride in our country and NLC expect you to thank God that you even have a job.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Lobolintin(m): 4:52pm On Mar 04, 2016
Depends on the nature of the contracts.....

Didn't you read through before signing ?¿

Quit Nah
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2016
Funjosh:
#40000 monthly salary, #3.5m monthly target tongue
Oh my gosh!! embarassed
Funjosh:
#40000 monthly salary, #3.5m monthly target tongue
Oh my gosh!!

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 04, 2016
udemzyudex:
Bank contract job.... Hmmmmm, I'ts better to hustle in computer village, ikeja than working as a contract staff...

I dislike any marketing job where target will be made mention of ehn.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
astephen2:
Some people are paid to type here just to defend the banks. They are also part of the slavery OP is talking about but to them they are doing their job.

They are not happy that the banks are criticised.
Those are the bank PRs.
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Through my personal research,i have come to realize that people who do illegitimate business are more successful and richer in life than those who do legitimate business.Some employers will be surcharging her staff,even with the peanut salaries they pay,and be putting in their own account l.Only the few legitimate ones that are successful.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by ademide0710: 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
Have always noticed the way u address issues.must u use abusive words....pls wise up
Adonis3:
na GOD go punish contract job

Ani ise kontirakiti yen ma sori bu niiundecided

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
macphilip:
If I may ask Mr Poster,
did anybody force you to do a Contract job?
I once rejected a Contract Job, today am doing something better.
The hard economy conditions force's people to accept anything.Good,bad or worse.Who knows you may be one of the wicked bosses or pr we are discussing here.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
MadCow1:

You can always leave.. Nobody use handcuff chain you join your desk.
One's responsibility can make he/she to endure a slave job and be searching for a better offer before he/she can leave the slave job.

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by porshuch: 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
Rogersmith:
That is just the way our system works this country. The blame should be directed to the labour congress. I believe that they is a labour law that protects the rights of contact staff, but because of unwillingness and selfishness of our labour congress this laws cannot be put into action. The national assembly should also have the share of the blame. This private companies inject money into national assembly to stop any process of making new laws to checkmate their excesses.
Nigerian labour congress is shit! They collect bribe from all these private organization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by porshuch: 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
Love Machine:
Through my personal research,i have come to realize that people who do illegitimate business are more successful and richer in life than those who do legitimate business.Some employers will be surcharging her staff,even with the peanut salaries they pay,and be putting in their own account l.Only the few legitimate ones that are successful.
correct man! Your head they there. Even dangote is not excluded.
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by hollo: 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
Look Op, let me tell u something, we need more of those mean entrepreneurs in Nigeria, especially all these poor southwestern states like Osun, Ondo. Yes these jobs are really stressful......but isnt it better than sitting at home, or stealing, or waiting for APC's 5k?. If Nigeria had about 2000 dangotes and otedolas, people wont be crying of poverty. Plssss......enjoy what you have, learn, rise, and if possible start yours so we can employ the upcoming generation

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by company500: 5:19pm On Mar 04, 2016
from the post I can see that contract staffs in banks are really poorly treated. I even have a friend from Access Bank who told me that he is really finding it tough as a contract staff but has no choice due to the lack of jobs in Nigeria. he complains of the very little salary he collects which is about #70000 and works from morning to very late in the night around 9Pm. I just want to ask everyone here at nairaland if this is how all staffs are treated in Access bank. I also want to know how much top executives are being paid in Access bank as total compensation every month or annually as compared to this contract staffs who work day and night
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by LyfeJennings(m): 5:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
I think if U really want it
U will stay cos even God is bias. Just hold on the job till you get what U want.
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by newpisces: 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
Creamish:

No one is being wicked. It's strictly business. Sign the employment letter if ur okay with it....or reject if ur not okay with it.

C'est la vie.

I take it that you are have a nice job and/or financially ok. If you see why and where guys are desperate to get a source of living, you will understand why they will sign any contract as long as they have the job.
May God deliver our youths from poverty.

4 Likes

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by AleAirHub(m): 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
STANBIC is the worst of all....
You need to see how all their staff is running away from their YENAGOA branch to other brand...
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Creamish(f): 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
newpisces:

I take it that you are have a nice job and/or financially ok. If you see why and where guys are desperate to get a source of living, you will understand why they will sign any contract as long as they have the job.
May God deliver our youths from poverty.

Life is harsh. Iv had my fair share of hardship. For over a year back in 2006, I earned 30k monthly with a lot of responsibilities. Keep working hard and u will rise. I totally understand why someone will sign up for a contract job..

but my point is..

Don't get a headache over something U cannot change. Make the best of what you have currently and U will be lifted at the right time. I'm speaking from experience cos Iv seen a lot. No condition is permanent. smiley

6 Likes

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Adonis3: 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2016
ademide0710:
Have always noticed the way u address issues.must u use abusive words....pls wise up

lolgrin

If you can't notice that I was only kidding

Please swerveundecided

Anyways, thanks for being a fan cool smiley
Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Spyonsurvey: 5:49pm On Mar 04, 2016
***Mothers' Day Gift***

Sunday March 6, 2016

Thinking of what to present her?

Install a TRACKER in her Vehicle(s) for just 35k Only. Offer ends Monday March 7, 2016 #Take Advantage

#SmartPhoneSelfMonitoring

#WeNeverStopWaching

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by amicable09(f): 5:49pm On Mar 04, 2016
Dahveydson:

You photocopied what was on my mind immediately I finished reading what the OP wrote.
I would have preferred to scan your mind o! The photocopying machine is not Coloured ... lol

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Ashmark(m): 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
Someone that has been looking for job for over 2years and now you got a job that they didn't forced you to accept and you have started complaining within 1month of starting the job.

There are companies in Nigeria that pay less than 70K as salary for all their staff without separating contract or Core staff yet they work like crazy.

Please let's always have this attitude of being grateful for little thing and hope for a better future.

Even if they offer you a job as core staff, you will still come on Nairaland and complain that Bank is making you to work from 7am-8pm without additional pay.

4 Likes

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Maski87: 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
Well that job is not your typical civil service job ,the problem with many Nigerians is that the want to get paid maximum salary for minimum work,what you call slavery is normal work ethic in most advanced countries and until people take their jobs seriously and do what the are employed to do nigeria will never progress

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
Creamish:

My dear...datz where the term "contract" comes to fore. Is it in the contract the bank has with the Outsourcing company that the staff will be converted after 2-3years? Is it in the HR policy of the bank to convert outsourced/contract staff after some years? If these terms don't exist, then cease blaming the bank or getting a headache over nothing cos it aint gonna change till someone amends the contractual terms and conditions.
While in the system, improve on yourself and aim higher_ complaining ain't gonna change shii.

No one is being wicked. It's strictly business. Sign the employment letter if ur okay with it....or reject if ur not okay with it.

C'est la vie.

Contract staff are always complaining, the aim of contract staffing is for short term job opportunities, be it to improve yourself, raise finance for further studies...etc. They will sign the employment letter, get into the system and start complaining.

Who isn't stressed?
Even full staff are stressed, more responsibilities and liabilities on you.
I know one bank that converts contract staff though_ recent development.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How ‘do You Know Who I Am?’ Got An Army Officer And His Wife In Trouble In Abuja / FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister / Where Can An Industrial Chemistry Graduate Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.